Should we be worried if the Wii wins?

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#101 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

Consider the flaws of the PSP, some of which have quite a lot to do with the lack of sales.

The failure that is the UMD format (probably the biggest factor right there), the minute-long load times (on a handheld, downright inexcuseable), the console ports (not to mention that the PSP's target audience probably all have PS2's), the targeting a very limited audience (teenagers), that analog...nub....thing (it scares me).

And of course, the GBA2 would still have Nintendo franchises and more "brand recognition (Because of most likely keeping the Game Boy name)" on their I think it would be a closer race, but the PSP would lose out in the end.

But then, it would basically be between who sucks less.

EDIT: I just noticed, this is getting quite off-topic. Oops.

Tsug_Ze_Wind

I think the biggest flaw with the PSP is the lack of any standout games. I mean, sure there are some good games like GTA LCS, VCS, MGS: PO but the handheld doesn't really scream out "buy me, I'm worth my expensive price for a handheld" imo, which is probably why I don't even own one (and I'm a Sony fan).

I do agree that if Nintendo had released a slightly improved GBA they still would have won, but they would have lost so much market share it wouldn't even be funny.

Fact is the PSP did a lot of good because Nintendo upgraded a lot from GBA to DS and us gamers got a hell of a handheld thanks to strong competition.

The next gen handheld war should be interesting.

Relating a bit more to the topic, I like how the DS balances out titles for non gamers (Nintendogs, Brain Training) and for loyal Nintendo gamers (Pokemon, Advance Wars, Mario).

Wii doesn't really do that. It focuses more on non gamer titles (not neccessarily a bad thing, just pointing that out).
Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#102 Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts
Since the release of the Wii I quit on worrying about sales because I knew Casuals will decide the war...but as for the games the 360 and PS3 win and im worried that games will be casualized like some on the Wii(SSX Blur)poopinloop32

SSX is a great example, the Wii has all ready started hurting console gaming.  If it wins, the industry is doomed. I'm giving up console gaming if Nintendo comes out on top because in the end, it will lead to us being stuck with consoles geared towards casuals that are based on gimmicks and packed with 5 year old technology.
miss_kitt3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 miss_kitt3n
Member since 2006 • 2717 Posts
The Wii is a disgrace and will dumb down gaming.

There, I said what you were afraid to say.

TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
[QUOTE="TrueReligion_"][QUOTE="wavebrid"][QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="TrueReligion_"][QUOTE="wavebrid"]

[QUOTE="TrueReligion_"]Are you ever going to prove your point, or should I continue to embarass you?wavebrid

i have posted a link to prove your wrong. you havent prove anything to me. so accodring to your logic

360 couldnt do better than that

Links don't make better graphics. I need pictures and gameplay videos.

No more of this link BS...thiers only one way to prove a graphic war

who said anything about grapchi war :|

i posted a link from mlb2k6 not 2k7

Just accept your ownage, and leave the thread. Seriously, this has been the 5th time I've owned you. I guess Poop deserves some credit too.

:lol: son you havent owned me 1 freaking time

"

"To be honest, it's not much more powerful than an Xbox. It's like a souped up Xbox," a major third party source revealed to us. "But it's the controller that makes the difference and the controller is really nice."

http://wii.ign.com/articles/673/673578p1.html

I never said wii is more powerful than 360 i said xbox

and picture dont prove crap which i prove my point with 360 mlb2k6.

son STOP YOUR DAMAGE CONTROL

You seriously bore me. Have fun with your links.