Sony exclusives- too much TBA?

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

@kvally: even though the Xbox one was mentioned, this thread is about the ps4

TLHBO

Also with regards to the PS4 TBA means To Be Awesome. It doesn't matter when it releases.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

I'd rather have TBD games than no games like MS and the shitty Xbone brand. 10 years of Gears, Halo, Forza repeats got old a long time ago.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

this has already been analyzed and sony was the worst. it's not even a discussion to be had

https://www.finder.com.au/sonys-e3-conference-big-on-hype-bad-on-release-dates

https://www.finder.com.au/62-of-games-from-e3-2015-press-conferences-still-unreleased

"

• Sony is the worst performer, with only one game released from its E3 2015 press conference in that calendar year – a small indie from Devolver Digital called Ronin.
  • Sony also has the worst record for releasing games announced at its conference in the 12-months leading to the next E3, at only 23%"
kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#54 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

Nope. I like to know what games studio are working on.

Sony exclusives with release dates in the near future

The Last Guardian

Gravity Rush 2

Yakuza 0

Kingdom Hearts 2.8

Nioh

Persona 5

Horizon Zero Dawn

NieR Automata (if Xbox fanboys are going to claim games on PC then I will too for the purposes of this topic)

Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5

MLB The Show '17 Ken Griffrey Jr. Edition(thanks Nintendo)

A few more smaller games that I can't recall right now.

Xbox "exclusives" with dates

Dead Flopping 4

Halo Wars 2

Games TBA - Scalebound, Sea Of Thieves, Crackdown 3

Damn seems like Sony has way more games than Microsoft even excluding the game that are far off. Who would have guessed that?

Fixed it for you:

Xbox One

Dead Rising 4

Raiden V

Below

Crackdown 3

Gigantic

Scalebound

Halo Wars 2

State of Decay

Cities Skylines

Students of Round

Sea of Thieves

Tacoma

Forza 7

Ashen

Cuphead

Astroneer

Phantom Dust

Your list of multiplatform games, The Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Nioh, Persona 5, Horizon Zero Dawn, NieR Automata, MLB are also a solid list of games. I will be getting 4 of those for sure.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@flyincloud1116 said:
@jcrame10 said:

HAHAHAHA! Good one!

lol

seriously tho xbox one "exclusives", true exclusives, only sunset overdrive and halo 5

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 jcrame10

@dakur said:
@jcrame10 said:

TLHBO

Also with regards to the PS4 TBA means To Be Awesome. It doesn't matter when it releases.

not sure if trolling or not but TBA here, at least, means to be announced, as in release dates to be announced

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 darkangel115

@jcrame10 said:
@nathanbats said:

@jcrame10:

"Its sad to say that horizon zero dawn is the only game with a confirmed release date"

Wrong.

TLG

Gravity rush 2

Nioh

Kingdom hearts 1.5 and 2.5

Yakuza 0

MLB the show 17

Kingdom hearts 2.8

10 year development- finally has a release date

good

good

remaster

also on ps3

good

remaster

so technically 4 coming in the next 5 months. not bad but still took awhile on those release dates.

this was an interesting experiment- i cant decide who is worse at this point, nintendo fanboys or ps4 fanboys.

Just a PSA Gears Ultimate Edition and Rare Replay were thrown in there for the sake of the release date argument. Both were announced in E3 2015 and released 3 months later.

NiOh is also a 10 year development game. it was announced as a PS3 launch window game

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 jcrame10

@darkangel115 said:
@jcrame10 said:
@nathanbats said:

@jcrame10:

"Its sad to say that horizon zero dawn is the only game with a confirmed release date"

Wrong.

TLG

Gravity rush 2

Nioh

Yakuza 0

MLB the show 17

Kingdom hearts 2.8

good

good

remaster

also on ps3

good

remaster

so technically 4 coming in the next 5 months. not bad but still took awhile on those release dates.

this was an interesting experiment- i cant decide who is worse at this point, nintendo fanboys or ps4 fanboys.

