Shigeru Miyamoto explains on why there hasn't been a new F-Zero...

• 150 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts

Source: GoNintendo

The reasons are that he felt that people were getting tired of the series and felt the series hasn't evolved that much.

In other parts regarding this, he also wants to know WHY gamers want a new F-Zero and wonders what they want from it that hasn't been done before.

---

Your thoughts? (Judging by the above statement, this will not go well...)

DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts

He spelled Mario wrong.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nintendoboy16

He spelled Mario wrong.

DrTrafalgarLaw
Looking at the F-Zero sales since GX compared to the sales of the average Mario and Zelda game, can you blame him (or anyone at Nintendo for that matter)?
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

he also wants to know WHY gamers want a new F-Zero and wonders what they want from it that hasn't been done before.

nintendoboy16

Seriously?

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 ms555
Member since 2007 • 2665 Posts
Yeah i heard this at gameinformer.....it sounds to me like Miyamoto knows we want F Zero but honestly he doesnt really want to make one. He has a "never say never" attitude right now, which means it could happen but not anytime soon If u want my predicton, id say when we get more f zero it will be a 3ds game. Kind of how nintendo used 3ds to give kid icarus another go, they will put f zero on 3ds as an alternative to mariokart 7. Its a safer bet, because the demands and expectations for handhelds are lower than for consoles, and the budget for handheld games is smaller.
DrTrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DrTrafalgarLaw
Member since 2011 • 4487 Posts
[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]

He spelled Mario wrong.

nintendoboy16
Looking at the F-Zero sales since GX compared to the sales of the average Mario and Zelda game, can you blame him (or anyone at Nintendo for that matter)?

So in the end, Miyamoto only cares about sales. Why put up the fallacy of actually caring for your fans?
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nintendoboy16

Yeah i heard this at gameinformer.....it sounds to me like Miyamoto knows we want F Zero but honestly he doesnt really want to make one. He has a "never say never" attitude right now, which means it could happen but not anytime soon If u want my predicton,

id say when we get more f zero it will be a 3ds game. Kind of how nintendo used 3ds to give kid icarus another go, they will put f zero on 3ds as an alternative to mariokart 7. Its a safer bet, because the demands and expectations for handhelds are lower than for consoles, and the budget for handheld games is smaller. ms555

Not surprising, considering he disliked GX (like when a movie actor admits to disliking being in a certain movie, example: Jackie Chan in Rush Hour, City Hunter, and The Protector).

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

Yeah i heard this at gameinformer.....it sounds to me like Miyamoto knows we want F Zero but honestly he doesnt really want to make one. He has a "never say never" attitude right now, which means it could happen but not anytime soon If u want my predicton, id say when we get more f zero it will be a 3ds game. Kind of how nintendo used 3ds to give kid icarus another go, they will put f zero on 3ds as an alternative to mariokart 7. Its a safer bet, because the demands and expectations for handhelds are lower than for consoles, and the budget for handheld games is smaller. ms555
i can see this happening too. though that would be a shame.

PopeReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PopeReal
Member since 2005 • 1303 Posts

Frankly, they could just remake F-Zero X and I would be happy.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts
People are tired of F-Zero? Can't say the series was ever over-saturated, and people want a new game now more than ever from the looks of it. I think he just doesn't want to make one.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nintendoboy16
[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]

He spelled Mario wrong.

DrTrafalgarLaw

So in the end, Miyamoto only cares about sales. Why put up the fallacy of actually caring for your fans?

Hard to still support something when the "fans" hardly care enough to still support the franchise.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Says the guy that claims GX was a disappointment. I'm more inclined to believe SEGA outdid anything he could think of, so he rather have F-Zero on hiatus than give it back to them.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

[QUOTE="ms555"]Yeah i heard this at gameinformer.....it sounds to me like Miyamoto knows we want F Zero but honestly he doesnt really want to make one. He has a "never say never" attitude right now, which means it could happen but not anytime soon If u want my predicton,

id say when we get more f zero it will be a 3ds game. Kind of how nintendo used 3ds to give kid icarus another go, they will put f zero on 3ds as an alternative to mariokart 7. Its a safer bet, because the demands and expectations for handhelds are lower than for consoles, and the budget for handheld games is smaller. nintendoboy16

Not surprising, considering he disliked GX (like when a movie actor admits to disliking being in a certain movie, example: Jackie Chan in Rush Hour, City Hunter, and The Protector).

well they could always outsource the game to anoth dev or create a team to develop it(like getting the devs of the defunct sony liverpool).

