So Are We Just Gonna Ignore This Horrific AMD GPU Launch?

• 70 results
Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

So the RX 6500XT launched. The "budget friendly" GPU from AMD. And well, they did some stuff...

And what about the benchmarks???

Um... What?!?!

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7201 Posts

Yeah, AMD sucks, Nvidia is best.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

Corner cutting describes the GPU market so well

Create more GPUs faster so they can get in the hands of miners/scalpers

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#4 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

Was just reading about it while waiting for the Sortie reset. Had a good chuckle.

Aged like fine unpasteurised milk, that one.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

lmfao, I made a thread about this gpu a while ago. Don't you get the whole point of this card?? It was made for one purpose: So that PC gamers actually have a video card at MSRP or LESS, that won't be scalped to hell and back, or bought in bulk by the miners. This graphics card was lovingly designed by AMD, every single component from the ground up to make it as unappealing as possible to the miners while being decent at medium high 1080p pc gaming. For the most part it succeeds at its entire purpose.

AMD are doing the PC gamers a solid favour with this card, they didn't have to go so far and show such good will, yet you clowns make fun of them. Ungrateful bastards. Do you think pc gamers want to spend $3000 for a gpu?? This gpu makes far more sense at sub $200 and will be in STOCK. Do you realize nvidia is also releasing a "competitor" to this card, the gtx 3050, but that cards specs include 8gb of vram and cost $10 more. Do you really think that nvidia card will stay in stock?? Its like nvidia built another card for the crypto miners and pc scalpers. So its pretty much ANOTHER paper launch on nvidias part, worthless and useless for normal pc gamers.

This radeon 6500xt will make pc gaming great again at 1080p. Mark my words. Thanks AMD.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Fedor  Online
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

Oof, AMD scamming with this trash.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain
Member since 2014 • 56107 Posts

This is extremely shameful by AMD, and this should NOT be in a "gaming" line up. Its not even a media card since it has zero hardware decoding...and we though Nvidia had troubles reading the room with the 3090TI.. guess AMD was like, hold my beer Jensen.

Also, I'm getting sick and tire of both AMD/Nvidia skimping VRAM! Stop doing that shit. 4GB is obviously dead in the water, 6GB barely makes it and while 8GB is still okay for 1440p only, it's starting to show its age like very fast. 10GB should have been the norm for all mid-range GPUs.

Can't wait for Intel Arc GPUs to hopefully shake up the discrete GPU market duopoly...I hope.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@fedor said:

Apparently, we should be thankful for this lol.

PC gaming is in a tough spot. But a card like this is only making things worse. This is gonna push gamers to consoles instead. And for the price, I can’t argue it

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fedor  Online
@goldenelementxl said:
@fedor said:

PC gaming is in a tough spot. But a card like this is only making things worse. This is gonna push gamers to consoles instead. And for the price, I can’t argue it

Yes, very thankful for the RX480 performance at basically the same price 5 years on.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

its out of stock on best buy...but it was selling for $200 so thats a plus. I expect more shipments to arrive and this card will be in stock, just give it a few weeks.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Fedor  Online

Another paper launch too, tsk tsk AMD.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 navyguy21  Online
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

Even more baffling than only having 4GB of VRAM is the limitation of x4 Pcie lanes instead of the traditional x16.

That means on Pcie Gen3 motherboard you are giving up an TON of performance

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 blaznwiipspman1

@fedor said:

pc gamers are THAT desperate, they would buy this card and it would sell out so fast. But I do expect things to settle down in the following weeks.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Fedor  Online

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@fedor said:

pc gamers are THAT desperate, they would buy this card and it would sell out so fast. But I do expect things to settle down in the following weeks.

It's a paper launch, just like all RDNA2 GPU releases have been. Worst GPU launch since the 2GB 960.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17817 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:
@fedor said:

I wouldn't say its making things worse (mainly because it can't really get any worse at the budget end at the moment :S).

