Sony: 360 Outselling PS3 2:1 False.. Link

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChristopherM80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ChristopherM80
Member since 2007 • 391 Posts

Sony is disputing Microsoft's statement about the ratio of Xbox 360 to PS3 sales during the week of Black Friday. Here's what Kimberly Otzman, a Sony spokeswoman, said to Todd Bishop of seattlepi.com:

"It's (Sony Computer Entertainment America) policy not to disclose our unit sales numbers until NPD numbers are officially released which will be December 13th. However, I can assure you that Microsoft's estimates of our PS3 unit sales numbers are way off and they did not outsell PS3 2:1 during Black Friday week."

http://www.n4g.com/industrynews/NewsCom-89034.aspx#Comments

I must say that i actually believe sony.. If Sony didnt even disclose its exact sales figures for black friday week, how does MS Know for sure 360 outsold it 2:1.. Things should get intresting

MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts

Sony is disputing Microsoft's statement about the ratio of Xbox 360 to PS3 sales during the week of Black Friday. Here's what Kimberly Otzman, a Sony spokeswoman, sai3: d to Todd Bishop of seattlepi.com:

"It's (Sony Computer Entertainment America) policy not to disclose our unit sales numbers until NPD numbers are officially released which will be December 13th. However, I can assure you that Microsoft's estimates of our PS3 unit sales numbers are way off and they did not outsell PS3 2:1 during Black Friday week."

I must say that i actually believe sony.. If Sony didnt even disclose its exact sales figures for black friday week, how does MS Know for sure 360 outsold it 2:1.. Things should get intresting

ChristopherM80

2:1 does seem kinda high, will be interesting to see.

Avatar image for lithuania_pride
lithuania_pride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lithuania_pride
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts
If true then DV is ownd bad/
-Tretiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -Tretiak
Member since 2007 • 2416 Posts
Shocker. Nobody wants to look that bad.
KillaHalo2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 KillaHalo2o9
Member since 2006 • 5305 Posts
Lets all trust Sony.
100Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 100Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1701 Posts

Sony is disputing Microsoft's statement about the ratio of Xbox 360 to PS3 sales during the week of Black Friday. Here's what Kimberly Otzman, a Sony spokeswoman, said to Todd Bishop of seattlepi.com:

ChristopherM80

same logic, how does sony know that 360 didn't outsell PS3 2:1 :|

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
you know whats funny? while sony and microsoft spend their time taking shots at each other..nintendo are sitting back and enjoying themselfs with the success of the wii
lt-rickhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lt-rickhunter
Member since 2007 • 816 Posts

ChristopherM80
lol yep i agree with you there. how is MS suppose to know what Sony sales are, if sony hasnt even announced them.
ChristopherM80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ChristopherM80
It has to be true, if there was any truth to MS statment then a sony rep would not so confidently deny that statement and say they are "way off knowing all truth will be out in just a couple weeks on Dec 13th So that means sony only sold 160,000 units black friday week?! Something just doesnt seem right, im stillhow MS can say such a thing when sony hasnt even disclosed exact numbers, does MS have a insider at sony or something?
ChristopherM80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ChristopherM80
[QUOTE="ChristopherM80"]

100Gamer

ummm i dont know.. Maybe the fact that MS actually announced the sales numbersLol seriously man, think before you ask

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
Be interesting to see actual numbers
100Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 100Gamer
[QUOTE="ChristopherM80"]

lt-rickhunter

lol yep i agree with you there. how is MS suppose to know what Sony sales are, if sony hasnt even announced them.

your logic backfires too

Compression

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Compression
Member since 2006 • 195 Posts

100Gamer

Thats not how logic works. Burden of proof lies on Microsoft, not Sony.

Pajamasalad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pajamasalad
Member since 2007 • 356 Posts

It has to be true, if there was any truth to MS statment then a sony rep would not so confidently deny that statement and say they are "way off knowing all truth will be out in just a couple weeks on Dec 13th So that means sony only sold 160,000 units black friday week?! Something just doesnt seem right, im stillhow MS can say such a thing when sony hasnt even disclosed exact numbers, does MS have a insider at sony or something?ChristopherM80

Maybe Microsoft has spies in Sony. They take the system wars concept really seriously.

ChristopherM80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ChristopherM80

Lets all trust Sony.KillaHalo2o9

I think if there was any truth to that statment sony would not so boldly come out disputing it knowing NPD is in under 2 weeks away.. Something is up

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 L1qu1dSword
Member since 2006 • 2835 Posts

It has to be true, if there was any truth to MS statment then a sony rep would not so confidently deny that statement and say they are "way off knowing all truth will be out in just a couple weeks on Dec 13th So that means sony only sold 160,000 units black friday week?! Something just doesnt seem right, im stillhow MS can say such a thing when sony hasnt even disclosed exact numbers, does MS have a insider at sony or something?ChristopherM80

of course sony will deny it. whenever they need to do damage control they use complete denial. seems to me it would be bad for buisiness if they admitted it or were silent. lying about it is their only choice. i can't believe that given those facts people are still willing to take their word for it.

lt-rickhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lt-rickhunter
[QUOTE="lt-rickhunter"][QUOTE="ChristopherM80"]

100Gamer

your logic backfires too

explain how my logic backfires? do that for me then i would agree, until then my logic still stands.

oh and please dont come up with some bs saying "how does sony know if MS out sold Sony by 2:1" when there is no evidence what the actual sale numbers are.

