Should we be worried if the Wii wins?

• 103 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts

This is NOT a Wii bashing thread!

(Please read everything to prevent yourself from looking like an idiot :))

The Wii is doing ridiculously well all across the world. It's still hard to find one and it's said you won't be able to find one easily until at least the end of this year. Why is the Wii so successfull though? Simple; the controller is attractive to casuals/non-gamers and it's very cheap for a video game console. Most casuals and non-gamers are convinced to buy one after playing a little bit of Wii sports. It's not so much Zelda is driving in casuals as much as you may think, it's Wii sports. The simplistic, quick, easy to learn series of mini games. 

Now why would anyone be a little worried if the Wii wins? It's fun right? Isn't that what games are about anyway? For someone like me, not entirely. For me, I value deep storylines, immersive eviorments, cunning AI and yes... gorgeous graphics (and ofcourse gameplay...duh). Am I a graphic whore simply because I appreciate graphical and technical aspects of a game? No, I can have tons of fun with a less technically advanced game as well, but these things are what really intrest me in new games and systems. Games that can take me places that I haven't been before and give me new experiences through the most current advances in technoligy as well as deliver fantastic gameplay are the games that I love the most (this is why I'm so hyped for Mass Effect). Not just gameplay alone, though gameplay is very important to me still.

With that said, as far as AI, more immersive stories/eviorments, and graphics, the Wii won't give you much more than what the Gamecube did. The Wii focuses more on quick, easy fun with the Wiimote rather than focus on technical and graphical aspects. Now let's say the Wii wins... by a landslide... The mighty titans SONY and Microsoft will scratch there heads and have a collective "Wtf?...". SONY and Microsoft would have both given you fantastic games that give you the most state of the art visuals and immersive stories and inviorments with great gameplay, but that still wouldn't have been as attractive as the Wii's quick and easy fun.

Could SONY and Microsoft both abandon their value for all the technical wonders that we are all wowed with and go for something similar to the Wii's approach if the Wii wins? One thing is for sure, if the Wii does win, this thought will run through the offices of both Microsoft and SONY as they both make their next generation consoles. Will it happen? No one knows, but you cannot say it can't. That is why someone like me who values the most technically amazing parts of a game is a little worried. I don't want XBOX 360/PS3 graphics and abilities in 2012.

Silchas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Silchas
Member since 2006 • 17050 Posts
Console wars never has me worried.
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 poopinloop32
Member since 2006 • 4949 Posts
Since the release of the Wii I quit on worrying about sales because I knew Casuals will decide the war...but as for the games the 360 and PS3 win and im worried that games will be casualized like some on the Wii(SSX Blur)
Ollivander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ollivander
Member since 2005 • 1975 Posts
What is with the Wii threads.

And no you should not be worried.
Mystery-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mystery-
Member since 2007 • 2144 Posts
no.......
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DA_B0MB
What is with the Wii threads.

And no you should not be worried.
Ollivander
I'm not bashing it like most other Wii threads. I'm asking a serious question that's all.
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#7 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

First of all, congratulations on writing a very well thought out post.

I think the ideal thing for the industry would be a very close race between M$ and nintendo. Nintendo is the only company which tried something really different with their console, which could change how games are played, but they didn't advance the technology very much.

microsoft advanced grahics quite alot, but didn't do much to change gaming beyond that. If they came really close or even tied, it might encourage the console makers to make an innovative console with more than just a minor upgrade in power. and that would be awsome.

oh, and thank you for putting that message at the top. i probably wouldn't have read you post if it wasn't there.

