Sony destroys its biggest franchise; Gran Turismo 6 sells 2 million copies (lol)

• 197 results
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#151 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Aside from technical graphics and physics, the series hasn't evolved since GT3.

Which is a damn shame, since that was a goddamn amazing game.

xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:
@davillain- said:
@cinematicgalore said:

So nothing is bigger than Halo on the PlayStation side it seems.

Poor Sony, in the gaming industry for two gens longer than Microsoft yet don't have anything bigger than a game that launched on the OG Xbox. Like they say, it was over when Microsoft entered the console market. Sony is just picking up scraps, typically.

The Last of Us, Uncharted, and now Bloodborne are the biggest PlayStation exclusive games and the fact that TLOU has won over 200 awards, has Halo ever won anything? [Not counting CE]

Awards mean shit

The only thing that matters are sales

are you dumb? you must think call of dutys are the greatest games of all time

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#153 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@cinematicgalore said:
@SolidTy said:

It hasn't been updated for GT6 either. It's not that I care either way, but I do care about accuracy and truth.

So you made that statement up?

You should stick to the facts and not post misleading information as fact.

Why have you been such a cow as of late?

Of late? Thanks for just admitting to being some moron's alt, as if there was ever any doubt.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#154 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

Long live Forza Motor Sports! Hail to the king baby! Thank you MS, thank you for giving us the best racing sim franchise for consoles and it's only for the greatest console, the Xbox One!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#155 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Dire_Weasel said:
@cinematicgalore said:
@SolidTy said:

It hasn't been updated for GT6 either. It's not that I care either way, but I do care about accuracy and truth.

So you made that statement up?

You should stick to the facts and not post misleading information as fact.

Why have you been such as of late?

Of late? Thanks for just admitting to being some moron's alt, as if there was ever any doubt.

And....

Just like that *poof* he's banned.

It's a bummer he didn't even tell us who he really was before being banned from Gamespot.com forever.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#156 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Aside from technical graphics and physics, the series hasn't evolved since GT3.

Which is a damn shame, since that was a goddamn amazing game.

mhmm. GT4 was still pretty amazing, but after that it was all downhill.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#157 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@GrenadeLauncher said:

Lel, all these lems in my feed insisting Furtzuh is worth anything. Keep trying, lads. :3

You still salty about Forza being the best racing games this gen huh? lol!! Poor trolling Cow. No need to try. Pretty much a fact at this point.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Late ps3 title which came out around the ps4 launch--where many were under the assumption that gt6 might actually release, as well. Sales weren't expected to be as high, I don't think.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@tormentos said:

@delta3074 said:

@charizard1605 9.41 million is what Halo 4 sold on the 360.

TLOU sold 7 million on Ps3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games

As far as franchises go Halo Dwarfs TLOU in video game sales alone without all the other merchandising attached to the franchise.

The truth is that SONY has not had a franchise as big as Halo Since Halo came into existence, i have never seen a SONY franchise with so much merchandise attached to it, Comic books, books , Toys and as far as i am aware no SONY franchise has been immortalized in Lego.

so the guys technically right, SONY doesn't have anything as big as Halo.

That 7 million was as of July 2014 when the game turn 1 year old,those Halo 4 sales are as of now,and Halo 4 came in 2012 TLOU in 2013,so Halo 4 has more time of sales,since you are not comparing sales on PS3 until now,that 7 million was on july 2014 so i am sure they should have sold some more.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/the-last-of-us-sales-pass-7-million-with-new-dlc-coming

Not bad considering the first Halo didn't sold 9 million or 10,but 8 million.

They have now unless you want to pretend 8 million is small,and that is without adding the PS4 sales.

Halo MCC didn't do all that great either as numbers are unknown,and is not surprising since it only charted on November 2014 in spot 10 and never charted again.

Halo is old and tire by now.

I never said the last of us sales where not impressive mate, they are for a new franchise but as far as franchises are Concerned it's got a hell of a way to go to match Halo's 14 year head start.

the thing about Halo though is i don't consider it a games franchise anymore, it's now a franchise that just happens to include games, like TMNT or something like that, Comic books, Action figures, Books, Lego, packets of crisps, drinks even bloody playing cards and model kits.

