Seriously, are people STILL thinking about getting a PS3?????

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

accameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 accameron
Member since 2004 • 1521 Posts

I am not going to even mention today's "controversial flop" (the responses to which I personally find hilarious), but the PS3 is moreso than ever a sinking ship. Sony releases a $399 PS3, and then takes out backwards compatibility!!!???? What are they smoking? And their excuse is that they "want to push PS3 game sales." Well, of course they do, because PS3 game sales are horrendous! There have only been a handful of weeks EVER that there was ONE PS3 game in the top 10 weekly sales. I thought that I said that the infamous 60gig clearance sale was the last straw, and that before that the $599 pricetag or the countless insanely obnoxious statements by Sony execs was the last straw- I keep getting more and more amazed, since Sony seems to have MANY last straws left to pull, the latest being the lack of BC in the 40gig. Can they screw the PS3 up any more than they already have, from now on???? I honestly can't think of anything left that they can screw up.

Why is anyone thinking about getting a PS3 right now? Let 2008 run its course, let them drop the price again and again, release some actual AAA exclusives, and have full BC like a playstation system should always have, and MAYBE, in about a year at least, if the PS3 has proven itself I may give it a look. Right now, and for the foreseeable future, the PS3 is a pile of stinking feces.

And how funny is cow denial and anti-gamespotism today?? This is like watching a train wreck, you simply can't look away!

MikeB_74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MikeB_74
Member since 2007 • 829 Posts
i still want to buy one but im waiting for a good deal.
D3monchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 D3monchicken
Member since 2005 • 1270 Posts

I am not going to even mention today's "controversial flop" accameron

You just did...

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Im still gettingone, but not now. I want R&C FTOD. I played the demo, and i was satisfied enough. Although, R&C wont be enough for me to lay down 499.99, but, its still going to be the first game i buy w/ the console.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts
i still want one. just not right now
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts

I am not going to even mention today's "controversial flop" (the responses to which I personally find hilarious), but the PS3 is moreso than ever a sinking ship. Sony releases a $399 PS3, and then takes out backwards compatibility!!!???? What are they smoking? And their excuse is that they "want to push PS3 game sales." Well, of course they do, because PS3 game sales are horrendous! There have only been a handful of weeks EVER that there was ONE PS3 game in the top 10 weekly sales. I thought that I said that the infamous 60gig clearance sale was the last straw, and that before that the $599 pricetag or the countless insanely obnoxious statements by Sony execs was the last straw- I keep getting more and more amazed, since Sony seems to have MANY last straws left to pull, the latest being the lack of BC in the 40gig. Can they screw the PS3 up any more than they already have, from now on???? I honestly can't think of anything left that they can screw up.

Why is anyone thinking about getting a PS3 right now? Let 2008 run its course, let them drop the price again and again, release some actual AAA exclusives, and have full BC like a playstation system should always have, and MAYBE, in about a year at least, if the PS3 has proven itself I may give it a look. Right now, and for the foreseeable future, the PS3 is a pile of stinking feces.

And how funny is cow denial and anti-gamespotism today?? This is like watching a train wreck, you simply can't look away!

accameron
The PS3 is the only console I am considering.
_Dielan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 _Dielan_
Member since 2007 • 532 Posts
I want one. The games on it are awesome with more on the way!
dewmandew7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 dewmandew7
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts
PS3 has a AAA as long as you remember that Gamespot can't review a game to save their lives. Well, at least a game on the PS3.
AnimeHendrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AnimeHendrix
Member since 2006 • 2595 Posts
Well, whatever. Cows got a flop.
Phoenix963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Phoenix963
Member since 2006 • 1006 Posts

They want the system because they dont wanna be given shooter after shooter after shooter after shooter and then banjo. seriously.. people like other games we dont just like shooters... anyways if the ps3 sucks so much, dont make a post abotu it.

and oh.