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts
For the love of chuck norris, it has only 3 mini game games! Do you people see any more on the freaking horizon?
Ultimate_Peon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ultimate_Peon
Member since 2003 • 587 Posts
If leading-edge graphics are so important to you, why don't you focus on PC gaming? Microsoft and Sony are focusing so much currently on high-tech that consoles just keep getting more and more expensive, and if Nintendo is able to get across to them the need to rein themselves in a bit then I don't see that as a bad thing at all.
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DA_B0MB

I think the ideal thing for the industry would be a very close race between M$ and nintendo. Nintendo is the only company which tried something really different with their console, which could change how games are played, but they didn't advance the technology very much.

microsoft advanced grahics quite alot, but didn't do much to change gaming beyond that. If they came really close or even tied, it might encourage the console makers to make an innovative console with more than just a minor upgrade in power. and that would be awsome

BuryMe
Thanks, and MS did more than just give it a graphical boost. They enhanced their online even more and were the first to support online distribution of movies and arcade games. Which was an innovation, but not so much in modern games.
Silchas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Silchas
Member since 2006 • 17050 Posts
Hakuna Matata
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#12 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts
[QUOTE="BuryMe"]

microsoft advanced grahics quite alot, but didn't do much to change gaming beyond that. If they came really close or even tied, it might encourage the console makers to make an innovative console with more than just a minor upgrade in power. and that would be awsome

DA_B0MB
Thanks, and MS did more than just give it a graphical boost. They enhanced their online even more and were the first to support online distribution of movies and arcade games. Which was an innovation, but not so much in modern games.

oops. i keep forgetting about online. that would be another reason a tie between ninty and M$ would be good. it might convince nintendo to make a more useable online system
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DA_B0MB
If leading-edge graphics are so important to you, why don't you focus on PC gaming? Microsoft and Sony are focusing so much currently on high-tech that consoles just keep getting more and more expensive, and if Nintendo is able to get across to them the need to rein themselves in a bit then I don't see that as a bad thing at all. Ultimate_Peon
Believe me, I really would like a high end PC but I don't have the money right now. Maybe this summer when I have a job. I'll have to choose between a high end PC and an HDTV which will be really hard for me.:(
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
Enough with the Wii threads.
BigDizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 BigDizz
Member since 2004 • 2592 Posts
Your logic is too supirior for SW.
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DA_B0MB
Enough with the Wii threads.TrueReligion_
Like I said, I'm only asking a question. I'm not bashing the console unlike alot of the other Wii related threads.
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
There's already a thread about this.
RahnAetas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RahnAetas
Member since 2003 • 1834 Posts
What I can't understand is why so many people claim that all the Wii will provide is horrible ports, mini-games, and dumbed down efforts by developers.  That somehow it is utterly impossible for the Wii to provide everything that the previous generations has provided (sans the graphics).  That somehow the Wii winning will mean that gaming will take steps backwards.  When 3D was introduced to gaming, was that the death of 2D games?  When polygons were introduced, was that the death of sprites? 

There's no evidence that any of the doom and gloom that's being preached will ever come to pass.  If the only evidence provided is "Take a look at the Wii game lineup so far" then that's not much in terms of evidence since only a handful of developers have produced a game for the Wii, and fewer still have produced one for it from the ground, and almost none who have a full understanding of the Wiimote.

People argue that developers need time to tap the full power of the PS3's cell processor, well they also need time to tap the full potential of the Wiimote as well.  For motion-sensing it will be more about mechanics first before resources start pouring into the story and art board.  When 3D was first introduced it was more about learning the mechanics, not texturing, lighting effects, anti-aliasing.  It was learning about what we can do with it.  Well folks, this is the stage in which motion-sensing is in right now:  Learning what can be done with it.
Berserker_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Berserker_2
Member since 2006 • 5948 Posts
It would be bad for gaming if the Wii won. I don't want dated graphics. However, the Wii can't win as long as people want new technology. The Xbox 360 has many great games coming this year. It will be very difficult for the competition.
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DA_B0MB
What I can't understand is why so many people claim that all the Wii will provide is horrible ports, mini-games, and dumbed down efforts by developers.  That somehow it is utterly impossible for the Wii to provide everything that the previous generations has provided (sans the graphics).  That somehow the Wii winning will mean that gaming will take steps backwards.  When 3D was introduced to gaming, was that the death of 2D games?  When polygons were introduced, was that the death of sprites? 

