Sony first party vs Nintendo first party

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

In fact, I think the poll is a bit skewed as there is no way in hell Sony should be getting this many votes.

ConanTheStoner

Oh, please...

I actually find it funny the ammount of replies saying "Isnt it obvious its Nintendo"...

NO, it isnt obvious. Some like Sonys 1st party better, and a fair amount of it, now deal with it

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

I prefer the games Sony produces, but Nintendo's consoles are basically all first party... So its hard to argue quality and quantity over quality adn overwhelming quantity (of games, not sales)

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#103 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

Lets compare games that have been out for decades to games less than 5 years old. hur dur

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

In fact, I think the poll is a bit skewed as there is no way in hell Sony should be getting this many votes.

Vatusus

Oh, please...

I actually find it funny the ammount of replies saying "Isnt it obvious its Nintendo"...

NO, it isnt obvious. Some like Sonys 1st party better, and a fair amount of it, now deal with it

Hey I'm not the one that came into the thread with a tin foil hat. I believe it is you that needs to learn how to deal with it.

And of course there are some that prefer Sonys 1st party, but overall it goes to Nintendo. As evidenced by...

• This thread
  • Many other threads
  • Game ratings
  • Game sales
  • Longevity
  • Quantity

I understand preference. You seem to have a problem understanding reality.

You're in the minority opinion? Ohhhh, it MUST be a conspiracy.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#105 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Nintendo.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

This gen? Sony

Ever? Nintendo

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#107 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Nintendo. The main reason why I bought Sony consoles was for 3rd party exclusives and not 1st party.

Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Z-Fatalis
Member since 2012 • 1058 Posts

This gen? Sony

Ever? Nintendo

NaveedLife

PresidentKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 PresidentKing
Member since 2012 • 215 Posts

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

ConanTheStoner

Oh, please...

Hey I'm not the one that came into the thread with a tin foil hat. I believe it is you that needs to learn how to deal with it.

And of course there are some that prefer Sonys 1st party, but overall it goes to Nintendo. As evidenced by...

This threadMany other threadsGame ratingsGame salesLongevityQuantity

Game selles? Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, and????? Game ratings?????? Such as???? Longetivity? some of their Ex-first-party and old still owned First-party are still alive. Quantity? Suchas???

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

ConanTheStoner

Oh, please...

• This thread
  • Many other threads
  • Game ratings
  • Game sales
  • Longevity
  • Quantity

This thread means sh1t

Many other threads mean sh1t

Game ratings - as you say opinions, not fact, so it isnt "obvious" by any means

game sales - You wanna go there? Its been known for quite some time that quality does not always translates into sales

Longevity - ??? what exactly do you mean by this, I dont get it

Quantity - well, obvious, when one has been longer in the market. Also, I'm curious. Wich one has more IPs? How many new IPs did nintendo produced this gen? I really ask this out of curiosity as I really dont know. One thing I can say for sure: I cant think of one new IP Nintendo released this gen other the wii sports/wii music/ wii *something*

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#111 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Does Nintendo have any other party?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Does Nintendo have any other party?JohnF111

It has Mario party

[spoiler] :P [/spoiler]

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#113 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

[QUOTE="JohnF111"]Does Nintendo have any other party?Vatusus

It has Mario party

[spoiler] :P [/spoiler]

:lol:
Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Shinobi120
Member since 2004 • 5728 Posts

Definitely Nintendo. Most of Sony's 1st/2nd party games are a joke.

Sony's strength has always been their third party developers, where as Nintendo can practically get by with nothing but there own stuff. I think that speaks volumes on the prowess of the developers over at Nintendo.draughtfiber

This. It wasn't exactly Sony's 1st/2nd party games that made PS1 & PS2 hugely successful.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
Between all the great games they've made on both consoles and handhelds nintendo takes this one easily.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]Well I grew up with Nintendo and because of that, I have to say Sony. I say Sony because I am bored with Nintendo's games. I am bored to death with Mario. I have yet to play a Zelda game that I liked and I own 5 for my Gamecube. Metroid isn't too bad, but that's just one series. Mario Kart is fun, but let's face it. If you have played one Mario Kart, you have played them all. Pokemon is the same way. Maybe if I hadn't grown up with Nintendo, I would think of their old IPs as fresh and new like today's kids do.Vickman178

The way your sentences are structured makes me feel like your actually 12.

1416ume.jpg

DISSESHOWEDO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 DISSESHOWEDO
Member since 2010 • 1775 Posts

Well, I have taste so I'll go with Sony.

Obviously_Right

I'm with you !

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
Sony of course
ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

Oh, please...

Vatusus

• This thread
  • Many other threads
  • Game ratings
  • Game sales
  • Longevity
  • Quantity

This thread means sh1t

game sales - You wanna go there? Its been known for quite some time that quality does not always translates into sales

Quantity - well, obvious, when one has been longer in the market. Also, I'm curious. Wich one has more IPs? How many new IPs did nintendo produced this gen? I really ask this out of curiosity as I really dont know. One thing I can say for sure: I cant think of one new IP Nintendo released this gen other the wii sports/wii music/ wii *something*

So you're throwing this one out then? I see you're trying to move goal posts with that little paragraph at the end. That is a whole other discussion.

The argument here is that you think its some sham that Nintendo is winning this poll. You want us to acknowledge that some prefer Sony 1st party (which is obvious), but in turn you don't want to acknowledge that more people prefer Nintendo 1st party.

You want to ignore every measurable means that we have (sales, scores and polls) and then base your argument on nothing.

What should you take away from this? There is nothing wrong with being in the minority opinion. Often times its a good thing actually. But dont act like there is some conspiracy going on just because your particular preference isn't the popular one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

• This thread
  • Many other threads
  • Game ratings
  • Game sales
  • Longevity
  • Quantity

ConanTheStoner

This thread means sh1t

So you're throwing this one out then? I see you're trying to move goal posts with that little paragraph at the end. That is a whole other discussion.

The argument here is that you think its some sham that Nintendo is winning this poll. You want us to acknowledge that some prefer Sony 1st party (which is obvious), but in turn you don't want to acknowledge that more people prefer Nintendo 1st party.

You want to ignore every measurable means that we have (sales, scores and polls) and then base your argument on nothing.

What should you take away from this? There is nothing wrong with being in the minority opinion. Often times its a good thing actually. But dont act like there is some conspiracy going on just because your particular preference isn't the popular one.

What you fail to realize is that I never doubted more people like Nintendo. I do, however doubt this specific poll right there, as many other polls out there. This is SW after all. If you're not with x, you're against it. simple

Every poll is a sham

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#121 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Earthbound and Golden Sun are first party too I think. Some of the Mario RPG's are some of the best RPG's ever made. You have Metroid being very unique in feel and gameplay both 2D and 3D. Mario platformers were the best in both 2D and 3D. Zelda has been some of the best action adventures in 2D and 3D. I mean.
Pikmin is unique. Paper Mario feels different. Pokemon... Star Fox 64 imo the best on-rails shooter ever.

Sony has good games too but imo not the best.

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

Nintendo definitely has the better library consisting of more iconic and beloved games. While they haven't released any new big name IP's like mario, Zelda, or pokemon, Sony has NEVER created anything of a similar caliber.