princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#51 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

I guess Sony won today in terms of megaton announcements but the exclusive lineup shown was pathetic. TLG was quite disappointing, though Guerilla's new game looked interesting. And they didn't even show Persona 5, their biggest exclusive for the rest of 2015...

Microsoft easily has a lead in upcoming exclusives. And they didn't even show QB, Crackdown, and Scalebound.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59380 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@uninspiredcup: I will never donate to any Kickstarter campaign.

I'm not inherently against it, but it's baffling that no alarm bells are ringing.

I get people LIKE the game, but doesn't this even seem just a teeny weeny bit suspect. Just a tiny teeny bit. Like, grand canyon miles wide size?

Look at it this way, if someone was up their at an Activision or EA stage asking for a kickstarter, everyone on this forum would be raising an eye-brow, without qeastion.

IT'S FUCKING SOYLENT GREEN! IT'S PEOPLE!

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

So to get this right....

They go to E3. a place full of billionaire companies, with one of them partnering with them, giving them stage time.

But.... they still need a kickstarter? For... some... reason.

My friends, this is a scam to save Sony development money, like many kickstarter scams, they already have a publisher, abusing what kickstarter was actually for.

Sean mu can **** right off.

Perhaps is to, I don't know, pay off sega to allow him to make the game? Sega still owns the franchise if you didn't realize.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10311 Posts

25% funded already.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 uninspiredcup

@playharderfool said:
@uninspiredcup said:

So to get this right....

They go to E3. a place full of billionaire companies, with one of them partnering with them, giving them stage time.

But.... they still need a kickstarter? For... some... reason.

My friends, this is a scam to save Sony development money, like many kickstarter scams, they already have a publisher, abusing what kickstarter was actually for.

Sean mu can **** right off.

Perhaps is to, I don't know, pay off sega to allow him to make the game? Sega still owns the franchise if you didn't realize.

If that was the case, then that would be even fucking worse.

Most companies (e.g. Castlevania or Megaman), use the money to develop a similar game with a different name. If any of that money is just going to buy the rights, holy ****. Some easy turkey shooting.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

It's only 2M. For god sake, I was scared, on the E3 conference it looked like 12M LOL. I was thinking 12M DAMN that's ambitious. But 2M is OK.

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

This shit will eventually rival Star Citizen (although obviously not topple it) as the largest kickstarter ever.

Hell, even if it does half as much...

Game could be fucking amazing

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

This is a really great thing!

I donated $20 already :D

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#60  Edited By CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

About two people already pledged about $10,000, those little rich bastards.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#61  Edited By FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

I'm not inherently against it, but it's baffling that no alarm bells are ringing.

I get people LIKE the game, but doesn't this even seem just a teeny weeny bit suspect. Just a tiny teeny bit. Like, grand canyon miles wide size?

Look at it this way, if someone was up their at an Activision or EA stage asking for a kickstarter, everyone on this forum would be raising an eye-brow, without qeastion.

There are no alarm bells ringing. It's not a game that's being published by Sony.

Shenmue 1 wasn't a commercial success. Shenmue 2 wasn't a commercial success. The series had been dead for 14 years because no one wanted to fund a commercially unsuccessful series.

The reason they have chosen a Kickstarter is because Yu Suzuki wants to know if fans will put their money where their mouth is. Using the Sony conference and being released on the PS4 is simply free marketing Suzuki did not have to pay for.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#62 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

I would have preferred a new Virtua Fighter.

Great for fans of the series.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63  Edited By santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

800k! This thing's gonna be funded by tomorrow lunch!

The 10,000 dollar tier is already all gone (limit 3). lul

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

830k already, they'll walk the $2m target.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

If they raise 10 million yen they make Xbox Verison

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 uninspiredcup

@FrozenLiquid said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

There are no alarm bells ringing. It's not a game that's being published by Sony.

Shenmue 1 wasn't a commercial success. Shenmue 2 wasn't a commercial success. The series had been dead for 14 years because no one wanted to fund a commercially unsuccessful series.

The reason they have chosen a Kickstarter is because Yu Suzuki wants to know if fans will put their money where their mouth is. Using the Sony conference and being released on the PS4 is simply free marketing Suzuki did not have to pay for.

Making stuff up.

Not a valid argument.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

already almost half way there

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

There should be a XBOX ONE Stretch Goal.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 santoron

1 million down, 1 million to go! Hell, this might get funded before I get to sleep.

Funny that we had an e3 announcement... of a Kickstarter O.o, but I'm glad it helped get awareness sky high.

Shenmue 3, baby!!!!

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

You know MS could have written that check a long time ago.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6060 Posts

Just backed for $30. The dumb-asses could have got an easy $60 from me if they had a PS4 physical copy. Oh well.

cyclops10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 cyclops10
Member since 2004 • 696 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@FrozenLiquid said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

Making stuff up.