There's no evidence that any of the doom and gloom that's being preached will ever come to pass.  If the only evidence provided is "Take a look at the Wii game lineup so far" then that's not much in terms of evidence since only a handful of developers have produced a game for the Wii, and fewer still have produced one for it from the ground, and almost none who have a full understanding of the Wiimote.

People argue that developers need time to tap the full power of the PS3's cell processor, well they also need time to tap the full potential of the Wiimote as well.  For motion-sensing it will be more about mechanics first before resources start pouring into the story and art board.  When 3D was first introduced it was more about learning the mechanics, not texturing, lighting effects, anti-aliasing.  It was learning about what we can do with it.  Well folks, this is the stage in which motion-sensing is in right now:  Learning what can be done with it.RahnAetas
Good post. You have your beliefs and I have mine and I respect that.
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DA_B0MB
Hakuna MatataSilchas
Lion King. What do I win? :P Lol, I thought you were just saying a Japanese developer's name randomly but then I remembered where that's from because it sounded familliar. :P
Berserker_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Berserker_2
Member since 2006 • 5948 Posts
...When 3D was introduced to gaming, was that the death of 2D games? When polygons were introduced, was that the death of sprites?RahnAetas
Yes. It was the death of sprites within the console realm.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#23 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts

People argue that developers need time to tap the full power of the PS3's cell processor, well they also need time to tap the full potential of the Wiimote as well.  For motion-sensing it will be more about mechanics first before resources start pouring into the story and art board.  When 3D was first introduced it was more about learning the mechanics, not texturing, lighting effects, anti-aliasing.  It was learning about what we can do with it.  Well folks, this is the stage in which motion-sensing is in right now:  Learning what can be done with it.RahnAetas
Actually, there is an entirely valid stance behind what it means for the Wii to be winning. Its obvious that a company would go with what is more profitable. If the overwhelming majority of the gaming market become casuals, like what could happen, then you could see a lot more companies gearing towards the casual consumer. This, in turn, would create far more casuals games to meet demand. You could say that the Wii would be directly responsible for ushering in an entire "casual gaming age". I myself don't want that to happen. (Even though it doesn't concern a PC gamer). I like my Suikodens, my Wild Arms, my Tales series, and random other assorted genres. Its obvious developers would chose where the money is at over niche audiences.
axt113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 axt113
Member since 2007 • 2777 Posts
No, I look to the DS as a comparison and I still see games with deep storylines, Immersive gameplay, etc.
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DA_B0MB
No, I look to the DS as a comparison and I still see games with deep storylines, Immersive gameplay, etc.axt113
I didn't say that the Wii could not provide deep storylines and immersive gameplay. My point was that because it's so technically dated it can't do it as well as the other consoles. Look at Zelda TP, great game but still no voice acting.
axt113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 axt113
Member since 2007 • 2777 Posts
[QUOTE="axt113"]No, I look to the DS as a comparison and I still see games with deep storylines, Immersive gameplay, etc.DA_B0MB
I didn't say that the Wii could not provide deep storylines and immersive gameplay. My point was that because it's so technically dated it can't do it as well as the other consoles. Look at Zelda TP, great game but still no voice acting.

No Zelda has VA, its part of the series, Link should not have a voice
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TrueReligion_
[QUOTE="TrueReligion_"]Enough with the Wii threads.DA_B0MB
Like I said, I'm only asking a question. I'm not bashing the console unlike alot of the other Wii related threads.

theverybest made a very similar thread to this. It does not need to be made twice.
peaceful_anger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 peaceful_anger
Member since 2007 • 2568 Posts

Well look at the alternative to Wii winning. It would be Sony/MS domination, and it will show MS and Sony that people are willing to shell out up the $600 for a gaming console. And you can bet the next generation of console will just get more and more expensive. The next XBOX or PS could be $800 to $1000 if they both came out on top.

