Sony CAN NOT WIN PERIOD. I'll give you the TRUTH and the FACTS.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Gimp07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Gimp07
Member since 2007 • 144 Posts

Ok lets get this outta of the way right now. I beleive the PS2 has sold not to much more over 20million in Japan. Well everyone seems to keep saying you need Japan to win well this is BS. Because it's VERY CLEAR the PS2 won is because it sold over 100million world wide. Which tells you very clearly that USA and other countries NOT JAPAN was the reason.

Well ladies and Gentlemen the PS3 has STRUGGLED to sell in the major countries USA and now it's very clear that accross the ocean it is STRUGGLEING just as bad. And there is reports all over how much fewer sales then expected occured last week. And the outlook is not looking good.

So for anyone who really still thinks PS3 will win is just not looking at the logical picture and what's happening now and with sales numbers.

Now the only way it seems that the PS3 can win again is if Sony really does run this PS3 for 10 YEARS. Lets be honest that's not winning that called grasping for sales. We all know THIS WAR for the real KING is for 5-7 years anything after that is GARBAGE POINTS.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#3 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
I'll get on the phone to Sony right away. I'll break it to them gently.
BlueBarad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BlueBarad
Member since 2003 • 2218 Posts
You cannot start a FACT post with i believe.... . .
DilutedDante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 DilutedDante
Member since 2004 • 1633 Posts
Assumptions made based entirely on early sales. Awesome.
Avatar image for RurouniSaiyajin
RurouniSaiyajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RurouniSaiyajin
Member since 2007 • 4951 Posts

You cannot start a FACT post with i believe.... . .BlueBarad

My thoughts exactly.

The_Gimp07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Gimp07

You cannot start a FACT post with i believe.... . .BlueBarad

I said i beleive becuase of the sales numbers of Japan on PS2. I beleive it is around 20 million or a little more. I don't have the exact count. If someone can post that would be great.

But the FACTS are as i stated. Just use simple LOGIC.

kindredmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 kindredmachine
Member since 2002 • 2625 Posts

Ok lets get this outta of the way right now. I beleive the PS2 has sold not to much more over 20million in Japan. Well everyone seems to keep saying you need Japan to win well this is BS. Because it's VERY CLEAR the PS2 won is because it sold over 100million world wide. Which tells you very clearly that USA and other countries NOT JAPAN was the reason.

Well ladies and Gentlemen the PS3 has STRUGGLED to sell in the major countries USA and now it's very clear that accross the ocean it is STRUGGLEING just as bad. And there is reports all over how much fewer sales then expected occured last week. And the outlook is not looking good.

So for anyone who really still thinks PS3 will win is just not looking at the logical picture and what's happening now and with sales numbers.

Now the only way it seems that the PS3 can win again is if Sony really does run this PS3 for 10 YEARS. Lets be honest that's not winning that called grasping for sales. We all know THIS WAR for the real KING is for 5-7 years anything after that is GARBAGE POINTS.

The_Gimp07

It's common knowledge (or so I thought) that Japan makes up roughly 20% of the global gaming market. The 360 can easily dominate even without Japan. Why do you think games like DMC4 and Ace Combact - all from Japanese developers - are coming to the 360 even though they know sales will be low in Japan? Developers aren't stupid you know.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
Assumptions made based entirely on early sales. Awesome.DilutedDante
It's still too early to tell. PS3 just might be a late bloomer.
kindredmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 kindredmachine
Member since 2002 • 2625 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Gimp07"]

kindredmachine

It's common knowledge (or so I thought) that Japan makes up roughly 20% of the global gaming market. The 360 can easily dominate even without Japan. Why do you think games like DMC4 and Ace Combact - all from Japanese developers - are coming to the 360 even though they know sales will be low in Japan? Developers aren't stupid you know.

Don't forget, Japan only has a population of 125,000,000.

The_Gimp07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Gimp07

Ok so here you guys go.

This just shows how importent the WORLD is Japan is not the deciding factor at all.

http://www.dsrevolution.com/article.php?articleid=1490

The_Gimp07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The_Gimp07

Ok so here you guys go.

