Seriously, are people STILL thinking about getting a PS3?????

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

accameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 accameron
Member since 2004 • 1521 Posts

thanks to those of you who actually reponded to my question. Much appreciated.

By the way, despite my PS3 bashing, I love all of you cows. Your posts brighten my days, they really do. And I am sure that all of you are nice people in real life. I wish you guys the best!

Sincerely Yours,

accameron

Food_Nipple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Food_Nipple
Member since 2003 • 8379 Posts
give me a fewkickass exclusives, then maybe I'll give you all my money to play them.
Blinblingthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Blinblingthing
Member since 2005 • 6943 Posts

"a pile of stinking feces. "

accameron

that's how i summarized your post

ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 ImaPirate0202
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts
[QUOTE="accameron"]

"a pile of stinking feces. "

Blinblingthing

that's how i summarized your post

That's how I summarize his threads.

GIJames248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 GIJames248
Member since 2006 • 2176 Posts

I have a PS3 (60gig SKU) in the mail right now. It came down to choosing that or a 360 and I didn't want to wait till I could be sure that my 360 wouldn't RROD on me. That and I missed out on the PS2 last gen and just recently started playing some of the games and they are amazing (FF X) and a large number are exclusive to the PS3. So yes you could levy the whole "waitstation" stuff if you wanted to, but now that PS3 has a handful of good exclusive AA titles and one AAA and hopefully (and yes those are not based off of GS scores, but rather averages from Metacritic: If Valve uses them they can't be to bad) I won't be bored, but I will be poor. I will miss Mass Effect, Too Human, and Halo 3 though which is a bummer.

krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts

PS3 has a AAA as long as you remember that Gamespot can't review a game to save their lives. Well, at least a game on the PS3.dewmandew7

FANBOY lol go to IGN that site sucks

Pimpshigity21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Pimpshigity21
Member since 2005 • 1896 Posts

[QUOTE="fistoflight"]Sigh someone shoot this guy alreadyaccameron

Is making threats a bannable offense? No need to resort to violence, homeboy.

LOL.

Imagine how mad this guy is right now. Apparently you got under his skin.

Nice going!!!!:lol:

neversummer75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 neversummer75
Member since 2006 • 1136 Posts
If everything pans out well I will be getting one in a years time.
berga52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 berga52
Member since 2003 • 146 Posts
[QUOTE="trizzle_a"]

Go to gamerankings.com

Look for R&C: ToD

????

Profit.

accameron

Believe it or not, my thread was not directed at today's PS3 game review. I was asking if anyone was still thinking about getting a PS3, and maybe 1-2 posters actually answered the question. The rest, as usual, ignored my question and just bashed me.

Poor, poor me.

Deny it all you want. This thread is directly referring to the PS3 review. If it had got an AAA score, you would not have made this thread. Every reply would be something like "9.0/thread."

Blinblingthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Blinblingthing
Member since 2005 • 6943 Posts

I want one. The games on it are awesome with more on the way!_Dielan_

I want one, Will Have one by the end of 07

accameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 accameron
[QUOTE="accameron"][QUOTE="trizzle_a"]

Go to gamerankings.com

Look for R&C: ToD

????

Profit.

berga52

Believe it or not, my thread was not directed at today's PS3 game review. I was asking if anyone was still thinking about getting a PS3, and maybe 1-2 posters actually answered the question. The rest, as usual, ignored my question and just bashed me.

Poor, poor me.

Deny it all you want. This thread is directly referring to the PS3 review. If it had got an AAA score, you would not have made this thread. Every reply would be something like "9.0/thread."

No. I meant, in light of the high price, disappointing games, lack of rumble, lack of BC, and constant Sony hilarity, why would anyone get a PS3 right now? WAIT WAIT WAIT until at least a year from now to see if things have improved at all. They probably will, but the way things are going now they very well may not be going well at all.

