Sony Predicting its own Demise

  • 122 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SinjinSmythe
#1 Edited by SinjinSmythe (1049 posts) -

http://ps4daily.com/2013/09/sce-president-were-not-allowed-to-fail-with-the-playstation-4/

Sony admits that if the PS4 doesn't do well that the dark times will become even darker than the darkest dark.

Don't let the sad news I bring affect anyone getting their midnight releases tonight. Have fun and don't forget your 8 post it notes for balance.

Enjoy!!

Avatar image for SinjinSmythe
#2 Posted by SinjinSmythe (1049 posts) -

Avatar image for lamprey263
#3 Edited by lamprey263 (36172 posts) -

basically, it's like the girlfriend nobody wants that says if you break up with me I'll kill myself

Avatar image for StormyJoe
#4 Posted by StormyJoe (7799 posts) -

@SinjinSmythe said:

HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Avatar image for Chutebox
#5 Edited by Chutebox (44696 posts) -

Lucky for them PS4 is doing really well.

Avatar image for XxR3m1xInHDn3D
#6 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (2365 posts) -
@StormyJoe said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

HA HA HA HA HA!!!

OWNED!

Avatar image for SinjinSmythe
#7 Posted by SinjinSmythe (1049 posts) -

Avatar image for shawn30
#8 Posted by shawn30 (4409 posts) -

Any Cows or Sony fans with their heads in the sand about just how incredibly dire Sony's financial situation is, this article says it all from the horses mouth. Its not just the gaming division that needs the PS4 to succeed. It is the whole damn company that needs it to be a huge success. That's a ton of pressure and even if Sony outsells the One, and that's far from an absolute in years to come, the company needs it to do so well its shocking.

Avatar image for XxR3m1xInHDn3D
#9 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (2365 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

Any Cows or Sony fans with their heads in the sand about just how incredibly dire Sony's financial situation is, this article says it all from the horses mouth. Its not just the gaming division that needs the PS4 to succeed. It is the whole damn company that needs it to be a huge success. That's a ton of pressure and even if Sony outsells the One, and that's far from an absolute in years to come, the company needs it to do so well its shocking.

Sony still have the vit...... oh nvm

Avatar image for Gue1
#10 Edited by Gue1 (12171 posts) -

welcome to 3 months ago lems, still grasping at straws I see. PS4 already has 3 million locked and loaded for this year, so prepare those butts for the hurt that is coming to you guys with this gen. It's gonna be a slaughter. ;)

Avatar image for shawn30
#11 Edited by shawn30 (4409 posts) -

Avatar image for SinjinSmythe
#12 Posted by SinjinSmythe (1049 posts) -

Some more demise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCRxSh5zFcw

Avatar image for TruthArisen
#13 Edited by TruthArisen (403 posts) -

Wonder Woman responds.

" Lots of Sony envy in this thread."

Avatar image for RossRichard
#14 Edited by RossRichard (3709 posts) -

Sony has already sold over a million, and it hasn't even come out yet. Try harder lems.

Avatar image for SinjinSmythe
#15 Posted by SinjinSmythe (1049 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

welcome to 3 months ago lems, still rasping at straws I see. PS4 already has 3 million locked and loaded for this year, so prepare those butts for the hurt that is coming to you guys with this gen. It's gonna be a slaughter. ;)

Let me put things in perspective. 3 million sales is great at launch but once the crap hits the fan and they still have 3 million sales 2 years later, they are done.

All those preorders are from blind fanboys who want the PS4 to be the best. The reality is not that.

Avatar image for lx_theo
#16 Edited by lx_theo (6211 posts) -

I think everyone will be happy if you guys keep your lemming circle jerk in on thread. You guys are acting as bad as you claim cows to be.

Avatar image for blackace
#17 Edited by blackace (23576 posts) -

@SinjinSmythe said:

LMAO!! That's hilarious. Cerny's game gets a 4 score on Gamespot. I hope the PS4 doesn't fail miserably, but if it does Sony will have enough BRICKS to build a new HQ. lol!!

Avatar image for shawn30
#18 Posted by shawn30 (4409 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

welcome to 3 months ago lems, still rasping at straws I see. PS4 already has 3 million locked and loaded for this year, so prepare those butts for the hurt that is coming to you guys with this gen. It's gonna be a slaughter. ;)

Its still relevant considering this recent report.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-11-01/sony-loses-2-2-billion-in-market-value-after-hirai-forecast-cut.html

And kudos to pre-order sales. Wii-U came out running fast as well... While no one can honestly say they know how this will pan out, it paints a clear picture that Sony is in very, very bad shape financially.

