Sony owns the top two devs in the industry

This topic is locked from further discussion.

juden41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#351 juden41
Member since 2010 • 4447 Posts
**** Bioware
Funconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#352 Funconsole
Member since 2009 • 3223 Posts

[QUOTE="ujjval16"]

Um ND is arguable, but GG, seriously? There are plenty of Devs that are way more talented. Bioware, Blizzard, Valve, Bungie, Epic, Nintendo, Retro, Sucker Punch, etc..

telefanatic

Lol at Bungie they only know how to make one game that is Halo thats it, and Epic you have to be kidding me right :lol:

So all these games Bungie made don't count? They're also working on a new IP with Activision
Funconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#353 Funconsole
Member since 2009 • 3223 Posts

[QUOTE="General_X"][QUOTE="bigblunt537"]

Why are people using expansions/mods as titles released by Valve? Yes, they are games which were released by Valve, but these are basically mods. Day of defeat source, TF2, Ep1, Ep2. and Portal. Don't get me wrong they're fun games, but I do not see how these mods can be compared to full games at all. Plus its much easier to release a mod running on a 6-7 year old engine than it is to make a new engine and a completely new game which Valve hasn't done in a long time. I like Valve, but honestly they are the most over rated devs of all time.

bigblunt537

TF2 is a mod of what exactly? Same for Portal and the Left 4 Dead series. And don't tell me they're mods of HL2 just cause they're running on Source, that would be like calling all Unreal Engine 3 games just mods of UT3.

Well I mean just look at them. They are very short and are no different quality wise than mods which a couple of people already make on the Source engine. There either fairly simple or just multiplayer add ons. I'm not only saying that because of the Engine. If I was I would've called L4D a mod too, but I didn't because that's just non sense.

Wait L4D, TF2 and Portal are mods? Of what? Buddy did you even play those games?
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#354 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

[QUOTE="General_X"][QUOTE="bigblunt537"]

Why are people using expansions/mods as titles released by Valve? Yes, they are games which were released by Valve, but these are basically mods. Day of defeat source, TF2, Ep1, Ep2. and Portal. Don't get me wrong they're fun games, but I do not see how these mods can be compared to full games at all. Plus its much easier to release a mod running on a 6-7 year old engine than it is to make a new engine and a completely new game which Valve hasn't done in a long time. I like Valve, but honestly they are the most over rated devs of all time.

bigblunt537

TF2 is a mod of what exactly? Same for Portal and the Left 4 Dead series. And don't tell me they're mods of HL2 just cause they're running on Source, that would be like calling all Unreal Engine 3 games just mods of UT3.

Well I mean just look at them. They are very short and are no different quality wise than mods which a couple of people already make on the Source engine. There either fairly simple or just multiplayer add ons. I'm not only saying that because of the Engine. If I was I would've called L4D a mod too, but I didn't because that's just non sense.

How is TF2 not a full game?