So Mass Effect May Be Coming to the Trey...

• 150 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

I have a question for those that have the 360 version.Will installing the game onto the HDD significantly reduce the pop-in? I'm thinking of just buying the game and playing it on my brother's 360.

johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts

this has been rumored so many times lol

Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#103 Chaos_HL21
Member since 2003 • 5288 Posts

IF this is true, I guess it would be a good thing for the PS3 owners. But I can see that the console exclusives will matter in this case with the cows claiming ownage over a "lost" console exclusive.

But this is probably a mistake. I really wish they would put this rumor to rest. This seems more common than that dumb MGS 4 going to the 360 rumor.

shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#104 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts
your first mistake is calling it the trey
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#105 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

It would be meaningless unless the first one came with it. And unless BioWare handles it, we might end up with another Orange Box. Its best on PC anyways... and don't most PS3 owners already own gaming rigs?

spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts

It would be meaningless unless the first one came with it. And unless BioWare handles it, we might end up with another Orange Box. Its best on PC anyways... and don't most PS3 owners already own gaming rigs?

foxhound_fox

That was before PS3 started getting good games, once it started getting better games they all sold their PCs because they don't need it anymore.

RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 RTUUMM
Member since 2008 • 4859 Posts
Meh, dont really care, cuz i dont like mass effect
bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts
I'll still play the best version: PC.
samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts

lol, I hope this doesn't make people want to claim ownage.

BioShock and Ninja Gaiden did this.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#110 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

It'll come. It's only a matter of time.

Ownage potential is low, since ME isn't an exclusive by cows' reckoning, anyway.

PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#111 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

I doubt this will happen, but it's certainly possible.

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 washd123
Member since 2003 • 3418 Posts

Ownage potential is low, since ME isn't an exclusive by cows' reckoning, anyway.

Cherokee_Jack

its unlikely really.

if it werent for the first game id say yeah not only is it inevitable to think otherwise is ignorant.

but the first game is MS published on the consoles. which means some sort of deal is in place.

so unless the deal expires or EA breaks contract we wont see the first on the ps3 ever. which means that we wont see the second since theyre so tied together and one of the most important aspects of an RPG is story.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#113 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
If it's true then that's good news. More people enjoying a good game is a plus so long as it doesn't reduce the quality of the game for other systems.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts

foxhound_fox
generalizations FTL a few crazy cows =/= ps3 owners...you should know that
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Giancar

Cherokee_Jack
it won't big as FFXIII, NOTHING compares to that but I can see having the same proportions of DMC4, and people care about the game lemmings and cows care for it, that's why you see always large threads when rumors like this come despite being a non exclusive game still I think it is a typo...
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 foxhound_fox

generalizations FTL a few crazy cows =/= ps3 owners...you should know thatGiancar

I doubt anyone who isn't a cow doesn't also own a 360, especially if you are posting on this forum.

washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 washd123

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]

Giancar

it won't big as FFXIII, NOTHING compares to that but I can see having the same proportions of DMC4, and people care about the game lemmings and cows care for it, that's why you see always large threads when rumors like this come despite being a non exclusive game still I think it is a typo...

lol i have no idea why everyone was up in a roar about DMC4 and FF13 as far as im aware neither were announced exclusive and DMC3 wasnt exclsuive nor are most FF games

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Giancar

[QUOTE="Giancar"] generalizations FTL a few crazy cows =/= ps3 owners...you should know thatfoxhound_fox

I doubt anyone who isn't a cow doesn't also own a 360, especially if you are posting on this forum.

I don't consider myself a cow as I own a PS3 and not a 360, and there are a few other like me

that's why generalizations don't come never in hand, specially when they come form great posters...

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

[QUOTE="OneLazyAsian"]

Grat for PS3 only owners if true. PC is still where it's at for me.

lundy86_4

^^^This.

PC version of ME1 was definately a better experience for me, than the 360 version.