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ms555
Member since 2007 • 2665 Posts

[QUOTE="ms555"]Yeah i heard this at gameinformer.....it sounds to me like Miyamoto knows we want F Zero but honestly he doesnt really want to make one. He has a "never say never" attitude right now, which means it could happen but not anytime soon If u want my predicton, id say when we get more f zero it will be a 3ds game. Kind of how nintendo used 3ds to give kid icarus another go, they will put f zero on 3ds as an alternative to mariokart 7. Its a safer bet, because the demands and expectations for handhelds are lower than for consoles, and the budget for handheld games is smaller. TheShadowLord07

i can see this happening too. though that would be a shame.

It would certainly be a bit dissapointing, because I bet Fzero could return on wii u in an exciting new way. But im not gonna say it cant be good on 3ds too. The 3ds treated kid icarus' comeback quite well. Give fzero to the Kid icarus/smash bros guy (Sakurai?) and i bet it will be a great game portable or not.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
They should release an HD remake of GX for the U to gauge interest.
DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts

Still bitter that Sega made a better F-Zero than he ever could:P

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

F-zero for the 3DS would kick so much ASS!

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nintendoboy16

Frankly, they could just remake F-Zero X and I would be happy.

PopeReal
They may just pull that... for 3DS (Ocarina of Time and Star Fox 64/Lylat Wars, anyone?).
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nintendoboy16

Says the guy that claims GX was a disappointment. I'm more inclined to believe SEGA outdid anything he could think of, so he rather have F-Zero on hiatus than give it back to them.

Renegade_Fury

Sales wise, it was.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

nintendoboy16

Sales wise, it was.

wasn't gamecube's sales a dissapointment too? I don't think they can base a whole lot of judgement on a console that really didn't do all that well to begin with.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Renegade_Fury

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

nintendoboy16

Sales wise, it was.

When has F-Zero ever sold well? It's a niche series, and I don't see that ever changing. I just want a hardcore futuristic racer on a console or handheld, and it's been around a decade since the last F-Zero came out.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nintendoboy16
[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

savagetwinkie

Sales wise, it was.

wasn't gamecube's sales a dissapointment too? I don't think they can base a whole lot of judgement on a console that really didn't do all that well to begin with.

GC's disappointing sales doesn't matter that much when Nintendo's other first-party series STILL sold well. Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Bros. Melee, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, Pikmin and Pokemon Colosseum.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

want better graphics and a 3D f-Zero on handheld. 3D f-Zero on handhled. Not done before/ thread

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

Renegade_Fury

Sales wise, it was.

When has F-Zero ever sold well? It's a niche series, and I don't see that ever changing. I just want a hardcore futuristic racer on a console or handheld, and it's been around a decade since the last F-Zero came out.

F-Zero on the SNES sold AT LEAST a million.

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
I understand his reasoning behind this to be honest. Let's be frank, if GX was made again, it wouldn't sell. The game's difficulty would be a problem, and Nintendo would probably want to make this game accessible to everyone at the least. I think he also is a bit right on it needing something different and new, it has to also be something that will catch the eye of the next generation of gamers out there, not the ones who have fond memories of the SNES days playing their F-Zero games. I frankly would just want online features that make this game competitive to play with others, but I also want the crazy track designs like it is known for and fast paced racing at 60 FPS. I don't want it to have items and be a battle type of racer like WipeOut or Mario Kart, but yet to keep it fresh and different, I would say they need something to "hook" in new gamers. Maybe adding items wouldn't be a bad idea for the game, but I can't say I want it either.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Renegade_Fury

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]Sales wise, it was.

nintendoboy16

I knew you were going to go there. I bet it did, but what about the 5 or so that came out in the following 14 years? So again, I stand by that it's a niche series. The masses are never going to go for a tough as nails racer, so if he wants Mario like sales, then he'll have to dumb it down to the point where it's not F-Zero anymore. I don't see what's so hard about giving it to outside parties and developing at least a handheld game every 4 or 5 years.