Khnemu23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 Khnemu23
Member since 2005 • 496 Posts
I am still getting a PS3. Mainly for "the game that shall not be named tonight", but also for Tekken and Killzone 2. The PS3 has the game series I want. I could care less what others say about the system, how many times Sony shoots themselves in the foot with their PR decisions, or even that game sites give some PS3 titles scores lower than they deserve. I like the PS3 because it has the franchises I want. Nothing against Halo and Mario. Both of those franchises are perfectly fine, but I can only afford one system this generation due to college costs and the PS3 has what I want.
CrazyCarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 CrazyCarter
Member since 2007 • 522 Posts

thanks to those of you who actually reponded to my question. Much appreciated.

By the way, despite my PS3 bashing, I love all of you cows. Your posts brighten my days, they really do. And I am sure that all of you are nice people in real life. I wish you guys the best!

Sincerely Yours,

accameron

accameron

i haven't been this entertained for a while. look at the way cows are acting because an underhyped game still flopped. they are really pissed.

Oyeoyeoye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Oyeoyeoye
Member since 2007 • 479 Posts
There is always so much blind anger in response to threads like these. He raises a legitimate point. The variaty and quality of games right now does not compare with the 360. There will be reasons to buy a PS3 in the future but as of now I don't see it either. PS3 owners may say that it has great line up already but you are the minority that thinks that. Just look at the abysmal software sales or the news article quoting that Sony is begging developers to stick with their system. I just can't see how a serious gamer would want a PS3 RIGHT NOW.
greenpyro33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#65 greenpyro33
Member since 2007 • 3872 Posts

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/ratchetandclankfuturetoolsofdestruction

Hilarious indeed.

BobHipJames

owned

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#66 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts
Im happy with my PS3 and my 360 they go well hand in hand i don't know why people bash it so much it has potential and games and it will only get better.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
I do to go along with a 360 for the ultimate combo. But when its cheaper with Dualshock 3 in the box, in the UK.
  • I still want to play R&C even though it may well deserve its score.
  • I'm pumped for Killzone 2, because its the most impressive console game I've ever seen and I enjoyed the original (deserved its score, I can play by my heart but I'm not blind to its faults).
  • Uncharted is right up my alley.
  • MGS4's gameplay and production values blow me away.
  • Any multiplats that look and play better on it (Oblivion, Dirt, etc)
  • Free online.
  • Blu-Ray movies
^.^
Oyeoyeoye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Oyeoyeoye
[QUOTE="BobHipJames"]

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/ratchetandclankfuturetoolsofdestruction

Hilarious indeed.

greenpyro33

owned

Not really, many people here use GS as their main source for reviews. I would use less than half of those 15 reviewers as a legitimate source for information. Maybe 3.

Polaris_choice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Polaris_choice
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts
Im not thinking about getting a PS3 I already bought one. And when I look whats coming out later this year and next year im glad I did.
Oyeoyeoye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Oyeoyeoye

Im not thinking about getting a PS3 I already bought one. And when I look whats coming out later this year and next year im glad I did. Polaris_choice

Before or after the price drops?

Mandingo101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Mandingo101
Member since 2007 • 2317 Posts
i have always planned to get one for MGS4, and i still am. im trying to get this 20% christmas discount from my brother on the 80 gig so i can have the BC.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
Well I am one of the few I just traded in all my 360 stuff and got a 60 gig PS3. I also picked up R&C which is a good game and since I am new to the series it is a AAA title because nothing is recycled to me.
Polaris_choice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Polaris_choice

[QUOTE="Polaris_choice"]Im not thinking about getting a PS3 I already bought one. And when I look whats coming out later this year and next year im glad I did. Oyeoyeoye

Before . I am happy however my PS3 is the one with full backward compatiablity.

Oyeoyeoye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Oyeoyeoye
[QUOTE="Oyeoyeoye"]

[QUOTE="Polaris_choice"]Im not thinking about getting a PS3 I already bought one. And when I look whats coming out later this year and next year im glad I did. Polaris_choice

Well, there was more than one price drop. I should of been specific. I personally don't like buying something to have the price drop shortly after. A similar situation for me was when the xbox elite was released two months after buying one.