The PC version was full of visual bugs.....shadows on the faces AA issues everywhere....some worlds when u touched down wouldnt show the ground and u had to navigate over the lava
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Giancar

[QUOTE="Giancar"][QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]

washd123

lol i have no idea why everyone was up in a roar about DMC4 and FF13 as far as im aware neither were announced exclusive and DMC3 wasnt exclsuive nor are most FF games

still those were critical games for the systems, games that were associated with the PS brand, it's not exactly the same case as ME but this one is heavily associated with the 360 and DMC4 and FFXIII were announced as exclusives games for the PS3
washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 washd123

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

[QUOTE="OneLazyAsian"]

Grat for PS3 only owners if true. PC is still where it's at for me.

stereointegrity

^^^This.

PC version of ME1 was definately a better experience for me, than the 360 version.

The PC version was full of visual bugs.....shadows on the faces AA issues everywhere....some worlds when u touched down wouldnt show the ground and u had to navigate over the lava

maybe for like 1 out of the we number of copies it sold

compare to the 360 version with horrible AA, low res everything poor controls and other bugs.

bokiloki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 bokiloki
Member since 2008 • 1452 Posts

isn't dragon age origins coming to ps3. it isn't too hard to believe that an EA published game is coming to ps3.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 foxhound_fox

I don't consider myself a cow as I own a PS3 and not a 360, and there are a few other like me

that's why generalizations don't come never in hand, specially when they come form great posters...

Giancar

Generalizations and stereotypes are usually rooted in truth. I don't doubt that there are very few people, especially out of the posters on this forum, who are not fanboys and single console owners. You are most likely an exception to the norm.

It has been very common, for cows especially, to fall behind the PC when talking about 360 games that aren't on the PS3. Mass Effect benefits the 360 and PC, while its absence on the PS3 is a detriment for PS3 owners (who don't also own a PC capable of running it). This is undeniable. Sure, it would be good if the first and second ME's were ported to the PS3, but with the amount of work it takes to rewrite code for a new platform, it probably isn't financially feasible. BioWare obviously hasn't chosen to put ME or ME2 on the PS3 because they either aren't capable of all the work themselves, and don't want to outsource the work elsewhere (like VAVLe did with TOB), and have the quality of the port suffer.

There is a reason why BioWare hasn't come straight out and said they are going to put the games on the PS3... we just don't know why. And if anyone wants to play either the first or second badly enough, they will get a 360 or PC to do so. I know I did. I basically got a 360 for Dead Rising, but I got Mass Effect with it and it was arguably a comparable experience, well worth the price of admission into a 360 and the game by itself.

No sensible person would limit themselves to a single console and then expect every single game from every other console to magically appear on their console.

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

Dunno if it would actually happen.. but I would LOVE a Mass Effect 1 & 2 special edition on my PS3.. ME is the only reason i wish I still had a 360.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

[QUOTE="stereointegrity"][QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

^^^This.

washd123

maybe for like 1 out of the we number of copies it sold

compare to the 360 version with horrible AA, low res everything poor controls and other bugs.

i actually asked around and alot of people on the pc version were having this issue...some how it was said to be the ATI Cards doing it but there were alot of nvidia owners also having the problem.....
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#126 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts
They could make a Ps3 value pack with both ME 1 and 2 on a single Blu Ray disc, kinda like sony is doing with GOW, they could very well sell the game for 70$ dollars and it'd be a killer deal for the Ps3.
washd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 washd123

i actually asked around and alot of people on the pc version were having this issue...some how it was said to be the ATI Cards doing it but there were alot of nvidia owners also having the problem.....stereointegrity

those issues are UE3 issues tho

on both the 360 and the pc.

only the 360 version has more issues with texture loading and things of that nature that are memory limited

the pc version is an improvement in controls and overall visuals it was an improvement

Cicatraz_ESP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Cicatraz_ESP
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts

Link or it didn't happen :P

george999819

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 george999819
Member since 2007 • 413 Posts

Here's something else to check out on EA Russia's site:

http://www.electronicarts.ru/gamesearch/left+4+dead+2/0/0/0/

That's right. They have Left 4 Dead 2 listed for 360 and PS3. Mmhmm, the same place that has Mass Effect 2 listed for PS3 also has Left 4 Dead 2 listed for PS3. That's really all you need to see to know it was just an error and that ME2 is never coming to the PS3. For God's sake, they don't even have L4D2 listed for the Pc, but they have it listed for the PS3. LOL!

