So about the whole "Scorpio will cost $599-$799" thing......

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

Did Cows just "decide" by themselves that Scorpio's price point would be $599 (or anything higher than $399, for that matter), even after Phil Spencer's comments a few months ago? Even before Phil Spencer's comments, the meme was even as high as $699-799.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/03/dont-worry-about-xbox-scorpios-price-says-phil-spencer

I've seen that $599 number stated matter-of-factly by cows, and even some non cows. I dont think its ever been made clear where anyone who arrived at that number deduced that information from any suggestion given by Phil Spencer's statements.

Was this $599 price point ever substantiated by anything? Or was it just entirely made from whole cloth?

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

Avatar image for deactivated-587acdd100f19
deactivated-587acdd100f19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-587acdd100f19
Member since 2008 • 908 Posts

All I know is posters are saying the Scorpio is gonna be $399 with all that power, and the Nintendo Switch without all that power is gonna be $399. Somebody is wrong as ****.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I said between $499-$599 if they don't decide skipping on the cpu or other important parts. But if the PS4 Slim is $200 by the time Scorpio comes out, they'll have to take a bigger loss and sell it for under $500. I don't see it being sold under $449.99.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Personally I hope the Scorpio is like 199.99, because it has to be pretty embarrassing for MS and lemmings to be 20mill + behind the ps4.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

They're latched onto Phil Spencer saying that the console is a "premium product" and completely ignored everything else he's said relevant to expected pricing. They have come to these price conclusions not because that's what it's likely to launch at, but rather because that is what they want it to launch at because they're scared of it.

They want it to fail in any way possible so they've delusionally convinced themselves that it has to be priced out of the market and competition to feel better about the reality that it's coming.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

@dynamitecop said:

They're latched onto Phil Spencer saying that the console is a "premium product" and completely ignored everything else he's said relevant to expected pricing. They have come to these price conclusions not because that's what it's likely to launch at, but rather because that is what they want it to launch at because they're scared of it.

They want it to fail in any way possible so they've delusionally convinced themselves that it has to be priced out of the market and competition to feel better about the reality that it's coming.

Spot on

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@dynamitecop: So you're taking the delusional fanboy look at things, that people are afraid of the Scorpio lol. Oh god I love this place.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dynamitecop

@vfighter said:

@dynamitecop: So you're taking the delusional fanboy look at things, that people are afraid of the Scorpio lol. Oh god I love this place.

Afraid relative to the reality of their state of existence going forward in a place like this, they were riding high and are on the verge of losing that.

This isn't hard to understand if you possess basic thinking abilities.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-587acdd100f19

@vfighter said:

Don't even bother with the blow-each-other-bros. A small group of over-zealous fanboys who think if you don't constantly lick Xbox One's dick, you are a cow. They all have the same mentality: power, guns, muscle men, graphics, online.

Nintendo is right in telling that group to continue blowing themselves. They don't matter.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

It will be $399 since it is another console designed to be cheap like the original Xbox One was. Then theyll release a stronger cheap Scorpio S for $299. They want you to do like Iphone and just keep trading your device in every few years.

Sony will do the same as consumers dont mind it. Scorpio will be more powerful than Pro and Pro+ will be more powerful than Scorpio. Than Scorpio S will surpass Pro+.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

I guess is base upon philly boy from MS called a premium product. Xbox one launch at $499 and ms never called a premium product so $599 and up make sense.

And lol at the fear at Scorpio lol.. What a fan boy crap..

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Truth is that nobody gives a fizuck about "Scorpio" or any other pipe dreams Lemmings swear to God are gonna save their dying video game brand.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@Pray_to_me: I hope both upgrades bring more to PC.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@StrongDeadlift said:

Did Cows just "decide" by themselves that Scorpio's price point would be $599 (or anything higher than $399, for that matter), even after Phil Spencer's comments a few months ago? Even before Phil Spencer's comments, the meme was even as high as $699-799.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/03/dont-worry-about-xbox-scorpios-price-says-phil-spencer

I've seen that $599 number stated matter-of-factly by cows, and even some non cows. I dont think its ever been made clear where anyone who arrived at that number deduced that information from any suggestion given by Phil Spencer's statements.

