Should MS fire Phil and hire someone from Sony?

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By daredevils2k

Poll Should MS fire Phil and hire someone from Sony? (40 votes)

Yes fire Phil and get someone from Sony to run the Xbox division. 50%
Yes fire Phil and hire a lemming from SW to run the company into the ground. 50%

Since Kratos pretty much destroyed the Almighty XB1x as if it was Zeus himself, should MS just fire Phil’s and allow Sony to lens one of their higher ups to turn the Xbox division for MS?

• 
hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

I think you should stop making threads... K thanks bye.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

He really does need to go........ he's done nothing to push the brand forward and has taken so many steps back.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

@scatteh316 said:

He really does need to go........ he's done nothing to push the brand forward and has taken so many steps back.

Hes likeable and down to earth at least unlike the last guy telling people to buy x360 if you don't have internet.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Nah, he's a likable dude. Problem is that it's obvious he has no real power and the folks with the real power at MS don't give a crap about Xbox or gaming. They only care that it's out there but they aren't really interested in gaming the same way Sony and Nintendo are.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

no he should stay

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

C'mon people...

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8489 Posts

They already did. They hired Phil Harrison from Sony - one of the guys behind the debacle of PS3 and wrong promises. So, I think they really don't care about Xbox.

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

Fill Sphincter is in over his head. Comments like we need a Horizon Zero Dawn or buying a one year exclusivity for Tomb Raider or releasing a mid-gen console with no exclusives to show off its capabilities are examples that he has no idea what he's doing.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

Phil Spencer isn't the problem, It's Microsoft that is as he answers to them and their shareholders.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 robert_sparkes  Online
Member since 2018 • 7263 Posts

Phil spencer is doing his best to clear up the mess he came into. He is the right person to get the Xbox division back on track.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56227 Posts

If Phil Spencer retired right now, I would say he was terrible. To sum up his tenure, all he is known for is making promises that never materialized. Trying to appease the Xbox fanboys on twitter, and congratulating the competition.

He also was behind the Tomb Raider time-exclusivity deal that was not well met with the public at large. He was the villain behind that one as well. He basically paid Square-Enix money so the game wouldn't be on other platforms, but at least PC version got the upper hand for releasing 2 months after the Xbox One version. It was funny because he did that to try and compete with the upcoming Uncharted 4 during that Holiday. It didn't work out anyway because UC4 got delayed until that next spring, lol.

Phil Spencer hasn't delivered much but BC. And the BC is just to ensure that Xbox One owners don't flock to the other systems. He tries to mold it to say it's for the gamers, but they are desperately just trying to keep people within their ecosystem and BC wasn't on MS mind at the start of this gen either.

I'd give him a D grade. Which means it can only go up, we'll see at this E3 2018.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

Phil has definitely become some kind of evil cartoon pantomime villain to some people hasn’t he.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13  Edited By stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Phil is a failure at his job. 5 years of Xbone and still no games. Broken promises, false hype and desperation trying to convince lems that BC matters when it doesn’t in real life.

HIs only redeeming quality lems ever talk about is “he is likeable”. Just LMAO.

He will go down as a huge failure like Don Mattrick. Only difference is Mattrick is a jerk and Phil wasn’t. Both liars.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@hrt_rulz01: @i_p_daily: The two dynamic due Xbox One gamers on SW has arrive to save their God. Why am I'm not surprise. For a none troll thread, none of you didn't bother to comment on your beloved God and savior, don't have the guts to give your honest opinion on the guy. But then again, I understand defending Xbox is a religion thing to a fanboy, so I shouldn't be hard on you guys :P

@boycie said:

Phil has definitely become some kind of evil cartoon pantomime villain to some people hasn’t he.

I wouldn't say he's the worst, but he sure ass hell ain't the best.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

The last 8 years are fail for Xbox.

They had their chance with 360 in the early years to break the market and become the king.

Now they've become a joke.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Wouldn’t be any different if he is in the office or not. He is just a face for MS.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

They should hire a few cows around here, they seem to know how it works

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44155 Posts

It's all in your head, 24/7, rent free.

Poo cows. :P

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44313 Posts

No, he should stay.

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

The way Xbox Fanatics react to this thread is that same reason Microsoft hasn't release any AAAE goodness. You Rabid Xbox Fanatics defend mediocrity.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

There's no point in firing him now he has already killed the Xbox brand stone dead and is now attempting to do the same thing to devs by giving their games away for free on Game Pass.

It's too late to stop him now, he is an absolute disaster in every way imaginable.

No new IP's, no new games from existing IP's outside of State of Decay which the moron is giving away free with Game Pass, he pissed all over the Xbox brand by giving their few meagre exclusives to PC, he doesn't understand why gamers want games at 60fps (I mean fucking seriously?).

People on here making excuses for him honestly deserve the total disaster he has created but hey, he is likeable apparently, so that's all okay then.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

There are two parts to this question that require different answers.

Hell no to hiring someone from Sony. I don't want the Xbox division to become obsessed with movie-games like the Playstation division has been this generation.

I do think that they could get someone better than Phil to run the Xbox division though. I think that Phil is just too much of a nice guy for that job. They need somebody with more ruthless aggression. I would love to see Peter Moore return and take the job. He did a great job with the Dreamcast, the original Xbox, and the early years of the Xbox 360 before he left.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

PlayStation and Xbox are already similar enough to each other, why do people want them to be even more similar.

Why do you want 2 consoles to be exactly alike it makes no sense.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 robert_sparkes  Online

At the miment the Xbox brand has lost that cut throat attitude they had with the 360.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

If they want some of the magic that SONY has bestowed upon the gaming world, then yes.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@boycie said:

Nah, that would be Major Nelson.

