Should I get Dragon Age Inquisition for PC or PS4?

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chriscoolguy
Member since 2011 • 729 Posts

Going by comparison videos I can barely see any difference. I have a pretty fast PC I7 4790 with an AMD 280, 16 gigs of ram. However if there isn't a noticeable difference would I be better off just getting the PS4 version since lately a lot of pc games have came out pretty buggy?

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 chriscoolguy

One correction, the only difference I see is the bigger FOV on PC, which I really don't care about.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Get on PC, mods, better res/ textures/ controls, costs low than a PS 4.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

"Can't see a difference".... Obvious bait is obvious, also not 500 posts, flagged.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

I would get it on PC for the mods and such. Your rig is perfectly capable.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

PC. It'll also be cheaper if you're willing to wait.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

If you have the option and hardware, always pc.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

This will get locked

But PC

And PC releases have not been the only buggy games lately. COD AW is/was buggy on all platforms, MCC matchmaking is broken, and Unity is just all around shitty every where

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

PC. A 280 is more than enough to hit 60fps with a few minor settings turned down, and if you don't mind playing at 30fps, you'll have no issues maintaining a locked 30 with all the bells and whistles turned up.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

get it for xbox one like me

who pays for games on pc anyway?

the only thing i buy games for is consoles just look at the sales charts consoles always win

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

bait

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 chriscoolguy

No bait here guys. I was going by the comparison vid in the news here on gamespot I seen like two days ago. I noticed that AC Unity and Farcry 4 had a lot of problems and graphic glitches on PC. I also realize that a compressed video might not show as big of a difference between the PC and PS4 comparison, that's why I just wanted more opinions.

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By chriscoolguy

Do you guys really see much of a difference at all? If I pause it it I do but barely, would love to see some high res screen shot comparisons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H_p6MRIBos

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 clyde46

@chriscoolguy said:

No bait here guys. I was going by the comparison vid in the news here on gamespot I seen like two days ago. I noticed that AC Unity and Farcry 4 had a lot of problems and graphic glitches on PC. I also realize that a compressed video might not show as big of a difference between the PC and PS4 comparison, that's why I just wanted more opinions.

Dude, you claim its not bait but only mention the PC.... ALL the versions of Unity have bugs..... ALL the versions of Unity have framerate problems.... Again obvious bait is obvious.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

PC is Obviously the best choice if the hardware is capable. Get it on PS4 if you're worried about performance issues though, I'm sure the PS4 will be decent at least.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

PS4 obviously.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@chriscoolguy said:

Reports are saying it's great. Unity is fucked on all platforms.

Assuming your're not bating, all games so far are better on PC.

Even when the pc versions has issues, like Watch Dogs or Black Flag, it's still a better experience.

Your r9 280 will perform slightly better than my own 760 so you're good.

Don't know how well DA is optimized, but EA and BW games tend to be well made on PC.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lostrib

@ProtossX said:

get it for xbox one like me

who pays for games on pc anyway?

the only thing i buy games for is consoles just look at the sales charts consoles always win

So 2-4 systems vs 1 system?

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

PC. You are welcome.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Just about every game released recently is buggy, including some major console exclusives. MCC, Drive club are just two examples.

Even if the graphics were 100% identical (which of course they are not) you are not going to be playing at 1080p, or greater, and 60 fps on any console.

Also, your thread is about to get locked

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

Go the ps4 if u want the peasant experience

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

What games exactly are buggy on PC ? AC unity ? That is a mess on all platforms. Every multiplatform big name game released this year is ok to exceptional on Pc ( aliens isolation anyone ? ). So why exactly get the console version and play at 30fps when you have a gpu well above the recommended specs ? Let alone there are some DD places that sell the pc version for 50 instead of 60

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By chriscoolguy

Well, I may get Dragon Age on PC and get GTA5 on PS4. I remember when I bought GTA4 it was really buggy on my pc for a long time until patches came out months later. Performance was horrible and my pc was much faster than a 360. Also I hear grumbling on bioware forums about the DRM on Dragon Age denuvo. That is can wear out SSD hard drives, which I was planning on installing it on. None of this is bait. I just think it's ridiculous that this stuff is even an issue. Games should be properly finished before release.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By clyde46

@chriscoolguy said:

Well, I may get Dragon Age on PC and get GTA5 on PS4. I remember when I bought GTA4 it was really buggy on my pc for a long time until patches came out months later. Performance was horrible and my pc was much faster than a 360. Also I hear grumbling on bioware forums about the DRM on Dragon Age denuvo. That is can wear out SSD hard drives, which I was planning on installing it on. None of this is bait. I just think it's ridiculous that this stuff is even an issue. Games should be properly finished before release. I heard Farcry 4 was almost unplayable on PC because of mouse/aim glitches, don't know it that's been fixed yet.

Post source.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Get it on the system you want to get it on, don't listen to the disingenuous hermits here. Barely any difference between the two. PS4 version was good enough for this site's lead reviewer to invest 85 + hours into it.

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 chriscoolguy

@Bigboi500 said:

Get it on the system you want to get it on, don't listen to the disingenuous hermits here. Barely any difference between the two. PS4 version was good enough for this site's lead reviewer to invest 85 + hours into it.

I buy about half my games on PC, half on PS4. I don't get the personal attacks for just trying to talk about it. Thanks for the advice.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

@chriscoolguy said:

@Bigboi500 said:

I buy about half my games on PC, half on PS4. I don't get the personal attacks for just trying to talk about it. Thanks for the advice.

Do you value framerates higher than 30 FPS? Do you think you'd benefit from being able to play with a KB/M?

Your PC is more than capable of running DA:I on Ultra at a smooth 60 FPS. It's a very well-optimized game. Ultimately it's up to you, but I'd recommend you get it on PC.

