outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4224 Posts

The first being that when you buy a Sony console, there’s a large installation process.

Second it’s games are not sensational like they used to be.

Otherwise everything is fine. 👍

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@outworld222: theres another main problem: getting slapped by Microsoft and Xbox...being Xbox's bitch.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 outworld222

@blaznwiipspman1: that’s also true 😉

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56105 Posts

Add $70 to the problem's list.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 outworld222

@davillain: apparently I missed out some major points. This…is a very valid point indeed.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

PS2 era was probably Sony's peak

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#7 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9730 Posts
@omegamaster said:

I agree with you.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

I'd say there's still lots of QoL features missing on PS5. One can't say jump between PS4/PS5 builds of games and take their progress with the same ease one can with Xbox games, and there's no cross-platform entitlements or progression system built the way UWP does. And since they are staggering their games to PC, they just aren't set up like UWP for users to buy titles, have access across multiple devices, and the infrastructure that supports it. I think that will be next. Developing their first party titles to PC was already the first milestone. They'll need to get to developing those games on similar schedule next. Then hopefully an entitlements bridge with consoles/PC at the end of it.

If they ever get to days of adding first party day ones to their subscription services then that could be cool, or stop the $70 game BS, or offer some real Smart Delivery-like features, any of that would just make it better.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By omegaMaster
@GameboyTroy said:
@omegamaster said:

I agree with you.

PS3 - Price point at launch, no backwards compatibility

PS4 - Much better than the PS3 but lacks exclusive games and library compared to PS2, no backwards compatibility

PS5 - Console shortages and $70 for a PS5 game. At least it has PS4 backwards compatibility, but why is there no PS3 backwards compatibility?! This is where Xbox treat their customers with care

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11090 Posts

Sony definitely has a games problem... they have too many! While their main rival has to get by on selling bargain basement cheap consoles while hyping up a game rental service that never delivers 🤣

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

Sony needs to get their shit together and fix a problem bringing the PS5 out of rest mode. Powering up the Dualsense often doesn’t revive the console, which requires a hard boot using the power button which risks corruption of data.

This is STILL an issue so long after release. I don’t know what they’re doing, if it’s incapable of being fixed, but Christ man.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7201 Posts

Add spending crazy prices for a GoW collectors edition and receiving a game case without the disc. How stupid can a company be?

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By outworld222

@mesome713: they’re smart, but not in video games.

@GirlUSoCrazy the issue here is that….these companies will be releasing their own Switch Iterations after Nintendo has long innovated and found some more of a creative console scheme.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

Their main problem is that they're really boring. Pretty bad when you're supposed to entertain.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22679 Posts

I hope Sony keeps putting their games on pc. Xbox too... Makes life so much more simple.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

@TheEroica said:

I hope Sony keeps putting their games on pc. Xbox too... Makes life so much more simple.

But think of the console fans that are butthurt their games are available on better hardware, and the redundant weaker hardware you don't need to waste money on. Are those things worth nothing to you?!

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Weak consoles and movie/ubisoft-esq games?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19  Edited By mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58306 Posts

Don't really have anything negative to say about Playstation, they just are not really impressing me all that much recently. Just feeling indifferent about it.

@davillain said:

Yeah, big slap in the face in the middle of a pandemic.

@TheEroica said:

Yeah no kidding.

Exclusives, with a few exceptions, are generally bad simply out of principle. It's nice to have choice, to play games on the platform you want.

Especially if that platform is PC 😁

Simonthekid7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Simonthekid7
Member since 2014 • 981 Posts

i think by the time ps5 and xbox series x arrived they somehow did not need exclusive games to sell. It was enough just with the better hardware specs and being able to play games in 4K with ray tracing and higher frame rate. Which is weird. Imagine launching Xbox 360 while releasing the same games on the original Xbox. Would people have bought a new game console then if they could play the games on the old hardware but with worse graphics? Like releasing a Halo 3 or Gear sof war for original Xbox..

Of course maybe some games which are for both ps4 and ps5 are limited when they need to work for such old hardware. Instead of building games from the ground up just for ps5.

Same thing goes for Xbox One / Xbox series X.

I think it is weird the consoles sold so well but i guess nowadays people are willing to invest a lot of money in a game console not only for new games but for better versions of current games too.

Interesting which approach Nintendo takes when they make another game console. (they did launch two Zelda games, Twilight princess and Breath of the Wild, for both new and old hardware so they are not entirely new to the idea) Could there be a Metroid Prime 4 game for both Switch and "Switch 2"?

