Should I bother playing FF13?

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

No. It's awful. Don't waste your time.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#52 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

FF13 is basically a more casual, more straight-forward, more contrived FF10. If you didn't like FF10 then the chances of liking FF13 ar slim to none. On top of it stuff like armor, weapons, accessories are useless in this game. The leveling up if capped for each stage and designed to be at your very best at each boss encounter. There's a cut-scenes literally at ever corner. The maps are a hallway where you keep going forward and forward battling a few enemies, then a cut-scenes, then a boss fight and another cut-scene (which consists of mostly pep-talks because not even the main-characters know what they are doing).

FF13 focuses on story and battle system alone. And to be honest, the story was bad, the characters were bad and the battle system is very limited but very fast and fancy looking. Then for FF13-2 the game is a little bit more open with a stage selection ala MegaMan but everything else is even worse. They even added QTEs to the battle system in hopes of making it deeper but this is not like Zell's in FF8 where you chose his action within a time limit, FF13-2 QTEs are just that QTEs.

But as always, this is just my opinion. I have played and loved every FF game from 6 all the way to 12 but FF13 is not just the worst FF game but one of the worst game I have ever played.

Gue1

Wow.. I must really hate FF13 because i loved your comment :)

It is that bad.... the biggest dissapointment of the Generation no matter how low your standards were for the game.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
not really..... but just play it for the sake of Troy Baker ...... the new nolan north
SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

[QUOTE="SexyJazzCat"]

[QUOTE="Yo-SUP"] In terms of what? lightleggy

In terms of gameplay and fun factor.

what the hell is it wrong with trolls today?

I know right? FFXIII worst game ever? Only if you hate having fun.

NexApex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 NexApex
Member since 2012 • 225 Posts

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]

fck no. My favorite FF is FF8 by far and I also thought 12 was boring and I think that 13 is the biggest shit out there. Seriously the plot is like something you'd find in a mario game. if landing a brick on top of another one would be considered the plot of tetris, it would be a better plot than that of FF13.tagyhag

I just assumed someone whose standards allowed them to like the plot of 8 would be enough for 13. :P

:roll: ^ This guy here.

35cent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 35cent
Member since 2008 • 934 Posts

not really..... but just play it for the sake of Troy Baker ...... the new nolan northhippiesanta

He should play Tales of Vesperia instead. It's a good game and still has that Troy Baker goodness:P

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts
It is a great game in my opinion. Liked the story and gameplay. It is definetely not for everyone.
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#58 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

[QUOTE="hippiesanta"]not really..... but just play it for the sake of Troy Baker ...... the new nolan north35cent

He should play Tales of Vesperia instead. It's a good game and still has that Troy Baker goodness:P

true. Vesperia is the best Tales game of this generation. But that's not saying much since the Tales series has always been pretty average anyway. Just a condensation of a bunch of anime cliches with sometimes decent art like Vesperia and other times more generic like Xillia. Only hardcore weaboos can learn to love these kind of games... But I do find funny that even Namco admits that the only reason the Tales series is doing better now than ever is because they have no competition, and it's true. When you're starving on a genre you like you tend to like anything.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#59 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

I tried the ff13-2 demo. This is not the final fantasy I used to know!! 

cfstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 cfstar
Member since 2009 • 1979 Posts
If you're a massive die hard fan of FF then any FF game is worth playing. Otherwise it's a waste of time, don't bother.
Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Avoid at all costs and yes the battle system is god awful.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

It's not nearly as bad as people try to make it out to be, but it is one of the weakest FF's in a while, i still had a blast with it.

Try renting it if you're curious but still unsure.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

It's a JRPG, so no.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

It's a JRPG, so no.

Cyberdot
Precisely !
Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts
:( Crap I was thinking about getting this next week, thinking that it would not be as bad as people say. Now I'm just going to get xenogears off of psn.
mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 mrintro

:( Crap I was thinking about getting this next week, thinking that it would not be as bad as people say. Now I'm just going to get xenogears off of psn.Ghost120x

Xenogears is super awesome. That was a time when Square knew how to make RPGs!

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

It's not nearly as bad as people try to make it out to be, but it is one of the weakest FF's in a while, i still had a blast with it.

Snugenz
No it's pretty bad in EVERY category. The game does not EVEN HAVE A STORY technically because they say **** to the original plot 12 or so hours in (If you just start playing the game) the whole reason why the game happened, and then the rest of the game is like a totally different disc and you will feel you are not even playing the same game but some alternate version. Even the world is different at that point because you end up fighting in wider areas instead of hallways.
Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Jakandsigz

[QUOTE="Ghost120x"]:( Crap I was thinking about getting this next week, thinking that it would not be as bad as people say. Now I'm just going to get xenogears off of psn.mrintro

Define Rpg. Because making fun of Jrpgs in general to the side, even by those standrads, Xenogears is no wear close. Disc 2 is atrocious.
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

Jakandsigz

No it's pretty bad in EVERY category. The game does not EVEN HAVE A STORY technically because they say **** to the original plot 12 or so hours in (If you just start playing the game) the whole reason why the game happened, and then the rest of the game is like a totally different disc and you will feel you are not even playing the same game but some alternate version. Even the world is different at that point because you end up fighting in wider areas instead of hallways.

I've played through the game twice (on the PS3 and 360) and it most certainly does have a story, which isn't actually that bad, but it is one of the games weaker points.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

poor final fantasy.

had they stayed exclusive they would have had a legion of crazy sw people shouting from the rooftops about how it was the greatest game ever made.

since it is multplat all people do is call it out for the crappy franchise it turned into.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Jakandsigz

[QUOTE="Jakandsigz"][QUOTE="Snugenz"]

Snugenz

I've played through the game twice (on the PS3 and 360) and it most certainly does have a story, which isn't actually that bad, but it is one of the games weaker points.

No it doesn't. Think about the game until you get to bartandelus the first time till right before you start the game on pulse. Think about how the game started with a futuristic combat setting where Snow had GRENADES, and then they changed that. Think about the plot real carefully, you would not be able to give a summary without it being able to be broke apart into multiple pieces.
Legend500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Legend500
Member since 2013 • 149 Posts

Well the game is built 100% around the story, and the story is one of the worst ever conceived in modern media.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Lulu_Lulu

poor final fantasy.

had they stayed exclusive they would have had a legion of crazy sw people shouting from the rooftops about how it was the greatest game ever made.

since it is multplat all people do is call it out for the crappy franchise it turned into.

Riverwolf007
Sometimes morons like you are so adorable. :p
mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 mrintro

[QUOTE="mrintro"]

[QUOTE="Ghost120x"]:( Crap I was thinking about getting this next week, thinking that it would not be as bad as people say. Now I'm just going to get xenogears off of psn.Jakandsigz

Define Rpg. Because making fun of Jrpgs in general to the side, even by those standrads, Xenogears is no wear close. Disc 2 is atrocious.

It's been a long time since I played Xenogears, but there was once a time when Square was just on a roll. For me, it was FF7, FF8, FF9, even FF10 was ok (though I realized the series was changing), Xenogears, Vagrant Story, etc. 

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Lulu_Lulu

poor final fantasy.

Riverwolf007
Sometimes morons like you you say the most adorable things. :P
Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#76 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

do yourself a favor and avoid this game at all cost