Was this $599 price point ever substantiated by anything? Or was it just entirely made from whole cloth?

Vega 10's 12.5 TFLOPS / 2 is 6.25 TFLOPS...

Scorpio's GPU is roughly half of Vega 10 which is similar to current Polaris 10's chip size.

PS4 Pro's GPU size is similar to Polaris 10. Lowest Polaris 10 SKU with the worst working chip quality is RX-470D with 4.5 TFLOPS. Game consoles are built with the worst working chip quality since different SKU levels within the same chip design is not possible for game consoles.

Cows has failed to understand that AMD's mainstream Polaris 10 class SKUs has improved over time.

Polaris' 2.5X perf/watt over PS4's 1.84 TFLOPS is 4.6 TFLOPS which can contain PS4 Pro's 4.2 TFLOPS FP32.

Vega's 4X perf/watt over PS4's 1.84 TFLOPS is 7.3 TFLOPS which can contain Scorpio's 6 TFLOPS FP32.

Vega 10 with 64 CU and 12.5 TFLOPS target will need ~1.53 Ghz clock speed.

Vega is AMD's Pascal class perf/watt part.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

@Ghost_Dub said:
@vfighter said:

Don't even bother with the blow-each-other-bros. A small group of over-zealous fanboys who think if you don't constantly lick Xbox One's dick, you are a cow. They all have the same mentality: power, guns, muscle men, graphics, online.

Nintendo is right in telling that group to continue blowing themselves. They don't matter.

So EVERY SINGLE XBOX gamer have the same mentality, huh?

What about PS4 gamers and their freaky weird fetishes on JRPGs floppy Emo hairstyle Effeminate "dudes" and J-pop girls in school uniforms, and those Pikachu freaky looking cutesy monsters?

See we can play the same labeling game all day.

GTFO. Why single out the entire XBOX community? COD is heavily centered NOW on the PS4 with Activision's time exclusive deals and a vast majority of Western Centric games are on PS4, catering to those vast majority of Western Gamers. You seem to imply that a vast majority of PS4 users are JRPG fanatics, which is completely the opposite. Especially how Western Centric the PS4 is heavily marketed as: Social and Online, GTA-FPS type games flourish on the platform and you still have your "sports-bro" Madden/NBA2k gamers.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Cows don't take into effect the fact that hardware prices fluctuate and go down over time.

a year from now, price of hardware will be cheaper, so scorpio should drop down with that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-587acdd100f19

Just stop blowing the dude that everybody hates here. You guys support each other even when you act like complete morons.

A lot of us don't give a **** about Scorpio. We don't want it, aren't interested in it, but every day we have to read bullshit comments about being butthurt by some unknown system, just because it allegedly will have all this power.

Understand that some of us don't care about power, and just because some cows act like morons, there's no need to accuse EVERY SINGLE PERSON who isn't interested in Scorpio, doesn't care about Scorpio, questions it's potential greatness, of being "scared" of it and all that idiocy. Normal people are tired of that over-used shtick already.

Save it for the brain dead cows who are interested in that nonsensical back and forth.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

Xbox fanboys are actually the worst. Even the Nintendo Switch thread has pages of posts about "Scorpio" specs. FFS, the thing doesn't even have an official engineer's report!

It's a f***ing year away. If all you can talk about is a console that is going to be released at the end of 2017, how is everyone "lol scared" of it? How do you have any discussion about video games when everything is "you're scared/butthurt?" Apparently it is going to do "true 4k" and all this; It's nothing but pure hype, and most of us do not give a f*** or even want it. We want games. I am going to be playing video games for that entire year, and so will everyone else. If you want to wait for a year, good for you.