Just a PSA Gears Ultimate Edition and Rare Replay were thrown in there for the sake of the release date argument. Both were announced in E3 2015 and released 3 months later.

NiOh is also a 10 year development game. it was announced as a PS3 launch window game

ah well my mistake. I dont know anything about that game and i figured it wasnt very popular or relevant, but didnt wanna hurt the guys feelings.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 kvally

@jcrame10 said:
@flyincloud1116 said:
@jcrame10 said:

HAHAHAHA! Good one!

lol

seriously tho xbox one "exclusives", true exclusives, only sunset overdrive and halo 5

True, and the PS has zero. But it's all good.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23734 Posts

It's an industry wide problem in general. Ideally, games should always come out within 6 months to 1 year after being announced. That's a sufficient amount of time to get the word out and get the hype going leading up to launch. Just wait until the game is in the later stages of development before blowing your load to the world, would be cool.

Sony just happens to do it a lot, not only with their 1st party stuff, but also with the 3rd parties they get in bed with. But just about every major pub in this industry has a few examples of this under their belt.

Moving forward I'll no longer be an early adopter for Sony consoles. Seems like 3 to 4 years into a Sony consoles life span is the sweet spot.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@dynamitecop said:
@gago-gago said:

And even when Sony makes up release dates for their games, that still isn't a guarantee they will release on the said dates. They are notorious for delays, hence the name DelayStation that their reputation and history have created. TLG was a freaking PS3 game, so it's pure comedy TLG now has a release date but for the PS4 lol.

I'd debate that The Last Guardian was actually a PlayStation 2 game that got its development shifted to PS3, and now PS4...

Just the way the game is designed and looks tells me it was a PS2 game.

The Last Guardian does indeed look like shit but it's a PS4 game it won't be released for any other platform. What it looks like doesn't matter I mean, Halo 5 looks like an Xbox 360 game but it did alright.

nathanbats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#62 nathanbats
Member since 2016 • 1057 Posts

@jcrame10:

Yes,TLG and nioh are ten year development games but that doesn't the fact that they have a confirmed release date...

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 darkangel115

@ConanTheStoner said:

It's an industry wide problem in general. Ideally, games should always come out within 6 months to 1 year after being announced. That's a sufficient amount of time to get the word out and get the hype going leading up to launch. Just wait until the game is in the later stages of development before blowing your load to the world, would be cool.

Sony just happens to do it a lot, not only with their 1st party stuff, but also with the 3rd parties they get in bed with. But just about every major pub in this industry has a few examples of this under their belt.

Moving forward I'll no longer be an early adopter for Sony consoles. Seems like 3 to 4 years into a Sony consoles life span is the sweet spot.

actually I'd say within 12 months. and here is the reason

E3 is the biggest event for announcing games. it's done in June. Ideally it would show off all games coming during the 2016 year with a majority in holiday season (oct to dec) which is 4-6 months. most games don't release during the summer which is basically june, july and august. Those months are usually slow and is useful for releasing indie games and smaller games companies take a chance on. The next big release period is March-May or "spring" as Jan and Feb are usually light months. 90% of big games release in October, November, December, March, April, May or half the months. the other half are slow. by the time E3 rolls around again, should be able to show new games

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 jcrame10

@kvally: ps4 pro is still ps4. Ps4 = ps4 pro

Xbox one and PC sharing games is not the same thing

PC has been considered it's own platform for decades you can't just suddenly decide it's not cuz 6 months ago Microsoft decided to put every single one of their games on both platforms

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@kvally said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

Nope. I like to know what games studio are working on.

Sony exclusives with release dates in the near future

The Last Guardian

Gravity Rush 2

Yakuza 0

Kingdom Hearts 2.8

Nioh

Persona 5

Horizon Zero Dawn

NieR Automata (if Xbox fanboys are going to claim games on PC then I will too for the purposes of this topic)

Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5

MLB The Show '17 Ken Griffrey Jr. Edition(thanks Nintendo)

A few more smaller games that I can't recall right now.

