SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45105 Posts

https://www.gamesradar.com/ps5-will-outsell-the-ps4-launch-with-over-7-million-sales-by-april-jim-ryan-says/

Sorry if old, but didn't see any mention of this.

Sony expects PS5 to outsell PS4 in its first four months, which will be no small feat given the previous console moved 7 million units in that time.

Sony Interactive Entertainment head Jim Ryan shared the expectation in an interview with Korean news site Naver, as translated by Eurogamer: "We think the PS5 will sell more in its first fiscal year than [we] sold in the first fiscal year at the time of PS4 launch," Ryan said.

For reference, Sony's fiscal year ends on March 31. Since PS5 is launching first on November 12, 2020, it will have about the same total length of time to make those sales as PS4, which first launched on November 15, 2013. PS5 will have a slight advantage in terms of market availability: while PS4 took several months to roll out internationally, the PS5 launch is planned for major regions across just two weeks.

Granted, PS4 didn't launch in the middle of a historical pandemic that's depressing economies and probably making people reconsider lining up overnight for a new game console. But Ryan was still confident about how the console will do in its early months. He also discussed why Sony has bumped up the price range for how much PS5 games cost.

"It is difficult to talk about the overall game market or other game consoles, but I think the value is obvious in the case of the PS5," Ryan said. "We'll excite fans around the world with the best exclusive games on the market today and deliver a truly next-generation device experience that will captivate them."

What do you think, SW? Can PS5 outsell the PS4 launch? I don't see why not. I think the pandemic has actually had a positive effect on the gaming industry. Gaming sales have gone up. And I think there is a lot of hype for next gen consoles, especially PS5 😉

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

Don't know about by 7 million but I think they will the hype around the PS5 is pretty crazy.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: they aren't predicting "by 7 million". They are predicting it will sell more than 7 million

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45105 Posts

@xantufrog said:

@SolidGame_basic: they aren't predicting "by 7 million". They are predicting it will sell more than 7 million

lol, thanks. updated the OP.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Sony please, Bloodborne 2.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11088 Posts

I believe it. First to ten million systems wins!

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin:

best console,more studios bringing more AAA games wins

its not sony

hah

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

If they make them, they will sell. Lots of reasons for it, but I don't see much negative press against Sony outside of here.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@bluestars said:

@BenjaminBanklin:

its not sony

hah

The AAA games need to be good though.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

I can see them doing it.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

As long as they're actually that many available, then sure.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Of course. Gaming has only grown since 2013, and yet again, the system has no competition at launch. Everyone interested in owning a console will buy one. The only ones getting the XSX are MS fanboys. There's literally no reason to buy an XSX on day one.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

120+million happy ps4 owners now want a ps5. And want to bring their digital collection with them. It's going to sell well.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

they need to sort their supply chain out. you've probably got more chance of ordering a covid vaccine than a ps5 at the min

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

120+million happy ps4 owners now want a ps5. And want to bring their digital collection with them. It's going to sell well.

Sorry but you don't speak for all of us. Western Sony isn't the Sony we signed up for when we bought PS4.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

@briguyb13: Ok there might be a few disgruntled ps4 owners. Point still stands.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

They said PS5 pre-orders beat PS4... then again they had more pre-orders than they did inventory so it will be interesting to see by how much. Aside from pre-orders I don't know if people in US and Europe want to go crowd in line or do a door buster to get these with Covid infections up-trending again.

It will be interesting to see if we have another scalper situation like PS3 had where after Christmas and New Years there's a flood of returns from unsuccessful scalpers.

Avatar image for gamekillag4life
gamekillag4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gamekillag4life
Member since 2020 • 45 Posts

Joke Wack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@joshrmeyer said:

@briguyb13: Ok there might be a few disgruntled ps4 owners. Point still stands.

More than a few if you view unhappy PS4 community comments in regards to Sony's new censorship policies.

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1454 Posts

Sony is fully committed to the PS5's first year lineup. They plan to release Horizon Forbidden West and God of War: Ragnarok in 2021. This is reminiscent of Nintendo's huge success with the launch of new Zelda and Mario titles in the first year of the Switch.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11088 Posts

@bluestars said:

@BenjaminBanklin:

its not sony

hah

Sony will still have that. What was your excuse for sticking with Xbox before?

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Cows celebrating next gen sales already, well i guess its one of the few things you have left lol.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7201 Posts

I can see them selling a lot at first, but then everyone will notice the amazing Xbox exclusives not coming to Sony and just ship.

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jcafcwbb
Member since 2015 • 670 Posts

@mesome713 said:

I can see them selling a lot at first, but then everyone will notice the amazing Xbox exclusives not coming to Sony and just ship.