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

Renegade_Fury

I knew you were going to go there. I bet it did, but what about the 5 or so that came out in the following 14 years? So again, I stand by that it's a niche series. The masses are never going to go for a tough as nails racer, so if he wants Mario like sales, then he'll have to dumb it down to the point where it's not F-Zero anymore. I don't see what's so hard about giving it to outside parties and developing at least a handheld game every 4 or 5 years at the least.

But because studio liverpool closed Nintendo is the only one the ENTIRE niche can turn to for their "tough as nails futuristic racer".

Avatar image for GamespotSux_IKR
GamespotSux_IKR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GamespotSux_IKR
Member since 2012 • 66 Posts

pft! Best F-Zero game: Smash Bros

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Yea, GX sold like crap, we know that.

It's a shame "the sheep" ignored it...

Why I'd like a new one?

Well, I'd like to experience it in glorious HD, with online play and a track editor.

A remake of F-Zero X for the 3DS would probably also do well enough, considering Star Fox 64 3D did.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

Renegade_Fury

I knew you were going to go there. I bet it did, but what about the 5 or so that came out in the following 14 years? So again, I stand by that it's a niche series. The masses are never going to go for a tough as nails racer, so if he wants Mario like sales, then he'll have to dumb it down to the point where it's not F-Zero anymore. I don't see what's so hard about giving it to outside parties and developing at least a handheld game every 4 or 5 years.

Doesn't that say something that after the first game, the sales and popularity went down faster than Nintendo's own waning reputation itself? It's not like Fire Emblem where it never sells a million, but games still get made anyway.

You say you don't see what's so hard with outsourcing F-Zero to other developers, and acknowledge Miyamoto's disappointment with GX?

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
The games in the series hasn't even been released all that often so I'm not sure what the problem is. I'd be happy with new stages, 12 or 16 player online mode, more custom machine parts to build my own machine with, another story mode as difficult as GX, and a technically well developed....
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#32 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Just give SEGA F-Zero again.
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Just give SEGA F-Zero again.siLVURcross

And watch it bomb in sales...

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

[QUOTE="siLVURcross"]Just give SEGA F-Zero again.nameless12345

And watch it bomb in sales...

That has hardly anything to do with it,sega made the best F-Zero game out there,if people didn´t bought it then that isn´t sega´s problem,maybe nintendo should´ve advertised it more.

lol trying to put the blame on sega.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts
Just give SEGA F-Zero again.siLVURcross
Pretty much,they made the best f-zero after all.
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Renegade_Fury

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]F-Zero on the SNES sold AT LEAST a million.

nintendoboy16

Doesn't that say something that after the first game, the sales and popularity went down faster than Nintendo's own waning reputation itself? It's not like Fire Emblem where it never sells a million, but games still get made anyway.

You say you don't see what's so hard with outsourcing F-Zero to other developers, and acknowledge Miyamoto's disappointment with GX?

To me it all it says was that people were intially blown away with Mode 7, but once they got over it, they didn't want to stick around for the actual substance. It's a hard game, and being a futuristic racer no less, I don't think it's possible for it to ever sell. So Miyamoto saying he's disappointed, really tells me nothing, because critically, F-Zero GX was received as a fantastic game. So yeah, I don't see what's so hard about outsourcing the series and making a cent here and there every few years.

NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

nintendoboy16

Sales wise, it was.

That upsets me because F-Zero GX is my favourite racing game ever created.

Oh well, we got it on Nintendo Land! Yay..

It'd be nice if they just made it on 3DS, or even remade F-Zero X on 3DS, I don't really care I just want a new F-Zero - if it's sales he wants, why not just advertise the **** out of it?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

NirdBerd

Sales wise, it was.

It'd be nice if they just made it on 3DS, or even remade F-Zero X on 3DS, I don't really care I just want a new F-Zero - if it's sales he wants, why not just advertise the **** out of it?