Avatar image for DarthBilf
#19 Edited by DarthBilf (1357 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

Lucky for them PS4 is doing really well.

Have you been paying attention the last 24 hours?

Avatar image for SinjinSmythe
#20 Posted by SinjinSmythe (1049 posts) -

@RossRichard said:

Sony has already sold over a million, and it hasn't even come out yet. Try harder lems.

What are you talking about? All the launch consoles are sold at a loss. You have to be successful in the long run to return this money.

Ever hear of R&D? That money is not recouped until later down the road.

Avatar image for blackace
#21 Edited by blackace (23576 posts) -

@SinjinSmythe said:

Dude stop. I can't stop laughing. That is so funny. That's exactly how they were with the PS2 and PS3 for the most part. If you had a problem with your console, you'd better call your lawyer as Sony didn't want to hear about it.

****************************************************

@Gue1 said:

welcome to 3 months ago lems, still rasping at straws I see. PS4 already has 3 million locked and loaded for this year, so prepare those butts for the hurt that is coming to you guys with this gen. It's gonna be a slaughter. ;)

Let's hope 1.5 million of them don't have HMDI, O/S and controller issues. Tomorrow will be Sony's time to shine or fail miserably. I haven't heard any hadware problems with the XB1 yet.

Avatar image for shawn30
#22 Posted by shawn30 (4409 posts) -

@lx_theo said:

I think everyone will be happy if you guys keep your lemming circle jerk in on thread. You guys are acting as bad as you claim cows to be.

While I admit the pictures are silly internet fun, the reality of the articles posted and the people quoted in them are real topics of conversation.

Avatar image for I_can_haz
#23 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2013/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar#1

  • Not a single Xbone game in the Top 29.
  • Not a single Xbone game in the Top 100 of best Sellers of 2013 (So far)
  • More PS4 preorders in the US and a lot more worldwide

Keep playing Gamespot reviews in empty XBL servers. Face it lems, the Xbone is a flop in its strongest market, no hope for you guys. PS4 looking to outsell Xbone 2 to 1 in the US :D

"b..bu...bu..but teh Karma!!" LMAO

Avatar image for lx_theo
#24 Posted by lx_theo (6211 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@lx_theo said:

I think everyone will be happy if you guys keep your lemming circle jerk in on thread. You guys are acting as bad as you claim cows to be.

While I admit the pictures are silly internet fun, the reality of the articles posted and the people quoted in them are real topics of conversation.

And yet you're acting like the cow stereotype in how you guys are dealing with them. Not as though that was ever not the case, mind you.

Avatar image for XxR3m1xInHDn3D
#25 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (2365 posts) -

@lx_theo said:

I think everyone will be happy if you guys keep your lemming circle jerk in on thread. You guys are acting as bad as you claim cows to be.

Cows have been circle jerking in every thread since E3 and even Sony joined in on the fun.

Avatar image for lx_theo
#26 Edited by lx_theo (6211 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@lx_theo said:

I think everyone will be happy if you guys keep your lemming circle jerk in on thread. You guys are acting as bad as you claim cows to be.

Cows have been circle jerking since E3 and even Sony joined in on the fun.

So you're saying you're exactly the same as the cows? Good to know.

Avatar image for kuu2
#27 Edited by kuu2 (11159 posts) -

@Gue1: Yes because in Sony Fan world no one ever backs out of a perorder...........lulz.

Does Sony Fan hold meetings to see who can come up with the dumbest post or is it a universal skill for all of them?

Avatar image for SinjinSmythe
#28 Posted by SinjinSmythe (1049 posts) -

@lx_theo said:

I think everyone will be happy if you guys keep your lemming circle jerk in on thread. You guys are acting as bad as you claim cows to be.

I cant agree more. After a year of abuse from cows the truth comes out. Lems should keep this down to about 20 threads a day.

Avatar image for Gue1
#29 Edited by Gue1 (12171 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

Any Cows or Sony fans with their heads in the sand about just how incredibly dire Sony's financial situation is, this article says it all from the horses mouth. Its not just the gaming division that needs the PS4 to succeed. It is the whole damn company that needs it to be a huge success. That's a ton of pressure and even if Sony outsells the One, and that's far from an absolute in years to come, the company needs it to do so well its shocking.

if you care about Sony so much then go and buy a PS4. ;)

Avatar image for shawn30
#30 Edited by shawn30 (4409 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2013/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar#1

  • Not a single Xbone game in the Top 29.
  • Not a single Xbone game in the Top 100 of best Sellers of 2013 (So far)
  • More PS4 preorders in the US and a lot more worldwide

Keep playing Gamespot reviews in empty XBL servers. Face it lems, the Xbone is a flop in its strongest market, no hope for you guys. PS4 looking to outsell Xbone 2 to 1 in the US :D

"b..bu...bu..but teh Karma!!" LMAO

But seriously.... ok, bad pun :)

Seriously, pre-orders on one site don't tell the whole story. Both consoles are selling out of all the stock they have. Both are going to be a success. The topic of this thread is Sony's financial shape and how important PS4 is to its continued existence. If that one picture that I have seen you post several times helps you sleep at night, go for it. But don't post it thinking it tells the whole story about sales. It doesn't.