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#130 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/axumblade/1010091952.jpg?t=1255296074

It may indeed.

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/axumblade/1010091952.jpg?t=1255296074

It may indeed.

Floppy_Jim

Wehre did you get that pic from Jimbo???

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Floppy_Jim
^From another forum. Seemed appropriate to post it here.
Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Alpha-Male22
Member since 2008 • 3782 Posts

[QUOTE="Giancar"]I don't consider myself a cow as I own a PS3 and not a 360, and there are a few other like me

foxhound_fox

Generalizations and stereotypes are usually rooted in truth. I don't doubt that there are very few people, especially out of the posters on this forum, who are not fanboys and single console owners. You are most likely an exception to the norm.

It has been very common, for cows especially, to fall behind the PC when talking about 360 games that aren't on the PS3. Mass Effect benefits the 360 and PC, while its absence on the PS3 is a detriment for PS3 owners (who don't also own a PC capable of running it). This is undeniable. Sure, it would be good if the first and second ME's were ported to the PS3, but with the amount of work it takes to rewrite code for a new platform, it probably isn't financially feasible. BioWare obviously hasn't chosen to put ME or ME2 on the PS3 because they either aren't capable of all the work themselves, and don't want to outsource the work elsewhere (like VAVLe did with TOB), and have the quality of the port suffer.

There is a reason why BioWare hasn't come straight out and said they are going to put the games on the PS3... we just don't know why. And if anyone wants to play either the first or second badly enough, they will get a 360 or PC to do so. I know I did. I basically got a 360 for Dead Rising, but I got Mass Effect with it and it was arguably a comparable experience, well worth the price of admission into a 360 and the game by itself.

No sensible person would limit themselves to a single console and then expect every single game from every other console to magically appear on their console.

Hold on now, what are you trying to say in the beginning? Sure generalizations are rooted in some truth, but that doesn't mean we should use them, if that is what you are saying.

Also, there is nothing wrong with cows falling behind the PC when trying to argue exclusivity. I see often that when the PC is brought up to show a game not being exclusive, lemmings will use the sarcastic remark that cows have great gaming rigs. This is a cop out response as it does not challenge or give a rational comeback to the exclusivity of a game on both the PC and 360.

Lack of subjective access to a PC does not change the fact that 360 games on PC's = not exclusive.

Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Alpha-Male22

^From another forum. Seemed appropriate to post it here.Floppy_Jim

I'm looking at the ME2 logo-- is that a beta code or demo code or something? This is very interesting indeed-- it looks like ME2 is probably coming to the PS3. About time. Hopefully it's a good port. Hopefully it's true too. Actually, ME has never really interested me as an RPG, but now that it's on a PS3, I can at least check it out.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Floppy_Jim

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]^From another forum. Seemed appropriate to post it here.Alpha-Male22

I'm looking at the ME2 logo-- is that a beta code or demo code or something? This is very interesting indeed-- it looks like ME2 is probably coming to the PS3. About time. Hopefully it's a good port. Hopefully it's true too. Actually, ME has never really interested me as an RPG, but now that it's on a PS3, I can at least check it out.

It's for some kind of unlockable item in ME 2. If the series does make it to the PS3 you should definitely check it out, it would be silly if they don't port the first one though.
Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Giancar

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

[QUOTE="Giancar"]I don't consider myself a cow as I own a PS3 and not a 360, and there are a few other like me

Alpha-Male22

Hold on now, what are you trying to say in the beginning? Sure generalizations are rooted in some truth, but that doesn't mean we should use them, if that is what you are saying.