I will admit that I would rather Nintendo win over MS. The reason I feel this way is because the one company that has the power, resources, and money to have a monopoly over the gaming industry is definitely MS. If MS became the market leader, do you think they would just stop there? The answer is HELL NO, and you can see that with their operating systems because there is hardly any competition, which only hurts us, the consumer. I would hate for the same thing to happen to the gaming industry.

And I don't understand why lemmings and cows are complaining about Nintendo's new route because if Nintendo did the same thing as MS or Sony and just gave us a gamecube 2, yall wouldn't have bought their system in the first place anyway. Just because Nintendo took a detour this generation doesn't mean they will take that same path next generation. What I think Nintendo is trying to do this generation is help developers try to think outside of the box, and get gaming out of the rut it's in IMO. At the end of the day, what is so wrong with Nintendo trying to achieve this. I personally think developers have lost their edge to be able to create new, original, and creative games nowadays because the focus in gaming seems to have shifted to graphics>gameplay. Yes, there are brilliant games like Okami, Shadow of the Colossus, and Windwaker, but they are in the minority. And yes, I know Nintendo rehashes their main franchise over and over, but so do many other developers. At least Nintendo is giving us a new way to experience them. Do yall really want to be playing the same games the same exact way for the rest of your lives. I know I don't. And no I'm not saying traditional controllers are bad. I would just like to see controllers evolve. Everything evolves eventually, and gaming is no different.

Oldernu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Oldernu
Member since 2004 • 28 Posts

The Wii is doing ridiculously well all across the world. It's still hard to find one and it's said you won't be able to find one easily until at least the end of this year. Why is the Wii so successfull though? Simple; the controller is attractive to casuals/non-gamers and it's very cheap for a video game console. Most casuals and non-gamers are convinced to buy one after playing a little bit of Wii sports. It's not so much Zelda is driving in casuals as much as you may think, it's Wii sports. The simplistic, quick, easy to learn series of mini games. 

Now why would anyone be a little worried if the Wii wins? It's fun right? Isn't that what games are about anyway? For someone like me, not entirely. For me, I value deep storylines, immersive eviorments, cunning AI and yes... gorgeous graphics (and ofcourse gameplay...duh). Am I a graphic whore simply because I appreciate graphical and technical aspects of a game? No, I can have tons of fun with a less technically advanced game as well, but these things are what really intrest me in new games and systems. Games that can take me places that I haven't been before and give me new experiences through the most current advances in technoligy as well as deliver fantastic gameplay are the games that I love the most (this is why I'm so hyped for Mass Effect). Not just gameplay alone, though gameplay is very important to me still.

With that said, as far as AI, more immersive stories/eviorments, and graphics, the Wii won't give you much more than what the Gamecube did. The Wii focuses more on quick, easy fun with the Wiimote rather than focus on technical and graphical aspects. Now let's say the Wii wins... by a landslide... The mighty titans SONY and Microsoft will scratch there heads and have a collective "Wtf?...". SONY and Microsoft would have both given you fantastic games that give you the most state of the art visuals and immersive stories and inviorments with great gameplay, but that still wouldn't have been as attractive as the Wii's quick and easy fun.

Could SONY and Microsoft both abandon their value for all the technical wonders that we are all wowed with and go for something similar to the Wii's approach if the Wii wins? One thing is for sure, if the Wii does win, this thought will run through the offices of both Microsoft and SONY as they both make their next generation consoles. Will it happen? No one knows, but you cannot say it can't. That is why someone like me who values the most technically amazing parts of a game is a little worried. I don't want XBOX 360/PS3 graphics and abilities in 2012.