Also, Captain Falcon's outfit in Namco's Tekken Tag Tournament 2

As well as his more than likely chance of appearing in Super Smash Bros. 4

You know franchises lie F-Zero, Metroid, and Star Fox are in trouble when the best thing Nintendo can do with them is reference them in other games.

NirdBerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 NirdBerd
Member since 2007 • 2113 Posts

[QUOTE="NirdBerd"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]Sales wise, it was.

nintendoboy16

Also, Captain Falcon's outfit in Namco's Tekken Tag Tournament 2

As well as his more than likely chance of appearing in Super Smash Bros. 4

You know franchises lie F-Zero, Metroid, and Star Fox are in trouble when the best thing Nintendo can do with them is reference them in other games.

Man they seriously need to bring back those series....

It's also sad that Miyamato had to say 'buy Star Fox 64 3D or I will kill this series'

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
silly miyamoto, people want a new F-zero because it's the fastest racing game ever, with excellent, creative track design, kick-ass soundtrack and responsive controls. all of these are more than you can say about any other racing game.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="siLVURcross"]Just give SEGA F-Zero again.MrYaotubo
Pretty much,they made the best f-zero after all.

I liked GX I just wish it had a similar soundtrack to F-Zero and F-Zero X I liked that music better then the music in GX.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
They should release an HD remake of GX for the U to gauge interest.Zeviander
Would buy.
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

Well i was more interested in the "smile" when talking about Metroid saying "iMetroid

- with a huge smile, said that it could become a more beautiful action game"

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#44 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

Metroid

- with a huge smile, said that it could become a more beautiful action gamesource

Eeeeuuurgh.

I hope that's a bad translation.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

Maybe the game can evolve into an Online Multiplayer galore fest? I would love to play against 29 other racers across the globe, it's also perfect for Miiverse.

caryslan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 caryslan2
Member since 2005 • 2486 Posts

silly miyamoto, people want a new F-zero because it's the fastest racing game ever, with excellent, creative track design, kick-ass soundtrack and responsive controls. all of these are more than you can say about any other racing game.BrunoBRS

About the closest series to F-Zero in terms of gameplay or overall design is Wipeout. Which means there are pretty much two futuristic racers on the market, and one of them(F-Zero) has not even seen a game in years.

Which pretty much leaves Wipeout as the only racer of this type that's on the market.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
That makes sense, a Wii version wouldn't have any improvements over GX really. Friend codes and bad motion controls in F Zero? No thanks. A new one on WiiU makes sense though, get the HD graphics, online modes, and add in a track editor if ye want to be really nice :)
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#48 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]silly miyamoto, people want a new F-zero because it's the fastest racing game ever, with excellent, creative track design, kick-ass soundtrack and responsive controls. all of these are more than you can say about any other racing game.caryslan2

About the closest series to F-Zero in terms of gameplay or overall design is Wipeout. Which means there are pretty much two futuristic racers on the market, and one of them(F-Zero) has not even seen a game in years.

Which pretty much leaves Wipeout as the only racer of this type that's on the market.

Soon to not be on the market, considering Studio Liverpool's closure.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 nintendoboy16
[QUOTE="caryslan2"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]silly miyamoto, people want a new F-zero because it's the fastest racing game ever, with excellent, creative track design, kick-ass soundtrack and responsive controls. all of these are more than you can say about any other racing game.Cherokee_Jack

Soon to not be on the market, considering Studio Liverpool's closure.

Thus, killing the futuristic racer. Which makes it more sad because Wipeout was FAR more popular than F-Zero ever was.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44566 Posts
I'm not an F-Zero fan, don't dislike it just never played anythingn F-Zero related. However, I think Nintendo should reconsider, if they dive right into the same redundant franchises we get with every Nintendo system I don't think people are going to be as attracted by that. Bringing back something like F-Zero might just serve a purpose of giving us something fresh, something to feel Nintendo is trying rather than just getting an updated Mario Kart that makes us feel like Nintendo is just doing a generational milking of their franchises. Also, I think what brings people back to Nintendo is some level of nostalgia, F-Zero has a lot of potential there.