So it seems like Microsoft kept NA after all.

• 182 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

Somehow.

MS must have done a very very very good job stopping the DRM issues from spreading and then did an even better job changing people minds who did. Because the Black Friday figures are extremely interesting.

Somehow that $500 system managed to sell very well at launch and managed to sell even better on Black Friday, a time where people were having mixed feelings on sales. Along with the good advertising of course.

So, are there still people who think the Xbox Will fail? I think it will be a competitor for awhile from the looks of it. It also seems that the NA fanbase still has a liking to MS.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

lol, still trying. I admire lems' resilience.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Jakandsigz said:

Somehow.

MS must have done a very very very good job stopping the DRM issues from spreading and then did an even better job changing people minds who did. Because the Black Friday figures are extremely interesting.

Somehow that $500 system managed to sell very well at launch and managed to sell even better on Black Friday, a time where people were having mixed feelings on sales. Along with the good advertising of course.

So, are there still people who think the Xbox Will fail? I think it will be a competitor for awhile from the looks of it. It also seems that the NA fanbase still has a liking to MS.

Do you have a link to the Black Friday figures?

Also, Microsoft still has about 25 other countries to release the XB1 in next year.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

@Jakandsigz: yep tormentos and other cows had a breakdown in the other thread. Na knows quality. The wobble and cheapness turned off the most educated consumers on the planet

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

everything sells out at launch, x1 wont have the legs. the only reason it sold more on black fridays is because ps4 is sold out everywhere and sony had to allocate for europe launch. once the initial supply for both consoles is met the real console war will begin, i expect ps4 to demolish x1 and m$ will price cut this time next year

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

what are the sales numbers?

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

I can't wait for those NPD numbers

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

everything sells out at launch, x1 wont have the legs. the only reason it sold more on black fridays is because ps4 is sold out everywhere and sony had to allocate for europe launch. once the initial supply for both consoles is met the real console war will begin, i expect ps4 to demolish x1 and m$ will price cut this time next year

Everything does sell out at launch, and sales do mean little this early in the game.

But that didnt stop cows from claiming sony dominance when there were more PS4s allocated for launch day than X1s in the US.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

They are both fine systems..... I just want to see what exclusives MS has up it's sleeves.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jakandsigz

@lostrib said:

Wait

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

That's funny cause my brother managed to buy a PS4 on Black Friday without much of a problem. He also picked up the XOne at the same time.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lostrib

@Jakandsigz said:

@lostrib said:

Wait

so how do you know MS kept NA

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@Jakandsigz said:

@lostrib said:

Wait

I'll get the crow out of the freezer so it'll be defrosted by the time you're proven wrong.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jakandsigz

@lostrib said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@lostrib said:

Wait

You actual believe that it's perfectly ok to release publicized numbers on a random public gaming site?

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#17 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts

It seems like this is all apart of the masterplan for The Year of Luigi after all

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@danabo said:

Thats pretty fucking good.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@danabo said:

Hahahaha, and even though a better version would be Sony's debt chasing Sony, that is pretty freaking awesome, lol :)

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lostrib

@Jakandsigz said:

@lostrib said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@lostrib said:

Wait

You actual believe that it's perfectly ok to release publicized numbers on a random public gaming site?

what's the issue if they're publicized?

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jakandsigz

@clyde46 said:

@danabo said:

They could clear up the surfing image though.

Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

No link= awful thread

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ghostwarrior786

@BeardMaster said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Everything does sell out at launch, and sales do mean little this early in the game.

But that didnt stop cows from claiming sony dominance when there were more PS4s allocated for launch day than X1s in the US.

us will be pretty even compared to other countries i think with sony edging it, sony will have good 1st year but m$ will crawl back with the price cut. europe and japan will be annihilation, uk shows little brand loyalty so lower price consoles always win there.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ghostwarrior786

@lostrib said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@lostrib said:

Wait

there is no way m$ has outsold sony in na, at best they are 200k behind. sony will probably have 800k advantage over in europe

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jakandsigz

@lostrib said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@lostrib said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@lostrib said:

Wait

Pretty sure it's not legal to leak documents.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

lol, still trying. I admire lems' resilience.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

What surprises me in this thread is that people expect the PS4 to just stop dead in selling....lol The XB1 will sell more in NA, but then so will the PS4.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lostrib

@Jakandsigz said:

@lostrib said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@lostrib said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@lostrib said:

Wait

not sure you know what publicized means...