DA_B0MB

Great Post.  I like the idea Nintendo is using for thier new console and I like the way they have done business.  I think many people are excited about interacting with thier games in more immersive ways and I applaud Nintendo for thier work, but I wish that they had released their controller and games as an add-on to the Ps3 and 360 as it would have provided the best of both worlds.  However, I am personally interested more in the graphical and technical horsepower also and I'm worried about Wii's current sales.  I have to admit I don't understand why people are soo attracted to the Wii.  I admit the controller is fun, but I think the controller is the only thing you buy when you purchase a Wii.  The rest, IMO, is just an outdated console and $250, IMHO, is just too much money for a controller.  Maybe I'm a little biased as I don't care for zelda, mario or party games.

Anyway, I see two possible outcomes:

1) Wii sales continue strong throughout its lifecycle.  Result - Publishers create mass quantities of cheaper titles for greater profit and spend less time and money on higher budget 360/PS3 titles.

2) Wii sales drop off in the near future.  Result - Publishers loose massive amounts of money investing in 1 or 2 waves of Wii titles as gamers loose interest in Wii an move back to PS3 and 360.

Either scenario results in less 360/PS3 high budget games in the short term.  I just hope next gen is more of a melding of interactivity and horsepower.  It seems that this gen we can't have our cake and eat it too.

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DA_B0MB
[QUOTE="DA_B0MB"][QUOTE="TrueReligion_"]Enough with the Wii threads.TrueReligion_

theverybest made a very similar thread to this. It does not need to be made twice.

I was not aware. Regaurdless this thread was still made and you did not have to post in it.
lilrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 lilrush
Member since 2005 • 1695 Posts
No because it probably will.
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DA_B0MB
[QUOTE="DA_B0MB"]

Oldernu

Great Post.  I like the idea Nintendo is using for thier new console and I like the way they have done business.  I think many people are excited about interacting with thier games in more immersive ways and I applaud Nintendo for thier work, but I wish that they had released their controller and games as an add-on to the Ps3 and 360 as it would have provided the best of both worlds.  However, I am personally interested more in the graphical and technical horsepower also and I'm worried about Wii's current sales.  I have to admit I don't understand why people are soo attracted to the Wii.  I admit the controller is fun, but I think the controller is the only thing you buy when you purchase a Wii.  The rest, IMO, is just an outdated console and $250, IMHO, is just too much money for a controller.  Maybe I'm a little biased as I don't care for zelda, mario or party games.

Anyway, I see two possible outcomes:

1) Wii sales continue strong throughout its lifecycle.  Result - Publishers create mass quantities of cheaper titles for greater profit and spend less time and money on higher budget 360/PS3 titles.

2) Wii sales drop off in the near future.  Result - Publishers loose massive amounts of money investing in 1 or 2 waves of Wii titles as gamers loose interest in Wii an move back to PS3 and 360.

Either scenario results in less 360/PS3 high budget games in the short term.  I just hope next gen is more of a melding of interactivity and horsepower.  It seems that this gen we can't have our cake and eat it too.

Scenario 1 is what I'm a little concerned about. I don't want an age of simplistic games to overshadow the deeper more beautiful games. I'm not saying the Wii is going to ruin gaming and cause the end of the world... I'm just saying that it can start a very bad trend that's all.
RahnAetas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RahnAetas
Member since 2003 • 1834 Posts
[QUOTE="RahnAetas"]What I can't understand is why so many people claim that all the Wii will provide is horrible ports, mini-games, and dumbed down efforts by developers.  That somehow it is utterly impossible for the Wii to provide everything that the previous generations has provided (sans the graphics).  That somehow the Wii winning will mean that gaming will take steps backwards.  When 3D was introduced to gaming, was that the death of 2D games?  When polygons were introduced, was that the death of sprites? 