Not a valid argument.

Its common sense. No executive is going to fund a cult came of this cost of they don't know if there is interest out there.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 FrozenLiquid

@uninspiredcup said:
@FrozenLiquid said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

Making stuff up.

Not a valid argument.

I think your browser glitched. This is the thread about Shenmue III being Kickstarted after 14 years.

The thread where some guy made up some bullshit argument about how Pillars of Eternity is the creme de la creme is somewhere else. But I'd agree with you that he's making stuff up about that disappointing game and that it's an invalid argument.

Anyway gents, hell yeah this game is almost at a million already =D

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 santoron

@ellos said:

There should be a XBOX ONE Stretch Goal.

Good news is they are going to have plenty of time to make (and reach) new stretch goals on this. If Xbox owners want this game they need to put 5 bucks in, make comments about an X1 version, and vote in the polls! If interest is shown I'm sure it could happen, but people are going to have to put money where their mouth is.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#76 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5296 Posts

Now $1,075,629.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 uninspiredcup

@FrozenLiquid said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@FrozenLiquid said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

Making stuff up.

Not a valid argument.

I think your browser glitched. This is the thread about Shenmue III being Kickstarted after 14 years.

The thread where some guy made up some bullshit argument about how Pillars of Eternity is the creme de la creme is somewhere else. But I'd agree with you that he's making stuff up about that disappointing game and that it's an invalid argument.

My friend, making up something, then attempting to go on an off topic attack, on something unrelated,based on opinion is nonsense.

I'm trying to save gaming, Mexican waves without thought or substance destroys gaming,

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By uninspiredcup

@cyclops10 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Making stuff up.

Not a valid argument.

Its common sense. No executive is going to fund a cult came of this cost of they don't know if there is interest out there.

Do you honestly think, a billionaire company like Sony, would use a spot at E3, the largest consumer show in the world, to gouge interest in a game?

The market is gouged considerably. This is not a 5 year old child deciding wither to buy a lollipop, entire teams work on predicting this shit.

Regarding this game, and Sony, Playstation 4 first right? Doesn't sound seedy at all.

It's almost as if.... somehow they knew before hand..... this would raise a shit ton of money like other nostalgia games, and.... being cynical fuckers, took advantage of that, allowing the pre-set publisher, to save money.

But, publishers are lovely people, they have never done anything seedy or bar lowering.

Just being a negative nancy again!

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#79 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

These are the end times. 1/3 "will never happen" games are now happening. Watch Nintendo **** us with the Mega Man Legends 3 announcement tomorrow. Then **** it, Half Life 3 at the PC one. The internet is already blown to pieces because of Shenmue/Last Guardian- might as well go for the trifecta.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@cyclops10 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Making stuff up.

Not a valid argument.

Do you honestly think, a billionaire company like Sony, would use a spot at E3, the largest consumer show in the world, to gouge interest in a game?

The market is gouged considerably. This is not a 5 year old child deciding wither to buy a lollipop, entire teams work on predicting this shit.

Regarding this game, and Sony, Playstation 4 first right? Doesn't sound seedy at all.

its PC and PS4...don't see anything that says PS4 first.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 FrozenLiquid

@cyclops10 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@FrozenLiquid said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

Making stuff up.

Not a valid argument.

Don't deprive the troll of his tin foil hat, man. It's all he's got.

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

Do I still get the game.if I make a higer donation likr 175

cyclops10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By cyclops10
Member since 2004 • 696 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@cyclops10 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Making stuff up.

Not a valid argument.

It's almost as if.... somehow they knew before hand..... this would raise a shit ton of money like other nostalgia games, and.... being cynical fuckers, took advantage of that, allowing the pre-set publisher, to save money.

Imagine.

Possibly? Given their recent financial issues, it's not beyond the realm of possibilities that they didn't want to fund a massive budget for a game that has historically been a massive flop in term of sales. Just because something is popular on the internet doesn't mean it will translate into actual fiscal return.

Your suggestion is possible too, but to act like its some sort of of evil tactic that only Sony would use is disingenuous. It's just business.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

So is there no chance of this game coming to Xbox, or is it too soon to say?

I'll still donate, I'll likely have a PS4 by the time this releases.

