Seriously, let's look at how the XBOX ONE is better than PS4

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Thunder7151
Member since 2013 • 456 Posts

XBOX ONE has:

• Better launch lineup of games
  • Better online service
  • Better controller - I don't really believe the rumors online that the DS4 is better than the XBOX ONE controller. I could be wrong though.
  • Better camera

Those are some major advantages in XBOX ONE's favor. There's no denying that. I know this infuriates Cows, but the truth is the truth.

I am not saying the PS4 is inferior. The PS4 is great!! I'm just saying that the XBOX ONE definitely has some major strengths. I am getting both consoles at their launches, so I am not bias towards either one.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

1. Opinion

2, Opinion

3. Opinion

4. Opinion

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

Not 1 of the things you listed are facts nor can you or have you had a chance to personally try all of the hardware or services to form a personal opinion.

That's the problem with fanboys they make things up in their minds and think they have "facts" to present as a solid argument. I am not going to waste time arguing "facts" you have made up in your head that you have no way of backing up.

The funny thing is though is that the ONLY arguments you have presented in this thread are "made up facts" (not even worthy of being called opinion). It's quite telling that you couldn't come up with one solid fact to go along with all your fluff to argue why xbox 1 is better than PS4.

BTW:

Love the new disclaimer by xbox guys at the beginning or end of their Xbox 1 fanboy rants saying "I am getting both consoles" as is that somehow makes the non-sense in their arguments more credible.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts
@Sweenix said:

1. Opinion

2, Opinion

3. Opinion

4. Opinion

Read my post, you can't even say what he wrote was an opinion, that gives it more credibility than it's worth. It is just random unsupported fluff.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@Thunder7151 said:

XBOX ONE has:

• Better online service
  • Better controller - I don't really believe the rumors online that the DS4 is better than the XBOX ONE controller. I could be wrong though.
  • Better camera

Those are some major advantages in XBOX ONE's favor. There's no denying that. I know this infuriates Cows, but the truth is the truth.

I am not saying the PS4 is inferior. The PS4 is great!! I'm just saying that the XBOX ONE definitely has some major strengths. I am getting both consoles at their launches, so I am not bias towards either one.

1. Better Launch Line Up -
    Xbox One: 23 Games, Launch Window Games: 6
    PS4: 30 Games, Launch Window Games: 22
    Yea really looks like a better line up please get facts right, and look at the history, No matter if you love Microsoft or Sony, facts are facts Sony always delivers on 1st party games throughout the consoles life span up until the end, Microsoft do not, and most of the time they love timed exclusive except the main few which are the same old.
  2. Better Online Service -
    Of course Microsoft are better at this than Sony, they make windows and work with pc's all the time, but this cannot be fact until both systems are out, because seeing what Sony is offering with all that social stuff right on the start up looks good, so we'll have to see.
  3. Better Controller -
    This comes down to preference, but you have to realize that Sony have teamed up with some of the biggest developers to create this, and the main people are Bungie, designed so fps games have the right control. but it is personal choice and we'll see
  4. Better Camera - who really cares, no one bothers with it,

No major advantages please come back when you have some actual facts, and it's already facts that the PS4 has better hardware under the hood than Xbox One, and it's $100 dollars cheaper, Forget online, offline is where it all starts, that needs to be top notch before online.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I prefer the xbox controller

Avatar image for numarpompillious
numarpompillious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 numarpompillious
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Have any of you ever gotten your hands on either console to make a comparison......no of course you haven't so I think everybody needs to stfu until they actually come out.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

The Xbone has better games, controller and online service because Thunder7151 on Gamespot says so. Roffles.

aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By aia89
Member since 2009 • 2828 Posts

In a couple of years we can start talking about which one is better. At the end of the day games will be the judge. We can say Ps4 is graphically more capable, but the good news is graphics won't matter in the end, only games will. I'm confident in Sony's first party though.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#10  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@aia89 said:

In a couple of years we can start talking about which one is better. At the end of the day games will be the judge. We can say Ps4 is graphically more capable, but the good news is graphics won't matter in the end, only games will. I'm confident in Sony's first party though.