Go away

ChrisMun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ChrisMun
Member since 2003 • 1100 Posts
Newflash Lemming. GS isn't the entire gaming industry. Shocking. Isn't it?
sexy_chimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sexy_chimp
Member since 2007 • 6457 Posts
My brother is bringing his home from college so it will kind of be the console that will be there, but I won't notice it. However, I'm not going to let GS's score of R&C change my opinion of it and there are some future releases (LBP, Uncharted) that look interesting so I will get something out of it.
Tactis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Tactis
Member since 2006 • 1568 Posts
I want one, not now as soon as FF13 comes out i will probably get one(2009, if its 2008 probably will have to wait because i already have too many games lined up to buy next year)
black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts

Well, judging by the responses in this thread, I say you failed with your thread TC.

accameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 accameron
[QUOTE="accameron"]

Final_Rise

I AM PISSED STFU..I DONT WONNA SEE ANOTHER FKIN MICROSOFT FANBOY LIKE YOU. YOU ARRE LIKE THE LEADER OF THE XBOX FANBOYS. I HATE YOU DIE IN A HOLE. I ALSO HATE ARRON

Whoa, slow down, dude. Don't be so sensitive over a game review, or a post asking about whether people are going to buy a PS3. Perfectly legitimate, honest, and relevant questions, dude.

BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BobHipJames
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/ratchetandclankfuturetoolsofdestruction

Hilarious indeed.

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts
Waiting for GT5 and another SKU/price drop that I am sure will happen next year.
trizzle_a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 trizzle_a
Member since 2007 • 1186 Posts

Go to gamerankings.com

Look for R&C: ToD

????

Profit.

accameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 accameron

Newflash Lemming. GS isn't the entire gaming industry. Shocking. Isn't it?ChrisMun

As far as System Wars goes, it IS the entire gaming industry.

Man, the Cows are HOT and BOTHERED today. What could be their problem??? Why is there so much gamespot bashing tonight? Did I miss something?

Eltroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Eltroz
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts
[QUOTE="accameron"]

Final_Rise

I AM PISSED STFU..I DONT WONNA SEE ANOTHER FKIN MICROSOFT FANBOY LIKE YOU. YOU ARRE LIKE THE LEADER OF THE XBOX FANBOYS. I HATE YOU DIE IN A HOLE. I ALSO HATE ARRON

Ya but tell us what you really think :lol:
BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BobHipJames

[QUOTE="ChrisMun"]Newflash Lemming. GS isn't the entire gaming industry. Shocking. Isn't it?accameron

Man, the Cows are HOT and BOTHERED today. What could be their problem??? Why is there so much gamespot bashing tonight? Did I miss something?

You missed this.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/ratchetandclankfuturetoolsofdestruction

Make sure you get it this time.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts
Since I just got a RROD not even 24 hours ago instead of regetting another 360 this holiday Im getting a PS3 and I'll get a 360 again when I know not to fear the RROD.So I basically traded in a RROD 360 to GS and got a PsP,funny how it worked when he tried it (I tried it twice this morning and got the RROD still and yes I checked the cables and everything I even let it set over night before I tried again).
accameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 accameron

Go to gamerankings.com

????

Profit.

trizzle_a

Believe it or not, my thread was not directed at today's PS3 game review. I was asking if anyone was still thinking about getting a PS3, and maybe 1-2 posters actually answered the question. The rest, as usual, ignored my question and just bashed me.

Poor, poor me.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Relys
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts
Yeah, taken out BC pretty much flooped the ps3.. I mean, come on! What are they expecting us to play?
pablito3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 pablito3
Member since 2005 • 254 Posts

wow 7.5 that is real sad. not for the ps3,but for gamespot.i played the demo and loved it. I WANT EVERYOBNE TO LOOK AT THE REVIEWS FOR ALL THE OTHER SITES.Every magazine out there gave it an 8.5 or higher. thats just shows how biased gamespot is.

GAMESPOT REVIEW (PREPARE TO SHOCKED AND APPALLED) - 75/100

1up review- 85/100

GameTrailers review- 90/100

GamePro- 100/100

Gaming-Age- 90/100

IGN- 94/100

Gamezone- 93/100

EGM - 90/100

GamerNode- 95/100

Pro-G- 90/100

Games Radar - 90/100

PSX Extreme- 90/100

PSM - 95/100

PSM3 Magazine UK - 93/100

BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BobHipJames
[QUOTE="trizzle_a"]

Go to gamerankings.com

????