It's a bit much if you ask me and it's going the way star wars movies did, the more popular and mainstream they became the worse they got.

Episode 1,2 and 3-WTF was that all about?

I'm personally not a huge fan of Halo anymore because it's too much 'masterchief' i wanted them to expand the universe with different spartans on different planets like Reach.

that and the fact that i am not confident that 343 are up to the job, Halo 4 was an awesome game but extremely linear compared to games before it.

trollhunter2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#160 trollhunter2
Member since 2012 • 2054 Posts

shouldnt have launched close to the ps4 release. Its sony stupid marketing and release date placement :( I mean look at poor Tearaway

Avatar image for Darkhorse-Gamer
Darkhorse-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Darkhorse-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 277 Posts

@davillain- said:

Well damn, it didn't take too long for OP to get banned.

Really?

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#162 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

Are they working on the 7th game?

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#163 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

The only reason GT6 didn't sell is because Sony didn't market it at all. There was no commercials or advertising. It just showed up in stores one day.

Most Gran Turismo fans had no idea a new game came out because Sony didn't tell them.

I remember the massive hype campaign for GT4. It was even promoted on "The apprentice". I remember the hype train for GT5.

Sony did nothing for GT6 and it shows. If they wanted 10 million sales they should have made a damn commercial for it.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

whoever decided to release it for the PS3 should have their head examined.

as soon as GT5 was done they should be been working on a PS4 version and treat GT6 as a platform for releasing DLC (more tracks and cars n such like) to keep the revenue ticking over.

GT5 was reelased in 2010 which would have left a good deal of time to get a a very solid foundation built for GT6 on the PS4 at or close to launch.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@xxgunslingerxx said:
@Jaysonguy said:
@davillain- said:
@cinematicgalore said:

Poor Sony, in the gaming industry for two gens longer than Microsoft yet don't have anything bigger than a game that launched on the OG Xbox. Like they say, it was over when Microsoft entered the console market. Sony is just picking up scraps, typically.

The Last of Us, Uncharted, and now Bloodborne are the biggest PlayStation exclusive games and the fact that TLOU has won over 200 awards, has Halo ever won anything? [Not counting CE]

Awards mean shit

Sales mean a hell of a lot more than meaningless awards. The CoD franchise is one of the greatest of all time if only for the massive impact it has had on the industry. He has a point. Sony has been trying for decades and still don't have their Mario or Halo.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#166 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

should have put it on the ps4 as well

this gen is all about the remasters anyways

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#167 tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

@Syn_Valence said:

I swear you lemmings are just getting worse everyday. Go play in your cloud.

which has resulted in incredible AI on forza... wake me up when GT does AI better...

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#168 tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

@k--m--k said:

Are they working on the 7th game?

they are.. and they are including standard cars in the game

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#169 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@RR360DD said:

mhmm. GT4 was still pretty amazing, but after that it was all downhill.

GT4 was GT3 with more cars, more tracks and more stuff to do... but essentially the same exact game.

Then GT5 hit and destroyed the high standards that GT3 created and GT4 continued. That inconsistency between the Premium and Standard models was just downright disgusting. Had the game just been the Premiums, I would have been much more happy with it.

Even the Standard models didn't have consistency.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

there is only so many times you can sell people junk before they wise up.

gt has not been worth playing for what now?

at least 10 years?

ok i looked it up. gt3 was 2001.

holy crap, gt has now been a terrible franchise almost 3 times longer than it has been a good franchise.

good 1997-2001.

crap 2005- 2015.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

^ ^ this thread proves lems are the dumbest fanboys out there. The banned OP's source has since been updated and the numbers are old VGchartz numbers from 2014 and have been proven false yet lems continue to steam in here and proclaim the death of GT lol....SMH.

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

I refused to buy it because of the microtransactions.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#173  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@quadknight said:

^ ^ this thread proves lems are the dumbest fanboys out there. The banned OP's source has since been updated and the numbers are old VGchartz numbers from 2014 and have been proven false yet lems continue to steam in here and proclaim the death of GT lol....SMH.