Phil is his minion.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

Man cows are just an embarrassment to gamers. Seriously the amount of shit threads lately is truly telling about fanboys on this site.

nomadic8280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By nomadic8280
Member since 2017 • 476 Posts

TC - Are you 12?

Zeggelaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Zeggelaar
Member since 2017 • 181 Posts

@davillain- said:

If Phil Spencer retired right now, I would say he was terrible. To sum up his tenure, all he is known for is making promises that never materialized. Trying to appease the Xbox fanboys on twitter, and congratulating the competition.

He also was behind the Tomb Raider time-exclusivity deal that was not well met with the public at large. He was the villain behind that one as well. He basically paid Square-Enix money so the game wouldn't be on other platforms, but at least PC version got the upper hand for releasing 2 months after the Xbox One version. It was funny because he did that to try and compete with the upcoming Uncharted 4 during that Holiday. It didn't work out anyway because UC4 got delayed until that next spring, lol.

Phil Spencer hasn't delivered much but BC. And the BC is just to ensure that Xbox One owners don't flock to the other systems. He tries to mold it to say it's for the gamers, but they are desperately just trying to keep people within their ecosystem and BC wasn't on MS mind at the start of this gen either.

I'd give him a D grade. Which means it can only go up, we'll see at this E3 2018.

Grades can go down to an F :D

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

It's a tough job trying to pick up all the crumbling pieces of the Xbox brand. I think we should judge Phil by how he handles the next Xbox console (if there is one).

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@storm_of_swords said:

Hell no to hiring someone from Sony. I don't want the Xbox division to become obsessed with movie-games like the Playstation division has been this generation.

I do think that they could get someone better than Phil to run the Xbox division though. I think that Phil is just too much of a nice guy for that job. They need somebody with more ruthless aggression. I would love to see Peter Moore return and take the job. He did a great job with the Dreamcast, the original Xbox, and the early years of the Xbox 360 before he left.

I don't want the Xbox division to become obsessed with movie-games like the Playstation division has been this generation.

I can see why you wouldn't want any movie games on the XB1. When you have movie games that floppped like GEOW 4, Quantum Break, ReCore, Ryse etc. who would want a movie game on the xb1.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@daredevils2k said:
@storm_of_swords said:

I don't want the Xbox division to become obsessed with movie-games like the Playstation division has been this generation.

I can see why you wouldn't want any movie games on the XB1. When you have movie games that floppped like GEOW 4, Quantum Break, ReCore, Ryse etc. who would want a movie game on the xb1.

They say that, but MS wants movie games badly.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I feel like he is only part of a bigger problem. XBox doesn't need to lose a figurehead, it needs to execute on software. If Spencer has learned from the hard lessons of the past like Scalebound, then he is the right man for the job. That line about losing a game being good for Xbox gamers was some fantastical bullshit, though.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

I'd love it to happen only to see lemmings raging.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#35  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

He is the reason why X1 is an ok console, and not just a kinect machine. The brand is in good hands, in my opinion, they just need better first parties.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 robert_sparkes  Online

I agree with the above there's nobody could do a better job at this present time.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts
@PAL360 said:

He is the reason why X1 is an ok console, and not just a kinect machine. The brand is in good hands, in my opinion, they just need better first parties.

nothing in statement do you mean the quality of the games.

I find it amazing how often so called 'gamers' dont even mention the games

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PAL360

@tryit: I don't get your post. Care to explain?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TryIt
@PAL360 said:

@tryit: I don't get your post. Care to explain?

and that is more evidence of the problem with gamers...

I am just saying you mentioned Xbox is ok and you gave reasons.

not a single one of those reasons was the games themselves.

you know..playing games and all?

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PAL360

@tryit: Hmm it seems you are aiming at the wrong person, buddy.

Not only videogames have been my passion for over 3 decades, i have been defending how good indies have been doing to this industry lately. You know, because diversity, experimentation, gameplay, etc...

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TryIt
@PAL360 said:

@tryit: Hmm it seems you are aiming at the wrong person, buddy.

Not only videogames have been my passion for over 3 decades, i have been defending how good indies have been doing to this industry lately. You know, because diversity, experimentation, gameplay, etc...

For the third time

In your reasons why you feel the Xbox is a good thing, not one of those reasons did you mention game play.

playing the games is for me the ONLY reason I select one platform over another

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PAL360

@tryit: Competition is healthy, some great IPs like Forza, Halo, etc... No, forget it. I think Xbox is a good thing because i like the name. Are we ok?

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TryIt
@PAL360 said:

@tryit: Competition is healthy, some great IPs like Forza, Halo, etc... No, forget it. I think Xbox is a good thing because i like the name. Are we ok?

it was like pulling teeth but yeah, got it out of you :)

Your game list is in part why I play Steam instead, better games in my opinion

rafaelmsoares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rafaelmsoares
Member since 2018 • 657 Posts

At this point I think he doesn't even make decisions on the division anymore, he looks more like a figurehead honestly

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By QuadKnight

@lipgallagher: Ironiic onsidering Xbone isn’t getting any new games at all and is banking on remasters and BC.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@Ant_17 said:
@daredevils2k said:
@storm_of_swords said:

They say that, but MS wants movie games badly.

Needs more Vibranium. If that BP console was made of Vibranium, I'd buy it!

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 robert_sparkes  Online

The problem is MS new IP just haven't lived up to expectations none are terrible games but not 9's.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 QuadKnight

@lipgallagher said:
@quadknight said:

@lipgallagher: Ironic. Considering Xbone isn’t getting any new games at all and is banking on remasters.

Oddly enough, the Xbox One is getting nothing BUT new games. Unlike the RemasterStation which getting nothing but Remasters and milks UnchartedGranTurismoKillzone over and over....

? And what are these new games? You’re delusional.