Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8445 Posts

@Alexander2cents said:

@jg4xchamp: oh no. How dare i want some kinda change in Bayonetta. I wished at some point there would be more openness to these games.

Can you engage in a discussion without boasting such a victim complex? Lol it's just games yo, not a conversation about you.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#52 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@madsnakehhh:

That sucks major. Sounds like this is the Ninja Gaiden 3 of the Bayonnetta games. I haven't played it yet myself but I plan on it eventually. I hope it's fun, at least.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#53 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70026 Posts

Sounds like I didn't miss much with Bayonetta 3. I wasn't sold on the trailers. Bayonetta 2 addressed some issues I had with the first but it downgraded many other elements. Now the third looked too "interrupty" for my liking and it seems like that concern was legit.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3459 Posts

@Pedro: "interrupty" is an excellent way to put it.

Viola is a pretty terrible character too. Straight from Scallebound and it doesn't play great.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18257 Posts

@nepu7supastar7: don't worry, is still pretty fun with plenty of things to do. Gameplay is superb and there are some really epic battles, it just not as good as I thought it could be due to some design choices.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 nepu7supastar7

@madsnakehhh:

Still, hearing that it favors more for a cinematic experience concerns me. I always played Bayonnetta for random fun and what always got me back was the amount of things there were to do and stuff to unlock. I conquered 1 and 2 and was hoping that 3 was going to give me more of that.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18257 Posts

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@madsnakehhh:

Still, hearing that it favors more for a cinematic experience concerns me. I always played Bayonnetta for random fun and what always got me back was the amount of things there were to do and stuff to unlock. I conquered 1 and 2 and was hoping that 3 was going to give me more of that.

Yeah, lot of cinematic set pieces, especially in the first levels, it does get tiresome at times since you just want a regular level with just a bunch of enemies to fight and there are good sections of pure action, but they are far and between compared to the previous ones.

Avatar image for Alexander2cents
Alexander2cents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#58  Edited By Alexander2cents  Online
Member since 2012 • 712 Posts

@jaydan: ok then Bayonetta 3 should have been open world.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#59  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@jg4xchamp: Yes, I am so incompetent at Nioh that I beat almost every single boss I faced on the first time. What's your next excuse? the game isn't hard, its combat is just extremely mediocre next to Sekiro. but of course in your peanut sized brain you think not liking its inferior combat means I died a lot or did not able to progress.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Mozelleple112

@ConanTheStoner: Yeah I am not going to play an old game. that's why remasters and remakes are good thing. and I have 30+ hours in Nioh and 20+ hours in Nioh 2. That's probably not even half way in either of them. The Ki system is just annoying (as in boring, not hard, I can easily do it) and there are zero satisfying mechanics like a mikiri counter or a lightning reversal. I just mash buttons and frequently check my Ki as half way fall asleep. I paused my runs of Nioh to try out Sekiro and I end up beating Sekiro 5+ times. Nioh didn't make me want to finish and going back to a similar but worse game was a turn off.

Sekiro on the other hand is super tight and intense as ****. Even after beating it 4 times and going on no death runs, it still brings up a sweat and makes you completely immersed. God of War too. None of this arcade-y bullshit that fees like its from 2005.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Mozelleple112

@Litchie: Cringe for not having a low standard? Not surprised coming from the guy with the most garbage taste in video games. You make Ghost look insightful.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#62 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70026 Posts

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#63 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19643 Posts

Haven't played Bayo 3. But one thing I didn't like about Bayo 1 are the disruptive cutscenes that interrupt the gameplay. It's nowhere near as bad as Sony games in that regard, but I did find it a bit intrusive for what was otherwise a great action game.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39436 Posts

@Jag85 said:

Haven't played Bayo 3. But one thing I didn't like about Bayo 1 are the disruptive cutscenes that interrupt the gameplay. It's nowhere near as bad as Sony games in that regard, but I did find it a bit intrusive for what was otherwise a great action game.

If these games had the budget Sony games have, you can bet your ass it'd be worse.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#65 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34699 Posts
@Mozelleple112 said:

@Litchie: Cringe for not having a low standard? Not surprised coming from the guy with the most garbage taste in video games. You make Ghost look insightful.

Wow. So wrong and so angry. xD

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#66 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7224 Posts

@Jag85: Yeah, Sony games are so freakin annoying. I would have gave GoW Ragnarok a higher score if it werent for all the stupid hand holding and interruptions to the gameplay. I understand why reviewers like that crap, its easy money, but im not surprised gamers get annoyed. Thats why its rated so low by gamers. Its the Skyward Sword of the GoW series.

I rated it a 7/10. Wouldnt play again...unless you paid me too ;)

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23719 Posts
@Mozelleple112 said:

@ConanTheStoner: Yeah I am not going to play an old game. that's why remasters and remakes are good thing.