There is not one Xbox exclusive named that the average PS owner will care about at the moment. The Elder Scrolls may tempt people across but that seems to be a few years away. People will buy the PS5 for more Spiderman, God of War, FF7R and Horizon because that is what they like.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@briguyb13 said:
@joshrmeyer said:

Sorry but you don't speak for all of us. Western Sony isn't the Sony we signed up for when we bought PS4.

You are not a PS fan stop trying to pass your self as one, it make you look stupid we know on what side you are and what console you cheer for all the time.

From what i see the PS5 may even break PS4 records all sony needs is to have enough units on day 1.

I don't see people leaving the PS any time soon.

@i_p_daily said:

Cows celebrating next gen sales already, well i guess its one of the few things you have left lol.

No we have games, sales features and many more things, but i don't expect you to see them, since you are a PS hater who like what ever crap MS throw at you.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts
@tormentos said:

@i_p_daily said:

No we have games, sales features and many more things, but i don't expect you to see them, since you are a PS hater who like what ever crap MS throw at you.

You know the PS5 is crap when SW biggest cow (you) didn't even pre-order it.

So change that "we" to "they" and stop damage controlling something you're not buying.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2928 Posts

I doubt that the PS5 will exceed PS4 sales. The PS4 had a much easier start due to the clumsy reveal of the xbox one. Back then I was convinced to choose the PS4 over the xbox one, but this time I am not so sure. This time the Microsoft will put up a much stronger fight and some gamers will likely choose xbox over PS5. Especially after Microsoft's acquisition of Zenimax.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

So all that shortage talk was just to drive sales then.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tormentos

@i_p_daily said:

You know the PS5 is crap when SW biggest cow (you) didn't even pre-order it.

So change that "we" to "they" and stop damage controlling something you're not buying.

I didn't preorder one because because unlike you i am not a blind drone, there is little on launch that i would need a PS5 for, even that is has more than what you will find on series X which everything it has will be on PC or xbox one or already IS.

Like Gears tactics and Flight Simulator.

So why would i spend $500 for something i can play now on the hardware i already own? It stupid and redundant, just because you like it that way doesn't mean we all do.

So yeah we have sales, games and features, the fact that i am not getting one because those games will be on PS4 (not all of them) doesn't mean they are not THERE, and you are the least indicated to downplay the PS5 line at least the PS5 has something exclusive which is more than we can say for the redundant series X.

I hope you really enjoy BC because that is about what you will get this holiday.

@pmanden said:

I doubt that the PS5 will exceed PS4 sales. The PS4 had a much easier start due to the clumsy reveal of the xbox one. Back then I was convinced to choose the PS4 over the xbox one, but this time I am not so sure. This time the Microsoft will put up a much stronger fight and some gamers will likely choose xbox over PS5. Especially after Microsoft's acquisition of Zenimax.

Yeah your totally anecdotal experience prove it sony is doom..

@kuu2 said:

So all that shortage talk was just to drive sales then.

Both have shortage and i doubt MS will have nothing to sell this holiday.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By pmanden

@tormentos: This thread is simply about whether the PS5 will outsell the PS4, not about the PS5 being doomed, so why are you suddenly overreacting and talking about doom?

The PS5 will likely perform well, but to me personally, neither the PS5 nor the xsex seems essential at the moment. My PS4 and Xbox One X will do just fine for quite some time.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tormentos

@pmanden said:

@tormentos: This thread is simply about whether the PS5 will outsell the PS4, not about the PS5 being doomed, so why are you suddenly overreacting and talking about doom?

The PS5 will likely perform well, but to me personally, neither the PS5 nor the xsex seems essential at the moment. My PS4 and Xbox One X will do just fine for quite some time.

Thats not the impression one gets from your other post.

At least we agree on that bold part.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

meh who takes anything sony says serious?

compulsive liars

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#33 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

I read this, all of it. It’s pointless nonsense. Who cares? Play a video game

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#34 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69472 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

Obviously you haven't played the sales enhanced version of your games. You don't know what you are missing out on.😂

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tormentos

@cainetao11 said:

For real after years of arguing this bullshit now you will pretend you don't?

Member since 2006 • 37214 Posts

Oh and the other lemming who arrived now..

Member since 2002 • 43312 Posts

Who cares about this? You and certain lemming who enter now the thread, who went to all the trouble of turning your PC on, logging in enter this thread and bitch about what you have done for years and in some cases in topics 100 times more stupid that this.😂😂

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By pmanden

@tormentos: I think you let certain lems in this forum rile you up too easily. Relax man. Everybody knows that PS4 won this gen and has the best exclusives, but don't you think that all those recent acqusitions of game studios by Microsoft will change that situation for next-gen somewhat? Not now, but maybe in two years or so when the games are finally released.