At the very least, if you are going to be paying RX 580/GTX 1060 money (which you will if you are out to buy such a card), you may as well get a new card with a warranty that's more power efficient. So in that sense it's a slight improvement (unless you also want more video encode/decode goodies...then look elsewhere). it may also put some downward pressure on second hand GPU prices around the same price points (GTX 1060s, RX 580s and such like).

but yeah. at its MSRP of 200 bucks its still poor (and you are unlikely to get it for that either). It's just a sad reflection of the state of the market. the RX 580 released in 2017 for around 200 bucks (for the 4GB model). now, in 2022, for the same money you can get a card (in theory) with the same performance level. but hey...at least more more power efficient. yipee \s

If it was 100-150 bucks it would be grand for people just looking to do a bit of light 1080P gaming. but 200 bucks is just....well AMD are not exactly being charitable either.

Nvidia don't exactly come out smelling of roses either though. the 3080 12GB is a joke. the 3050 is going to go for farcical money too. It looks like they are just building mining cards for the foreseeable (which, to be fair, they may as well. chip shortage, miners more prepared to buy in bulk for stupid money....why not?).

As i have said in similar threads, unless you REALLY REALLY need a new GPU, don't get one. unless you absolutely need a new PC, hold out. Now is a truly awful time to buy/build a PC. spend some money on games instead...its not like the PC is short on them.

I mean look....PC gamers are now looking to Intel to throw a spanner in the works in the GPU department. so we are screwed until the new fabs come on line AND crypto craps its pants basically (intel have even said they are not going to limit crypto in any way).

I do wish intel all the best though. more competition in the GPU space should be welcomed by all. if i can snap up a high end ARC for 3070 MSRP money i certainly will.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 blaznwiipspman1

@osan0 said:
@goldenelementxl said:
@fedor said:

I wouldn't say its making things worse (mainly because it can't really get any worse at the budget end at the moment :S).

At the very least, if you are going to be paying RX 580/GTX 1060 money (which you will if you are out to buy such a card), you may as well get a new card with a warranty that's more power efficient. So in that sense it's a slight improvement (unless you also want more video encode/decode goodies...then look elsewhere). it may also put some downward pressure on second hand GPU prices around the same price points (GTX 1060s, RX 580s and such like).

but yeah. at its MSRP of 200 bucks its still poor (and you are unlikely to get it for that either). It's just a sad reflection of the state of the market. the RX 580 released in 2017 for around 200 bucks (for the 4GB model). now, in 2022, for the same money you can get a card (in theory) with the same performance level. but hey...at least more more power efficient. yipee \s

If it was 100-150 bucks it would be grand for people just looking to do a bit of light 1080P gaming. but 200 bucks is just....well AMD are not exactly being charitable either.

Nvidia don't exactly come out smelling of roses either though. the 3080 12GB is a joke. the 3050 is going to go for farcical money too. It looks like they are just building mining cards for the foreseeable (which, to be fair, they may as well. chip shortage, miners more prepared to buy in bulk for stupid money....why not?).

As i have said in similar threads, unless you REALLY REALLY need a new GPU, don't get one. unless you absolutely need a new PC, hold out. Now is a truly awful time to buy/build a PC. spend some money on games instead...its not like the PC is short on them.

I mean look....PC gamers are now looking to Intel to throw a spanner in the works in the GPU department. so we are screwed until the new fabs come on line AND crypto craps its pants basically (intel have even said they are not going to limit crypto in any way).

I do wish intel all the best though. more competition in the GPU space should be welcomed by all. if i can snap up a high end ARC for 3070 MSRP money i certainly will.

there would be 0 point for AMD selling this card for $100-$150. The market determines the price, not AMD. If this card is in demand, then the AIBs will raise the price, and if not then AMD will lower the price to make it more appealing. Thats all the msrp is.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
@fedor said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@fedor said:

It's a paper launch, just like all RDNA2 GPU releases have been. Worst GPU launch since the 2GB 960.

it just launched today, so how about we wait and see??

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Fedor  Online

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@fedor said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@fedor said:

No need, I comfortable saying the 6500XT is garbage. It is a fact after all.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
@fedor said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@fedor said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

honestly, you pc gamers need to pray that this gpu does well. I would be watching it carefully to see how well it does. AMD went out of their way to design such a card, a card that has such piss poor mining performance at the hardware level that its not even worth it for miners to buy, but at the same time, its specs are good enough for 1080p med/high gaming.