As I thought. Weird to me, but your prerogative.

Just stands to reason, probably best not to shit on games you never played. Come off looking wildly ignorant. I don't care that you like Sekiro better than X game. Just weird when you have these off the mark takes based on... absolutely nothing.

-

And no, you can't mindlessly mash in Nioh and progress. Don't know who you're trying to fool here. Anybody who has played those games can attest to that. Fine if you don't like the combat in Nioh. By all means, criticize the combat system, illustrate what you don't like about it. Support your opinions with some substance, not lies.

I just mash buttons and frequently check my Ki as half way fall asleep.

My man, Ki Pulse/Flux is a constant. Not some bar you periodically check, it's hard woven into the combo system and stance switching. Has timing windows within strings that *gasp* preclude one from mashing.

-

See, you don't have to make things up about other games to prop up the games you like. No need to be insecure like that, reminds me of Wenzen and his weird thing with BotW.

Especially funny with all the times you shit on Souls (having not played them), only to turn around and become king Souls dork when you got a taste.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ConanTheStoner  Online

@Jag85 said:

Doesn't bug me much, Platinum puts a quick skip function in all their games. Instantaneously, no cutscene. Seems they understand how much it would drag down replayability otherwise.

It's the gimmick sections that drag these games down a bit for me. Can't skip those, they factor into ranking, usually have little to nothing to do with the games core mechanics. Often times just playing a pared down version of an arcade classic.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Jag85
@jg4xchamp said:
@Alexander2cents said:

I find Bayonetta's gameplay highly outdated. Can we stop the hack and slash game where the camera is 10 meters from the character, floaty controls, bad platforming, and bad AI? Its so repetitive.

Having to play a video game is outdated, absolute state

Back to the Future was right about modern gamers...

Loading Video...

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Jag85
@ConanTheStoner said:

Doesn't bug me much, Platinum puts a quick skip function in all their games. Instantaneously, no cutscene. Seems they understand how much it would drag down replayability otherwise.

It's the gimmick sections that drag these games down a bit for me. Can't skip those, they factor into ranking, usually have little to nothing to do with the games core mechanics. Often times just playing a pared down version of an arcade classic.

True, can be skipped on repeat playthroughs. But I remember finding it a bit annoying at first, at least earlier in the game. On the flip side, I quite liked the arcade throwbacks.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ConanTheStoner  Online
@Jag85 said:

On the flip side, I quite liked the arcade throwbacks.

Figured someone must or they wouldn't keep making them. 😂

Some are ace, really liked the Punch Out sequence in TW101 for example. And the Bayo games Space Harrier bits, eh. They're alright, just drag on abit much.

I wouldn't mind them so much if they were exclusively self contained chapters. Majority of my time with these games is obviously spent on the replays. Sucks when you have a chapter with great encounters, but have to replay these arcade riffs each time.

Bayo 1 Jeanne fight is one of the best bosses in action gaming, but... Space Harrier lead up every single time lol.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8445 Posts
@Alexander2cents said:

@jaydan: ok then Bayonetta 3 should have been open world.

And why should it have? You're asking the series to be something it has never been. Go play Nier Automata if you want open world Platinum.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Mozelleple112

@ConanTheStoner: I don't know why you think that it is. It is pretty common not wanting to play PS2-PS3 era games in 2022. I recently purchased the ME legendary edition and ME1, a game I loved back in the day (but vaguely remember shitting on the combat / gameplay even then 15 years ago) is pretty much unplayable today.

I loved God of War (2005) 17 years ago, but even trying the Gow3 PS4 remaster I was like eh. Not nearly as good as I remembered. Games age, you know. Would love a 2005 God of War remake though. its gameplay was stupidly fun in 2005 but today's standard it is outdated and no where near the quality of Sekiro or the two latest GOW games.

Also, I need to exaggerate because you guys some reason cannot understand a very simple concept.

How else do I explain to you guys that Nioh, Bayonetta, etc feels extremely videogame-y, cheap, extremely arcade-y and meaningless? like the enemies are dumb and passive? As in it doesn't even matter what you do cause you can just win anyways? no need to parry or dodge or do specific counters so many options that anything just works so you do not have to carefully plan anything. just loads of bullshit moves. Variety is probably the most overrated concept in gaming. Less is more.

while Sekiro, God of War etc feels immersive, weighty, tight, precise, satisfying, adrenaline rushing and intense like you are actually standing there with your katana or axe fighting something that can kill you. I'm not going to use the word realistic because there is nothing realistic about an immortal god slicing and tearing giants/trolls/titans in half. But you do get my point, right?

