Sony first party vs Nintendo first party

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

Predictions for the poll

Cows = Sony

Sheep/Hermits/Lems = Nintendo

well, the poll will be fair... :roll:

sora16perfect

So why would the other factions jump to Nintendo on this? Lems and Cows love to gang up on Sheep. Its one of those few things they can put their differences aside for. Pure hermits seem to view all consolites in the same light. I just don't see your reasoning.

Also, in a much bigger thread, Nintendo won the poll by a landslide for best gaming company of all time.

I don't think this poll is unfair. In fact, I think the poll is a bit skewed as there is no way in hell Sony should be getting this many votes.

Cows are the most hated faction on this forum. Lems especially would sooner jump off a clift and commit mass suicide then support anything Sony.

Yet lems and cows are always best buds in Nintendo threads.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#52 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
sony is better... because they create humans.... not cartoon
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#53 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

Nintendo isn't it obvious , they continously ensure the game is good minus one bump-wii music.

since the days of the nes nintendo does not rush their games , they take thier time , to ensure quality is given , the only i p i feel that was rushed was marioparty but that aint bad considering the fact their main games like zelda mario and metroid dk have always performed well in terms of quality mariokart was great all the time , and their ssb series hits it on the mark , very seldem does a nintendo game feel rushed ,

sony gets it every now and then but as you can tell there was many times where a game could have been better - motorstorm the first killzone their vita game called little deviants seriously what is up with that one , killzone liberation also was lacking , for the power of the psp liberation left a sour taste in my mouth aside from that -- i say their both good , compared to microsoft

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

if we were talking personal prefference...i'd go with sony right now.sony games have catered to my taste a lot more than nintendo has because im not too fond of platformers even when i was a kid.

now if i was to look at it without bias....nintendo for sure. They have 2 many iconic franchises that sell a lot. they also have the proven track record, and if we compiled an all time greatest game list on sw....nintendo could justify 15 of the top 20 spots with nintendo first party games

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

I prefer Sony's.

Nintendo has too many Kiddy/Rehashed games for my liking.

RulerofGondor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 RulerofGondor
Member since 2011 • 401 Posts
Nintendo's first party is ace; when Sony's first party can support an entire system all on its own, like Nintendo's has been doing for three full console generations now, then I will concede that it is even remotely on the same level. As of right now, the failure of the PS Vita clearly demonstrates that it is not.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#57 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41561 Posts
[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

Predictions for the poll

Cows = Sony

Sheep/Hermits/Lems = Nintendo

well, the poll will be fair... :roll:

sora16perfect

So why would the other factions jump to Nintendo on this? Lems and Cows love to gang up on Sheep. Its one of those few things they can put their differences aside for. Pure hermits seem to view all consolites in the same light. I just don't see your reasoning.

Also, in a much bigger thread, Nintendo won the poll by a landslide for best gaming company of all time.

I don't think this poll is unfair. In fact, I think the poll is a bit skewed as there is no way in hell Sony should be getting this many votes.

Cows are the most hated faction on this forum. Lems especially would sooner jump off a clift and commit mass suicide then support anything Sony.

Pretty sure it's the Sheep who's the most hated.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 nintendoboy16
sony is better... because they create humans.... not cartoonhippiesanta
Sony doesn't create cartoon games... explain Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, and Ratchet and Clank?
RulerofGondor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 RulerofGondor
Member since 2011 • 401 Posts
[QUOTE="sora16perfect"][QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

nintendoboy16

No they're not.
josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 josephl64
Member since 2008 • 4424 Posts

Nintendo's first party is easily better, I got the PS3 for the 3rd party exclusives...

_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#61 _Cadbury_
Member since 2006 • 2936 Posts
Sony's. I don't see quality in staying in your 20 year old comfort zone and just living off of people's nostalgia. I wouldn't care if they actually made a decent amount of great new IPs as well.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
I prefer Sony.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 rjdofu

nintendoboy16

lol, love the victim playing.
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Cheleman

Yeah, cows are public enemy here on SW:P

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

While I do not like Sony's first party I do like Nintendo's.

Sony has some first party games I like though.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts
Last gen I would've said Sony. They have ND and ThatGameCompany though.
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 rjdofu
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Last gen I would've said Sony. They have ND and ThatGameCompany though.

ThatGameCompany has never been Sony's. Insomniac & Santa Monica are pretty good imo.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts
[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Last gen I would've said Sony. They have ND and ThatGameCompany though.

ThatGameCompany has never been Sony's. Insomniac & Santa Monica are pretty good imo.

Oh well. I was reffering to the games anyway. Insomniac's only game I really liked was R3. GoW3 was a disappointment.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#69 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts
Sony is more willing to try New IPs, fresher ideas, and more indie projects. Nintendo tends to have better execution on their games when their devs are on their A game.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="sora16perfect"] Cows are the most hated faction on this forum. Lems especially would sooner jump off a clift and commit mass suicide then support anything Sony.rjdofu

Victim playing? Just noticing what I see.

