should i keep my PS3?

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Lakers20004life
Lakers20004life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lakers20004life
Member since 2004 • 614 Posts

i mean after MG4 and GOW3 they dont have anything besides GT and FF and I like Forza so I dont really need Forza and GT together.

with my xbox i got Gears of War 2, Halo 4, Bioshock 2, Forza 3, Mass Effect + sequels, Ninja Gaiden 2, Fable 2, DOA 5, PGR 4 and other good franchises not named and which seems like more future franchises than PS3 coming in the future.plus a lottimes the multiplats are better on 360. and i love playing on xbox live and PS3 network is kind of crapy.

what does the PS3 really have to offer?

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Koalakommander
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

i mean after MG4 and GOW3 they dont have anything besides GT and FF and I like Forza so I dont really need Forza and GT together.

with my xbox i got Gears of War 2, Halo 4, Bioshock 2, Forza 3, Mass Effect + sequels, Ninja Gaiden 2, Fable 2, DOA 5, PGR 4 and other good franchises not named and which seems like more future franchises than PS3 coming in the future.plus a lottimes the multiplats are better on 360. and i love playing on xbox live and PS3 network is kind of crapy.

Lakers20004life

you answered your own question in your post. If you honestly don't see anything else than 2 games for PS3, i question your researching abilities.

If those are the only games you are interested in, than I pity you.

If you honestly think Forza 2 will be able to hold a candle to GT5, again, do more research.

But as it stands I would just keep your PS3, as you already have a 360 anyways.

purplemidgets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 purplemidgets
Member since 2002 • 3103 Posts
Why not keep it? Is it hurting you by not being in constant usage?
afmsquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 afmsquid
Member since 2006 • 1623 Posts

Lakers20004life

PS3 has excellent DVD/Blu Ray playback and Warhawk.

jackassultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jackassultima
Member since 2005 • 1048 Posts
Get rid of it because you obviously don't like having it if you are posting up a topic like this in SW. Let somebody who really wants to enjoy it have a go.
rko07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rko07
Member since 2004 • 492 Posts

Lakers20004life

Sell it if you can't even answer your question yourself. You clearly don't care about looking it up.
Lakers20004life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lakers20004life
[QUOTE="Lakers20004life"]

Koalakommander

you answered your own question in your post. If you honestly don't see anything else than 2 games for PS3, i question your researching abilities.

If you honestly think Forza 2 will be able to hold a candle to GT5, again, do more research.

Yeah sure there are a bunch of little AAs and crap coming up I know but im talking about just well known titles games which you know are locks to be great PS3 just doesnt have the titles afterFF and GT will still be there but with forza on 360 that just leaves them with FF as there onlyfamous franchise which makes AAA games consistently. unless some other AAA game making franchises come up but i dont see them for PS3.

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Koalakommander
[QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="Lakers20004life"]

Lakers20004life

Yeah sure there are a bunch of little AAs and crap coming up I know but im talking about just well known titles games which you know are locks to be great PS3 just doesnt have the titles afterFF and GT will still be there but with forza on 360 that just leaves them with FF as there onlyfamous franchise which makes AAA games consistently. unless some other AAA game making franchises come up but i dont see them for PS3.

If all you care about is AAAs and huge franchises than I suggest you find a different hobby.

Lakers20004life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lakers20004life

i see the titles and what is getting hype like in the thread xbox people look out look at all these exclusives coming for PS. but i dont see any franchise games besides the ones i listed just a bunch of unknowns getting hype like heavenly sword and lair.

im lossing faith.

shadowrun69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 shadowrun69
Member since 2007 • 322 Posts
We really need these topics to stop. System Wars isn't your personal purchase advisory forum. We don't care what you want to do with your PS3, Wii, 360, DS or PSP. If you want to sell it go ahead, just stop making threads asking for our advice on how you should spend your money.
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts

Koalakommander

So there is a problem with him liking one game over the other? (about him liking Forza over GT)
DougFuNNy618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DougFuNNy618
Member since 2007 • 55 Posts

Lakers20004life

^^^No you should give it to me

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 animateria
Member since 2006 • 620 Posts

Bah.. If you have both.. Keep it! Whats the point of selling it just by looking at the short future?

Besides GT and Forza has a bit of a different focus. I want to play both of em till death.