This

/thread

---

You damn lemmings keep going on and on about the damn kinect making the Xbone better. lol, please stop. I swear I'm going to start bringing back the "Cool Story Bro" pics for topics like these.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Thunder7151 said:

XBOX ONE has:

• Better online service
  • Better camera

No

No

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Yes but who cares.

PS360Wii4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PS360Wii4eva
Member since 2010 • 297 Posts

VCR player design cuz ya use it to WATCH TV LOL

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

@Thunder7151 said:

XBOX ONE has:

• Better online service
  • Better camera

1. Killzone Shadowfall > Dead Rising 3 and Rise combined

2. With all the improvements Sony is saying they have made, doubt it

3. Preference, not fact

4. Definitely, but zero shits are given... nobody even wants the cameras in the first place.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@Sweenix said:

1. Opinion

2, Opinion

3. Opinion

4. Opinion

Right. This will be the popular opinion as soon as reviews come in after launch. Everyone will see how poor the PS4 really is and how super awesome the X1 is.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FoxbatAlpha

@PS360Wii4eva said:

Sony wants TV on the PS4 more than anyone. Sorry if this de-rails your opinion of your console. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/16/business/media/sony-and-viacom-reach-tentative-internet-tv-deal.html?_r=0

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Sweenix said:

1. Opinion

2, Opinion

3. Opinion

4. Opinion

Right. This will be the popular opinion as soon as reviews come in after launch. Everyone will see how poor the PS4 really is and how super awesome the X1 is.

HAHAHAHA, keep on dreaming. Everyone sees the Xbone for what it is, a failure that tried to ruin consumer rights, push kinect in everyone's face and a wannabe cablebox.

Now the facts:

Better specs and cheaper price >>>> kinect and ???

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bezza2011

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@PS360Wii4eva said:

Sony wants TV on the PS4 more than anyone. Sorry if this de-rails your opinion of your console. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/16/business/media/sony-and-viacom-reach-tentative-internet-tv-deal.html?_r=0

No got that wrong, all this is, is so Sony have more Streaming options for people through there ps4/media, xbox one basicly is wanting a monthly charge for interlinking your existing cable with a over lapped xbox one guide instead, sony are just making options, xbox one wants you to get cable and pay for their service aswel, i mean at the end of the day both want to be media hubs its a given, the only thing is, sony preached and delivered that there system is a games console first foremost to the gaming community and microsoft came out and was all TV to the gaming community. i mean microsofts tv thing only works in america and i believe it's with one certain cable company so i don't know

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FoxbatAlpha

@bezza2011 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@PS360Wii4eva said:

No got that wrong, all this is, is so Sony have more Streaming options for people through there ps4/media, xbox one basicly is wanting a monthly charge for interlinking your existing cable with a over lapped xbox one guide instead, sony are just making options, xbox one wants you to get cable and pay for their service aswel, i mean at the end of the day both want to be media hubs its a given, the only thing is, sony preached and delivered that there system is a games console first foremost to the gaming community and microsoft came out and was all TV to the gaming community. i mean microsofts tv thing only works in america and i believe it's with one certain cable company so i don't know

Don't hide the fact that Sony want all the options that MS are bringing to the X1. Remember, Sony copies everything.

mrjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mrjohno
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I think the Xbox One will be a great console and will have great 1st party games being released on it but there is no denying that Microsoft pissed off a large portion of the gaming community and that is why they will suffer during launch. I won't be buying one this year but if they have a strong E3 and regain my trust I may come around. As far as I'm concerned, the ball is in there court to win me back!!

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#20  Edited By Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

So you're saying the Xbox One is better than the PS4, but the PS4 isn't inferior? What?