It really reminds my of why, after more than a decade, I refrained from making an account here until now.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@VERTIGO47: Holy crap is he the model for child Nathan drake in Uncharted 4?

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@ronvalencia: Please STFU.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-587acdd100f19

@mazuiface said:

Xbox fanboys are actually the worst. Even the Nintendo Switch thread has pages of posts about "Scorpio" specs. FFS, the thing doesn't even have an official engineer's report!

It's a f***ing year away. If all you can talk about is a console that is going to be released at the end of 2017, how is everyone "lol scared" of it? How do you have any discussion about video games when everything is "you're scared/butthurt?" Apparently it is going to do "true 4k" and all this; It's nothing but pure hype, and most of us do not give a f*** or even want it. We want games. I am going to be playing video games for that entire year, and so will everyone else. If you want to wait for a year, good for you.

It really reminds my of why, after more than a decade, I refrained from making an account here until now.

All this. Lemmings are really going over board with this nonsense, and going after those of us who'd rather not engage in the seriousness of Sony vs Microsoft war. I haven't posted here in years, but somehow the "war" has become even pettier than ever before.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dynamitecop

@mazuiface said:

Newsflash, you can still continue to play games and talk about a forthcoming system which said games you're playing right now and over the next 11 months or less will all work on said coming system.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Great, put better components into the system and charge a little more than the standard, sick of under powered CPU's and Gpu's in consoles.

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

Itll likely be $399 at most. Technology gets cheaper by the week, and I'd like to think both companies have finally learned about shit pricing.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@sailor232 said:

Great, put better components into the system and charge a little more than the standard, sick of under powered CPU's and Gpu's in consoles.

Scorpio's 362 mm^2 size chip can contain full Polaris 10 36 CU GPU + full 8 core AMD RYZEN** CPUs.

**RYZEN includes Northbridge, 128 bit Memory Controllers and South Bridge (without physical I/O chips).

Scorpio could have 8 core RYZEN with lower clock speed and reduced L3 cache.

Polaris 10 36 CU GPU includes 256 bit Memory Controllers.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

The only way Scorpio is $399 is if Microsoft takes a huge loss on the hardware. Seeing as how Microsoft likes money and has been giving Xbox Ones away for some time now, I think it's safe to say Scorpio will be $499 at a minimum. List the specs, components and do the math. $399 isn't happening. $499 isn't even likely.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KEND0_KAP0NI
Member since 2016 • 1231 Posts

The Scorpio could be $199, I still wouldnt give a shit.

I dont have a 4K TV and nothing on the XBOX side of gaming interest me.

the XBOX brand has become as irrelevant as the Nintendo brand is to most gamers these days.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Can we all just stop talking about Scorpio for a while and wait until MS release it's specs/price before we all apeshit over it.

There's only one thing certain about the Scorpio right now, and that is the cows can't stop damage controlling it even though they say they aren't scared of it lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

@Juub1990 said:

@VERTIGO47: Holy crap is he the model for child Nathan drake in Uncharted 4?

LOL, no. That's child actor Fred Savage from the film: The Wizard (1989) a film about a video game competition. I haven't seen it in more than 25 years. He was also in the ABC series "The Wonder Years", about a child growing up in the 1960s suburban America.

It was also in that film THE POWER GLOVE was first introduced, before it was mass marketed. From my experience in 6th grade, NES fanboys at the time were rubbing that peripheral in Sega fans' faces (myself included) back in the day, LOL.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

I don't think it'll be as pricey as people think, the tech will go down in price and I think that's why Microsoft is waiting until later in 2017 to release it so that it's affordable. Personally I have no illusions it'll allow MS to play catch-up, I'm just psyched by what it will offer to me. Native Xbox 360 backwards compatibility will be pretty sweet if they deliver on that, there's quite a catalog there of games that should not be forgotten. Their focus on that too makes me feel better hoping that they move onto their next proper generation transition with the idea of backwards compatibility and its importance in mind. It's also exciting that companies have been making games lately and hopefully are already planning updates for it, like Red Dead Redemption 2, and I hope EA who is usually pretty MS friendly has an update to Mass Effect Andromeda when the Scorpio releases.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By deactivated-587acdd100f19

@kend0_kap0ni said:

the XBOX brand has become as irrelevant as the Nintendo brand is to most gamers these days.