Avatar image for tormentos
#31 Edited by tormentos (29228 posts) -

@SinjinSmythe said:

http://ps4daily.com/2013/09/sce-president-were-not-allowed-to-fail-with-the-playstation-4/

Sony admits that if the PS4 doesn't do well that the dark times will become even darker than the darkest dark.

Don't let the sad news I bring affect anyone getting their midnight releases tonight. Have fun and don't forget your 8 post it notes for balance.

Enjoy!!

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames

Avatar image for XxR3m1xInHDn3D
#32 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (2365 posts) -

@lx_theo said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@lx_theo said:

I think everyone will be happy if you guys keep your lemming circle jerk in on thread. You guys are acting as bad as you claim cows to be.

Cows have been circle jerking since E3 and even Sony joined in on the fun.

So you're saying you're exactly the same as the cows? Good to know.

Nope but what I'm saying is that lems having fun for 24 hours shouldn't bother you so much and if it does then there's a PS4 sub forum for you

Avatar image for SinjinSmythe
#33 Edited by SinjinSmythe (1049 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

http://ps4daily.com/2013/09/sce-president-were-not-allowed-to-fail-with-the-playstation-4/

Sony admits that if the PS4 doesn't do well that the dark times will become even darker than the darkest dark.

Don't let the sad news I bring affect anyone getting their midnight releases tonight. Have fun and don't forget your 8 post it notes for balance.

Enjoy!!

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames

Bad reviews and consoles breaking everywhere.

You post Amazon preorders.

Conversation over due to lack of intelligence by the zit faced Pac Man dude.

Avatar image for clyde46
#34 Edited by clyde46 (49061 posts) -

Amazon? That the best you guys got?

Avatar image for SinjinSmythe
#35 Edited by SinjinSmythe (1049 posts) -

Just as a reminder.........................8 post it notes will level this thing out. Tune in next week on how to operate in safe mode and how to do a HDD swap during a download.

Avatar image for Chutebox
#36 Posted by Chutebox (44696 posts) -

@DarthBilf said:

@Chutebox said:

Lucky for them PS4 is doing really well.

Have you been paying attention the last 24 hours?

Ya, and it's doing really well. If you think SW or a few PS4s bricking is a big thing, I have a bridge for ya.

Avatar image for SinjinSmythe
#37 Edited by SinjinSmythe (1049 posts) -

@SinjinSmythe said:

Just as a reminder.........................8 post it notes will level this thing out. Tune in next week on how to operate in safe mode and how to do a HDD swap during a download.

Avatar image for Chutebox
#38 Posted by Chutebox (44696 posts) -
@kuu2 said:

@Gue1: Yes because in Sony Fan world no one ever backs out of a perorder...........lulz.

Does Sony Fan hold meetings to see who can come up with the dumbest post or is it a universal skill for all of them?

Bud, no way people will. If they decide they don't want it, they'll still buy it and make money.

Avatar image for lx_theo
#39 Posted by lx_theo (6211 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@lx_theo said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@lx_theo said:

I think everyone will be happy if you guys keep your lemming circle jerk in on thread. You guys are acting as bad as you claim cows to be.

Cows have been circle jerking since E3 and even Sony joined in on the fun.

So you're saying you're exactly the same as the cows? Good to know.

Nope but what I'm saying is that lems having fun for 24 hours shouldn't bother you so much and if it does then there's a PS4 sub forum for you

Its not bothering me. I'm just the demonstrating the fact that all fanboys are the same. You think this is some new thing that will only happened for a short time at launch? lol, no. Lems do the same stuff as cows all the time. Only difference is that Lems haven't had almost anything to circle jerk about most of the year.

Avatar image for SonofK
#40 Posted by SonofK (1088 posts) -

At 60 bucks a loss they'd need to sell a game to break even which is most likely to happen, I think they'll be able to make some decent revenue with PSN+ now.

Avatar image for good_sk8er7
#41 Edited by good_sk8er7 (4327 posts) -

Someone would buy the PS brand, or the first party studios would just split off and make games for other systems.