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

@bezza2011 said:

@Thunder7151 said:

XBOX ONE has:

• Better online service
  • Better camera

Yea really looks like a better line up please get facts right, and look at the history, No matter if you love Microsoft or Sony, facts are facts Sony always delivers on 1st party games throughout the consoles life span up until the end, Microsoft do not, and most of the time they love timed exclusive except the main few which are the same old.
    Of course Microsoft are better at this than Sony, they make windows and work with pc's all the time, but this cannot be fact until both systems are out, because seeing what Sony is offering with all that social stuff right on the start up looks good, so we'll have to see.
  3. Better Controller -
    This comes down to preference, but you have to realize that Sony have teamed up with some of the biggest developers to create this, and the main people are Bungie, designed so fps games have the right control. but it is personal choice and we'll see

No major advantages please come back when you have some actual facts, and it's already facts that the PS4 has better hardware under the hood than Xbox One, and it's $100 dollars cheaper, Forget online, offline is where it all starts, that needs to be top notch before online.

How can you say Sony will have better 1st party games because they always have and then say you have to wait for both systems are out to see which is the better online service? Is this the Sony rules of looking at things?

You can only estimate/go off what people say until they are launched and then we can have a good look at them. That goes for graphics as well, as it will take developers to use the power before we can really say how much difference there is. So going off what is known.

1. Take the indie games out of the picture and the launch games are far better on the Xbox one. No offence to indie games but its the big budget games that count especially at launch and in this area Xbox One wins.

According a thread on these forums relating to a website listing developers Microsoft actually has more than Sony in the 1st party development area. Microsoft have bought developers and combine this with timed and full exclusives I wouldn't use history to write them off.

2. Xbox Live has always been a better online service, they are investing massively in this area. It should be better.

3. Better controller, this is defo down to preference. Both have technical improvements.

4. Better Camera, your opinion is an opinion. The fact is the Kinect is far superior to what the PS4 has to offer.

If you really think offline is going to be key in this generation I'd re read the articles about Services and social being so important for both consoles. Online is the direction for both in this generation and will be key.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

I will eventually own both if Microsoft drops the Kinect from the bundle. Until that happens I'm not that interested at the moment. And I'mnot paying for something I don't want to begin with.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@Thunder7151: The problem is a lot of the positives about the X1 are just flat out diseregarded as important by cows. You talk to them about online services, games, social elements, kinect.....all you get is ahhh thats all nonsense it doesnt matter, its not for us "core" gamers, it cant be proven blah blah blah. Its rubbish.

For cows its all about the specs and that $100, but to me those things are unimportant. The all in one entertainment, the voice commands, kinect in general, the social elements, Xbox music, the total entertainment integration totally outweighs the extra flops and the price point advantage of the PS4.

PSBore is boring. X1 is fun.

From my experience the Xbox community is more pleasant than the Playstation community also.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@Thunder7151: Oh look a post filled with opinion as if your likes determine mine or anyone else's. Also.....merely looking at launch line-ups is shortsighted and frankly silly.

OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

Thats a lot of opinoins you have there dude,probably should keep them to yourself,lol

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By always_explicit

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Thunder7151: Oh look a post filled with opinion as if your likes determine mine or anyone else's. Also.....merely looking at launch line-ups is shortsighted and frankly silly.

fo·rum

/ˈfôrəm/

Noun
  1. A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Perhaps it is thou who is short in sight.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LJS9502_basic

@always_explicit said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

fo·rum

/ˈfôrəm/

Noun
  1. A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

So pedantic in the morning. Hey here's a new word for you to look up. Opinion. Which is all his post is. Not fact. Nothing to discuss because what he likes is what he likes.

I'm sorry my post was over your head.

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 always_explicit

@LJS9502_basic said:

@always_explicit said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

fo·rum

/ˈfôrəm/

Noun

So pedantic in the morning. Hey here's a new word for you to look up. Opinion. Which is all his post is. Not fact. Nothing to discuss because what he likes is what he likes.

Yet despite the fact there is "Nothing to discuss" you felt compelled to contribute to the discussion. interesting.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LJS9502_basic

@always_explicit said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@always_explicit said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

fo·rum

/ˈfôrəm/

Noun

Yet despite the fact there is "Nothing to discuss" you felt compelled to contribute to the discussion. interesting.