The GT franchise is not dead, but the amount GT6 sold compared to other GT games is a bit worrying(3+ million from what I heard compared to 9+ million for the other GT games). If the next GT game fails to sell anywhere near the other previous GT games that is when it's better to comment on the franchise's decline.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@super600: the other GT games didn't sell 10 million in less than 2 years so I don't know what you're talking about. It's not in trouble at all. GT is a slow burner, always has been. GT games sell their high numbers over a long number of years. If anything the next GT game is gonna be a spectacular success seeing how well PS4 is doing in Europe and how there's a lack of racing games on PS4 other than Driveclub and Project Cars.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#175 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

GT6 was too soon after GT5. They should have held 6 for the ps4.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

Considering that it came out for PS3 at the end of its life cycle this seems like a nothing statistic to me. If it were a PS4 game and sold like that then that would be a different story.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Wickerman777
@RossRichard said:

I refused to buy it because of the microtransactions.

Oh, they went that route? Well, that's certainly a good reason to avoid it. I wish death or at the very least considerable pain on any franchise/company that elects to dwell in that sewer.

caryslan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 caryslan2
Member since 2005 • 2486 Posts

@mems_1224 said:
@xxgunslingerxx said:
@Jaysonguy said:
@davillain- said:
@cinematicgalore said:

Awards mean shit

Sales mean a hell of a lot more than meaningless awards. The CoD franchise is one of the greatest of all time if only for the massive impact it has had on the industry. He has a point. Sony has been trying for decades and still don't have their Mario or Halo.

At this point, can we just admit that Sony is the only one that does not need a Mario or Halo to sell their systems?

Think about this, Nintendo is the owner of some of the most iconic IPs in the history of gaming and what many people consider the best first-party even to this day.

Microsoft has the Halo franchise, which has expanded far beyond games.

Look at the sales of the Xbox One and Wii U. Not only are they lagging behind the PS4, the numbers are nowhere close. Look at the PS2 and how it dominated the Xbox and Gamecube.

People seem to be forgetting one thing, Halo may be the bigger seller then anything Sony has, but Sony has the more diverse first-party lineup with more games, many of which are million sellers.

Only Nintendo surpasses Sony in that regard. Microsoft has to depend on Halo and Forza to carry them, because they have managed to kill every other first-party IP that they had and have closed down countless first-party developers that worked under them.

But you said it yourself, sales mean a hell of a lot more. And at the end of the day, the PS4 is smoking the Xbox One and Wii U in sales, despite not having a "mascot" for their system like Nintendo and Microsoft do.

So yeah, good for Nintendo and Microsoft that they can sell millions of copies of Mario and Halo each entry. That's a good thing, but its not moving hardware the way Sony can.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@caryslan2 said:
@mems_1224 said:
@xxgunslingerxx said:
@Jaysonguy said:
@davillain- said:

Awards mean shit

At this point, can we just admit that Sony is the only one that does not need a Mario or Halo to sell their systems?

Think about this, Nintendo is the owner of some of the most iconic IPs in the history of gaming and what many people consider the best first-party even to this day.

Look at the sales of the Xbox One and Wii U. Not only are they lagging behind the PS4, the numbers are nowhere close. Look at the PS2 and how it dominated the Xbox and Gamecube.

People seem to be forgetting one thing, Halo may be the bigger seller then anything Sony has, but Sony has the more diverse first-party lineup with more games, many of which are million sellers.

Only Nintendo surpasses Sony in that regard. Microsoft has to depend on Halo and Forza to carry them, because they have managed to kill every other first-party IP that they had and have closed down countless first-party developers that worked under them.

But you said it yourself, sales mean a hell of a lot more. And at the end of the day, the PS4 is smoking the Xbox One and Wii U in sales, despite not having a "mascot" for their system like Nintendo and Microsoft do.

So yeah, good for Nintendo and Microsoft that they can sell millions of copies of Mario and Halo each entry. That's a good thing, but its not moving hardware the way Sony can.

sony has always done a good job of reaching the casual market, especially in japan and europe. thats one advantage MS will never have. Nintendo seems content to just compete with itself since the n64. they dont seem too concerned with what MS and Sony are doing.

sony having a more diverse first party lineup is debatable and definitely not true so far this gen. what do they have? sony has a bigger first party developer stable but when most of it is crap who cares?

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

That's pretty terrible. Then again, they didn't put much of a push out for it either. I'm a fan of the series and keep up pretty well with gaming news and I had no idea it was coming until right before launch.