This just shows how importent the WORLD is Japan is not the deciding factor at all.

The_Gimp07

It's just for the past several year all Sony supporters always claimed Japan wins the war. Well now it seems they have back off this whole concept.

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts

The_Gimp07
What you forget to acknowledge is that although the PS2 only sold 20 million in Japan the Xbox and Gamecubes worldwide sales were not much higher then the PS2s Japan sales. As for the PS3 "struggling" to sell, its sales are just fine and in NA which is the 360s major home base. When you compare the 360 and PS3 at the 5 month life span the PS3 is selling just as fast, it just needs more games to boost its sales just like the 360, PS2, GC, and every other gaming console in history needed. What you fail to see is the 360 only sells well in NA, in Japan it is nonexistant and in Europe its sales are ok at best. The PS3 sells well in NA, Japan, and looking at the PS3s preorders it sells well in Europe. Selling well in THREE regions is more beneificial then selling well in one region, then poor in another region and Ok in the thrid.
The_Gimp07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 The_Gimp07

You should be banned, your threads are terrible, I'm guessing you're 10 yrs or so.ElTioGamboin

Why i'm not calling anyone names or anything like that.

This is system wars and i'm talking about Sony. Your not seeing me name call or anything like that.

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Javy03
[QUOTE="The_Gimp07"]

kindredmachine

The problem is the 360 needs to dominate the two other regions to make up for its horrible sales in Japan and it is not even close to doing that. It is far from dominating in Europe or NA.
The_Gimp07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The_Gimp07
[QUOTE="The_Gimp07"]

Javy03

What you forget to acknowledge is that although the PS2 only sold 20 million in Japan the Xbox and Gamecubes worldwide sales were not much higher then the PS2s Japan sales. As for the PS3 "struggling" to sell, its sales are just fine and in NA which is the 360s major home base. When you compare the 360 and PS3 at the 5 month life span the PS3 is selling just as fast, it just needs more games to boost its sales just like the 360, PS2, GC, and every other gaming console in history needed. What you fail to see is the 360 only sells well in NA, in Japan it is nonexistant and in Europe its sales are ok at best. The PS3 sells well in NA, Japan, and looking at the PS3s preorders it sells well in Europe. Selling well in THREE regions is more beneificial then selling well in one region, then poor in another region and Ok in the thrid.

You by no means can compare the first 5 months of 360 and PS3 sales. Why you ask. 360 had HUGE supply issues in the first 6 months the PS3 has not. So the PS3 is only selling as good and the 360 could only sell what they had and that was VERY FEW.

inerte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 inerte
Member since 2004 • 1007 Posts

[QUOTE="BlueBarad"]You cannot start a FACT post with i believe.... . .RurouniSaiyajin

My thoughts exactly.

Use the thruthiness, Luke!
Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Javy03
[QUOTE="Javy03"][QUOTE="The_Gimp07"]

The_Gimp07

You by no means can compare the first 5 months of 360 and PS3 sales. Why you ask. 360 had HUGE supply issues in the first 6 months the PS3 has not. So the PS3 is only selling as good and the 360 could only sell what they had and that was VERY FEW.

The PS3 and the 360 had supply issues, you cant devalue one over the other. And even if you look at january before crackdown boosted the 360s sales with the Halo Beta the sales were pretty neck and neck with 360 at like 290,000 and PS3 at 240,000. It has to do alot better then that to be first.
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts

The_Gimp07
If that long post helps you feel better about not being able to get a PS3, more power to you. You should start another thread tomorrow to see if that helps even more.
Michael85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Michael85
Member since 2005 • 3971 Posts
Sony sucks harder than Jack Thompson praises Jesus.
The_Gimp07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The_Gimp07

Sony sucks harder than Jack Thompson praises Jesus.Michael85

:lol:

_AsasN_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 _AsasN_
Member since 2003 • 3646 Posts

The_Gimp07
I didn't even bother reading whatever you posted there. The reason being the PS3 has only been out for a few months and just starting to get bigger titles. Also summer is coming and we all know there is usually a drought around that time. That fact alone renders this thread completely useless and nothing more than fanboy ranting.
ElTioGamboin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ElTioGamboin
Member since 2007 • 110 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Gimp07"]

Ok so here you guys go.

