So you buy the XBOX ONE and a couple of games for 4-500 and then need permission

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Totalgym9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Totalgym9000
Member since 2009 • 1456 Posts

So you buy the XBOX ONE and a couple of games for 4-600 dollars and then need permission every 24 hours to check you're being a good boy/girl and if so you get the microsoft seal of approval to keep playing their games for another 24 hours, talk about no ownership of your games what so ever!!!!!

Is there anyone out there that is ok with that??

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I'm not.

It looks to be a great machine that will have great software.

Bad policies are in place though, I hope they backpedal this at E3....time is ticking. Probably won't happen, but I can hope. I've saved all generation for a Xbone, so my money is there. Next move is M$.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

Brave new world of console gaming

Avatar image for Infinite_Access
Infinite_Access

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Infinite_Access
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts
It's complete crap huh?? Some will argue that other mediums do this.. But Apple doesn't check in on my music library. Nook doesn't check in on my books. Just gonna throw that out there before that DC/defending rears its head.
drakekratos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 drakekratos
Member since 2011 • 2311 Posts

original.jpg

and you need to pay another $60 for online.... since X1 doesn't work without online

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
Unfortunately, there are people who are more than OK, they defend it.
Totalgym9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Totalgym9000

I'm not.

Bad policies are in place though, I hope they backpedal this at E3....time is ticking. Probably won't happen, but I can hope. I've saved all generation for a Xbone, so my money is there. Next move is M$.

SolidTy
No doubt it could be a good/great games machine for sure but checking up on you every 24 hours for a console you purchased and if they can't they block you from playing games you purchased for full price?? I'm sorry but that is not owning a game what so ever, in fact it's giving the game Zero value, they should only expect people to pay 5 to 10 dollars for this shit.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
xbox one is like paranoid girlfriend. Always checking up on you. No paranoid girlfriends for me!
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 k2theswiss

original.jpg

and you need to pay another $60 for online.... since X1 doesn't work without online

drakekratos
they should so use that for advertisement
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 k2theswiss
Unfortunately, there are people who are more than OK, they defend it.darkspineslayer
they defend it because they are blind
Totalgym9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Totalgym9000
Is there any big xbox fan that is ok with this, please I would luv to hear an opinion from the other side, because DRM is one thing, but checking up on you every 24 hours or blocking you from playing purchased games it another.
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

x1 is looking hot! day 1 for me

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#13 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
No, it's complete and utter crap that won't see my business.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

I'm not.

Totalgym9000

No doubt it could be a good/great games machine for sure but checking up on you every 24 hours for a console you purchased and if they can't they block you from playing games you purchased for full price?? I'm sorry but that is not owning a game what so ever, in fact it's giving the game Zero value, they should only expect people to pay 5 to 10 dollars for this shit.

Yep, it's pretty anti consumer.

Unfortunately for them, I'm a discerning consumer that has the means, the online connectivity, the history, and the resources to buy the Xbone machine, but I'm not on board with these pro corporation, anti consumer measures.

This is some sort of nightmare scenario for any console, especially for me as a collector.

It's the principles that stand in the way. Next move is on them at E3.

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

KarateeeChop

Lems have to buy it, otherwise what do they have left?