ChristopherM80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ChristopherM80
[QUOTE="lt-rickhunter"][QUOTE="ChristopherM80"]

100Gamer

your logic backfires too

How does his logic backfire.. He just said ANNOUNCED them, just because sony doesnt announce the actual sales numbers doesnt mean they dont actually know them

biggamerhk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#19 biggamerhk
Member since 2006 • 1653 Posts

Shocker. Nobody wants to look that bad.-Tretiak

fanboy . . .

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 L1qu1dSword

[QUOTE="KillaHalo2o9"]Lets all trust Sony.ChristopherM80

I think if there was any truth to that statment sony would not so boldly come out disputing it knowing NPD is in under 2 weeks away.. Something is up

of course they will. those are two important weeks of sales and they are trying to cover the bad press by denying the truth.

ChristopherM80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ChristopherM80

[QUOTE="ChristopherM80"]It has to be true, if there was any truth to MS statment then a sony rep would not so confidently deny that statement and say they are "way off knowing all truth will be out in just a couple weeks on Dec 13th So that means sony only sold 160,000 units black friday week?! Something just doesnt seem right, im stillhow MS can say such a thing when sony hasnt even disclosed exact numbers, does MS have a insider at sony or something?L1qu1dSword

of course sony will deny it. whenever they need to do damage control they use complete denial. seems to me it would be bad for buisiness if they admitted it or were silent. lying about it is their only choice. i can't believe that given those facts people are still willing to take their word for it.

Sony is a multi billion dollar business, not a mom and pop operation.. There is a this organazation called the SEC, It would be unlawful for Sony to lie about any sales figures, there is truth to the words

topps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 topps
Member since 2002 • 319 Posts

Does anyone read the entire article. It says so right there! They are just estimating it. It is not official.

"[UPDATE] Microsoft confirmed the 310,000 figure to GameSpot, and went on to claim that "according to estimates from top retailers," the Xbox 360 outsold the PlayStation 3 by a ratio of 2:1 for the week."

dr-venkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dr-venkman
Member since 2006 • 1561 Posts
Why would anybody trust M$ of all people when it comes to Sony's sale numbers? Why would M$ know, and no one else? Wait for the NPD numbers instead of listening to a clearly biased company.
L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 L1qu1dSword
[QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

[QUOTE="ChristopherM80"]It has to be true, if there was any truth to MS statment then a sony rep would not so confidently deny that statement and say they are "way off knowing all truth will be out in just a couple weeks on Dec 13th So that means sony only sold 160,000 units black friday week?! Something just doesnt seem right, im stillhow MS can say such a thing when sony hasnt even disclosed exact numbers, does MS have a insider at sony or something?ChristopherM80

Sony is a multi billion dollar business, not a mom and pop operation.. There is a this organazation called the SEC, It would be unlawful for Sony to lie about any sales figures, there is truth to the words

Who says its against the law for them to report the wrong or misleading numbers? They allready did it last year when they were reporting consoles SHIPPED instead of actually SOLD. Once again it is just as foolish to believe Sony as it is to buy their waste ofa console.

lt-rickhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lt-rickhunter
[QUOTE="ChristopherM80"][QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

[QUOTE="ChristopherM80"]It has to be true, if there was any truth to MS statment then a sony rep would not so confidently deny that statement and say they are "way off knowing all truth will be out in just a couple weeks on Dec 13th So that means sony only sold 160,000 units black friday week?! Something just doesnt seem right, im stillhow MS can say such a thing when sony hasnt even disclosed exact numbers, does MS have a insider at sony or something?L1qu1dSword

Who says its against the law for them to report the wrong or misleading numbers? They allready did it last year when they were reporting consoles SHIPPED instead of actually SOLD. Once again it is just as foolish to believe Sony as it is to buy their waste ofa console.