I'm pretty sure the exclusives will be worth it to have both.

mwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mwa
Member since 2003 • 2639 Posts
sell it and save the money for games on the 360, which are consistently of better quality that any PS3 game
Lakers20004life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lakers20004life

if you want it to stop then stop contributing to the threads like it

because i dont care that you dont care about how i care about my ps3 and care people care.

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Koalakommander

i see the titles and what is getting hype like in the thread xbox people look out look at all these exclusives coming for PS. but i dont see any franchise games besides the ones i listed just a bunch of unknowns getting hype like heavenly sword and lair.

im lossing faith.

Lakers20004life

All the games you hyped in your post were almost all unannounced sequels. Sequels have just a much of a chance to flop as an unknown game.

i dont think u ever had faith if your considering getting rid of your ps3 during its first year, and than asking for an opinion of SW of all places.

rko07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rko07

Lakers20004life

There's more to games than seeing what reviewers think is worth praising.

Also, you don't know jack about the PS3 if you think FF and GT is all there is to it.

How about taking a look at some gameplay videos to see whats looking good?

Here's a whole list of them : http://ps3.ign.com/index/release.html
too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 too_much_eslim

im lossing faith.

Koalakommander

All the games you hyped in your post were almost all unannounced sequels. Sequels have just a much of a chance to flop as an unknown game.

i dont think u ever had faith if your considering getting rid of your ps3 during its first year, and than asking for an opinion of SW of all places.

Why are you surprised that he lost faith. He spent $600 hoping for a great experience now. He is obviously not having that great experience or he would not have made this thread.
J_Swayze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 J_Swayze
Member since 2007 • 493 Posts

If you don't want it.....Sell It

If you like it.....Keep It

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts
No you shouldn't keep your PS3. You should give it to me, I need a second for my bedroom.
Hitamaru-homia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Hitamaru-homia
Member since 2006 • 2046 Posts
Mass effect sequels? so you jus fortold the ending? PSN IS NOT CRAPPY.there's PS3 dedicated servers LAGLESS. Gears Of War 2 isn't even planned! If it was it would be released in 2010,unless they wanna screw up a delicate franchise. There's no DOA 5,2009 if they start this instant.
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Koalakommander
[QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="Lakers20004life"]

im lossing faith.

too_much_eslim

Why are you surprised that he lost faith. He spent $600 hoping for a great experience now. He is obviously not having that great experience or he would not have made this thread.

doesn't take a rocket scientist to go online and look at a system's library before shelling out $600 for it. I have no sympathy for current PS3 owners.

I'll be buying one in 2008, because there will be a price drop and killer games. If you bought one now, then you simply have to wait.

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="Lakers20004life"]

im lossing faith.

Koalakommander

doesn't take a rocket scientist to go online and look at a system's library before shelling out $600 for it. I have no sympathy for current PS3 owners.

I'll be buying one in 2008, because there will be a price drop and killer games. If you bought one now, then you simply have to wait.

Understood and I agree.
rko07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rko07
Why are you surprised that he lost faith. He spent $600 hoping for a great experience now. He is obviously not having that great experience or he would not have made this thread.too_much_eslim

He already made up his mind I think?

He should have taken a look at a list of upcoming games instead of hoping that unproven franchises would be killer-apps.
Lakers20004life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lakers20004life
[QUOTE="Lakers20004life"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="Lakers20004life"]

Koalakommander

If all you care about is AAAs and huge franchises than I suggest you find a different hobby.

y do you say that? GRAW, R6 Vegas, Halo 4, Gears of War, and Forza 2I still play all those online or im still trying to beat them. Then I have Oblivion with all the expansion packs, Bioshockalso get sport games NBA, NFL, and MLB and I play some AAs like Darkness games that are cool. So Im fine with my XBOX just not with my PS3. Plus Mass Effect is coming soon.

So I have had plenty of AAA and good games to play for 360

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Koalakommander
[QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="Lakers20004life"][QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="Lakers20004life"]

Lakers20004life

y do you say that? GRAW, R6 Vegas, Halo 4, Gears of War, and Forza 2I still play all those online or im still trying to beat them. Then I have Oblivion with all the expansion packs, Bioshockalso get sport games NBA, NFL, and MLB and I play some AAs like Darkness games that are cool. So Im fine with my XBOX just not with my PS3. Plus Mass Effect is coming soon.

So I have had plenty of AAA and good games to play for 360

If you see no potential in the PS3's future lineup, why the hell did you buy one in the first place?

many people think PS3's future library looks godly, and that's why they are waiting. You bought the system at full price, in its first year, and with no games. What the hell were you expecting?

