Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#51 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

The Sony fannies knee jerk reaction is f$%#ing hilarious. Talk about being sensitive.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#52  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

@BassMan: Sure. In the same way that loot, leveling up, exploring, fighting bosses and a medieval setting make Dark Souls a generic RPG.

Thing is.... when I first saw Demon's Souls/Dark Souls.... I didn't think much of the games. They looked like generic medieval RPGs. Then I actually played Dark Souls years later on PC and realized how well crafted the world was, the enemy variety, the distinct areas, the atmosphere, the combat, the fear of getting owned, etc.. It actually nails some of the elements that I like about the old Zelda games with the creativity from the developers. Playing Breath of the Wild didn't surprise me though. It just felt like another open world game with some well done elements and other things done poorly. For the record, I love open world games and Breath of the Wild is a good game. It is just disappointing and nothing special like people make it out to be.

Peasly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#53 Peasly
Member since 2004 • 554 Posts

Sorry you feel that way about the game. Personally i loved it and am planning a replay through when i finish AC: Odyssey.

The trick to using a bow is to get two types of kick arse bow. One that lets you use fire/shock and something else (sorry can't remember the name ages since i played it). The other bow if for damage humans, long range combat..

Anyhow the trick is dodging all the time (in battle) and trying to find the best angle to shoot from. I was excellent in the bandit camps, sniper..

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#54 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8471 Posts

Why oh why? Keep those opinions to yourself TC. You have now angered the herd of cows by insulting one of their deity.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#55 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

It took me only an hour and half of play to figure that out.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

It's an alright game, the gameplay is actually good, the world/characters/protagonist/quest however are quite meh, still its a solid game that just sadly happened to be release so close to BOTW

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

It was shit the first and only time I played it.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#58 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Anyone feel it is about time GS just completely got rid of system wars, every thread within it is complete repetitive garbage time and time again. It serves no purpose than to regurgitate the same crap over and over, this gen has been the worst for it and is now completely dated and needs to be moved on.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@fedor said:

@xhawk27: I disagree, one of the easier games I played this gen. Plenty of people share this opinion with me.

Let me guess you and these "people" played it on easy, as the game is a challenge on the hardest difficulty, not the hardest game mind you, but definitely not easy.

You're opinion is a bit shit.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

Yeah, I didn't like it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

Anyone feel it is about time GS just completely got rid of system wars, every thread within it is complete repetitive garbage time and time again. It serves no purpose than to regurgitate the same crap over and over, this gen has been the worst for it and is now completely dated and needs to be moved on.

Don't like it then you should move on, pretty simple.

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 That_Old_Guy
Member since 2018 • 1233 Posts

It ain’t that bad.

People gonna hiperbowl.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#63 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58306 Posts

I couldn't finish it.

At first, I really loved the hunting mechanic of it; study your prey, set traps, sneak, then finally ambush. Even on easy difficulty (not story, but easy) it was still somewhat challenging; on medium or hard difficulty, every hunt seemed like a test.

But then I realized that the world was crap, the side quests were lame, and so on. It starts off with a bang and it's good for a long while, but ultimately it just could not hold my interest.

Not sure what the big deal is with PS4 exclusives; between Horizon: Zero Dawn and God of War and Infamous and Spider-Man, they don't have any "greatness" to them. Don't get me wrong, they're fun games, but I think the only reason they're hyped is simply because they're the only games of any worth they have.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

HZD and BotW are the 2 most overrated games of this gen. Both are boring as shit. I'd rather watch paint dry than revisit either.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I didn't even know you could still rent game systems. Where did you rent the PS4 OP?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Great game. The NPCs and dialogue are weaksauce in most cases, but the world and game were super fun. If it were to have BotW physics it would have been a game people wouldn't stop talking about for decades

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@i_p_daily: Lol @ thinking it's difficult. That crap ai must've worked you over good.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

That can't be, cows were certain this was the game better than BOTW

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Ya its pretty bad, but cows have lower standards non gamer titles.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

Could never finish the game either. It was a damn good looking game, but for me it was just boring as hell to play.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#72  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Holy sh!t Phantom Dust remaster outscored Days Gone? Lmao

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#73  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

I couldn't finish it.

At first, I really loved the hunting mechanic of it; study your prey, set traps, sneak, then finally ambush. Even on easy difficulty (not story, but easy) it was still somewhat challenging; on medium or hard difficulty, every hunt seemed like a test.

