Sony first party devs pretty much own the industry.

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Nintendo's first party party is the best. It sets the trends, and pretty much establishes the standards for the entire industry to follow. SW__Troll

I wouldn't go that far.

They certainly didn't set the trend for FPS games, RTS games, TBS games, Survival Horror, Simulators, Adventure,City Builders, RPGs, hack n slash, etc etc you see where I'm going with this.

Platformers, and action-adventure? Yeah, they helped a crap load especially with platformers.

The trendsetting I was talking about was more in terms of gameplay mechanisms (Z targetting, 3D camera control, saving your game etc), but yes, I won't argue that every genre was broken into by them, that would be foolish. However, whenever Nintendo has made a game in any genre (and I think it has made a game in each of them now), the game has usually been top notch.
SW__Troll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 SW__Troll
Member since 2011 • 1687 Posts

[QUOTE="SW__Troll"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Nintendo's first party party is the best. It sets the trends, and pretty much establishes the standards for the entire industry to follow. charizard1605

I wouldn't go that far.

They certainly didn't set the trend for FPS games, RTS games, TBS games, Survival Horror, Simulators, Adventure,City Builders, RPGs, hack n slash, etc etc you see where I'm going with this.

Platformers, and action-adventure? Yeah, they helped a crap load especially with platformers.

The trendsetting I was talking about was more in terms of gameplay mechanisms (Z targetting, 3D camera control, saving your game etc), but yes, I won't argue that every genre was broken into by them, that would be foolish. However, whenever Nintendo has made a game in any genre (and I think it has made a game in each of them now), the game has usually been top notch.

No doubt.

I particularly think Nintendo is about the only competent RPG dev in Japan. I've yet to see an RPG from Nintendo that sucked, and while other devs in Japan make good JRPGs every so often a lot of them suck.

Same goes for TBS. Famicom/Advance Wars, and Fire Emblem beat out practically any other game of the genre coming from Japan. I personally think the west is far far better at them than Nintendo though. Games like Civilization basically created the phrase "just one more turn".

But regardless Nintendo's games always have that spark that just makes you glad you're playing it.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="SW__Troll"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Nintendo's first party party is the best. It sets the trends, and pretty much establishes the standards for the entire industry to follow. charizard1605

I wouldn't go that far.

I'm thinking that the only Genre Nintendo hasn't made a game in is MMO.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#54 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
i typed the title on google, it said "did you mean: Nintendo first party devs pretty much own the industry."
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#55 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
nintendo is still a fair margin better.
soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
Not really, my favourite exclusives on the PS3 aren't even made by Sony :P
SW__Troll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 SW__Troll
Member since 2011 • 1687 Posts

Not really, my favourite exclusives on the PS3 aren't even made by Sony :Psoulitane

I haven't been a fan of them pretty much entirely this generation. They just aren't doing anything for me.

I would definitely agree the exclusives coming from 3rd party devs are definitely the best on the system.

zeldisco2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 zeldisco2009
Member since 2009 • 554 Posts

i typed the title on google, it said "did you mean: Nintendo first party devs pretty much own the industry."BrunoBRS

ROFL