I passed. One GT per gen is plenty, kind of like sports games.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#181 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@cinematicgalore: Quantity<Quality

There's a big difference

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#182 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Wait...so if TC used VG Chats....and old VG Charts at that....why is this thread not locked yet?

I only skimmed this thread....but the VGCharts thing made to be a big thing....so....

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 SolidTy

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Wait...so if TC used VG Chats....and old VG Charts at that....why is this thread not locked yet?

I only skimmed this thread....but the VGCharts thing made to be a big thing....so....

Yep.

The TC was banned. The OP was proven outdated and the sketchy source even retracted the information. At this point judging from the comments people are posting as if the source is accurate and people are continually being mislead.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Wickerman777

@caryslan2 said:
@mems_1224 said:
@xxgunslingerxx said:
@Jaysonguy said:
@davillain- said:

Awards mean shit

MS has this problem where they abandon something if it doesn't sell a kzillion copies. Several hundred thousand copies sold or even a million seems to be viewed as a failure by them and they throw it in the trash. So it's mega-sellers that they stick with and not much else. I've always thought that's a mistake. Imo so long as a franchise doesn't lose you money and it's getting good critical reception then it's a good investment for your platform. In other words that particular title may not be strengthening your wallet but it is strengthening the reputation/depth of your console. There can only be so many Call of Duty, Halo, Grand Theft Auto sorts of successes. Sony's first party efforts, while maybe not featuring anything as big as Halo, is far more diverse and collectively it helps the popularity of their brand.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

@Wickerman777 said:
@caryslan2 said:
@mems_1224 said:
@xxgunslingerxx said:
@Jaysonguy said:

Awards mean shit

MS has this problem where they abandon something if it doesn't sell a kzillion copies. Several hundred thousand copies sold or even a million seems to be viewed as a failure by them and they throw it in the trash. So it's mega-sellers that they stick with and not much else. I've always thought that's a mistake. Imo so long as a franchise doesn't lose you money and it's getting good critical reception then it's a good investment for your platform. In other words that particular title may not be strengthening your wallet but it is strengthening the reputation/depth of your console. There can only be so many Call of Duty, Halo, Grand Theft Auto sorts of successes. Sony's first party efforts, while maybe not featuring anything as big as Halo, is far more diverse and collectively it helps the popularity of their brand.

Like Kinect. In 2009 MS did the unthinkable, they dropped core to go upwards of 60% casual to chase the Wii's pot of gold. Now fast Forward to 2015 and they have essentially dropped Kinect.

This is good for gaming but proves your point.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Wickerman777

@Heil68 said:
@Wickerman777 said:
@caryslan2 said:
@mems_1224 said:

Like Kinect. In 2009 MS did the unthinkable, they dropped core to go upwards of 60% casual to chase the Wii's pot of gold. Now fast Forward to 2015 and they have essentially dropped Kinect.

This is good for gaming but proves your point.

Well, Nintendo was taking over the gaming world with that shit so I can't blame MS for getting onboard. But what is silly is the way Mattrick remained fascinated with Kinect after it was already clear that bubble had burst. That guy set back the Xbox brand years and MS will probably have to wait for next gen to get a legitimate shot at bouncing back from him.

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

GT6 lol, the franchise is dead

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#188 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@Scipio8 said:

GT6 lol, the franchise is dead

There's actually a discussion going on here, so move along with your drive-by dipshittery, thanks.

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

@Dire_Weasel: LOL

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@cinematicgalore said:

A BROKEN COLLECTION OF OLD GAMES SOLD MORE THAN A FULLY FLEDGED SEQUEL OF SONY'S BIGGEST FRANCHISE.

http://www.ticgn.com/halo-master-chief-collection-reaches-5-million-sales/

HAHAHHAHAHAHA

And even without a Gran Turismo game, PS4 dominates.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

Excuse me thread creator slash Xbox Lover and Microsoft employee, but are you aware of genre specific degeneration?

In lamens terms, or rather your simplified train of thought, it means that as consoles and gaming series progress and new 1st and 3rd party games are created, new and younger gamers to the console world are not interested in specific genres and therefore tend to follow only genres they like, be it Shooters, Platformers, Sports, Xtreme Sports, RPG's, Strategy, MMO's, Driving sims and so on....All tend to either deviate or stay loyal to more popular or common genres of interests.