Who knows, if they don't succeed maybe they'll go the route of Sega and abandon everything but game development.

Avatar image for SinjinSmythe
#42 Posted by SinjinSmythe (1049 posts) -

@SonofK said:

At 60 bucks a loss they'd need to sell a game to break even which is most likely to happen, I think they'll be able to make some decent revenue with PSN+ now.

$60 Dollars isn't $60 going straight into Sony's pocket. Retailers make about $10-$12 a game and if a middle supplier is involved, there goes more $$$. Other parties getting a cut is the Developer and Publisher.

Avatar image for Alucard_Prime
#43 Posted by Alucard_Prime (10107 posts) -

@SinjinSmythe said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

Just as a reminder.........................8 post it notes will level this thing out. Tune in next week on how to operate in safe mode and how to do a HDD swap during a download.

Has this default been confirmed for all launch PS4s?? This is pretty bad.

Avatar image for urbansys
#44 Posted by urbansys (235 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2013/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar#1

  • Not a single Xbone game in the Top 29.
  • Not a single Xbone game in the Top 100 of best Sellers of 2013 (So far)
  • More PS4 preorders in the US and a lot more worldwide

Keep playing Gamespot reviews in empty XBL servers. Face it lems, the Xbone is a flop in its strongest market, no hope for you guys. PS4 looking to outsell Xbone 2 to 1 in the US :D

"b..bu...bu..but teh Karma!!" LMAO

Shocker that the only system released this week has the games on the top HOURLY chart...

Do you believe everyone here is that dumb??

Avatar image for SinjinSmythe
#45 Edited by SinjinSmythe (1049 posts) -

@Alucard_Prime said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

Just as a reminder.........................8 post it notes will level this thing out. Tune in next week on how to operate in safe mode and how to do a HDD swap during a download.

Has this default been confirmed for all launch PS4s?? This is pretty bad.

I have seen a few other videos doing this. I could only guess that it is every PS4 doing it.

Avatar image for Chutebox
#46 Posted by Chutebox (44696 posts) -

@urbansys said:

Shocker that the only system released this week has the games on the top HOURLY chart...

Do you believe everyone here is that dumb??

Apparently you are, "Not a single Xbone game in the Top 100 of best Sellers of 2013 (So far)"

Avatar image for PraetorianMan
#47 Posted by PraetorianMan (1972 posts) -

@urbansys said:

@I_can_haz said:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2013/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar#1

  • Not a single Xbone game in the Top 29.
  • Not a single Xbone game in the Top 100 of best Sellers of 2013 (So far)
  • More PS4 preorders in the US and a lot more worldwide

Keep playing Gamespot reviews in empty XBL servers. Face it lems, the Xbone is a flop in its strongest market, no hope for you guys. PS4 looking to outsell Xbone 2 to 1 in the US :D

"b..bu...bu..but teh Karma!!" LMAO

Shocker that the only system released this week has the games on the top HOURLY chart...

Do you believe everyone here is that dumb??

This has been more or less consistent in Sony's favor for months now.

Avatar image for tastetheacidmil
#48 Edited by tastetheacidmil (737 posts) -

cows were naive to think the ps4 would be like the way the ps2 was back in the day

Avatar image for FastEddie2121
#49 Posted by FastEddie2121 (3081 posts) -

So how a systems exclusives measure up doesn't matter anymore? Only sales charts now? Then again, this is from the same folks who swore $ony would never charge for online play cuz they love gamers and reasons. That karma/Knack pic is genius.

Avatar image for tormentos
#50 Posted by tormentos (29228 posts) -

@SinjinSmythe said:

Bad reviews and consoles breaking everywhere.

You post Amazon preorders.

Conversation over due to lack of intelligence by the zit faced Pac Man dude.

Bad reviews happen all years every year and all consoles...hahaha Remember the PS3.?

7 consoles out of 4000+ for a total of 0.000000000000000000000000000002%...hahaha

While the PS4 games enjoy a nice victory over everything and anything xbox one related..hahaha

Hell i should post Amazon best of 2013 which show only but the very best selling the first PS4 game is on spot 49 on the top 100,while not a single xbox one game exclusive or not make it into the top 100...lol

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2013/videogames

PS4 console at 8 spot,another at 38 spot another at 57.

The xbox one at spot 10 and 60

Killzone on 49 spot

AC4 at 59 spot.

Ghost PS4 at 66 spot.

BF4 PS4 at 95 spot..

And not a single xbox one game made it into the amazon top 100 of 2013..lol

What a beating it appear people doesn't care about scores or minimal problems..