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts
Is there any big xbox fan that is ok with this, please I would luv to hear an opinion from the other side, because DRM is one thing, but checking up on you every 24 hours or blocking you from playing purchased games it another.Totalgym9000
Yeah, I'm fine with a once a day check in and have stated why many times. It just does not matter to me. Nothing is blocking you from playing purchased games. But people like you don't want to hear reasons why, you just want people to agree with you. I'm far from blind or a fanboy and I don't make a buck off of MS win, lose or draw. But I have read and reread their polices as I have a family where the privacy issues are concerned. I've been gaming for over 18 years and this is all a big pot of crap that so many are spewing its just hilarious. I talked over MS's policies with 4 pals today who don't visit online forums, but are older gamers who worry about the privacy stuff given the news lately in the States. They could give a rats ass about a once a day check-in or the used game stuff so long as used games don;'t increase dramatically in cost. When I mentioned stuff like Draconian and consumer rights being violated they simply asked if they pay can they play, and if they can resell when they are done. The rest was a group of grown men talking about reality versus fantasy when it comes to the facts and the way the gaming industry is going. I'm sorry to report, but In my opinion there is a GIGANATIC disconnect between how the average gamer, core or casual, who does not live on message boards and forums versus those that do over the perception of MS's policies. And Sony's utter silence at this time, as well as the silence of the big major publishers indicates to me on a common sense level that very similar polices are on the way for Sony as well. It doesn't matter to me as I want Xbox One for its games and entertainment features. I give a damn about consumer rights and privacy just as much as any adult out there. But a ton is being blown WAAAYYY outta proportion and things are changing and sometimes you need to take a good hard look at the facts versus the fury online.
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17451 Posts
I agree that MS is making some terrible mistakes with the console. Aside from that, these threads need to stop. Its clogging up the forum.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
[QUOTE="Totalgym9000"]Is there any big xbox fan that is ok with this, please I would luv to hear an opinion from the other side, because DRM is one thing, but checking up on you every 24 hours or blocking you from playing purchased games it another.shawn30
Yeah, I'm fine with a once a day check in and have stated why many times. It just does not matter to me. Nothing is blocking you from playing purchased games. But people like you don't want to hear reasons why, you just want people to agree with you. I'm far from blind or a fanboy and I don't make a buck off of MS win, lose or draw. But I have read and reread their polices as I have a family where the privacy issues are concerned. I've been gaming for over 18 years and this is all a big pot of crap that so many are spewing its just hilarious. I talked over MS's policies with 4 pals today who don't visit online forums, but are older gamers who worry about the privacy stuff given the news lately in the States. They could give a rats ass about a once a day check-in or the used game stuff so long as used games don;'t increase dramatically in cost. When I mentioned stuff like Draconian and consumer rights being violated they simply asked if they pay can they play, and if they can resell when they are done. The rest was a group of grown men talking about reality versus fantasy when it comes to the facts and the way the gaming industry is going. I'm sorry to report, but In my opinion there is a GIGANATIC disconnect between how the average gamer, core or casual, who does not live on message boards and forums versus those that do over the perception of MS's policies. And Sony's utter silence at this time, as well as the silence of the big major publishers indicates to me on a common sense level that very similar polices are on the way for Sony as well. It doesn't matter to me as I want Xbox One for its games and entertainment features. I give a damn about consumer rights and privacy just as much as any adult out there. But a ton is being blown WAAAYYY outta proportion and things are changing and sometimes you need to take a good hard look at the facts versus the fury online.

Do you always feel the need to write a paper on circumstantial evidence?
Butt_Chunx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Butt_Chunx
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]Unfortunately, there are people who are more than OK, they defend it.k2theswiss
they defend it because they are blind

Like all those sheep that blindly support obama.
senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts

So you buy the XBOX ONEand a couple of games for 4-600 dollars and then need permission every 24 hours to check you're being a good boy/girl and if so you get the microsoft seal of approval to keep playing their games for another 24 hours, talk about no ownership of your games what so ever!!!!!

Is there anyone out there that is ok with that??

Totalgym9000

No I don't.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
So like... if you don't have internet access you wont be able to play your games? Assuming you have no internet at home you won't be able to activate them correct?
Keiji993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Keiji993
Member since 2009 • 1059 Posts

And you still have to pay to unlock online for every single game you bought...in 2013.

legalize82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 legalize82
Member since 2013 • 2293 Posts
MS is ure new pope
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
nice original thread bro.
ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts
[QUOTE="Totalgym9000"]Is there any big xbox fan that is ok with this, please I would luv to hear an opinion from the other side, because DRM is one thing, but checking up on you every 24 hours or blocking you from playing purchased games it another.shawn30

THIS!!!
ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ziggyww
Member since 2012 • 907 Posts
I think its rotten and don't wish to have one in my home. its a good looking console spec wise but the PS4 on paper is more powerful but should be just as easy to program for and i am hoping will not have all these restrictions that microsoft is pushing down our throats, well trying to at least. If the PS4 does follow suit and ends up having similar restrictions in place because of publishers pushing for it then I will be hopping over to PC and get rid of consoles altogether which I don't want to end up having to do. The PS4 could end up being one of the all time great consoles but only if they don't follow Xbox ONE1
FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts
Is there any big xbox fan that is ok with this, please I would luv to hear an opinion from the other side, because DRM is one thing, but checking up on you every 24 hours or blocking you from playing purchased games it another.Totalgym9000
Yes I am fine with this. I can't remember the last time I didn't play signed in online. My phone is constantly connected, my PC. This is nothing new, plus Ms looks like they will have a code for people that can't connect to override this.
Aftermath91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Aftermath91
Member since 2010 • 89 Posts

Meh...iam fine with it. There is wifi everywhere and my console is always connected online anyways, unless you live in some third world country you shouldn't have to worry about having no online.