Polaris_choice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Polaris_choice
[QUOTE="Polaris_choice"][QUOTE="Oyeoyeoye"]

[QUOTE="Polaris_choice"]Im not thinking about getting a PS3 I already bought one. And when I look whats coming out later this year and next year im glad I did. Oyeoyeoye

Well, there was more than one price drop. I should of been specific. I personally don't like buying something to have the price drop shortly after. A similar situation for me was when the xbox elite was released two months after buying one.

Yea if there is one thing that pisses me off about this console generation its different SKU's for each product. ButI think the $500 80gig PS3 is a good investement for any gamer.

Spartanx23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#76 Spartanx23
Member since 2005 • 1554 Posts

I am not going to even mention today's "controversial flop" (the responses to which I personally find hilarious), but the PS3 is moreso than ever a sinking ship. Sony releases a $399 PS3, and then takes out backwards compatibility!!!???? What are they smoking? And their excuse is that they "want to push PS3 game sales." Well, of course they do, because PS3 game sales are horrendous! There have only been a handful of weeks EVER that there was ONE PS3 game in the top 10 weekly sales. I thought that I said that the infamous 60gig clearance sale was the last straw, and that before that the $599 pricetag or the countless insanely obnoxious statements by Sony execs was the last straw- I keep getting more and more amazed, since Sony seems to have MANY last straws left to pull, the latest being the lack of BC in the 40gig. Can they screw the PS3 up any more than they already have, from now on???? I honestly can't think of anything left that they can screw up.

Why is anyone thinking about getting a PS3 right now? Let 2008 run its course, let them drop the price again and again, release some actual AAA exclusives, and have full BC like a playstation system should always have, and MAYBE, in about a year at least, if the PS3 has proven itself I may give it a look. Right now, and for the foreseeable future, the PS3 is a pile of stinking feces.

And how funny is cow denial and anti-gamespotism today?? This is like watching a train wreck, you simply can't look away!

accameron

I can see where your coming from, but I think Sony is doing the right thing. Mind you, I think there doing this in there best interest. They don't have an addicting multiplayer fragfest's like Halo and Halo 2 around, so they can afford to cut BC. I personally think Microsoft wouldn't have bothered with BC if it weren't for Halo. I'll admit that it was the only game I cared about. We got it in 720p and it was online. Add to the fact every 360 had to be able to play nice with the old Xbox, because of Halo or Halo 2 LAN parties. That being said, Sony did the right thing.

No one will care about God Of War 2, GT3, GT4, or Metal Gears 2 and 4. Those PS2 heavy hitters aren't carry over specials that will be played in the future. If you want the past. then break out the good ol' PS2. The same couldn't be said about Microsofts flagship title. Anyway, I'm going off on a tangent.

The $400 PS3 will help Sony now and in the future, because it's the system they should have launched on day one. Furthermore, they should just shut their mouths about 1080p. I think Sony may finally get this, because if they don't, then they'll continue to get burried. Sony needs to focus on games!

The new $400, 720p, HDMI, Blue-ray, 40g HD system is the only way to go. Most people will purchase this one, myself includid. I didn't need those rediculously pricedPS3's. Who did? That system never made any sense to me, but this one does. It's the real answer to the 360 Pro, and when Microsoft drops the HD-DVD drive to $100-150 bucks this holiday, then the battle is on like Donkey Kong! Top hit movies like the Matrix Triligy, and Transformers will help drive those add ons.

But atleast Sony will have some games. I think that this is there last chance to really boost sales before their mega games like MGS4 and Killzone show up. But are they in for a fight or what?

Who knows what will happen. Nintendo is looking for a relaunch affect with Mario Galaxy, and now Microsoft releases the HDMI 360 arcade version with wireless controller, so that everybody can afford Halo 3, Mas Effect, PGR4, and every other game.

Atleast Sony has Uncharted and Little Big Planet left. Those should be pretty good games.

DementedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 DementedDragon
Member since 2003 • 5095 Posts
I'll definitely be purchasing a 60GB before this years end; I feel comfortable paying the current price. And I like the games it has more compared to the other systems (i'll be getting a Wii and 360 too.)
JunkanooPunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 JunkanooPunch
Member since 2007 • 134 Posts

I am not going to even mention today's "controversial flop" (the responses to which I personally find hilarious), but the PS3 is moreso than ever a sinking ship. Sony releases a $399 PS3, and then takes out backwards compatibility!!!???? What are they smoking? And their excuse is that they "want to push PS3 game sales." Well, of course they do, because PS3 game sales are horrendous! There have only been a handful of weeks EVER that there was ONE PS3 game in the top 10 weekly sales. I thought that I said that the infamous 60gig clearance sale was the last straw, and that before that the $599 pricetag or the countless insanely obnoxious statements by Sony execs was the last straw- I keep getting more and more amazed, since Sony seems to have MANY last straws left to pull, the latest being the lack of BC in the 40gig. Can they screw the PS3 up any more than they already have, from now on???? I honestly can't think of anything left that they can screw up.

Why is anyone thinking about getting a PS3 right now? Let 2008 run its course, let them drop the price again and again, release some actual AAA exclusives, and have full BC like a playstation system should always have, and MAYBE, in about a year at least, if the PS3 has proven itself I may give it a look. Right now, and for the foreseeable future, the PS3 is a pile of stinking feces.

And how funny is cow denial and anti-gamespotism today?? This is like watching a train wreck, you simply can't look away!

accameron

do you really belive that ? the ps3 is a sinking ship ? :roll:

R&C got awesome reviews everywhere else, just because it floped @ gamespot does not mean the PS3 is in trouble, Its not like the whole world depends on GS to tell them what game to buy this holiday season. :roll:

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts
Chances are I'll buy one with MGS4 unless that game goes Multiplat.. :? Otherwise I'll be waiting for a while.. which is rather strange because I'm going on my 2nd year with the 360 and normally I would've bought a 2nd system by now.. :? As of this moment I just can't see a reason to spend $500 for a system when the 360 shares alot of it's good games..
iMacBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#80 iMacBot
Member since 2007 • 947 Posts

accameron

I don't care anymore. PS3 ownersare hated here anyways on Gamespot, so I'm going somewhere else. They can close my account for all I care. They used to be so good at what they do, not they suck.

mattyomo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 mattyomo99
Member since 2005 • 3915 Posts

Seriously, are you STILL thinking about making more PS3 threads?????

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts
[QUOTE="accameron"]

iMacBot

I don't care anymore. PS3 ownersare hated here anyways on Gamespot, so I'm going somewhere else. They can close my account for all I care. They used to be so good at what they do, not they suck.

LOL this is pretty funny.. The lemmings said the exact same thing last gen when GS rated a bunch of XBox games harshly ie Fable, Jade Empire, Crimson Skies... They thought that GS was being bais against the Xbox...

PMatt722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 PMatt722
Member since 2007 • 935 Posts
PS3 games cant even be called flops anymore, they are just bad to begin with...no flopping involved
Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

I've already planned on getting a 360 Elite next week. To go along as a secondary console, I actually plan on getting a PS3 by January 2008. There is still hope IMO, for the PS3, and I'm actually looking forward to these games in 2008 and beyond:

1. Killzone 2 - (believe it or not I'm optimistic about it)
  2. GT5 - (I'm a car nut and I still love Forza)
  3. Haze - (another FPS I'm optimistic about)
  4. RE5 - (yes I know its on 360, but all my RE's are on PS platform, including RE4, despite the other ones, RE0, REmake, RE4 on my GC)
  5. GTA IV - All my GTAs are on PS platform, so why not?
To all haterz, that's a solid 5. :D
DeathIsARight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 DeathIsARight
Member since 2007 • 947 Posts

Im still gettingone, but not now. I want R&C FTOD. I played the demo, and i was satisfied enough. Although, R&C wont be enough for me to lay down 499.99, but, its still going to be the first game i buy w/ the console.