AMD literally went out of their way to do it, and this is with the crazy level of demand they're experiencing, and how busy they are. They still went and looked after the average pc gamer even though they didn't have to. Where exactly is nvidia? They're hyping up dsl scam like its the next coming of physx and of course happily selling out to the miners. Even their geforce 3050 thats supposed to compete with this 6500xt is practically begging miners to hoard it.

If this card does well, it will motivate AMD and maybe even nvidia and intel to make more such cards. Cards that are practically trash for crypto but reasonable for 1080p gaming. I told you this a bunch of times before, that this card might not be for you, and thats fine. But for the average pc gamer, this is good enough.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Fedor  Online

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@fedor said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@fedor said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

honestly, you pc gamers need to pray that this gpu does well. I would be watching it carefully to see how well it does. AMD went out of their way to design such a card, a card that has such piss poor mining performance at the hardware level that its not even worth it for miners to buy, but at the same time, its specs are good enough for 1080p med/high gaming.

AMD literally went out of their way to do it, and this is with the crazy level of demand they're experiencing, and how busy they are. They still went and looked after the average pc gamer even though they didn't have to. Where exactly is nvidia? They're hyping up dsl scam like its the next coming of physx and of course happily selling out to the miners. Even their geforce 3050 thats supposed to compete with this 6500xt is practically begging miners to hoard it.

If this card does well, it will motivate AMD and maybe even nvidia and intel to make more such cards. Cards that are practically trash for crypto but reasonable for 1080p gaming. I told you this a bunch of times before, that this card might not be for you, and thats fine. But for the average pc gamer, this is good enough.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 blaznwiipspman1

@fedor said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@fedor said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@fedor said:

i know you care...keep up the clown memes though.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Fedor  Online

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@fedor said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@fedor said:

i know you care...keep up the clown memes though.

Cry about it. Scam card is a scam.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17817 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1: Yeah thats true. The market sets the price. my 100-150 remark was more "if things were normal and AMD put this out for that then fair enough". at the moment it would indeed be silly for AMD to charge less than 200. i'm surprised they didn't go for 250 but maybe it really is incredibly crap at mining. still miners must be looking at it thinking "i could buy 4 of them for the price of 1 other decent miner card...could be worth a punt".

It's still a crap card for 200 bucks though. if you bough an RX580 or GTX 1060 back in 2017 and fancied spending 200 bucks on a new GPU, the 6500XT would be completely pointless. its just a sad reflection of the current state of the GPU market. nearly 5 years...no performance improvement in that price bracket. that's just sad.

c'mon intel...give em hell!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

They see massive demand, and just release random garbage knowing it will be sold out.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Fedor  Online
Loading Video...

LMAO!

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

Wow this is even more pathetic than the 3050. “Budget card” and “$200”+ don’t belong in the same sentence.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 blaznwiipspman1

@hardwenzen said:

They see massive demand, and just release random garbage knowing it will be sold out.

this card will be in stock, give it some time. The desperate pc gamers are buying these up right now. You will have your shot to buy this and play stalker.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 blaznwiipspman1

@Postosuchus said:

Wow this is even more pathetic than the 3050. “Budget card” and “$200”+ don’t belong in the same sentence.

the AIB sets the price, not AMD. If theres so much demand for such a card, its all because the crypto miners have been screwing over PC gamers for the past 2 years. This is literally the best card AMD can make without attracting the miners, and for gaming purposes it does its job well.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hardwenzen

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:

this card will be in stock, give it some time. The desperate pc gamers are buying these up right now. You will have your shot to buy this and play stalker.