Where you need to buy Switch 2 to get the "deluxe" version with an extra costume for Samus ;) Lol.

Metroid Prime 4 for Switch might be 1080 p or 900 p but for switch 2 it could be 1440 p or 4k perhaps? Anyway, enough Nintendo in your Playstation thead, sorry, i am way out of line :)

Simonthekid7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Simonthekid7

I think 70 dollars was too much in 2020 but considering the SUPER INFLATION ENVIRONMENT we are in now 70 dollars in 2022 is almost like 60 dollars in 2020 so it is kind of like we are back where we started so i am kind of fine with 70 dollars now. I might not buy many 70 dollar games personally but i do not think it is as unreasonable any more.

I would really not like if they were like: "Considering the inflation we are now raising our prices to 79 dollars! We need to do it." Or similar PR bullshit.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#22 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

The main problem I have with Sony is their games no longer appeal to me for they have gotten stale.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

I personally feel theres less games coming out year after year now than ever before for all systems if you dont count indie games. Whether that has to do with higher production costs, covid, less game studios than say the 2000s, or whatever else, it is very apparent to me and it is very annoying. Leads me to just replay old games over and over.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#24 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@omegamaster said:

Easily

@davillain said:

Agree not only a Sony problem though. all AAA publishers are switching to the 70$ price tag which is BS the greed is disgusting from all these companies. They makes millions of dollars but it's never enough I would love a gaming crash but I know it will never happen.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10614 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@outworld222: theres another main problem: getting slapped by Microsoft and Xbox...being Xbox's bitch.

Besides overall power (in which I wouldn’t use the term “slapped“), in what other metric the ps5 is losing to the Xbox to?

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10614 Posts
@girlusocrazy said:

EA, Activision, Take-Two, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Square-Enix, you'd be hearing about these more often when $70 was brought up but you don't because SW doesn't really care about price, just having a lot of trouble finding anything else to complain about with Sony so that's why it's all Sony's fault. 🤷

Of course the above companies would do it on Switch too if they wouldn't get laughed at due to the downgraded experience. In truth the Switch versions should be $80 (probably at least $90 because of the cost of the cartridge) because of the work paring the game down for that spec and also making sure it provides a consistent experience in an even lower configuration for handheld mode. Maybe that's MS's problem, imagine charging $70 for a Series S game.

These type of posts are not allowed here in SW. It makes too much sense.

🤣🤣🤣

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11281 Posts

@ermacness: Literally none. Sony had been dominating in exclusives since 2011. They were winning the exclusive battle in 2000-2006 and 2008-2011 as well but 2012-2022 has been a one sided slaughter from Sony every single year. At least Xbox used to be somewhat competitive in that exclusive department.

But ya know... trolls

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

80 euro games.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

My biggest problem with sony is that my ps3 psn games cant be accessed on anything else other than a ps3.

Kinda sucks cuz a lot of my psn games were the ps1/ps2 classic rpgs

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 omegaMaster

@jsmoke03 said:

My biggest problem with sony is that my ps3 psn games cant be accessed on anything else other than a ps3.

Kinda sucks cuz a lot of my psn games were the ps1/ps2 classic rpgs

Yeah. I am annoyed by that. This is one of the reasons why business don't back backwards compatability

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 omegaMaster
@warmblur said:
@omegamaster said:

Easily

@davillain said:

Agree not only a Sony problem though. all AAA publishers are switching to the 70$ price tag which is BS the greed is disgusting from all these companies. They makes millions of dollars but it's never enough I would love a gaming crash but I know it will never happen.

Maybe Sony regretted giving away free games to PS4 owners during the pandemic. I hope deep down this isn't true.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6865 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

They literally mudstomped Xbox this entire year and that was with a massive supply shortage. I can't think of a single way Xbox bitch slaps anything. They are a distant third place where they belong.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Silentchief
@omegamaster said:
@warmblur said:
@omegamaster said:

Easily

@davillain said:

Maybe Sony regretted giving away free games to PS4 owners during the pandemic. I hope deep down this isn't true.

Jesus you scrubs need a new hobby. I paid $80 back in the day for some SNES cartridges. This was when I was like 10.