But then I realized that the world was crap, the side quests were lame, and so on. It starts off with a bang and it's good for a long while, but ultimately it just could not hold my interest.

Not sure what the big deal is with PS4 exclusives; between Horizon: Zero Dawn and God of War and Infamous and Spider-Man, they don't have any "greatness" to them. Don't get me wrong, they're fun games, but I think the only reason they're hyped is simply because they're the only games of any worth they have.

well said and I agree with all of this.

I think they get good reviews because they are very polished and have high production values, with stories that are generally well presented and easy to follow (which to be fair are all good things). For some reason that seems to matter more to a lot of critics than actual deep systems and gameplay, the things that make games really fun and addicting. its like Sony cares more about how their games look than they do how they feel to play.

at the end of each year when I decide what games to go back to and play more of, its pretty much never these super high rated PS4 exclusives. I'll play through them once (or in the case on H:ZD, play through half of it and stop due to boredome), generally enjoy my time with them, then never look back.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#74 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

I really liked the story. Like all other Sony exclusives (except BB), it's a one-and-done. I wouldn't call it shit, but I also wouldn't want to play it without the story.

I had to rush at the end to wrap it up though because I could feel myself falling off of it. Game play was fun, but not very deep and you'll easily max out your gear and then the game basically plays itself. Side missions are not very interesting. Aloy was kind of annoying and persistent, but I guess the story doesn't work without her acting like that.

Really like the story though, and uncovering it through the story missions felt rewarding.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

If it was that bad, why'd you decide to play it again? Amazed you finished it the first time around.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Got my complete edition copy waiting for me after graduation. Looks solid.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19571 Posts

HZD offered me nothing. It was a generic Ubisoft-esque title with slightly interesting combat and nice looking grass. I got extremely bored after about 10-15 hours, and never went back to it.

I honestly don't see why people praise it so highly - besides general fanboy blindness, of course.

If I want an open world game with engaging quests, I'd play The Witcher 3.

If I want one with a brilliant world, I'd play BotW.

If I want solid hunting and crafting, I'd play RDR2.

If I want to hunt fantastic giant beasts, I'd play Monster Hunter.

If I want all of the above done in a really average/mediocre way, with no unique hook to it, I'd play HZD (and wish I was playing something better).

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3025 Posts

I loved it.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2929 Posts

Played it, enjoyed it, will not replay it. Game is excellent, not shit. A 8 out of 10. Probably a 9. As is the case with most Sony exclusives, Horizon relies heavily on its story, so replaying the game is not too exciting. The only Sony AAA title I replayed was God of War.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#81 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Random_Matt: nope. SW purpose is to keep fanboys out of dedicated platform forums. Seems it’s still accomplishing that.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

:-P

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

@2mrw said:

When the game is on, it is on but playing the game again showed me it is full of major flaws

for a bow shooter, shooting with the bow feels like shit, it is very clunky, slow and in accurate even with the slow down. It is very frustrating and rarely enjoyable

Menu management is so shit and confusing , 3 or 4 different menus to do simple things, where all could have done in a single menu.

Swapping modifications around the weapons is painful and very complicated and really distracts and interrupts the flow of the game quite often

This game will benefit significantly from a 60 fps game play

Guerrilla game has a long list of improvements they can do with the sequel, lets hope they don't disappoint

I honestly couldn't even finish it, Unfarted 4 or sadly Last of us. Last of Us got stuck and frustrated as ellie holding off the damn whatever you call em in the room. Infuriating!

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#84 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@iambatman7986 said:

I am yet to beat it. Personally I find it repetitive and the tools which show you where everything is going to walk kinda cheapens the idea of figuring out your enemies path. I may get around to finishing it at some point, but it is hard to find the time to devote to a game which isn't grasping like I want it to. I really wanted to love the game too, I hope my next attempt at it will make me see the light that others see in this game. Just my opinion.

same, i got it digitally on sale with the dIc,

good graphics but found it boring, i don't find the combat very fun

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

Wow look, everyone has an opinion and if it is not their opinion it is false. Bunch of grown ass babies. Game was not very good imo. I got past the ceremony and didn't get much further.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts

Because the game is popular on its graphics, not its gameplay.

A pattern with Sony.

Avatar image for deactivated-646b8e74d84bb
deactivated-646b8e74d84bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-646b8e74d84bb
Member since 2003 • 30 Posts

@2mrw:

for a bow shooter, shooting with the bow feels godly, it is very precise, fast and accurate even slowmo. It is very enjoyable.

Menu management is so perfect and on point without clutter, where all is done ina single menu.