I would never buy this POS. Only want the 3060ti or the 3700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Its gonna be rare to have a PC gamer that doesn’t have a card better than this in their PC already. And a new gamer would be far better off just buying a console for gaming, and using a Ryzen APU for their PCs until the GPU craze settles down. The 6500 XT is a bad deal. Bad for gaming. It’s too expensive for what it is. And there’s FAR too many features missing.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

@goldenelementxl said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Its gonna be rare to have a PC gamer that doesn’t have a card better than this in their PC already. And a new gamer would be far better off just buying a console for gaming, and using a Ryzen APU for their PCs until the GPU craze settles down. The 6500 XT is a bad deal. Bad for gaming. It’s too expensive for what it is. And there’s FAR too many features missing.

this card is crap for a reason. PC gamers don't need those features that you mention...heck I wouldn't care at this price point. The ryzen apu or console is a good option, but so is this for $200. PC gamers aren't console gamers, they want to game on pc. If the stock accumulates, the price will drop. I expect this card to be in STOCK, and thats all that matters. Eventually the price might even drop to $100, or less.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Fedor  Online

Behold one man desperately trying to convince people the 6500XT isn't a POS.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 blaznwiipspman1

@fedor said:

would you spend $1500 for a 3070 to play stalker2 or $200? The card might even drop to $150 or less.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hardwenzen

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@fedor said:

would you spend $1500 for a 3070 to play stalker2 or $200? The card might even drop to $150 or less.

And you think you will be "playing" stalker2 with that card? With 4gb of memory?🤣

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Fedor  Online
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@fedor said:

The card isn't dropping, you can stop lying about it already. If I needed a GPU I'd just follow stock trackers and would get one at or near MSRP within a couple weeks. Hell, I could go to Ebay right now and get a 3070 for under a thousand. Why do you lie so much? Is it insecurity?

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1: I'm with you dude. Graphics whores look at this thing and just miss the point. Crypto miners can't use it, so it will actually be there for those who want a budget build. It's not trying to set the world on fire, or even impress anyone. It targets a very specific niche, and does what they need it to do.

Same thing happened with the vanilla 1650. Enthusiasts shat all over it's performance, missing the point that it draws power just from the motherboard. It's for people who found an old desktop in their uncle's basement, and just want to stick a gpu in so their kid can play Fortnight. It's not for people who spend more time counting pixels than playing games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@judaspete said:

@blaznwiipspman1: I'm with you dude. Graphics whores look at this thing and just miss the point. Crypto miners can't use it, so it will actually be there for those who want a budget build. It's not trying to set the world on fire, or even impress anyone. It targets a very specific niche, and does what they need it to do.

Same thing happened with the vanilla 1650. Enthusiasts shat all over it's performance, missing the point that it draws power just from the motherboard. It's for people who found an old desktop in their uncle's basement, and just want to stick a gpu in so their kid can play Fortnight. It's not for people who spend more time counting pixels than playing games.

Well what you’re describing, and what the poster you replied to is describing are two different things. Dude said this card was gonna save PC gaming. You’ve described an incredibly small niche consumer that isn’t driving the market in any way. Sure, I’m glad some folks MAY have the opportunity to get their hands on a budget build card. My issue is this same card was available for the same price 5 years ago… What is AMD doing here?!?!

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
@judaspete said:

exactly! Alot of these pc gamers are on their high horse, and buy anything short of a 3080ti. They are not the average pc gamer, the average pc gamer plays fornite and minecraft. And yes, this card is a turd, thats what it was designed to be on purpose by AMD.

Im even being accused of lying lol what the heck. Like you can go into a bestbuy or online newegg and buy a 3080 for MSRP. Talk about delusional.

People here think the crytpo thing is going to get better, but its not...its going to get worse. The reason for that is that crypto is a true to definition ponzi scheme, and people make bank off ponzi schemes. Unregulated ponzi schemes are pretty much a lottery ticket, and the government doesn't even seem like it wants to regulate it. Even a dictator commie contry like china with all its problems sees the ponzi writing on the wall and made it hard for these crypto fanatics. USA is completely different story. Country of hypocrites. We send madoff to jail to die for his role in a ponzi scheme, but the crypto nonsense is 100% ok.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Fedor  Online

@judaspete said:

No, this thing is literally a budget card from 2016, priced the same, with less features.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 blaznwiipspman1

@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@fedor said:

And you think you will be "playing" stalker2 with that card? With 4gb of memory?🤣

i think if you set textures to low, draw distance low and everything else medium, a few settings high, you might be able to pull off 1080p. We won't know for sure until december though.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hardwenzen

@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:
@fedor said:

i think if you set textures to low, draw distance low and everything else medium, a few settings high, you might be able to pull off 1080p. We won't know for sure until december though.