The sheep have been criticized for still supporting Nintendo, even after what's said to be bad business decisions. Not to mention having the worst of reactions towards reviewers that flop games, as well as being one of the few factions that attack their own kind the most compared to cows and lems (both of which I hardly ever see).

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
I like Nintendo's inventiveness, cartoony joyfulness and super high polish. I dislike their relative lack of new major IPs and backwards ass tech/design decisions. I like Sony's variety, great story based single player games, and willingness to make both sequels and new IPs, including funding very different unique games like Heavy Rain, Little Big Planet and Journey. I dislike their over abundance of meh shooters like Killzone, Resistance, MAG, Socom, War/Starhawk, and also wish their online modes were as good as Xbox Live. Both are fantastic, gaming would be far poorer without either of them!
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#72 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Joke thread?
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 rjdofu

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]Pretty sure it's the Sheep who's the most hated.nintendoboy16

The sheep have been criticized for still supporting Nintendo, even after what's said to be bad business decisions. Not to mention having the worst of reactions towards reviewers that flop games, as well as being one of the few factions that attack their own kind the most compared to cows and lems (both of which I hardly ever see).

Just make a thread about which faction is the worst then you will see what i meant. Nah you don't even need to, there're too many threads about it and the majority of SW users state cows are the worst. You can close your eyes or whatever you want, that's just how it is. On the other hand, Nintendo got the most vote for the best game company (or something similar) in one of Charizard's old threads. I doubt many people who voted Nintendo in that thread hate sheep. Don't quite understand your last part though.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#74 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"] lol, love the victim playing.rjdofu

Just make a thread about which faction is the worst then you will see what i meant. Nah you don't even need to, there're too many threads about it and the majority of SW users state cows are the worst. You can close your eyes or whatever you want, that's just how it is. On the other hand, Nintendo got the most vote for the best game company (or something similar) in one of Charizard's old threads. I doubt many people who voted Nintendo in that thread hate sheep. Don't quite understand your last part though.

Yeah it's pretty easy to tell cows are currently the most hated faction on SW as of now. I could see even lems being more hated than sheep.

It helps that I don't think there are really any true sheep on this board.

Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Z-Fatalis
Member since 2012 • 1058 Posts

Nintendo's is great but I personally prefer Sony's these are more my type of games

Uncharted

God of War

Resistance

LBP

Killzone

GT

Gravity Rush

Heavy Rain

Team Ico

InFamous

WipeOut

Motorstorm

Ratchet & Clank

Sly

Jak & Daxter

Twisted Metal

Warhawk

Socom

Soon to be added : The Last of Us, Beyond: 2 souls

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]Victim playing? Just noticing what I see.

DJ-Lafleur

Yeah it's pretty easy to tell cows are currently the most hated faction on SW as of now. I could see even lems being more hated than sheep.

It helps that I don't think there are really any true sheep on this board.

Was gonna say, Sheep aren't hated cos they basically have no presence here. It's like when Skyward Sword got a 7.5, there was barely any reaction. Imagine if a Halo or Uncharted/God Of War got 7.5? The place would go mental!
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Cheleman

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

very true:lol::P

it's not our fault sony gives us the best consoles and games:P

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 rjdofu
[QUOTE="locopatho"]I like Nintendo's inventiveness, cartoony joyfulness and super high polish. I dislike their relative lack of new major IPs and backwards ass tech/design decisions. I like Sony's variety, great story based single player games, and willingness to make both sequels and new IPs, including funding very different unique games like Heavy Rain, Little Big Planet and Journey. I dislike their over abundance of meh shooters like Killzone, Resistance, MAG, Socom, War/Starhawk, and also wish their online modes were as good as Xbox Live. Both are fantastic, gaming would be far poorer without either of them!

This sounds fair. I agree with everything you said. Nintendo should take risk a bit more. I admit there'sre some new IPs this gen, but most of them are not remarkable, and Nintendo always go back to their comfort zone. Though i'm fine with PSN (it's free), the service can certainly be improved if Sony can make better decision next gen (drop all the bullcrap & make a more friendly console for developers).
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

Just make a thread about which faction is the worst then you will see what i meant. Nah you don't even need to, there're too many threads about it and the majority of SW users state cows are the worst. You can close your eyes or whatever you want, that's just how it is.

On the other hand, Nintendo got the most vote for the best game company (or something similar) in one of Charizard's old threads. I doubt many people who voted Nintendo in that thread hate sheep. Don't quite understand your last part though.

First part, touche.

Second part, that best company poll smelled of fish to me, based on other reactions towards Ninty.

Third part, there have been several cannibal sheep threads.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 rjdofu

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]Victim playing? Just noticing what I see.

nintendoboy16

Just make a thread about which faction is the worst then you will see what i meant. Nah you don't even need to, there're too many threads about it and the majority of SW users state cows are the worst. You can close your eyes or whatever you want, that's just how it is.

On the other hand, Nintendo got the most vote for the best game company (or something similar) in one of Charizard's old threads. I doubt many people who voted Nintendo in that thread hate sheep. Don't quite understand your last part though.

First part, touche.