Haziqonfire

It's 399 now for the 40 gig. R&C is going to be good and is a AAA title. Get a PS3 now and Uncharted, MGS4 and more will make you happy you did.

sonofabear17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 sonofabear17
Member since 2006 • 1941 Posts
...yes:| im gonna get one but probably not till next year sometime....im gonna get Wii first
accameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 accameron
[QUOTE="accameron"]

iMacBot

Geez, is it really that bad that ONE game got an underwhelming score on this site??? Talk about being overly-sensitive!

racastro65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 racastro65
Member since 2006 • 1081 Posts

accameron

I dont want one, its not its moment, and frankly I think it never will...I do want a Wii though...

snipe2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 snipe2004
Member since 2007 • 1872 Posts
sorry not everyone shares your opinion. its like your asking "why get an xbox or gamecube when the ps2 is better?"
loudharley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 loudharley
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts
I wouldnt mind having one but the ps3 is to expensive for my blood.Id like to have all the new game consoles just because i like playing games and all three systems will have some nice things to offer.
MalachiLiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 MalachiLiu
Member since 2003 • 462 Posts
[QUOTE="accameron"]

Spartanx23

I can see where your coming from, but I think Sony is doing the right thing. Mind you, I think there doing this in there best interest. They don't have an addicting multiplayer fragfest's like Halo and Halo 2 around, so they can afford to cut BC. I personally think Microsoft wouldn't have bothered with BC if it weren't for Halo. I'll admit that it was the only game I cared about. We got it in 720p and it was online. Add to the fact every 360 had to be able to play nice with the old Xbox, because of Halo or Halo 2 LAN parties. That being said, Sony did the right thing.

No one will care about God Of War 2, GT3, GT4, or Metal Gears 2 and 4. Those PS2 heavy hitters aren't carry over specials that will be played in the future. If you want the past. then break out the good ol' PS2. The same couldn't be said about Microsofts flagship title. Anyway, I'm going off on a tangent.

The $400 PS3 will help Sony now and in the future, because it's the system they should have launched on day one. Furthermore, they should just shut their mouths about 1080p. I think Sony may finally get this, because if they don't, then they'll continue to get burried. Sony needs to focus on games!

The new $400, 720p, HDMI, Blue-ray, 40g HD system is the only way to go. Most people will purchase this one, myself includid. I didn't need those rediculously pricedPS3's. Who did? That system never made any sense to me, but this one does. It's the real answer to the 360 Pro, and when Microsoft drops the HD-DVD drive to $100-150 bucks this holiday, then the battle is on like Donkey Kong! Top hit movies like the Matrix Triligy, and Transformers will help drive those add ons.

But atleast Sony will have some games. I think that this is there last chance to really boost sales before their mega games like MGS4 and Killzone show up. But are they in for a fight or what?

Who knows what will happen. Nintendo is looking for a relaunch affect with Mario Galaxy, and now Microsoft releases the HDMI 360 arcade version with wireless controller, so that everybody can afford Halo 3, Mas Effect, PGR4, and every other game.

Atleast Sony has Uncharted and Little Big Planet left. Those should be pretty good games.

Best insight thus far. Thank-you for a good read. I agree 100% with you.

Ipik_Fenris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Ipik_Fenris
Member since 2005 • 3627 Posts

i still want to buy one but im waiting for a good deal.MikeB_74

same

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60722 Posts
I'm not..I already own it and VERY happy and satisfied that I do.
3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts
by gamespots standards you're better of getting a 360 with Kameo :)
4D_RROD_GC1_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 4D_RROD_GC1_5
Member since 2007 • 91 Posts

accameron

The only stinking pile of Feces is your opinion and the idea that your opinion means anything. Dont bother responding to this because I am not going to offer a reply. You simply aren't worth my time. I barely wanted to write this. I rate your post a 7.5. Its Great.
Dr_Drooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Dr_Drooom
Member since 2004 • 12640 Posts
They do better with the PS4 in 2017.