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 too_much_eslim
[QUOTE="too_much_eslim"] Why are you surprised that he lost faith. He spent $600 hoping for a great experience now. He is obviously not having that great experience or he would not have made this thread.rko07

He already made up his mind I think?

He should have taken a look at a list of upcoming games instead of hoping that unproven franchises would be killer-apps.

I agree. i know I would have waited until there was a game i felt I couldn't miss out on.
Lakers20004life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lakers20004life

rko07

There's more to games than seeing what reviewers think is worth praising.

Also, you don't know jack about the PS3 if you think FF and GT is all there is to it.

How about taking a look at some gameplay videos to see whats looking good?

Here's a whole list of them : http://ps3.ign.com/index/release.html[/QUOTE]

i never said thats all there was to it i said those will be the only BIG FRANCHISES!

rko07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rko07

If you see no potential in the PS3's future lineup, why the hell did you buy one in the first place?

many people think PS3's future library looks godly, and that's why they are waiting. You bought the system at full price, in its first year, and with no games. What the hell were you expecting?

Koalakommander

Nicely put, now that is someone with some brains. I salute you.
rko07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rko07

i never said thats all there was to it i said those will be the only BIG FRANCHISES!

Lakers20004life

There's like 10-15 big franchises in that list.. you just can't see them or refuse to.
bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bunchofpixels
Member since 2003 • 7049 Posts
Personally, I dont care what you do. If you sell it, someone will get a good deal and save some money. Meanwhile, you wasted money on a system that you never planned on sticking with. I think this thread says more about your intelligence than about the PS3.
Lakers20004life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Lakers20004life

Well MG4, GOW3 are two crazy good games that i really want to play but after that i think that will take a big blow by loseing 2 of their top 3-4 franchises.

just hoping some of these new games arent as big as flops as lair and heavenly sword.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 animateria

Ah... you also mentioned a lot of games that are also on the PS3 at the moment...

Admittingly if you have Live, you would buy em for the X-box 360. But they DO exist on the PS3 so those games mentioned do not support your claim that the PS3 is not doing well...

I'm also waiting to buy a PS3 at the moment, its looking good for future releases...

rko07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rko07
Personally, I dont care what you do. If you sell it, someone will get a good deal and save some money. Meanwhile, you wasted money on a system that you never planned on sticking with. I think this thread says more about your intelligence than about the PS3.bunchofpixels

Indeed. :lol:
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Koalakommander

Well MG4, GOW3 are two crazy good games that i really want to play but after that i think that will take a big blow by loseing 2 of their top 3-4 franchises.

just hoping some of these new games arent as big as flops as lair and heavenly sword.

Lakers20004life

you stopped making sense a long time ago. How can you be so sure MGS4 and GoW 3 will be so great? And so pessimistic about new titles like heavenly sword? Because one game had bad controls you question the future of the PS3?

Heavenly Sword was a flop on SYSTEM WARS. If that's how you purchase your games than I'll say it again -- get a new hobby.

Lakers20004life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Lakers20004life
stop getting mad because im dissing your system i just point out the facts
legendbyname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 legendbyname
Member since 2007 • 361 Posts
so easy to point out as little games for one and the most you can think of "+ sequels" for the another and BAM! biased thread.
Lakers20004life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Lakers20004life

Koalakommander

you stopped making sense a long time ago. How can you be so sure MGS4 and GoW 3 will be so great? And so pessimistic about new titles like heavenly sword? Because one game had bad controls you question the future of the PS3?

Heavenly Sword was a flop on SYSTEM WARS. If that's how you purchase your games than I'll say it again -- get a new hobby.

how do i know those games will be great? uuhh maybe because those franchises consistently make great games. how does that not make sense to you? then you ask right after that how can i be pessimistic about heavenly sword. well maybe because ive played it! lol. and yet im the one which has stopped making sense. ...

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 animateria

Sigh... Your facts aren't all there, as well as being short-sighted...

Lakers20004life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Lakers20004life

its just facts

its funny that i named so much more but it is probably because the xbox has so much more! everybody and their mother knows it but i guess you guys are just in denial or something.

rko07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 rko07
stop getting mad because im dissing your system i just point out the factsLakers20004life

"YOUR" system? Ah, I see now. No owner of both console would say that.