Currently , Horizon is my most anticipated next-gen title, but that alone is not enough to warrant a day one purchase of PS5. If Sony announces Days Gone 2 or Persona 6, however, I won't be able to resist any longer.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 cainetao11

@tormentos: you fail to take into consideration that for years now, I haven’t argued or given a shit. It’s called change. You might want to try it.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cainetao11

@Pedro: 😂

It’s amazing how some people just haven’t outgrown this yet.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

Stupid people with too much time on their hands. 😑

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts

@briguyb13 said:
@joshrmeyer said:

so xbox went eastern more than sony did this gen? so xbox has more jrpg than sony at launch? i don't get what your saying. as appose to what?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tormentos said:

I didn't preorder one because because unlike you i am not a blind drone,

Wait what???? Is that a serious statement? All you've been since 2003 is a Sony drone are you freaking serious? I've said it before and I'll say it again, you don't have to lie to kick it. We already know you shill for Sony 24/7 365 and that hasn't changed in over 15 years.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Gifford38
@pmanden said:

so if xbox got there act together how come it still didn't out sell the ps4?

ps3 out sold the 360 in the end even though it had a year head start and sold much cheaper at launch and had a 10 million head start?

even though the series x is getting more hype than the xbox one it still needs to deliver game wise next gen.

sorry even if they bought zenimax the games are not there yet.

but we know that in 2021 ps5 will have god of war and hzd2.

no one knows when the heavy hitters are coming from xbox yet.

phil made it clear not to expect a series x only game from xbox first party until 2022.

no one can hype xbox other than it being 12 teraflops.

and in 2022 we will see fable or avowed. not saying xbox can't catch up to sony in the end but out of the gate the ps5 has more hype and will out sell the series x at launch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@gifford38 said:
@briguyb13 said:

so xbox went eastern more than sony did this gen? so xbox has more jrpg than sony at launch? i don't get what your saying. as appose to what?

This has nothing to do with Xbox. Stop deflecting. Sony is now Western Sony, and they've alienated all or most of the third party developers out there with needless censoring of content.

Don't tell me I have to like it, but feel free to do what you like.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Gifford38

@briguyb13 said:
@gifford38 said:
@briguyb13 said:

This has nothing to do with Xbox. Stop deflecting. Sony is now Western Sony, and they've alienated all or most of the third party developers out there with needless censoring of content.

so your not upgrading to either xbox or sony? you sticking to switch or nin because there more eastern?

thats what im getting at. he said most ps4 owners are going to stick with sony because they have last gen ps4 disc games. then you said speak for yourself. sony is now a western machines so your getting xbox now because of this like the xbox is more eastern than sony now?

so your mad they sensor little kids wearing a slutty outfits in there games? I don't get why people like anime games just for that reason. I like seeing 14 year olds in skimpy school outfits with underwear shots lol. sorry they can sensor that crap.

now if they censored the witcher 3 then yes people should complain. that game is for adults and show adults bodys not some little 14 year old in a school outfit that are bent over to see there underwear.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Fedor

@gifford38 said:
@briguyb13 said:
@gifford38 said:
@briguyb13 said:

so your not upgrading to either xbox or sony? you sticking to switch or nin because there more eastern?

thats what im getting at. he said most ps4 owners are going to stick with sony because they have last gen ps4 disc games. then you said speak for yourself. sony is now a western machines so your getting xbox now because of this like the xbox is more eastern than sony now?

so your mad they sensor little kids wearing a slutty outfits in there games? I don't get why people like anime games just for that reason. I like seeing 14 year olds in skimpy school outfits with underwear shots lol. sorry they can sensor that crap.

now if they censored the witcher 3 then yes people should complain. that game is for adults and show adults bodys not some little 14 year old in a school outfit that are bent over to see there underwear.

They censored* DMC5. Also, get help.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

lmao

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#47 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69472 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@Pedro: 😂

It’s amazing how some people just haven’t outgrown this yet.

One of those fools is in perpetual flashback mode. It used to be funny now its sad and just a little funny.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Gifford38

@fedor said:
@gifford38 said:
@briguyb13 said:
@gifford38 said:
@briguyb13 said:

They censored* DMC5. Also, get help.

they did ok but still I need help because I don't mind them censoring little girl in a school dress that is bent over to see up there dress? the girls in Japanese games they censor look like 14 years olds do they not?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Fedor

@gifford38: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/85087-list-of-censored-games-ps4-vita/

They censored all types of games, not sure wtf you're on about. Seems like projecting to me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Holy crap... *slowly exits thread*