Profit.

accameron

Believe it or not, my thread was not directed at today's PS3 game review. I was asking if anyone was still thinking about getting a PS3, and maybe 1-2 posters actually answered the question. The rest, as usual, ignored my question and just bashed me.

Poor, poor me.

Oops. Once more for your convenience. Almost stumbled over it that time, watch where you're going.

ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ImaPirate0202
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

[QUOTE="ChrisMun"]Newflash Lemming. GS isn't the entire gaming industry. Shocking. Isn't it?accameron

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/932369.asp

You were saying?

burner0921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 burner0921
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts

This is a weak thread. The average consumer most likely doesn't care if it plays PS2 games or not. They want PS3 games on their PS3.

I think the reason Sony pulled B/C from the 40 is just so people that are worried about it buy the 60 instead. Once you get them in the stores and they see it doesn't have it, if they are concerned about it they then say "ahh what's a few dollars more since I'm already spending this much." Think about it...makes sense

ChrisMun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ChrisMun
Member since 2003 • 1100 Posts

Well, yeah. Of coures they are. Just as the Sheep were with MP3. Bothered. What will happen if say Mass Effect scored an 8.0? Lemmings would be all hot and crazy over that score. It's going to happen either way with any game that gets hyped and scores with bad joo joo. I just find it funny that we have a game like Warhawk, that's nothing but an online game scoring an 8.5, then we get R&C at a 7.5. You have to admit that's very strange for the two games and their scores. But the score are final. Can't complain but only accept what they are.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 REforever101

this is so perfect...

its so much fun to watch

i plan on getting a ps3, but im still enjoying this

ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts
accameron where do you live I have present for you. Your just so awsome. I want a ps3!!!
ParkCarsHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#36 ParkCarsHere
Member since 2004 • 3556 Posts
Count me out! The PS3 has nothing worth getting (in my opinion, I'm not forcing my views on anyone :P) and is a waste of money. I'd much rather buy software for my Wii and 360 rather than save up for a piece of hardware that has no games to back up it's extroadinarily high price tag.
Avatar image for NavigatorsGhost
NavigatorsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NavigatorsGhost
Member since 2006 • 6483 Posts

[QUOTE="fistoflight"]Sigh someone shoot this guy alreadyaccameron

Is making threats a bannable offense? No need to resort to violence, homeboy.

Well no, its not. But your continued one sided view is getting tiring. You don't like the PS3, we get it already. This thread isn't even about anything really, you're just stating your distaste for the PS3 again. And your inability to accept the fact that the PS3 has some good games and will be getting a lot better ones in the near future is obnoxious.

What exactly is wrong with the new 400 dollar PS3? Lemmings and sheep have been complaining about the PS3's price since launch. So now it gets dropped but the lack of BC is a huge issue? Why? You one of the 10 gamers on the planet that didn't own a PS2 last gen?

40 gig PS3 still has blu ray, still has Wifi, still has decent sized hard drive, still has free online, still has wireless controllers (soon with motion and rumble!), will still have Home, so whats the problem?

HeroOfCows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 HeroOfCows
Member since 2007 • 506 Posts
Entirely ignoring your post, no, I'm not thinking about getting a PS3, I know I'm going to get one someday (Christmas, possibly). Why, you might ask? Looking at my name, you'd think I'm some sort of super cow, but this is not the case. The only current gen console I own is a 360 (My name is the unfortunate mistake of my boredom pre-gamespot). It has games coming out that I'm interested in, and is a good value for what you're getting. I don't care of something flops here, because I'm never going to hype a game like so many did with Rachet and Clank. It has games, and it will get more. It's as simple as that. In the mean time, I have Halo 3 (should get live soon!) and am borrowing Bioshock, so all is well on my gaming front.
Avatar image for realmadrid4lyfe
realmadrid4lyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 realmadrid4lyfe
Member since 2005 • 848 Posts
Im getting one by November.
accameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 accameron

accameron where do you live a I have present for you. Your just so awsome. I want a ps3!!!ff7isnumbaone

Will you send me your PS3? I would take it for free. But don't send me a 40gig- it doesn't have BC, and is almost useless to me. I have 20-30 PS2 games to play, and I don't have enough component inputs on my tv for a PS3 AND a PS2 (along with my dvd player, Wii, and 360).

ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts

Count me out! The PS3 has nothing worth getting (in my opinion, I'm not forcing my views on anyone :P) and is a waste of money. I'd much rather buy software for my Wii and 360 rather than save up for a piece of hardware that has no games to back up it's extroadinarily high price tag.ParkCarsHere

I can say that too about 360. could rent halo and play on a freinds console. Other than that u guys have the same typess of first person games. Not my cup of tea.

CrazyCarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 CrazyCarter
Member since 2007 • 522 Posts
i wanna get one before mgs4 comes out. there is no way im gonna miss out on the last mgs.
REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 REforever101

[QUOTE="ParkCarsHere"]Count me out! The PS3 has nothing worth getting (in my opinion, I'm not forcing my views on anyone :P) and is a waste of money. I'd much rather buy software for my Wii and 360 rather than save up for a piece of hardware that has no games to back up it's extroadinarily high price tag.ff7isnumbaone

I can say that too about 360. could rent halo and play on a freinds console. Other than that u guys have the same typess of first person games. Not my cup of tea.

shooters are my cup of tea, and as such the 360 suits me fairly well.

though the system is in dire need of some more rpgs. i mean, mass effect will be great and all....but i want more!

and what sucks is that ffxiii is gonna make me buy a ps3, and i really dont feel like spending the money. but i cant resist, it beacons me

oh, and as guy above me said, theres no way in hell im missing out on mgs4. so im just gonna have to buy a ps3

String-Fellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 String-Fellow
Member since 2003 • 179 Posts
Hmm, so you feel bad about, big deal. If dont want a PS3 Lem, don't crawl out of your hole and encourage others not to buy it. It is their decision. Plus, Sony has cut a 100 bucks from 80 GB model and introduced new 40 GB model minus BC, heck if you want BC, you can save ur PS2 and still play ur titles rather than whinning about new model not having BC. I remember correctly, Xbox 1 too suffered the same fate that PS3 is suffering now. People should really stop defending their systems as if its the god of all consoles, every system is good in its own basis.
B1ACK_MAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#45 B1ACK_MAGE
Member since 2006 • 1693 Posts
You hate the PS3 we all get it, stop with all these useless threads
ParkCarsHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#46 ParkCarsHere
Member since 2004 • 3556 Posts

[QUOTE="ParkCarsHere"]Count me out! The PS3 has nothing worth getting (in my opinion, I'm not forcing my views on anyone :P) and is a waste of money. I'd much rather buy software for my Wii and 360 rather than save up for a piece of hardware that has no games to back up it's extroadinarily high price tag.ff7isnumbaone

Go ahead and say it! I'm not going to say you're opinion is wrong. I'm sure PS3 owners have plenty of games that they like... but I prefer the games on the Wii and 360. If the day comes that I start enjoying more than a couple PS3 games, I will certainly buy a PS3, given a price drop without a dumbed down new sku.

Anyways, like I said, those were just my opinions... wasn't trying to say that I'm always right (although it is proven that 99.9% of the time I actually am... :P)

i-lick-monkeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 i-lick-monkeys
Member since 2007 • 2971 Posts
the ps3 has great games coming out like crazy
trizzle_a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 trizzle_a
Member since 2007 • 1186 Posts
[QUOTE="trizzle_a"]

Go to gamerankings.com

????

Profit.

accameron

Poor, poor me.

I'm not reading all of that.

bonethug1213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 bonethug1213
Member since 2005 • 575 Posts
Well for people like you who only play exclusives and purchase games based on GS scores theres no reason to get one. For people in the real world theres lots of reasons. I got one because my favourite franchises are on the ps3, i love blue ray, and i have no patience for hardware failure. Man am i glad im not brainwashed by SW like some people