People argue that developers need time to tap the full power of the PS3's cell processor, well they also need time to tap the full potential of the Wiimote as well.  For motion-sensing it will be more about mechanics first before resources start pouring into the story and art board.  When 3D was first introduced it was more about learning the mechanics, not texturing, lighting effects, anti-aliasing.  It was learning about what we can do with it.  Well folks, this is the stage in which motion-sensing is in right now:  Learning what can be done with it.Vandalvideo
Actually, there is an entirely valid stance behind what it means for the Wii to be winning. Its obvious that a company would go with what is more profitable. If the overwhelming majority of the gaming market become casuals, like what could happen, then you could see a lot more companies gearing towards the casual consumer. This, in turn, would create far more casuals games to meet demand. You could say that the Wii would be directly responsible for ushering in an entire "casual gaming age". I myself don't want that to happen. (Even though it doesn't concern a PC gamer). I like my Suikodens, my Wild Arms, my Tales series, and random other assorted genres. Its obvious developers would chose where the money is at over niche audiences.

The counter arguement to that is that any developer that wishes to reach out to casuals must face off against Nintendo's first party casual games.  Developers reaching out into territories they are not good at only will cost them more of the market share, not gain it.  How many developers out there currently do you believe have the capability and know how to make casual/party/mini-games like Nintendo can?
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="RahnAetas"]What I can't understand is why so many people claim that all the Wii will provide is horrible ports, mini-games, and dumbed down efforts by developers.  That somehow it is utterly impossible for the Wii to provide everything that the previous generations has provided (sans the graphics).  That somehow the Wii winning will mean that gaming will take steps backwards.  When 3D was introduced to gaming, was that the death of 2D games?  When polygons were introduced, was that the death of sprites? 

The counter arguement to that is that any developer that wishes to reach out to casuals must face off against Nintendo's first party casual games.  Developers reaching out into territories they are not good at only will cost them more of the market share, not gain it.  How many developers out there currently do you believe have the capability and know how to make casual/party/mini-games like Nintendo can?

Most of every third party title I see are those casual games. Nintendo is pretty long in the tooth when it comes to games for casuals. Mario, Metroid, and their other first party titles are FAR FROM CASUAL games. Right now there are TONS of third party casual games getting pumped out for the Wii. I mean, I walked into EB and saw bout fifteen liscensed games! Open Season and Happy Feet are the future. :(
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

With that said, as far as AI, more immersive stories/eviorments, and graphics, the Wii won't give you much more than what the Gamecube did

you lost ALL CERBILITY RIGHT THERE

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DA_B0MB
[QUOTE="RahnAetas"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="RahnAetas"]What I can't understand is why so many people claim that all the Wii will provide is horrible ports, mini-games, and dumbed down efforts by developers.  That somehow it is utterly impossible for the Wii to provide everything that the previous generations has provided (sans the graphics).  That somehow the Wii winning will mean that gaming will take steps backwards.  When 3D was introduced to gaming, was that the death of 2D games?  When polygons were introduced, was that the death of sprites? 

People argue that developers need time to tap the full power of the PS3's cell processor, well they also need time to tap the full potential of the Wiimote as well.  For motion-sensing it will be more about mechanics first before resources start pouring into the story and art board.  When 3D was first introduced it was more about learning the mechanics, not texturing, lighting effects, anti-aliasing.  It was learning about what we can do with it.  Well folks, this is the stage in which motion-sensing is in right now:  Learning what can be done with it.Vandalvideo

Most of every third party title I see are those casual games. Nintendo is pretty long in the tooth when it comes to games for casuals. Mario, Metroid, and their other first party titles are FAR FROM CASUAL games. Right now there are TONS of third party casual games getting pumped out for the Wii. I mean, I walked into EB and saw bout fifteen liscensed games! Open Season and Happy Feet are the future. :(

Most 1st part Nintendo games cater to bother casuals and hardcore gamers, the reason why they are so incredibly successful.
Ultimate_Peon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ultimate_Peon
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"] Most of every third party title I see are those casual games. Nintendo is pretty long in the tooth when it comes to games for casuals. Mario, Metroid, and their other first party titles are FAR FROM CASUAL games. Right now there are TONS of third party casual games getting pumped out for the Wii. I mean, I walked into EB and saw bout fifteen liscensed games! Open Season and Happy Feet are the future. :(

Since when are games based off movies new?
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 poopinloop32
Member since 2006 • 4949 Posts

With that said, as far as AI, more immersive stories/eviorments, and graphics, the Wii won't give you much more than what the Gamecube did

wavebrid
You arent one to question anybody credibility
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TrueReligion_
[QUOTE="TrueReligion_"][QUOTE="DA_B0MB"][QUOTE="TrueReligion_"]Enough with the Wii threads.DA_B0MB

I was not aware. Regaurdless this thread was still made and you did not have to post in it.