I didn't discuss his issues.....I stated they were opinion. Again....sorry my post was over your head.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 always_explicit

@LJS9502_basic said:

@always_explicit said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@always_explicit said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

fo·rum

/ˈfôrəm/

Noun

I didn't discuss his issues.....I stated they were opinion. Again....sorry my post was over your head.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LJS9502_basic

@always_explicit said:

I thought so....

Avatar image for SirSlimyScrotum
SirSlimyScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 SirSlimyScott
Member since 2013 • 275 Posts

1. This is mostly down to what you enjoy; I would personally wait for Infamous Second Son to anything currently announced for the Xbone.

2. You're yet to use the online service,so you have no opinion in the matter, also due to fee what PlayStation owners have to pay for an online service it'll most likely improve.

3. Batteries .

4. No gamer wishes to use the camera, also it'll will not improve the experience during gameplay.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Xbox One isn't as bad as people make it out to be, although I may just be trying to talk myself into it since I preordered one. Regardless my biggest two issues with it are #1 Paying for Kinect when I won't use it. and #2 The damn Controller uses batteries still, I mean seriously wtf is up with that.

always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 always_explicit

@TwistedShade: Its certainly not as bad as people seem to make it out to be.

Im totally with you on the batteries front, although not a huge issue its not something I understand.

I think it terms of kinect there is an awful lot more focus on integrating it. I think its purpose is to act as a control hub for the way we interact with the console.

I think if I walk into a room with the intention of just watching a movie its going to be a nice touch to say Xbox On...open netflix scroll through content using a flick of the wrist and begin watching my movie of choice. No its not entirely necessary but its

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LJS9502_basic

@always_explicit said:

Im totally with you on the batteries front, although not a huge issue its not something I understand.

I think it terms of kinect there is an awful lot more focus on integrating it. I think its purpose is to act as a control hub for the way we interact with the console.

I think if I walk into a room with the intention of just watching a movie its going to be a nice touch to say Xbox On...open netflix scroll through content using a flick of the wrist and begin watching my movie of choice. No its not entirely necessary but its

I'd rather not have something on in my house all the time just because I'm too lazy to hit up a remote.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TwistedShade

@LJS9502_basic said:

@always_explicit said:

I'd rather not have something on in my house all the time just because I'm too lazy to hit up a remote.

You're more than welcome to turn it off. Not to mention it's silly to be concerned with matters like that in this day and age. I guess you don't have a Smartphone either since the Government can easily spy on you through it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LJS9502_basic

@TwistedShade said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@always_explicit said:

You're more than welcome to turn it off. Not to mention it's silly to be concerned with matters like that in this day and age. I guess you don't have a Smartphone either since the Government can easily spy on you through it.

Then you can't walk into a room and say TV on.....my point dude. And in this day and age IS when one should be concerned about that.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TwistedShade

@LJS9502_basic said:

@TwistedShade said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@always_explicit said:

Then you can't walk into a room and say TV on.....my point dude. And in this day and age IS when one should be concerned about that.

They've already said they aren't collecting data or spying on people so your own wild opinion is all you have to go off of. And if you truly are concerned about your privacy then you should go live in a log cabin off in the woods with no electronics in site. It sounds like you're singling out the Xbox One, which isn't a fair argument when that issues is widespread all over the place.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

Well, I think that ps + has better online (overall). I think ps4 has the better launch lineup. I think the Ds4 is the better controller. The X1 controller looks like a step-down in ergonomics. My opinion is just as truthful as yours

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bezza2011

@tdkmillsy said:

@bezza2011 said:

@Thunder7151 said:

XBOX ONE has:

• Better online service
  • Better camera

3. Better Controller -

How can you say Sony will have better 1st party games because they always have and then say you have to wait for both systems are out to see which is the better online service? Is this the Sony rules of looking at things?

You can only estimate/go off what people say until they are launched and then we can have a good look at them. That goes for graphics as well, as it will take developers to use the power before we can really say how much difference there is. So going off what is known.

1. Take the indie games out of the picture and the launch games are far better on the Xbox one. No offence to indie games but its the big budget games that count especially at launch and in this area Xbox One wins.