You'd have to be one hell of a blind fanboy to actually believe that crap.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KEND0_KAP0NI
Member since 2016 • 1231 Posts

@Ghost_Dub said:
@kend0_kap0ni said:

whats hard to believe? I dont own a 4k tv... thats a fact...

Im not interested in HaloGearsForza...

why care for the Scorpio imo?

If Nintendo came out with a more powerful console than the supposed powerful Scorpio, what good is that to me? I dont care for Zelda Mario Kart or Smash.

Its not fanboism, I critize Sony all the time and call their bullshit. And if they start slipping with thier games and consoles, I have no problem jumping to something else. Luckily they are holding up pretty decently now.... now... cuz the last 3 years was pretty crappy, it just so happened that it was just as crappy or even worse on the other systems as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-587acdd100f19

@kend0_kap0ni said:
@Ghost_Dub said:
@kend0_kap0ni said:

whats hard to believe? I dont own a 4k tv... thats a fact...

Im not interested in HaloGearsForza...

why care for the Scorpio imo?

If Nintendo came out with a more powerful console than the supposed powerful Scorpio, what good is that to me? I dont care for Zelda Mario Kart or Smash.

Its not fanboism, I critize Sony all the time and call their bullshit. And if they start slipping with thier games and consoles, I have no problem jumping to something else. Luckily they are holding up pretty decently now.... now... cuz the last 3 years was pretty crappy, it just so happened that it was just as crappy or even worse on the other systems as well.

Ok, it's you being a casual... my bad.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

@Ghost_Dub: and by casual you mean not a blind retarded fan boy?

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

It's just uninformed users. It's always the same. If a system looks powerful, it has to be really expensive. if a handheld looks powerful, the battery will only last minutes. And PC costs $3000 all 6 months. Just ignore them :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By deactivated-587acdd100f19

@djoffer: There's nothing wrong with being a casual gamer, but what he was saying is more in fitting with your description. Only a delusional fanboy couldn't find something good to play on every system out these days.

I was not being serious in my last comment to him.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#38 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I think the scorpio will attract lots of casual gamers which is fine because I'm one of them.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

The only way Scorpio is $399 is if Microsoft takes a huge loss on the hardware. Seeing as how Microsoft likes money and has been giving Xbox Ones away for some time now, I think it's safe to say Scorpio will be $499 at a minimum. List the specs, components and do the math. $399 isn't happening. $499 isn't even likely.

The only logical post here from an xbox fan, lol can you please talk some sense into your borthers and..

@StrongDeadlift said:

The funny and hypocritical portion of this post be spotted here:

"Did cows just "decide" by themselves that Scorpio's price point would be...anything higher than $399"

Ha..haha...hahaha that is the part of your thread where you're entire argument just tanked and for someone screaming "cow" throughout his OP (which is against TOS not fanboy wars clown) you prove just how much of a blind lemming you are on the matter because.......

1. Did lemmings "decide by THEMSELVES that Scorpio's price point would be $399 or lower?

By trying to challenge the notion that the system wouldn't be anything higher than $399...YOU are also "deciding" a price point LEMMING but the price point you are trying to suggest does not make logical sense compared to people who suggest higher price points.

2. Cow's didn't simply "decided" what Scorpios price point would be lemming (because different people have different opinions of what they think it will be) but we did get a shock absorber from Phil Spencer on the topic that DOES validate any and all price points north of $399...