OH like when MS was channel Stuffing early this year? http://kotaku.com/gaming/microsoft/microsofts-channel-stuffing-comes-unstuck-251281.php
B1ACK_MAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#26 B1ACK_MAGE
Member since 2006 • 1693 Posts
[QUOTE="ChristopherM80"]

100Gamer

Sony knows that the 360 sold 310K units because microsoft said so... that's how
-Tretiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 -Tretiak
All you guys trying to label Microsoft as liars, they've said from the beginning that they are basing this on estimated numbers from top retailers.
L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 L1qu1dSword
[QUOTE="100Gamer"][QUOTE="ChristopherM80"]

B1ACK_MAGE

Sony knows that the 360 sold 310K units because microsoft said so... that's how

well you are missing the point. im just saying it isn't against the lawfor sony to mislead us in their press reports as that one mentally weak cow was trying to say. Besides that attacking MS's credibillity matters not at all when it was the "top retailers" that were releasing these numbers according to the article. i will laugh when NPD confirms what the few remaing sony fanbots are desperately denying. sorry guys the writing is on the wall. ps3 = failure.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
Somebody is lying lol. Wonder whos gonna get caught?
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
Can't this be settled by looking at PS3 sales numbers and adding 245% or whatever they were saying then X2 that by two and if it equals 310,000 then nobody lied.
biggamerhk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 biggamerhk

All you guys trying to label Microsoft as liars, they've said from the beginning that they are basing this on estimated numbers from top retailers.-Tretiak

yeah, but their estimation is seriously off! they're trying to make the PS3 sales seem worse than they really are.

Liquid-GEAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Liquid-GEAR
Member since 2007 • 1574 Posts

Ofcourse Microsoft lied about it :D

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
I'd rather trust Sony than an objective news source on T.V.
-Tretiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 -Tretiak

[QUOTE="-Tretiak"]All you guys trying to label Microsoft as liars, they've said from the beginning that they are basing this on estimated numbers from top retailers.biggamerhk

yeah, but their estimation is seriously off! they're trying to make the PS3 sales seem worse than they really are.

There is no way you can know if they're off or not, let alone how off they may be.

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 L1qu1dSword

[QUOTE="-Tretiak"]All you guys trying to label Microsoft as liars, they've said from the beginning that they are basing this on estimated numbers from top retailers.biggamerhk

your only sayin that because it is not the answer you would like to hear. after you wasted all that money on a ps3 you need to validation that comes with knowing your console is winning. you are especially desperate because im sure the lack of games is leaving many with buyers remorse. especially when its obvious the people with 360 are having much more fun.

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 L1qu1dSword
I'd rather trust Sony than an objective news source on T.V.DaysAirlines
lol
Bren128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Bren128
Member since 2003 • 2358 Posts

Lets all trust Sony.KillaHalo2o9

so we trust ms?. 2 to 1? .......black friday weekend alsmot all consoles sold out...

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DaysAirlines
MS never reports sold numbers. It was all MSNBC.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DaysAirlines

[QUOTE="KillaHalo2o9"]Lets all trust Sony.Bren128

so we trust ms?. 2 to 1? .......black friday weekend alsmot all consoles sold out...

It wasn't MS it was on the news.
Avatar image for Synthetic_NinJI
Synthetic_NinJI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Synthetic_NinJI
Member since 2006 • 2809 Posts

Doesnt Sony lie about damn there everything :|

Wow, surprise to see people still fall for the sony propaganda

Eltroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Eltroz
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts
I'd rather trust Sony than an objective news source on T.V.DaysAirlines
:lol:
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

If true then DV is ownd bad/lithuania_pride

who me? I'm just the messenger, baby. 8)

biggamerhk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 biggamerhk
[QUOTE="Bren128"]

[QUOTE="KillaHalo2o9"]Lets all trust Sony.DaysAirlines

but MS estimated those numbers, and then the news reported it!! get your facts straight.

Bren128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Bren128
Member since 2003 • 2358 Posts

[QUOTE="lithuania_pride"]If true then DV is ownd bad/Dreams-Visions

who me? I'm just the messenger, baby. 8)

yea you were just posting the topic you never gave any bias towards either console(i dont think)in that post so no ownage.

100Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 100Gamer
brand loyalty never lies
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
Somebody is lying lol. Wonder whos gonna get caught?Blackbond
We'll soon see. :)
L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 L1qu1dSword
[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="Bren128"]

[QUOTE="KillaHalo2o9"]Lets all trust Sony.biggamerhk

but MS estimated those numbers, and then the news reported it!! get your facts straight.

according to the article it was the top retailers who released the numbers.

100Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 100Gamer
[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="Bren128"]

[QUOTE="KillaHalo2o9"]Lets all trust Sony.biggamerhk

you're the only one that knows the numbers

SeanBond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SeanBond
Member since 2003 • 2136 Posts
[QUOTE="biggamerhk"][QUOTE="DaysAirlines"][QUOTE="Bren128"]

[QUOTE="KillaHalo2o9"]Lets all trust Sony.L1qu1dSword

according to the article it was the top retailers who released the numbers.

Exactly. Whether or not MS is correct, it's not hard to imagine that they could've gotten information from retailers on the sales of the two consoles, and in some ways the information gained that way would be more accurate than Sony's (Best Buy knows how many PS3s it sold better than Sony does).

exiledsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 exiledsnake
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts

I call for system wars bet to see if sony was lying or was it microsoft? Who will be on the MS camp and who will be on the Sony camp? Lol.

Would've been cool though.