According a thread on these forums relating to a website listing developers Microsoft actually has more than Sony in the 1st party development area. Microsoft have bought developers and combine this with timed and full exclusives I wouldn't use history to write them off.

2. Xbox Live has always been a better online service, they are investing massively in this area. It should be better.

3. Better controller, this is defo down to preference. Both have technical improvements.

4. Better Camera, your opinion is an opinion. The fact is the Kinect is far superior to what the PS4 has to offer.

If you really think offline is going to be key in this generation I'd re read the articles about Services and social being so important for both consoles. Online is the direction for both in this generation and will be key.

I can say this because since ps1 - ps2 - ps3, Sony's first party developers have provided a massive array of varied games, they never stop. Microsoft on the other hand have 4 major developers who are first party and they make the same game each time, Halo, Gears of War, Fable, Forza. and yes they probably have more first party of which most are kinect games which are first party as it's for kinect. seriously did xbox 360 not show you anything, hardly any varied 1st party games. plus E3 was where xbox needed to show off a big blockbuster new ip to swing the vote but nothing except o wait a new halo.

1. What games, i mean the best games which are coming out are multiplats, Dead Rising 3??? well number 2 was on ps3 so i'm no doubt either it's a timed exclusive as normal or that the 4th will be multiplat and only the first game was any good, name me a game whats coming out which is first party which trumps all over the ps4 line up?????

2. Xbox Live is good there is no denying that, But like i said Microsoft are at home with that stuff, Sony always going to be playing catch up but is that a deal breaker who knows they aren't out yet.

3. Better controller well alot of people are saying different, alot are saying the new improved ds4 is an absolute blast and the new xbox one controller isn't that great but thats only on preference, i personally like them both and i dislike things about both of them.

4. The fact is they are both completely different camera setups, and when it comes down to it really it isn't going to matter it won't take off it's still to gimmicky until games come out but i mean you need the space for that stuff and most gamers like sitting down and using a controller, i don't see standing up gaming taking off for a long time until they can capture it spot on so it isn't really a point to sway me either way.

Offline gaming is not key, i didn't say that, i said Offline gaming is where it starts, thats where the biggest players are, online is great don't get me wrong but majority of players are all offline gamers, Cod and Racers, and shoot out games are the online. but story, graphics, the feel of the game, the controls, thats the building blocks first and foremost.

Like I said non of the list is a clear advantage, xbox one what game is coming out which is going to beat ps4 games???? whats coming out down the line Halo?? Fable?? yes, whats coming out for ps4 well all the main 1st studio's are working on games due out the end of next year, and you already know there going to be of a high quality. Microsoft on the other hand isn't a sure bet, you may get some you may get nothing.

And Please don't qoute Titanfall, it's a timed exclusive anyway the developers have already said they are bringing to ps4 once the contract expires on xbox one. it's from the same people who make cod so it will become cod which will be multiplat

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

Valve could have the best controller yet. The fact that you almost never have to remove your thumbs from the trackpads gives it a considerable advantage to any dual stick controller to date.

I know off topic.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

So basically, there are ZERO advantages for the XB1.

Thanks for clarifying this for the 100th time.

We already know it's an overpriced, commercialized, marketing data-collecting machine.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@Sweenix said:

1. Opinion

2, Opinion

3. Opinion

4. Opinion

Pretty much. Although Kinect might be better than the PS Eye, but the PS Eye works in conjunction with the controller and Move too. Features to what Kinect offers no equivalent.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Why do people support the xbone? It is less powerful, more expensive and has a built in spy cam that will be used for advertising.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

So... 3 of those points are preferences and does not have a right or wrong. Most of them said without having any hands on with either, so they are dismissed quite easily.

But I will agree on Kinect is likely far better then the ps eye. If it is a positive is up to each user, but I think it is hard to argue that it is likely the far better optics.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

@bezza2011 said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@bezza2011 said:

@Thunder7151 said:

XBOX ONE has:

• Better online service
  • Better camera

3. Better Controller -

I can say this because since ps1 - ps2 - ps3, Sony's first party developers have provided a massive array of varied games, they never stop. Microsoft on the other hand have 4 major developers who are first party and they make the same game each time, Halo, Gears of War, Fable, Forza. and yes they probably have more first party of which most are kinect games which are first party as it's for kinect. seriously did xbox 360 not show you anything, hardly any varied 1st party games. plus E3 was where xbox needed to show off a big blockbuster new ip to swing the vote but nothing except o wait a new halo.