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#29 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

not everyone goes online to gaming websites so pretty sure majority didnt know

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

lol..nice try

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@BeardMaster said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

There were PS4 allocated for Black Friday in the US as well. We'll see what the final NPD numbers show next month. The fact that cows didn't even think the XB1 would sell over 1 million in 24hr at launch was hilarious. TCHBO in that case. The XB1 still has about 20-25 other countries to launch in, so we'll see what happens in 2014 when it launches in those countries.

Also.. Europe also experience a large amount of broken PS4. Here's the PS4 Support forum for Europe. lol!! Lots of BLOD again.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Support-PS4/bd-p/bEN_TSOPS4

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ghostwarrior786

@blackace: i could go over to xbox forum and find lots of issues there, its launch. both companies are rushing to meet the demand. m$ demand will slow once the hardcore x1 fanboys have purchased it, by march ps4 will be coming on strong. the $100 difference isnt a joke

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

@blackace: I was hoping that it would have sold 1 million in 24 hours considering it was a worldwide launch.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jakandsigz

@lostrib said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@lostrib said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@lostrib said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@lostrib said:

Wait

I don't think you know what the word confidential means.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@blackace said:

@BeardMaster said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

There were PS4 allocated for Black Friday in the US as well. We'll see what the final NPD numbers show next month. The fact that cows didn't even think the XB1 would sell over 1 million in 24hr at launch was hilarious. TCHBO in that case. The XB1 still has about 20-25 other countries to launch in, so we'll see what happens in 2014 when it launches in those countries.

Also.. Europe also experience a large amount of broken PS4. Here's the PS4 Support forum for Europe. lol!! Lots of BLOD again.

First off, nobody thought that the Xbox One couldn't manage 1 million sales in 13 countries. What's sad is that it only managed around those numbers in 13 countries.

Also, what the hell are you trying to prove using a support forum link to claim ownage for broken consoles? That's like visiting a terminal wing at the hospital and claiming the world is ending due to disease.

Cali3350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Cali3350
Member since 2003 • 16134 Posts

If Microsoft broke a million in NA they would announce it. They havent.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

Keep in mind that even the Dreamcast and GameCube were sold out for the holiday.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@handssss said:

@blackace said:

@BeardMaster said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

First off, nobody thought that the Xbox One couldn't manage 1 million sales in 13 countries. What's sad is that it only managed around those numbers in 13 countries.

Also, what the hell are you trying to prove using a support forum link to claim ownage for broken consoles? That's like visiting a terminal wing at the hospital and claiming the world is ending due to disease.

Right, cause lets say Sony did 1 million in NA, and 250,000 in UK thats only 1.25 million, gues thats too big of a gap for MS to catch up... or is it?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Jakandsigz said:

Somehow.

Dude the console hasn't even reach 1 million in US sony already is pass the million mark in US.

Second the PS4 had no units basically,because that same black Friday the PS4 release on EU and stormed EU like no console has before it,in fact in UK it blew the xbox one apart selling 250 units in 48 hours (AKA week end) while the xbox one manage 170k in 2 weeks.

That doesn't account all other parts of EU where the Ps4 hit,so sony had little PS4 for US after that 1 million in 24 hours that MS fail to beat by the way.

So yeah even the dreamcast outsold the Ps2 once,it means nothing and the PS4 still ahead with more than 1 million units sold on US,officially now the xbox one loss US and UK.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lostrib

@Jakandsigz said:

@lostrib said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@lostrib said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@lostrib said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@lostrib said:

Wait

I don't think you know what the word confidential means.

you didn't say confidential

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ghostwarrior786

@Phazevariance: haha except they released in the whole of europe not just uk. estimates say 2m sold world wide

Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

No link,and I thought Sony fanboys were bad.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By tormentos

@kingtito said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

That's funny cause my brother managed to buy a PS4 on Black Friday without much of a problem. He also picked up the XOne at the same time.

Funny non of my friend can't find one since launch...