Xbox "exclusives" with dates

Dead Flopping 4

Halo Wars 2

Games TBA - Scalebound, Sea Of Thieves, Crackdown 3

Damn seems like Sony has way more games than Microsoft even excluding the game that are far off. Who would have guessed that?

Fixed it for you:

Xbox One

Dead Rising 4

Raiden V

Below

Crackdown 3

Gigantic

Scalebound

Halo Wars 2

State of Decay

Cities Skylines

Students of Round

Sea of Thieves

Tacoma

Forza 7

Ashen

Cuphead

Astroneer

Phantom Dust

Your list of multiplatform games, The Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Nioh, Persona 5, Horizon Zero Dawn, NieR Automata, MLB are also a solid list of games. I will be getting 4 of those for sure.

And people call PS4 the indie station? Phantom Dust reboot is dead as a doorknob so not sure why that is on your list. And none of those are exclusives.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By StrongBlackVine

@dynamitecop: I'm doing same thing I see Xbox fanboys do Sony regarding exclusives. Sony had Street Fighter V, Uncharted 4, MLB The Show 16, No Man's Sky(yeah I know the deal with this) and Ratchet & Clank early this year and The Last Guardian in December yet Sony gets slammed again for not releasing big games during the holiday season. Now Sony is about to have another rush of exclusives early next year while Xbox won't have much at all including multiplats outside of Resident Evil and For Honor. I don't see the "no games" meme thrown around as much as it used to, but still enough to be annoying. If Xbox fanboys would stop the drama about who has games you wouldn't see lists like that tend to hurt feelings! It is FACT that PS4 gets more new games than Xbox One. Whether you like or are interested in those games is immaterial to the point. Just like it is a fact that all Xbox games being on PC now diminishes the value of the Xbox platform.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 kvally

@StrongBlackVine: wow any more excuses you got?? BTW Phantom is still coming but it's a remaster.

And they are all exclusive if yours are all exclusive.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 kvally

@jcrame10: you are wrong.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By StrongBlackVine

@kvally: When is it coming? Last I heard Microsoft caused the studio that was given the project to shut down because they were too cheap to fund it properly. Who is working on it now?

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@nathanbats said:

@jcrame10:

Yes,TLG and nioh are ten year development games but that doesn't the fact that they have a confirmed release date...

Well you see the topic and the OP that clearly says "ONLY HORIZON ZERO DAWN HAS A CONFIRMED RELEASE DATE..." But since the TC is a idiot who didn't do his homework and made this thread based on what he want's to believe instead of the facts...

IT'S GOAL POST MOVING TIME!

now, somehow when the TC got called out for making a false statement, the topic shifted from "Sony exclusives- too much TBA?" to "Oh well if a game/s have a long development cycle, their release date doesn't count!"

LEM LOGIC and BACKFIRE topic in full effect.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 kvally

@StrongBlackVine:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-14-phantom-dust-is-getting-a-remaster-next-year

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 StrongBlackVine

@kvally said:

@StrongBlackVine:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-14-phantom-dust-is-getting-a-remaster-next-year

Eh it's something. I definitely had it confused with the remake.

Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Blazed
Member since 2005 • 2947 Posts

@jcrame10 said:
@nathanbats said:

@jcrame10:

Wrong.

TLG

Gravity rush 2

Nioh

Yakuza 0

MLB the show 17

Kingdom hearts 2.8

good

good

remaster

also on ps3 - You mean like Rise of the Tomb Raider? Do we also not include it as a game based on your agenda.

good

remaster - Incorrect

So technically 8 coming in the next 5 months when you include Persona 5 and Nier Autamata. Only one is a remaster wich I didn't include.

kadaverhagga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#74  Edited By kadaverhagga
Member since 2007 • 992 Posts

@jcrame10: I know you posted this a few months ago but looking at it now, even if Sony is vague about release dates, look at what has come out so far during those months and the quality and variety of them, and look at the xbox one. Historically sony has released a few games over the years while less so on the xbox side wich dumps everything they have at once in oct-dec then runs more or less dry until next oct-dec. So even if they don't often say when, and some times even come late, they do come at a steady pace over the year.