Second part, that best company poll smelled of fish to me, based on other reactions towards Ninty.

Third part, there have been several cannibal sheep threads.

Well, cannibal sheep just mean that some of them are capable of critical thinking, which is always a plus in my book :). Blind fanboyism is the worst of all. The best company thread was free choice vote (no polls), and Nintendo still came out on top with pretty large margin, I think it's believable.
Inferi-Fang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Inferi-Fang
Member since 2012 • 78 Posts
I'd say Nintendo, but sony has some good ones like Gow, Ratchet and Clank, and Sly cooper.
Inferi-Fang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Inferi-Fang
Member since 2012 • 78 Posts
I'd say Nintendo, but sony has some good ones like Gow, Ratchet and Clank, and Sly cooper.
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
[QUOTE="locopatho"]I like Nintendo's inventiveness, cartoony joyfulness and super high polish. I dislike their relative lack of new major IPs and backwards ass tech/design decisions. I like Sony's variety, great story based single player games, and willingness to make both sequels and new IPs, including funding very different unique games like Heavy Rain, Little Big Planet and Journey. I dislike their over abundance of meh shooters like Killzone, Resistance, MAG, Socom, War/Starhawk, and also wish their online modes were as good as Xbox Live. Both are fantastic, gaming would be far poorer without either of them!

This is a good comparison. Only thing i disagree with is socom being a meh shooter. Resistance has been sometimes but socom is a fav of mine with real world style seal missions.
rockydog1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#85 rockydog1111
Member since 2006 • 2079 Posts

I love them both, but I like the direction Sony has taken with the more adult themed games this gen, while still giving us R&C, Sly, and now PSASBR. I kinda feel like Nintendo leans on Mario and Zelda a bit too much and that those 2 games haven't changed much since they entered the 3D era. Yeah Galaxy was really different and a great game by all means (look at my score for it), but you are still fighting the exact same enemies, and killing them in the exact same manner that we have been doing since the NES. Games like Infamous, Uncharted, Warhawk, Starhawk, Killzone, and GoW have suited me better this gen.

Also why are we excluding the greatness of the MS first and second party? Games like Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Halo Series, Forza series, Kameo, Viva Pinata series, and Perfect Dark Zero shouldn't be overlooked so easily.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#86 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Nintendo, and it's not even a hard decision.

PopeReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 PopeReal
Member since 2005 • 1303 Posts

Personal taste? For me Nintendo. Quality? I would say Sony is right up there with Nintendo. Not quite at the big N level but close.

ShyGai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 ShyGai
Member since 2012 • 90 Posts

Overall, Nintendo's first party dominates Sony's.

This Gen, Sony has them beat.

rockydog1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#89 rockydog1111
Member since 2006 • 2079 Posts

Overall, Nintendo's first party dominates Sony's.

This Gen, Sony has them beat.

ShyGai
Nintendo also has 2 gens on Sony.
jeffster85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 jeffster85
Member since 2010 • 2286 Posts
depends on my mood. if i'm looking for something more lighthearted, then Ninty's. If i want something more serious, then Sony.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#91 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

I like both, why does everything on here have to be one or the other? Though I will say that this gen I have had a better time with Sony exclusives than Nintendo exclusives. This is mainly due to Uncharted which is one of my favorite games of all time.

But both are great though.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#92 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts
Sony has the best an will always be the best. SDC LSHWHBO Thank you sony
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#93 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I like both Companies first party support that is the main reason I have every Nintendo and Sony home console.

If I had to choose between the two it would be Nintendo.

Sony is getting better about first party support but still isn't near the quality of Nintendo's First Party titles.

guard12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#94 guard12
Member since 2004 • 2018 Posts

I love Sony but, i have to say that Nintendo will always have the best first party. They have survived this long in a uphill battle against Sony and Microsoft due to that strong first party software. I don't see Nintendo pulling a Sega any time soon either all due to there fan support and strong first party.

DarthClark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 DarthClark
Member since 2012 • 458 Posts
Nintendo takes a smelly poop on Sony all day every day.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#96 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
depends on my mood. if i'm looking for something more lighthearted, then Ninty's. If i want something more serious, then Sony.jeffster85
Good way to put it for me.
Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

Well I grew up with Nintendo and because of that, I have to say Sony. I say Sony because I am bored with Nintendo's games. I am bored to death with Mario. I have yet to play a Zelda game that I liked and I own 5 for my Gamecube. Metroid isn't too bad, but that's just one series. Mario Kart is fun, but let's face it. If you have played one Mario Kart, you have played them all. Pokemon is the same way. Maybe if I hadn't grown up with Nintendo, I would think of their old IPs as fresh and new like today's kids do.AmazonTreeBoa

The way your sentences are structured makes me feel like your actually 12.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#99 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
I tried to like Nintendo's first party this gen, just didn't happen. My memories and nostalgia from years gone by was dashed. PS3 on the other hand delivered a most compelling experience across the board.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#100 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

nintendoboy16

For the time I've been here, cows always seemed to be the most hated... (and with good reasons to be, I must say it)