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

@resevl4rlz said:

You can just get the game when it releases. You don't HAVE to donate to this to get it.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#86  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
@Buckhannah said:
@resevl4rlz said:

You can just get the game when it releases. You don't HAVE to donate to this to get it.

however this may be the only time to get it for $30

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

I am currently sitting out this gen but I will buy a PS4 and shenmue 3 on day one of release. Ryo's father must be avenged. Lan di must pay. 2017 holiday season prolly.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9570 Posts

@Blabadon is really enjoying E3

Effec_Tor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#89 Effec_Tor
Member since 2014 • 914 Posts

This is huge and good news for the Shenmue fans.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#90 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18268 Posts

Holy crap, almost 1 million and a half already...people loves Shenmue, hopefully we will get a re release from the previous games to all of us who never played the previous ones.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By FrozenLiquid

@madsnakehhh said:

Holy crap, almost 1 million and a half already...people loves Shenmue, hopefully we will get a re release from the previous games to all of us who never played the previous ones.

To be honest......

Most people today won't like Shenmue. It's an exercise in patience lol. It's a pre-GTA open world game. If you watch the Kickstarter video where Shenhua and Ryo jump across the river.... that's what the game is like lol, and it makes a big deal out of it :P

It also looks like they'd rather make "Shenmue films" with the stretch goal money. It's what they did for Xbox owners who didn't get to play Shenmue 1.

Effec_Tor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Effec_Tor

@madsnakehhh said:

Shenmue and Yu Suzuki has a stronk cult like following.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Honestly don't entirely understand what is so special about this nowadays but whatever. Also since its kickstarter its basically going to come out a long time later.

Backed it. Not sure why but I think I got swept up in the moment.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#94 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

This is huge... Then there was The Last Guardian. Never thought we'll live long enough to see these games ever again, especially Shenmue 3... Meanwhile, Valve is still busy, printing money through Dota and Steam.

Effec_Tor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Effec_Tor

This is hilarious.

Shenmue 3 Reveal reaction (GameTrailers)

Loading Video...

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 FrozenLiquid

Fastest video game to hit $1 million on Kickstarter. The hype is real.

Lucky hit, bitch.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#97 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19689 Posts

Shenmue 3 becomes fastest game to ever hit $1M on Kickstarter

The game being made for PC and PlayStation is second only to smartwatch Pebble Time in reaching the $1 million mark.

by / June 15, 2015 8:59 PM PDT

Ys Net
Ys Net

In less than two hours, Shenmue 3 -- which went live on Kickstarter Monday at 6:51 p.m. PT -- has become the fastest game on the crowdfunding platform to reach the $1 million mark, and the second-fastest ever Kickstarter campaign to reach the landmark figure.

It comes in behind smartwatch Pebble Time, which reached the $1 million mark in just 49 minutes, and ahead of Reaper Miniature Bones II, at around two and a half hours.

It's also soared ahead of Banjo-Kazooie spiritual successor Yooka-Laylee. That video game launched on Kickstarter just last month, hitting $1 million at around the 6-hour mark.

Shenmue 3, which was announced during Sony's presentation at this year's E3 conference, is seeking a minimum of $2 million in funding, which developer Ys Net said would go towards creating the game in collaboration with fans.

"Since the release of Shenmue 2, now 14 years ago, I have been greeted by the passionate outpouring of dedicated fans and Shenmue community members wherever I go. They all want to know one thing: 'When will Shenmue 3 be coming out?' With the advent of games using Kickstarter during these past few years, the new and now frequent demand from the fans has been, 'Do a Kickstarter for Shenmue 3!'" director and producer Yu Suzuki wrote.

"If Shenmue 3 was going to get made, I wanted to make it with the fans. Through Kickstarter, I knew that could happen. Together, with Shenmue fans everywhere, I knew we could build the game that the series deserves."

Shenmue 3 reached $1 million within around an hour and 40 minutes of the campaign's launch.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 uninspiredcup

@cyclops10 said:

Your suggestion is possible too, but to act like its some sort of of evil tactic that only Sony would use is disingenuous. It's just business.

As far as kickstarter goes, it seems it isn't something that actually needs kickstarted. Anyone with a single clue, even remotely with a vague sense of gaming or kickstarter will be well aware nostalgia driven games are primarily the company's that benefit.

This could have probably quite easily have went on kickstarter and raised whatever money required though independent means. Instead, what we apparently have is pre-set support from a multibilliondollar company tied to them while simultaneously creating a pleading video for donations/preorders through the system.

If someone walked on dragons den and asked for money for a project, in which they already had the backing, the dragons would most likely tell them to piss off, and indeed, have.

And that's a good point actually (that i make, me), watch the pitches on Dragon Den with business men, they have exactly the same cynical attitude, as it's them putting money on the table. They not only inspect the product, they inspect the business behind it, including the ethics.

Loading Video...

With kickstarter, specifically with video games aimed at 20 somethings, people are not as savvy as this, they are much easier to win over, your reactions here are evident of that, pretty much not a single one of you even raised a qeastion about why, just that something shiny is being dangled.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Sony is like **** no we aint funding this game. I'll get it on PC.