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
I'm always amazed at how upset people get at first when something they already do 100% of the time becomes something they have to do. Most issues with the X1 disappear when people stop pretending that they don't have the internet. If you actually don't have the internet, which is pretty much nobody on this site nor anyone who is so into tech that they're thinking about buying this Day 1 or year 1, well this clearly isn't the system for you much like how it would be stupid to sign up for Netflix or Hulu+ if you don't actually have internet access.
OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

I'm always amazed at how upset people get at first when something they already do 100% of the time becomes something they have to do. Most issues with the X1 disappear when people stop pretending that they don't have the internet. If you actually don't have the internet, which is pretty much nobody on this site nor anyone who is so into tech that they're thinking about buying this Day 1 or year 1, well this clearly isn't the system for you much like how it would be stupid to sign up for Netflix or Hulu+ if you don't actually have internet access.Senor_Kami

If you think the issue with Xbone is having or not having good internet then you are missing the point.This console is a massive step backwards from what we have today and exists only to make life better for publishers and M$,there is no thought for the consumer with this console and if you accept it then things will get much worse in the future.

legalize82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 legalize82
Member since 2013 • 2293 Posts

[QUOTE="Senor_Kami"]I'm always amazed at how upset people get at first when something they already do 100% of the time becomes something they have to do. Most issues with the X1 disappear when people stop pretending that they don't have the internet. If you actually don't have the internet, which is pretty much nobody on this site nor anyone who is so into tech that they're thinking about buying this Day 1 or year 1, well this clearly isn't the system for you much like how it would be stupid to sign up for Netflix or Hulu+ if you don't actually have internet access.OneInchMan99

If you think the issue with Xbone is having or not having good internet then you are missing the point.This console is a massive step backwards from what we have today and exists only to make life better for publishers and M$,there is no thought for the consumer with this console and if you accept it then things will get much worse in the future.

so true so sad lemmings will eat it up...
strawhatlupi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 strawhatlupi
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts

xbone system will be highly dependent on many UNNECCESARY factors just to play a singleplayer offline game.

internet connection, microsoft server, xbl subscription.

the most annoying is that aside from paying for the access to this utilities, you still have to pay full price for the games. 

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Yes I am okay with it because I am not buying one and without idiots buying it, who they hell would I make fun of for being so mind numbingly stupid? There is a reason I call lemmings gnats now. Because you would have to have an IQ of a gnat to want to buy the X1.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#34 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

Masenkoe

No they don't The could lead their faction into extinction, or riot... like PC gamers did when ms tried making us pay...   Oh hell what am I thinking of course they will buy it. They are lemmings and they are called tha tfor a reason.  MS could tell them to do jumping jacks naked in front of the kinect and the bloody morons would ablige. 

As for the Karateechop, he is the biggest lemming and Sony hater there is... he has no reason for it either other than he is a TROLL....or just a moron! You pick.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 shawn30
[QUOTE="shawn30"][QUOTE="Totalgym9000"]Is there any big xbox fan that is ok with this, please I would luv to hear an opinion from the other side, because DRM is one thing, but checking up on you every 24 hours or blocking you from playing purchased games it another.darkspineslayer

Do you always feel the need to write a paper on circumstantial evidence?

If two paragraphs is a paper to you, your level of education speaks volumes, lol.
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

Unfortunately, there are people who are more than OK, they defend it.darkspineslayer

as proven by this forum they are either

a. idiots

b. microsoft employees.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 shawn30

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]Unfortunately, there are people who are more than OK, they defend it.Krelian-co

as proven by this forum they are either

a. idiots

b. microsoft employees.

Damn, I sure as hell wish I did get a check from MS, lol. I'd be blogging and posting videos of Xbox Support all damn day and wouldn't care if I got 800000 comments of "Xbone Sucks" , :"My consumer rights are mine mine mine and Obama and MS suck" I would post all damn day long. Sadly, I don't get paid by MS. I simply watched their conference, read their polices, saw the games coming and came to the conclusion that I want one. The only idiot here is the person who thinks if your opinion is different than mine then you are one.
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

[QUOTE="Masenkoe"]

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

Midnightshade29

No they don't The could lead their faction into extinction, or riot... like PC gamers did when ms tried making us pay...   Oh hell what am I thinking of course they will buy it. They are lemmings and they are called tha tfor a reason.  MS could tell them to do jumping jacks naked in front of the kinect and the bloody morons would ablige. 