1. What games, i mean the best games which are coming out are multiplats, Dead Rising 3??? well number 2 was on ps3 so i'm no doubt either it's a timed exclusive as normal or that the 4th will be multiplat and only the first game was any good, name me a game whats coming out which is first party which trumps all over the ps4 line up?????

2. Xbox Live is good there is no denying that, But like i said Microsoft are at home with that stuff, Sony always going to be playing catch up but is that a deal breaker who knows they aren't out yet.

3. Better controller well alot of people are saying different, alot are saying the new improved ds4 is an absolute blast and the new xbox one controller isn't that great but thats only on preference, i personally like them both and i dislike things about both of them.

4. The fact is they are both completely different camera setups, and when it comes down to it really it isn't going to matter it won't take off it's still to gimmicky until games come out but i mean you need the space for that stuff and most gamers like sitting down and using a controller, i don't see standing up gaming taking off for a long time until they can capture it spot on so it isn't really a point to sway me either way.

Offline gaming is not key, i didn't say that, i said Offline gaming is where it starts, thats where the biggest players are, online is great don't get me wrong but majority of players are all offline gamers, Cod and Racers, and shoot out games are the online. but story, graphics, the feel of the game, the controls, thats the building blocks first and foremost.

Like I said non of the list is a clear advantage, xbox one what game is coming out which is going to beat ps4 games???? whats coming out down the line Halo?? Fable?? yes, whats coming out for ps4 well all the main 1st studio's are working on games due out the end of next year, and you already know there going to be of a high quality. Microsoft on the other hand isn't a sure bet, you may get some you may get nothing.

And Please don't qoute Titanfall, it's a timed exclusive anyway the developers have already said they are bringing to ps4 once the contract expires on xbox one. it's from the same people who make cod so it will become cod which will be multiplat

Your missing the point. On the one hand you use history to say that PS4 will have better 1st party games. Yet if you look at history Xbox live is been better. So by your analogy Xbox Live will be better for Xbox One. If you look at the investment alone it will be superior and Sony have some way to catch up. Even if Sony had a few more exclusives than Microsoft the impact is unknown and we will have to wait and see if that is a deal breaker. In fact really history means nothing, its a new generation and both will have learnt lessons and will be working on bettering the other in all areas.

Offline gaming is old school, yes it will still be important but online gaming and services are what will make this generation. They both know this and are pushing hard in these areas.

Titanfall might be a timed exclusive but while it is still not on PS4 Microsoft could pay for it to stay off PS4 so until its officially announced I wouldn't bet on it. The only games on PS4 really being pushed as blockbuster are Killzone 4 and Infamous 3. Care to name any other blockbuster games coming in 2014? Halo will be good but Quantum Break, D4 and indeed Titanfall will be blockbuster on Xbox One. You claim high quality but its 70%+ indie games.

You need 2 feet infront of your TV to use Kinect 2 and everyone will have that and as far as standing up taking off errr have you seen how well the Wii did. Before you say Wii is old, offline gaming is older still.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@Thunder7151 said:

XBOX ONE has:

• Better online service
  • Better camera

While I think 2# and 4# are true, the other two are just opinion. I haven't seen anyone anywhere suggest the new PSEye is equal or superior than the Kinect 2.0.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#49 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Thunder7151 said:

XBOX ONE has:

• Better online service
  • Better camera

1-I agree

2-I agree

3-Completely subjective, to those who prefer either. If 90% say DS4, are you going to as well, even if your hands don't agree?

4-Well duh. Sony is just looking for a comparative product for the few that would want it. The only thing that makes either "better" is what games do you want to play?

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@Sweenix said:

1. Opinion

2, Opinion

3. Opinion