Swapping modifications around the weapons is simple and very natural without any distractions to the game whatsoever.

This game could benefit from a 60 fps but isn t must have, nothing game-changing really

Guerrilla game has done a great job. Keep it on!

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#88 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

@i_p_daily:

U struck gold my friend... You have been around here long enough to know I have been a cow for a very long time.

Those new posters are just idiots

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
@with_teeth26 said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

I couldn't finish it.

well said and I agree with all of this.

I think they get good reviews because they are very polished and have high production values, with stories that are generally well presented and easy to follow (which to be fair are all good things). For some reason that seems to matter more to a lot of critics than actual deep systems and gameplay, the things that make games really fun and addicting. its like Sony cares more about how their games look than they do how they feel to play.

at the end of each year when I decide what games to go back to and play more of, its pretty much never these super high rated PS4 exclusives. I'll play through them once (or in the case on H:ZD, play through half of it and stop due to boredome), generally enjoy my time with them, then never look back.

I never understood this about the Uncharted games. Uncharted 2 was pretty streamlined, and some of the action was decent, but you barely controlled much of it. The stealth was awful, and the actual gunplay was okay at best. Yet, it got a 9 everywhere? Because of the story and action? Well, personally, I found the story, setting, and characters to mostly be a copycat of the movie Sahara, and I absolutely hated that movie. Maybe that's why I would have only given Uncharted 2 a 7 at most for score, but how it got a 9 is pretty unbelievable.

I haven't played the new PS4 games, but I assume they are mostly in the same boat. God of War looks interesting, but could never justify putting down 400 bucks to play like 3 games.

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Vaeh
Member since 2016 • 957 Posts

Another Dog play safe and focus on graphics and cinematography first and foremost. Borizon 2, The Last of Lesbian 2... typical playstation market just wants the same thing fed to them over and over again.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#91  Edited By Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

Started second playthrough over the weekend and it still holds up really well. It's also a lot more fun now that I'm playing on hard as opposed to normal. Combat feels good. Melee is limited and shallow but at least they differentiate between quick, weak attack and slow, strong attack. The slow motion does help but your bow can be fairly inaccurate in the beginning before you can get your better weapons with more range and precision. modifications do help, though, even in the beginning. The story falls flat the second time around due to the fact that you already know all of these "secrets" and also due to a lack of any meaningful choices to be made a la Witcher 3. My first time around I gave HZD an 8.5-9/10 and my score still holds up, though

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

Taht's a pretty strong contrary opinion but not necessarily a bad thing.

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3347 Posts

i love every ps4 exclusive i bought but horizon is quite a missed for me. i just couldt get into the game. i doubt il play it again

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10614 Posts

@zaryia:

It still outscored most if not all of your PC and Xbox exclusives. So if HZD is "pretty bad", then what about those other underscoring exclusive of yours?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Why subject yourself to the Bore?

Mighty X1X 4K BC GP MonsterBox will cure all your ills. It's good to be MasterRace. :P

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

Agreed. I like Sony exclusives, but Horizon was horrendous. I didn’t get it. I played through the whole thing (main story; **** no, I’m not doing those side quests) back when everyone was praising it and just couldn’t understand why. It felt like a Ubisoft game with all the icons and the story wasn’t that great either. Very floaty physics too, like the new tomb raider games. Just boring.

Nioh was my 2017 Goty.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

It's because the players are deluded and value (amateur) emotional storytelling and expensive presentation above gameplay. I could live with just my PC and Switch. Ratchet and Clank (PS4) arrived a few days ago. Haven't played it yet. I'll see if that is one of the few exceptions.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10440 Posts

i couldn't finish it but it's by a country mile the best game i've played that utilises that loathsome ubisoft open world style formula. far and away more cohesive, polished and well paced than anything ubi have served up in the past decade. and it shits all over spiderman too

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#99 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

I'd probably play it over an Assassin's Creed game, but that's not saying much.

On how to do an open world game, look at Breath of the Wild. I still think it's funny that the first dev who really nails open world is Nintendo of all devs. And on their first try. xD No idea what the **** Ubisoft has been doing all these years.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8471 Posts

@ermacness said:

@zaryia:

It still outscored most if not all of your PC and Xbox exclusives. So if HZD is "pretty bad", then what about those other underscoring exclusive of yours?

Really? What about those Sony affiliated sites/magazines like Official Playstation Magazine Wakanda giving it 9s, 10s? Will it still outscore if we remove all those inflated scores?