And I did say Ki was something you do frequently, as in... all the time. It's not satisfying, it's not hard, it's just boring mechanic. I stood there fighting Yukai guys wondering where the hell my supremely satisfying mikiri counters were. or how cool it would be if I could lightning reversal some of those enemies' projectiles

Don't even bother with the "its too much for you", because it isn't. the bosses and enemies weren't even hard. Its like me saying riding a horse or walking slowly is too hard for you in The Last of Us or Red Dead II. (assuming you are one of those that complain about "movie games" having hand holding moments.)

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Jag85
@ConanTheStoner said:

Figured someone must or they wouldn't keep making them. 😂

Some are ace, really liked the Punch Out sequence in TW101 for example. And the Bayo games Space Harrier bits, eh. They're alright, just drag on abit much.

I wouldn't mind them so much if they were exclusively self contained chapters. Majority of my time with these games is obviously spent on the replays. Sucks when you have a chapter with great encounters, but have to replay these arcade riffs each time.

Bayo 1 Jeanne fight is one of the best bosses in action gaming, but... Space Harrier lead up every single time lol.

I'm a big Space Harrier fan! I sometimes still play it from time to time. So that was a cool addition for me.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Jag85

@Mozelleple112:

Bruv, I still play old games from way back in the '80s and '90s to this day... The problem isn't that old games age. The problem is that the old games you mentioned were flawed to begin with. The gameplay of God of War and Mass Effect were bad-to-mediocre even back in the 2000s. But you ignored the gameplay flaws back then because you were mesmerized by the cinematics and QTEs. Now that the cinematics and QTEs have aged, you've finally recognized the gameplay flaws that were always there.

The same does not hold true for actual well-made action games from that era, e.g. Devil May Cry 3, Ninja Gaiden Black, and Bayonetta. They still remain the gold standard for action games to this day. And that's because they had strong gameplay foundations to begin with.

Arcadey games have the best gameplay. That's why Streets of Rage 4, an arcadey throwback to the '90s, is my game of the generation. Same goes for arcadey action games like DMC and Bayonetta, or fighting games like Street Fighter and Tekken.

Sounds to me like you just don't like the idea of playing games to have fun, but care more about "immersion"... Personally, I couldn't care less about immersion. I play games to have fun, not be "immersed" in some cinematic bullshit. If I wanted to be "immersed" in something cinematic, I could just go watch a movie or Netflix show.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Mozelleple112

@Jag85: You make some fair points, but Devil May Cry (2001) is also one of my favourite games of all time, and I did try the PS3 (or was it PS4?) Remaster and boy was that rough. In my memories, DMC1 played very much like DMC3 which I also remembered to play exactly as smoothly and fluid as DMC5. But I swear the only combo you can do is hyuh, hyuh HYUUUH on repeat with your sword. and some sloppy ass shooting inbetween. Not at all how I remembered the gameplay. I literally thought you had all the movesets of DMC5 pretty much.

DMC1's combat in 2020 (or whenever I tried it) was pretty god damn mediocre.

I also enjoyed MW1 and MW2 in '07 and '09 for nothing other than their ridiculously fun gameplay. According to every one here at SW, COD is the exact same game every single year has not changed since 2007. Have you tried playing the original (non remastered!) COD from 2007? Its pretty fucking garbage in 2022 lol. COD has evolved massively over 15 years (which shouldn't be a surprise)

Its not just movie games... It applies to all games. Don't get me started on MGS1, MGS2 and MGS3... Which why I desperately want a remake.

The only 12+ year old game I have played that hasn't aged a day is MGS4. 10/10 in 2008 and 10/10 in 2022.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 nepu7supastar7

@madsnakehhh:

I've been playing Bayonetta 3 lately and I actually do see what you meant about the cinematic approach. It's still a lot of fun though! EXCEPT Jeanne's shitty Metal Gear Solid levels. They're incredibly annoying. Also I can definitely agree...Viola is hot garbage as a character. They tried too hard to make her funny and she just comes across as a bumbling idiot. The only thing I disagree with you on is the lack combat. The fights are well placed where they should be and there's plenty of room to explore. I'm enjoying it so far. It's an easy 9 at the moment. I also love how you can customize Bayonetta's appearance. She's more stylish than ever before.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 nepu7supastar7

@Mozelleple112:

Interesting that you like God of War but not Bayonetta, considering how they're both hack-and-slash games. I know the newer God of War games are more cinematic but the core is still mostly the same. I noticed that removing the ability to jump on command made fights a little harder to get used to though. Maybe it's the theme you don't like? Which makes sense. Bayonetta is definitely not for everyone - especially if you only enjoy the serious stuff. It's the Jojojo's Bizarre Adventure of the genre where it's nothing but wacky action.