So whereas the specific game in question can very well be of the highest quality in graphics, gameplay and overall fun factor, it won't matter at all, because there are millions less gamers interested in driving sims to play or buy them as new or more popular franchises flourish.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#192 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Not surprising, GT6 wasn't all at good, it certainly wasn't better than 5. I mean they actually removed features and included microtransactions. As much shit GT5 got it was quite fun to play. GT6 wasn't terrible but it just didn't hold up.

isturbo1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By isturbo1984
Member since 2015 • 660 Posts

What is going on? The xbox fanboys are WAY too happy about this... and the PlayStation fanboys are WAY too defensive. Its a sales report. it is what it is. Fucking chuckle heads.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#194 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@isturbo1984 said:

What is going on? The xbox fanboys are WAY too happy about this... and the PlayStation fanboys are WAY too defensive. Its a sales report. it is what it is. Fucking chuckle heads.

lol

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By SolidTy

@isturbo1984 said:

None of the misinformation is even real.

The information in the OP was retracted at the source and proven false in this thread and even by the source. In the past when information is proven false, threads get locked...but this thread is extra special.

Also, the TC was banned.

This thread should have been locked a week or more ago for misinformation/false information. The TC can't even respond as he's banned. It's just a troll lol thread for over a week.

It's actually a novelty at this point seeing this misinformation keep getting floated to the top of the forum as if it's a real thing. It's funny to me, last week I figured the thread would be locked, but now I'm hoping it never gets locked and keeps bouncing all the way to 2016.

isturbo1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 isturbo1984
@cinematicgalore said:

"Poor Sony?" like what do you mean? do you need to be reminded that Sony has sold about 2x as many PS4s than "poor Microsoft" has sold Xbox Ones? there's nothing to gloat about here.

isturbo1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 isturbo1984

@SolidTy said:
@isturbo1984 said:

It's not even real.

The information in the OP was retracted at the source and proven false in this thread and even by the source.

Also, the TC was banned.

This thread should have been locked a days ago.

It's actually a novelty seeing this misinformation keep getting floated to the top of the forum as if it's a real thing.

jesus. that explains a lot. i was thinking it didnt make sense... GT6 game out in 2013 and the last Halo game came out in 2012. even if GT6's sale did flop, it would still serve as an increase in numbers from what they already were after Halo 4's release.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By SolidTy
@isturbo1984 said:
@SolidTy said:
@isturbo1984 said:

None of the misinformation is even real.

The information in the OP was retracted at the source and proven false in this thread and even by the source. In the past when information is proven false, threads get locked...but this thread is extra special.

Also, the TC was banned.

This thread should have been locked a week or more ago for misinformation/false information. The TC can't even respond as he's banned. It's just a troll lol thread for over a week.

It's actually a novelty at this point seeing this misinformation keep getting floated to the top of the forum as if it's a real thing. It's funny to me, last week I figured the thread would be locked, but now I'm hoping it never gets locked and keeps bouncing all the way to 2016.

jesus. that explains a lot. i was thinking it didnt make sense... GT6 game out in 2013 and the last Halo game came out in 2012. even if GT6's sale did flop, it would still serve as an increase in numbers from what they already were after Halo 4's release.

Oh yeah, besides the source being sketchy and unknown...and then retracted, the TC also paraded around firing misinforming post after post for some reason. He's banned probably for lying and trolling with misinformation in other threads, but this silly misinforming thread is the only legacy he has left, haha.

About five days ago this was posted and almost completely ignored, lol:

@chaplainDMK said:

"UPDATE: Although these numbers were reported in official court documents, they have since been discredited. Thanks to detective work from NeoGAF and here in GTPlanet’s community, we see the judge quoted sales numbers by VIRAG in their original claims against SCEA, made in

July of 2014.

Although VIRAG does not specify the source of their data, their numbers closely match those displayed by “VGChartz” in 2014 – an unofficial and notoriously unreliable website which provides rough estimates of video game sales.

Therefore, the numbers reported in the court documents are unverified, outdated, and almost certainly incorrect."

---

Lol VGChartz