So lets set everything way below of what the ps5/x can achieve and call it a day. I want to play stalker2, not waste the game. And 1080p has some muddy trash visuals, i don't want to play anything in that resolution again.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Fedor  Online
A massive 17 FPS at 1080p Ultra in FC6. What a beast.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#43  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

I don't pay much attention to trash tier GPUs. So, I don't care how bad it is. It just happens to be more shit than expected is all.

Also, this GPU should have its own meme. Instead of "Can it run Crysis?".... "Can it run anything?". LOL

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts
@fedor said:

For additional context, the GTX 1060 launched in July 2016 at $250, and the RX 470 in August 2016 for $180. For the performance, this nearly 6-year older 6500 "XT" is indefensible at $200.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61485 Posts

I saw that they nuked their old blog post criticizing 4GB and had a good chuckle.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

Some good news. One of the versions, the $299 one stayed up for a whole freaking hour before selling out. This is on the first day, so this is a great sign that PC gamers are the ones buying it up.

The funny part is, some guys are scalping this card for $650 on ebay. What a joke.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/amd-radeon-rx-6500-xt-didnt-sell-out-immediately-probably-because-few-want

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1001 Posts

I pity the fool who buys this pos. Think I still have my gt 710 kicking around somewhere, might get $150 on ebay from some sucker.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DaVillain
Member since 2014 • 56107 Posts

I really hate seeing AMD do this to themselves with this GPU approach and they know better than that! The RX 6500 XT makes the GTX 970 look more badass in comparison lol.

Also, I stole this from Reddit:

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1845 Posts
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

lmfao, I made a thread about this gpu a while ago. Don't you get the whole point of this card?? It was made for one purpose: So that PC gamers actually have a video card at MSRP or LESS, that won't be scalped to hell and back, or bought in bulk by the miners. This graphics card was lovingly designed by AMD, every single component from the ground up to make it as unappealing as possible to the miners while being decent at medium high 1080p pc gaming. For the most part it succeeds at its entire purpose.

AMD are doing the PC gamers a solid favour with this card, they didn't have to go so far and show such good will, yet you clowns make fun of them. Ungrateful bastards. Do you think pc gamers want to spend $3000 for a gpu?? This gpu makes far more sense at sub $200 and will be in STOCK. Do you realize nvidia is also releasing a "competitor" to this card, the gtx 3050, but that cards specs include 8gb of vram and cost $10 more. Do you really think that nvidia card will stay in stock?? Its like nvidia built another card for the crypto miners and pc scalpers. So its pretty much ANOTHER paper launch on nvidias part, worthless and useless for normal pc gamers.

This radeon 6500xt will make pc gaming great again at 1080p. Mark my words. Thanks AMD.

Just use Google Stadia or Geforce Now for 1080p streaming. 200 bucks will buy some 2 years of their premium subscription services. Hell, Google Stadia can even do 4k 60fps streaming, and Geforce Now provides full Ray Tracing support at 1080p. Both choices will provide better gaming experience than that cheep-ass GPU.

1080p PC Gaming is DEAD

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts

@davillain said:

This is extremely shameful by AMD, and this should NOT be in a "gaming" line up. Its not even a media card since it has zero hardware decoding...and we though Nvidia had troubles reading the room with the 3090TI.. guess AMD was like, hold my beer Jensen.

Also, I'm getting sick and tire of both AMD/Nvidia skimping VRAM! Stop doing that shit. 4GB is obviously dead in the water, 6GB barely makes it and while 8GB is still okay for 1440p only, it's starting to show its age like very fast. 10GB should have been the norm for all mid-range GPUs.

Can't wait for Intel Arc GPUs to hopefully shake up the discrete GPU market duopoly...I hope.

Yeah is VRAM really that much harder to make than say DDR4 or DDR5 RAM?

It seems like Nvidia and AMD are purposefully gimping VRAM on cards so the card would be obsolete faster and you'd be more inclined to buy a new one faster.