Slipped out by accident lemming? Thinking about getting a PS3 soon? :lol:
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Koalakommander

stop getting mad because im dissing your system i just point out the factsLakers20004life

i dont own the damn system. It's not "mine". I wouldn't buy a PS3 for $600 for Resistance and Motorstorm like you did. You come on here bashing a system because you made a horrible financial decision. You say it has no games now, and you don't think it will have games later (save for 2), and you bought one in it's first 10 months of release.

So one of the following things must be true:

A) You don't have a PS3, and are simply being a fanboy

B) You just figured out how to use the internet, because you failed to research a system before dropping $600 on it.

C) Your daddy bought you your PS3 so you don't really care.

D) Your simply dumb. Dumb for buying a system with no games that interested you, and 2 games that you don't even know will be good, and that are coming out in 2008, and 2009.

I'm not getting mad because you are bashing the PS3, I'm get fustrated because I don't understand you at all.

Lakers20004life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Lakers20004life

dude i do have a ps3 that would be dumb to lie.

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Koalakommander

dude i do have a ps3 that would be dumb to lie.

Lakers20004life

give us a picture.

Avatar image for TheDarkDisciple
TheDarkDisciple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TheDarkDisciple
Member since 2004 • 3564 Posts

i wouldn't; but thats only because nothing on the ps3 interests me. Right now i need more money for all the 360 games.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 animateria

I'm not getting mad because you are bashing the PS3, I'm get fustrated because I don't understand you at all.

Koalakommander

I don't think you can expect much out of him at this point. Clear signs of fanboyism all over the place. Never rational...

Lakers20004life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Lakers20004life

[QUOTE="Lakers20004life"]stop getting mad because im dissing your system i just point out the factsKoalakommander

i dont own the damn system. It's not "mine". I wouldn't buy a PS3 for $600 for Resistance and Motorstorm like you did. You come on here bashing a system because you made a horrible financial decision. You say it has no games now, and you don't think it will have games later (save for 2), and you bought one in it's first 10 months of release.

B) You just figured out how to use the internet, because you failed to research a system before dropping $600 on it.

D) Your simply dumb. Dumb for buying a system with no games that interested you, and 2 games that you don't even know will be good, and that are coming out in 2008, and 2009.

reading must not be your greatest strenghth. look at the first post in the thread the tittle post in the thread. I said after GOW3 and MG4 there only two really big franchises will be GT5 and FF. Because MG4 and GOW3 are both the last in the franchise.

They are like lossing 2 of their top 3-4 franchises exclusives is all im saying.

jjeezz im dumb from and you asked how do you know MG and GOW will be good and Heavenly Sword be bad. LOL looks like you need to do the research and your the dumb one because HS has been out.

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Koalakommander
[QUOTE="Koalakommander"]

[QUOTE="Lakers20004life"]stop getting mad because im dissing your system i just point out the factsLakers20004life

reading must not be your greatest strenghth. look at the first post in the thread the tittle post in the thread. I said after GOW3 and MG4 there only two really big franchises will be GT5 and FF. Because MG4 and GOW3 are both the last in the franchise.

They are like lossing 2 of their top 3-4 franchises exclusives is all im saying.

jjeezz im dumb from and you asked how do you know MG and GOW will be good and Heavenly Sword be bad. LOL looks like you need to do the research and your the dumb one because HS has been out.

yes HS is out, and it got a "great" score. So you need to calm down.

You went from being concerned about what to keep and play to talking about the current state of consoles from a business standpoint. you care more about what franchises are big than what games look good.

I don't care what company is losing or gaining, I just buy a console for games. So upload your pic of your PS3 please.

Lakers20004life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Lakers20004life

um i dont know ifi have a digital camera avaliable to meand never really got in to all that myspace crap so im not all computer savy on how to post pictures and crap but ill try but wont be right now.

ps3 wasnt that big of a deal to me.i wanted the blu ray my bros went 3 ways with me and only cost me a little over $150 for the $60 gig. bought it off ebay and got a disscount. and it was brand new.

but now i have the HD hook up for the 360 because transformers isnt coming to blu ray

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Koalakommander

um i dontif i have a digitalcamera and never really got in to all that myspace crap so im not all computer savy on how to post pictures and crap but ill try but wont be right now.

ps3 wasnt that big of a deal to me.i wanted the blu ray my bros went 3 ways with me and only cost me a little over $150 for the $60 gig. bought it off ebay and got a disscount. and it was brand new.

but now i have the HD hook up for the 360 because transformers isnt coming to blu ray

Lakers20004life

you plan on buying transformers!??

/thread.