Give it up dude the dam n PS4 is sold out every one knows this,the xbox one even failed to sell all its units on day 1 on US even that fewer than 1 million were ship to US,even day 1 units were still left next day..

The PS4 just destroyed the xbox one on UK,and the rest of EU sales are not even in yet,Germany was crazy over the PS4 as do other places to in Europe.

As of now sony is in the lead in both US and EU.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Jakandsigz said:

@lostrib said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@lostrib said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@lostrib said:

Wait

that's gotta be the worst excuse for "i don't have any evidence im just talking bs" i've ever seen.

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Syn_Valence  Online
Member since 2004 • 2139 Posts

The fact Microsoft has been quiet about U.S sales mean it was that bad

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 tormentos
@Phazevariance said:

Right, cause lets say Sony did 1 million in NA, and 250,000 in UK thats only 1.25 million, gues thats too big of a gap for MS to catch up... or is it?

There is one problem with your numbers,first you are accounting US and UK alone,the PS4 was release in EU including several countries where the xbox one failed to release,so you are not factor in the rest of EU which all combined >>> UK.

So that number could very well be 1.8 millions and not 1.25 like you think.

@Cali3350 said:

If Microsoft broke a million in NA they would announce it. They havent.

This is one point lemming chose to just ignore,no announcement is the biggest give away they are behind sony,which is over 1 million in US now,and probably close to 2 million if we account EU.

@blackace said:

How much is the question 10,000K.?

The xbox one need it 13 countries to sell one million and the numbers mysteriously came before 24 hours,when UK numbers took several days to come by,so did sony numbers for US and canada alone and we are suppose to believe that MS tracked 13 countries in less than 24 hours..lol

Is the reason why several stores in New York had xbox one by the truck even day 1 editions,they shipped 1 million and were to fast to claim sell out to give the impression that the xbox one had the same demand we know it doesn't that UK launch says it all 250k in 48 hours the xbox one its second week end already and is on 170K..Sony leap frog MS in UK in incredible how things change.

They pick the strongest markets to release in all it is left are the weak ones,including Japan where we know the xbox one is dead,and the PS4 will beat it silly,early next year.

Dude EU didn't experience a huge amount of broken units give it a rest not even news site report that crap any more,the fail rate is well under what it should be and you look silly and desperate..hahaha

Is official the PS4 is the new king of US and UK,wait until the other countries start to report.

TF626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TF626
Member since 2010 • 593 Posts

The Xbox is going to sell well in the United States, Microsoft caters well to the US market. Everything about the Xbox One is built in mind of the American consumer. Whether or not Sony overtakes NA it doesn't really matter, because the PS4 also has a pretty respectable user base in the region.

European market will choose Sony, and so will Japan. I don't ever envision Microsoft outselling Sony globally, Sony had some missteps last generation, but clearly made it apparent it is going for the jugular this time.

Either way consumers are going to be lucky, both the PS4 and Xbox One are going to great machines. I just don't plan on buying an Xbox One for a few years.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

@XBOunity said:

@Jakandsigz: yep tormentos and other cows had a breakdown in the other thread. Na knows quality. The wobble and cheapness turned off the most educated consumers on the planet

As an American, I find this really pretentious. Anyway, if that's the case then why did the Xbox 360 win in the US last time? Was RROD "quality"?

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

To be honest, I have only heard a few "official" numbers so far, is there anything else or are we just all speculating?

1. PS4 sold 1 Million in NA, Xbox One sold 1 Million in 13 countries. Both are approx. 1 million in sales.

2. Sony sold 250,000 units in the UK (A record), Microsoft sold 150,000 units.

So from this we are at:

1. Playstation 4: Approx. 1.25 million worldwide

2. Xbox One: Approx. 1.15 million worldwide. (EDIT: 1 million)

Obviously, these numbers aren't accurate entirely because there have been systems sold since launch day in NA and UK for both consoles, but that's what we have officially so far, am I correct?

***EDIT: I counted the Xbox Ones's UK sales as separate from their world launch. My bad. It's only 1 million confirmed sales***

xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@lostrib said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@lostrib said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@lostrib said:

Wait

i giggled @Jakandsigz is not too bright