I see, then sorry.
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DA_B0MB

wavebrid
Yes, all my "CERBILITY" is gone now. :|
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Vandalvideo
[QUOTE="Ultimate_Peon"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"] Most of every third party title I see are those casual games. Nintendo is pretty long in the tooth when it comes to games for casuals. Mario, Metroid, and their other first party titles are FAR FROM CASUAL games. Right now there are TONS of third party casual games getting pumped out for the Wii. I mean, I walked into EB and saw bout fifteen liscensed games! Open Season and Happy Feet are the future. :(

Since when is about 64% of a console's line up these casual liscensed games? The Wii is showing developers that casual games can sell well, EXTREMELY well. In order to stay a viable competitor in this changing climate they will have to make these types of games that are in demand.
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 wavebrid
[QUOTE="wavebrid"]

poopinloop32

wii already providie more than gc.

vc games, web browser, weather channel. vote channel reulgar size disk,  powerful than xbox,  news channel...

Yes i have my right :|

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 wavebrid
[QUOTE="wavebrid"]

DA_B0MB

how about you actually listen more than just calling it a damm freaking Cube :|

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DA_B0MB
[QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="wavebrid"]

wavebrid

vc games, web browser, weather channel. vote channel reulgar size disk,  powerful than xbox,  news channel...

Name a game that's on the Wii right now that cannot be done on the Gamecube. The Wii will eventually pass the XBOX with games like SMG but it isn't going to offer much more than that on a technical level.

TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TrueReligion_
[QUOTE="poopinloop32"][QUOTE="wavebrid"]

wavebrid

The Wii is not more powerful than the Xbox; and having a weather channel, vote channel, and the other nonesense you put down are not essential to the gaming experience.
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TrueReligion_
[QUOTE="DA_B0MB"][QUOTE="wavebrid"]

wavebrid

Must you always use the ":|" expression?
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DA_B0MB
[QUOTE="DA_B0MB"][QUOTE="wavebrid"]

wavebrid

How about you actually listen. I did not call it a Gamecube. I said it will give you more but not by much. If you think the Wii is going to totally blow away the Gamecube on a technical level I feel sorry for you.
Ultimate_Peon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Ultimate_Peon
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="Ultimate_Peon"][QUOTE="Vandalvideo"] Most of every third party title I see are those casual games. Nintendo is pretty long in the tooth when it comes to games for casuals. Mario, Metroid, and their other first party titles are FAR FROM CASUAL games. Right now there are TONS of third party casual games getting pumped out for the Wii. I mean, I walked into EB and saw bout fifteen liscensed games! Open Season and Happy Feet are the future. :(

Since when is about 64% of a console's line up these casual liscensed games? The Wii is showing developers that casual games can sell well, EXTREMELY well. In order to stay a viable competitor in this changing climate they will have to make these types of games that are in demand.

Care to provide numbers to back this up instead of randomly generated %s based off what you think you saw at a glance in a game store? Games based off movies have always been common, and they are far from comprising "64%" of the Wii's line-up.
Patriot298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Patriot298
Member since 2006 • 1187 Posts
I don't know much about the WII. I might enjoy it if I tried it but I don't know if I could get use to that control. I'd rather Microsoft wins.
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 wavebrid

"To be honest, it's not much more powerful than an Xbox. It's like a souped up Xbox," a major third party source revealed to us. "But it's the controller that makes the difference and the controller is really nice."

http://wii.ign.com/articles/673/673578p1.html