Also, there is nothing wrong with cows falling behind the PC when trying to argue exclusivity. I see often that when the PC is brought up to show a game not being exclusive, lemmings will use the sarcastic remark that cows have great gaming rigs. This is a cop out response as it does not challenge or give a rational comeback to the exclusivity of a game on both the PC and 360.

Lack of subjective access to a PC does not change the fact that 360 games on PC's = not exclusive.

and lemmings (NOTE I don't say 360 owners) bring up PC always when cows are discussing CONSOLE graphics... both factions act the same way

Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Alpha-Male22

[QUOTE="Alpha-Male22"]

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

Giancar

and lemmings (NOTE I don't say 360 owners) bring up PC always when cows are discussing CONSOLE graphics... both factions act the same way

Lol yeah. It seems the PC is the ultimate standard in which we all abide to, but hate very much as well.

themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#138 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
Why does it matter when it's already on PC?
Avatar image for -GeordiLaForge-
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 -GeordiLaForge-
Member since 2006 • 7167 Posts
i wouldnt mind getting it for the PS3....pc version bugged the hell out of mestereointegrity
Really? I played Mass Effect on my 360 first, but I like the PC version more. No texture pop in, and better graphics of course...
Blixxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Blixxed
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts

EA said the listings were a mistake.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/l4d2-mass-effect-2-ps3-listings-an-error

Rikuide_Furame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#141 Rikuide_Furame
Member since 2008 • 994 Posts

Ever since EA took over BioWare everyone and their gran has expected to hear that Mass Effect 2 will be available on the PS3. However, this proves nothing - it could merely be a mistake, EA have done it before.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#142 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts
[QUOTE="stereointegrity"]i wouldnt mind getting it for the PS3....pc version bugged the hell out of me-GeordiLaForge-
Really? I played Mass Effect on my 360 first, but I like the PC version more. No texture pop in, and better graphics of course...

Correct, & I played in that order as well. Even with the better experience I had on PC, I still plan to get ME 2 for Xbox 360, got enough PC gaming to do now & then.
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
mark my words, quote me if you want, Mass Effect and Left 4 Dead are coming to PS3. I still wont get them, not my type of game.
Blixxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Blixxed
mark my words, quote me if you want, Mass Effect and Left 4 Dead are coming to PS3. I still wont get them, not my type of game. xxThyLordxx
EA doesn't seem to agree with you. :( http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/l4d2-mass-effect-2-ps3-listings-an-error
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]mark my words, quote me if you want, Mass Effect and Left 4 Dead are coming to PS3. I still wont get them, not my type of game. Blixxed
EA doesn't seem to agree with you. :( http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/l4d2-mass-effect-2-ps3-listings-an-error

an 'error'? lol. do you really believe that? yeah, right, two 'errors' in one day. but lets not argue, only time will tell who is right or wrong.
PS_Trizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 PS_Trizzle
Member since 2009 • 51 Posts

We are talking about EA here, do not be suprised when you see Mass Effect 2 on PS3. I am sure EA is open to Microsoft cutting them a blank check for exclusivity but this franchise is not worth thr money I believe.

Blixxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Blixxed

We are talking about EA here, do not be suprised when you see Mass Effect 2 on PS3. I am sure EA is open to Microsoft cutting them a blank check for exclusivity but this franchise is not worth thr money I believe.

PS_Trizzle
And EA will give it The Orange Box treatment to port it. Haha.
warmaster670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 warmaster670
Member since 2004 • 4699 Posts

as much as I would love this .. its most likely an error/mistake. I really don't see it coming at all, especially when its supposed to be an integrated experience from the first game, which isn't on the consolenavstar29

Doesn mean anything, wouldnt be the first game where a sequal is on a system tha didnt have the original.

Metalscarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Metalscarz
Member since 2004 • 1019 Posts

your first mistake is calling it the treyshadow_hosi

I'm with this guy. What a stupid internet trend that needs to die.

The "trey" is where I put my food on an airplane. The PS3 is a console I own. Sounds like stupid "gangsta" BS.

AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 AdmiralBison
Member since 2008 • 3970 Posts

It may look like an error on the retailers part

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=225218