Simonthekid7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Simonthekid7

there are too many games on game pass to play and not enough time to play them. So there is no need to go and buy a new 60 or 70 dollar game if you just want some new games to play. But if you want a specifik game like elden ring you need to pay up of course.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56105 Posts

@silentchief said:

Jesus you scrubs need a new hobby. I paid $80 back in the day for some SNES cartridges. This was when I was like 10.

$80? They were like $60 back in my days. Guess we live in different region/county🤷‍♂️

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Silentchief
@davillain said:
@silentchief said:

$80? They were like $60 back in my days. Guess we live in different region/county🤷‍♂️

Depends on the game. Some were $60 but the larger cartridges were more. You could get many for $60 but Street Fihhter 2 I remember was like $80.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Pedro

Sony fannies shilling for Sony $70 pricetag.😂

What is funnier, I pay less for these overpriced Sony games.🤣

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3055 Posts

@silentchief said:
@davillain said:
@silentchief said:

Depends on the game. Some were $60 but the larger cartridges were more. You could get many for $60 but Street Fihhter 2 I remember was like $80.

I can confirm. Mortal Kombat 2 on SNES was $80. Had to decide if I wanted a new bike or this...then I realized I still had legs; and I still remember Baraka's fatality :) Wolfenstein: Spear of Destiny was $70-$80 on PC a few years before that. It was expensive, but it costs to get good stuff. These days, everyone wants the best at bargain bin prices. You can do that, but you just pay in another way; locked to subscription, loss of ownership/control, predatory monetization, lack of innovation, lazy remakes/remasters, GaaS, etc. If you aren't paying, someone is paying for you.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dimebag667

@Litchie said:

Their main problem is that they're really boring. Pretty bad when you're supposed to entertain.

This. I really didn't care for PS4, but I was at least excited for it. PS5 is the first PlayStation I don't want. Neither the system or the games interest me. But neither do the other companies, so I just play old stuff.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#40 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@silentchief said:
@omegamaster said:
@warmblur said:
@omegamaster said:

Easily

@davillain said:

I rather be pro consumer than a corporate shill. I've lived through the 90's and have seen the prices yes SOME games where more expensive because of the chipsets of the cartridges where harder to produce there was a legit reason for it. Nowadays everything is digital or on a DVD. The $70 price hike is out of pure greed these companies are making millions and millions off of microtransactions, lootboxes, season passes etc.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pedro

@girlusocrazy: So, you are justifying why you are a shill.🙄 Don't be so proud of a being a shill.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

@Pedro said:

The main problem I have with Sony is their games no longer appeal to me for they have gotten stale.

I realised this at the start of the PS4 gen.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Pedro

@hrt_rulz01: Same here. I found PS3 games to be great despite the hardware being mediocre. I had a blast with my PS3. Good times.😁

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

@Pedro said:

@hrt_rulz01: Same here. I found PS3 games to be great despite the hardware being mediocre. I had a blast with my PS3. Good times.😁

Yeah same... I know some might find it hard to believe but I actually gamed more on PS3 than I did 360 or Wii that gen.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dimebag667

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Pedro said:

Yeah same... I know some might find it hard to believe but I actually gamed more on PS3 than I did 360 or Wii that gen.

Same here. It had a rough start, but I loved the PS3.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@silentchief: mudstomped 🤣 , you cows sure are delusional, you must have lost it after seeing the 4th remaster of tlou ($70). Xbox has been winning hard the past 6 months. It's closing the gap in the US, and even in Japan the tides are turning. Once the gp stick releases, xbox is going straight to the moon 🚀 🚀 🌙 . It'd just the better console, better environment and people are starting to wake up and realize that.

It's sadly a shame, xbox has been dealing with supply issues. Once that gets fixed, it's gg for sony.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Silentchief

@blaznwiipspman1: lol you live in an alternate reality but facts Don't lie.

The PS5 is the better system and has manged to outsell the XSX in 2022 and in 2021. If the XXS can't catch it now it never will. It won a few weeks in Japan because the PS5 was out of stock 😂😂. The PS5 has still outsold it in every region and by the end of the year the supply shortage will be over. I'll bet anything the PS5 destroys them at the end of the generation as they always do. The XSX won't take a single year not even this one.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#49  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

@omegamaster: PS2 must be the most overrated console of all time! Promoted as capable of Toy Story graphics, sold well thanks to the (deserved) success of PS1, lasted almost 2 years to get its first great exclusives, was hard to develop for and weaker that its competitors.

Sony was way more transparent with PS4 and PS5.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Pedro

@PAL360: The PS2 was overrated but at least it birthed Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.