The one caveat is that the game locks itself to 30 FPS in all cutscenes. It can be a little jarring to switch between 60 and 30.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

If its a single player game and it's on pc I play it on pc. Multiplayer is different though. Ghent it depends where my rl friends are playing

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Tbh it doesn't look much better in the comparison vid to me either. PC is better due to mods and a lower starting price on many sites, but you can't really go wrong on this game imo.

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By chriscoolguy

I'm not a big fan of the DRM being used taking some resources for the constant checks. I have heard it takes a toll on hard drives.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
Loading Video...

You decide. On Low its pretty much Xbone standard. PS4 will be between ultra and low. Im getting this on pc at midnight can't f*ckkkkkkkking wait yeaaaaaaa

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#33 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@indzman said:

Get on PC, mods, better res/ textures/ controls, costs low than a PS 4.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

@silversix_ said:

You decide. On Low its pretty much Xbone standard. PS4 will be between ultra and low. Im getting this on pc at midnight can't f*ckkkkkkkking wait yeaaaaaaa

Low looks actually pretty good?

Wow, I may not be able to run this then

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35  Edited By BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

Comparison videos never tend to show the actual things the PC can do...

OneLazyAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 OneLazyAsian
Member since 2009 • 1715 Posts

Already got my digital deluxe version for PC preloaded and everything. Get it for PC and we can play multiplayer if it doesn't suck. Hopefully it's like ME3 multiplayer which was enjoyable.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

1. There is a pretty noticeable gfx difference. Just not huge.

2. 30 vs 60 fps. This is a no brainier alone. Faster load times too.

3. Can use both kb/m and controller. Kb/M = less pausing tons of hotkeys for every command.

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 chriscoolguy

@bldgirsh said:

Is this a PS4 - PC comparison or a PC low vs ultra comparison?

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jankarcop

@Bigboi500 said:

Get it on the system you want to get it on, don't listen to the disingenuous hermits here. Barely any difference between the two.

What a load of bullshit.

1. He asked a question we gave him the factual answer. It would be disingenuous to tell him "DO WUT U LEIK"

2. Barely any difference, 30->60 fps alone makes what you said a lie. The screenshots posted show you are full of shit as well.

3. If this was a ps4 vs. xbone thread you wouldn't have even replied and let the idiots brag about a 1-2 fps and 1% gfx differences. You sleazy ****.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

I have my PC hooked up to a 40' HDTV that I'll be playing DAI on (same TV I have my PS4 hooked up to btw). No good reason to buy PS4 version over PC for this game. For me anyhow. 1080p, 60fps and better graphics settings on PC over PS4 version that's going to look washed out, locked at 30fps, not sure about the res. Yeah ... no brainer about getting the PC version.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Bigboi500

@Jankarcop said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Get it on the system you want to get it on, don't listen to the disingenuous hermits here. Barely any difference between the two.

What a load of bullshit.

1. He asked a question we gave him the factual answer. It would be disingenuous to tell him "DO WUT U LEIK"

2. Barely any difference, 30->60 fps alone makes what you said a lie. The screenshots posted show you are full of shit as well.

3. If this was a ps4 vs. xbone thread you wouldn't have even replied and let the idiots brag about a 1-2 fps and 1% gfx differences. You sleazy ****.

^ Ladies and gentlemen this is a perfect example of why you don't want to turn in to a piece of shit fanboy no-lifer. It clearly clouds your judgement and makes you lash out like a wild animal over the stupidest of shit. Do all yourselves a favor and don't stick your privates in a husk of plastic, fall in love with it and let it ruin your life like the above creepo.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jankarcop

@Bigboi500 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Bigboi500 said:

What a load of bullshit.

Don't post in SW if you can't handle it, bitch boy.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Bigboi500

@Jankarcop said:

You're so obsessed with your little play-toy that you're more concerned with beefing up your system of choice's reputation than helping out a fellow gamer pick what's best for him? You're the worst kind of loser the world has to offer.

Do us all a favor and go bungee jumping with an old cord.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jankarcop

@Bigboi500 said:

@Jankarcop said:

You're so obsessed with your little play-toy that you're more concerned with beefing up your system of choice's reputation than helping out a fellow gamer pick what's best for him? You're the worst kind of loser the world has to offer.

Death threats? Damn look whose the one taking this place seriously.

Back to off-topic with you, Susan.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

Lots of games? I mean, everything has their bugs, but AC Unity is the only one I've heard getting lots of attention for it... well, except for a minor Halo MCC matchmaking issues, and much more prevalent Drive Club issues. Looks like any avenue can be a risky thing.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 lostrib

@Jankarcop said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@Jankarcop said:

that's not really a death threat

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

Get it for the Wii U.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Bigboi500

@Jankarcop said:

Are you that stupid, or the worlds lamest troll?

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Jankarcop

@Bigboi500 said:

@Jankarcop said:

Are you that stupid, or the worlds lamest troll?

Are you?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lostrib

@chriscoolguy said:

Do you guys really see much of a difference at all? If I pause it it I do but barely, would love to see some high res screen shot comparisons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H_p6MRIBos

@chriscoolguy said:

@bldgirsh said:

Is this a PS4 - PC comparison or a PC low vs ultra comparison?

It's proof that the PC footage in the video you linked (now removed) wasn't PC footage. It was mislabeled PS4 or X1 footage

"Hey guys - this was an honest mistake. It appears as though either Xbox One or PlayStation 4 footage was accidentally mislabeled as PC footage. We pulled the video down and are investigating how the wrong video footage was used in this comparison."--Dan Stapleton, IGN

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/2mmb7h/ign_proven_to_use_lower_settings_on_pc_when_doing/