Phil Spencer,"Xbox Scorpio is a premium product at a premium price"

Xbox Project Scorpio Price: Phil Spencer Confirms It Will Cost More Than The One S

"...you can expect the Xbox Project Scorpio price to be more than that of theXbox One S at $399 for the 2TB launch edition.However, this means that it will also be more expensive than the 1TB PlayStation 4 Pro at $399.99, which is a more powerful console than the One S. So what does this mean for the Xbox Project Scorpio price?

High-end gaming at a premium price"

http://www.valuewalk.com/2016/11/xbox-project-vs-xbox-one-s-price/

The fact is ANY logical person can conclude from the statements from the xbox head that YES lemming the price point will be more than $399...according to MS head.

Now tell us who told you lemmings that PREMIUM PRICE = the same thing as the STANDARD price of new consoles that have already been released this generation????????????

I expect no logical answer to this question from lems because to be honest, there isn't one.

LMAO at the stupidity of this thread, "Did...did cows just "decide" by themselves what Scorpio's price point would be"....

Thread fail! No lem, most people with a working brain came to the conclusion Scorpio would be more than $399, the price which you lems were screaming the system would be which everyone with an IQ over 70 disagreed with because the of reasons stated above.

TL;DR version:

THERE IS NO POINT IN SAYING SCORPIO IS GOING TO BE RELEASED AT A PREMIUM PRICE...IF IT'S ONLY GOING TO COST AT THE STANDARD PRICE OF THE LAST 2 GENERATIONS!

lems let that bit of logic sink into you're nuggets for a little while lol.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

It all depends what cpu is in there, if it has the same cpu as the ps4 pro, it will be 100$ more expensive at worst. If it packs a high end cpu, it could cost 600$, who know, but I doubt ms is going to release it at that price point, 600$ doesn't work, the ps3 showed us that, even with inflation, 600$ will be a though sell.

Ms has the money to sell the scorpio without any profit even with a loss. So my guess is the scorpio will be no more than 500$ , probably even less. By next year the pro could cost 350$, the ps4 220, so the scorpio could release at 450$ easily.

nygamespotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 nygamespotter
Member since 2016 • 523 Posts

@dynamitecop said:

Pretty much.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@kend0_kap0ni said:

We've seen that on Black Friday, and the last few NPD months...

Scorpio will be 399-499, but definitely not more, or less.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

@silversix_:

If the slim is $200 then that determine anything with the Scorpio at all, that's what the xbox S is for. Scropio isn't really a counterpart to the slim, it's going to be against the Pro and in all likelihood that will be $350 at that time, maybe even $300.

I think it will be $500 though, anything above that and it ain't sell as well.

Sphensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Sphensen
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

all I know is that Scorpio will have the biggest number and thus will be the greatest console and logically will be the #1 seller, because powwah!!

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

No controller $449.99... with controller $479.99. You heard it here first. :P

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Hmmm. I still remember when GDDR5 was the best thing ever. ;)

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 silversix_

@Juub1990 said:

@ronvalencia: Please STFU.

hahahahahahaha

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 silversix_

@goldenelementxl said:

what happened to your account?

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

No controller $449.99... with controller $479.99. You heard it here first. :P

lol that's not exactly a premium price but it's more probably than many of your other xbox bothers who think it'll be $399 in any why shape or form lol.

Personally I see two models, a standard $499 model and another super premium model for $599.

Neither of those are console prices that we've "never seen before" which are the words that Phil Spencer use to describe what to expect from Scorpio in terms of pricing.

I'll go as far as saying the Scorpio WON'T be higher than $599 for the very same reasons that I say it won't be $399. "Its going to be a premium console at a premium price, but not at a price point we've never seen before", Phil Spencer.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20104 Posts

@StrongDeadlift said:

I think most statements about pricing have been predictions and assumptions based on the little that we know. I don't think anyone was claiming their assumption was confirmed or fact. If they did, then they're fools.