The_Gimp07

It's just for the past several year all Sony supporters always claimed Japan wins the war. Well now it seems they have back off this whole concept.

I know that you have the right to write your opinions but plz try harder from now on.
familyguyvs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 familyguyvs360
Member since 2007 • 394 Posts

The_Gimp07
You clearly need to go back to the 360 forums because you don't know nothing except for your own opinion......and that is a bad one!
famousking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 famousking
Member since 2006 • 314 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Gimp07"]

Javy03

the ps3 does not sell well in the usa (did you see last month's npd numbers? LOL) the ps3 does not sell well in japan either although it does sell way better than the 360 their though. in europe ps3 is not gonna sell well just because the launch went well does not mean its gonna sell i mean all launches sell out and last time i check the ps3 did not sell out in europe although it sold 500,000 theirs still 500,000 sitting in store shelves in europe. ( lets see the monthly number in europe for the ps3 a couple months from now it will be as low as the US numbers)
Kreean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Kreean
Member since 2006 • 683 Posts
Here you have the the japanese sale numbers
http://www.pcvsconsole.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=21551
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

The_Gimp07
I disagree. the ps2 sold faster in japan than the other markets. of course they can't keep up after a few years because of the population being smaller. if you look at the beginning of a consoles life, Japan is very important for developer support and thus really does impact what eventually wins over all. Japan sold 1million ps2's in it's first month. the US took 3.
P-Roo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29 P-Roo
Member since 2006 • 2707 Posts
last war the world could be split up into three sections, with each different console domminating. Nintendo had Japan, Microsoft had NA and Sony had Europe, (this is what me and my friends have come up with). However this looks like it will change. Over the weekend in game shops i heard to different shops say they still had PS3 this shows that People where i live (outskirts of London) are fed up with Sony's disregard for them, a later realease big expense. I believe Nintendo have taken over Europe with its move to get non-gamers intrested, I'm not sure what is happening in NA but 9i think Nintendo may win this gen.
RAZZY_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RAZZY_B
Member since 2005 • 1709 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Gimp07"]

asmallchild

If that long post helps you feel better about not being able to get a PS3, more power to you. You should start another thread tomorrow to see if that helps even more.

rofl :lol:

Avatar image for deactivated-57a12126af02c
deactivated-57a12126af02c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-57a12126af02c
Member since 2007 • 3290 Posts
You CANNOT spell. :lol:
The_Gimp07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 The_Gimp07
Well there you have it. We even have people on here that live in other countries that even say there are plenty of PS3's on store shelfs.
Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#33 Pangster007
Member since 2004 • 4426 Posts
You're associating Japan as just a market for console sales, but in fact, Japan's influence extends much more than that.
polarguy2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 polarguy2000
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="Javy03"][QUOTE="The_Gimp07"]

The_Gimp07

The 360 also had NO competition.  The PS3 has the 360 and the Wii, and is still selling as well as the 360 did, apparently, in its first few months.

I dont get why everyone gets so up-in-arms about the "console wars".  Why isnt it possible to just enjoy your system, and let someone else enjoy theirs? 

I bought a PS3 for a few reasons, one of which was the Blue-ray dvd player, another was upgradability.  Does that mean that I hate the 360?  Uh, no.  I had a PS2 and an Xbox, and I enjoyed them both.  I will probably buy a 360 at some point if there are any games that appeal to me that I cant get on the PS3 (and if I can do it without my wife killing me in my sleep).  But for now the PS3 seems to offer me more of what I want.

This doesnt mean that I think people who feel that the 360 is better are stupid.  People are entitle to their opinions....why try to force yours on them?

STABW0UND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 STABW0UND
Member since 2007 • 2285 Posts
i LOVE how you CAPITALIZE RANDOM words while TRYING to make a POINT well anyways i agree sony isnt going to win by a long shot its all 360 vs wii now...