As for the Karateechop, he is the biggest lemming and Sony hater there is... he has no reason for it either other than he is a TROLL....or just a moron! You pick.

nah, i was a ps3 guy this gen. but x1 definitely looks better than ps4 right now. 

consoletroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 consoletroll
Member since 2013 • 416 Posts

no internet- no dice.  This is a computer game machine. Wtf i paid 600 bucks and i need electricity also - arghh!!! How shall i play in a power outage? Next gen should come with built in generator and 4g card so i can play games and watch netflix in a blackout .

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

I'm not.

SolidTy
Pretty much this. I don't buy used games and I have good internet service, but its still a lousy policy.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

original.jpg

drakekratos
Pretty sure the Xbone will be able to "check-in" online whether you pay the 60 bucks or not for the year; there is Xbox Live Silver; however, it's still a horrible idea and I hope that people wise up to their misdeeds this gen.
strawhatlupi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 strawhatlupi

no internet- no dice.  This is a computer game machine. Wtf i paid 600 bucks and i need electricity also - arghh!!! How shall i play in a power outage? Next gen should come with built in generator and 4g card so i can play games and watch netflix in a blackout .

consoletroll
unlike internet, electricity is needed to run the hardware. there are 7 generations of console gaming that shows internet connection is NOT necessary to play video games. however there are no existing device that can play video games without electricity
COVAtheNOVA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 COVAtheNOVA
Member since 2011 • 203 Posts

My XBOX360, PS3 and PCs are always online when I turn them on so I do not care about the once every 24 hour check up. MS confirmed you will be able to play used games with no extra fees which is a plus. The specs look great and of course the online play will be the best of the 3 consoles once again. Day one purchase by me if they have 2 or 3 exclusives at launch that I like.

strawhatlupi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 strawhatlupi

My XBOX360, PS3 and PCs are always online when I turn them on so I do not care about the once every 24 hour check up. MS confirmed you will be able to play used games with no extra fees which is a plus. The specs look great and of course the online play will be the best of the 3 consoles once again. Day one purchase by me if they have 2 or 3 exclusives at launch that I like.

COVAtheNOVA
that is until something goes wrong with your internet provider, or MS server. You put to much faith on such infrastructure. your monthly fee can't guarantee 24hr connectivity. several years from now, when MS doesn't support or have a server anymore, or their company tanks, the whole system will become an unplayable brick. Compare that to the 16bit sega consoles that can still play games even if sega ain't a console maker anymore. Well you can still watch TV and Blu rays while offline. a service we already enjoy now. and how come its plus for us if ms decide we can play used games without fees, when i can do those things since NES era.
CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#45 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts
It doesn't bother me personally. My xbox/PS3/PC have been hooked up for as long as I can remember. I understand the concern for those without internet or those with absolute shit for internet.
GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

I don't agree with all of the policies, and I know there is some false information going around.

But yeah these threads are old.

COVAtheNOVA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 COVAtheNOVA
Member since 2011 • 203 Posts

[QUOTE="COVAtheNOVA"]

strawhatlupi

that is until something goes wrong with your internet provider, or MS server. You put to much faith on such infrastructure. your monthly fee can't guarantee 24hr connectivity. several years from now, when MS doesn't support or have a server anymore, or their company tanks, the whole system will become an unplayable brick. Compare that to the 16bit sega consoles that can still play games even if sega ain't a console maker anymore. Well you can still watch TV and Blu rays while offline. a service we already enjoy now. and how come its plus for us if ms decide we can play used games without fees, when i can do those things since NES era.

The longest my ISP has been down at any given time since I have been using the internet is about an hour and I have been using the internet since 1997. Also MS will have over 300k servers, which I believe, is triple what they have now for XBL. The longest XBL has been down for me at any given time has been a day or two which again is no big deal since my life doesn't revolve around playing games.

Also I have a hard time believing the XBOX ONE will be a brick with no internet connection. I believe MS is wording things wrong or their words are not being spoken by the media properly. I think the XBOX ONE will be like your modern day PC, which requires constant patching, updates, etc. for it to perform at its highest level. The XBOX ONE will be the same, as will the be the PS4 and currently the Wii U, but you will be able to use the system for offline gaming, movie watching, etc. No one way would it just brick if there is no connection. No need for MS to clear this up either. That is just common sense.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
Better yet, when you lend a game out, you cant get it back. Awesome, customer friendly policy there.
Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

Masenkoe

There's always LIVE for Windows lol. And hey, it's free!
Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

[QUOTE="strawhatlupi"][QUOTE="COVAtheNOVA"]

COVAtheNOVA

No one way would it just brick if there is no connection. No need for MS to clear this up either. That is just common sense.

Actually MS has released a press statement confirming that your console will brick if there is no connection. It has been cleared up, and no it doesn't make any sense, especially common sense lol.