Seperate ID for MGS Online -PS3, wtf....

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts
It's only one game. I will admit that this will be annoying though.
MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 MortalDecay
Member since 2005 • 4298 Posts
[QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

Although it will be in its beta stage, I have a feeling Konami will keep it the same since they'll be reaping the rewards from MGS4. This is why the PSN fails for not being able to unified every game, it's up to these individual devs to support their online gaming.

Hey Konami, I know Metal Gear Online doesn't take up 50gigs of blu ray disc space, so if you want to have a real online gaming service, you know where to port it to. Jump in.

black_awpN1

I swear you must be a MS Plant or something.

Yeah, he can jump in and put his game on 10 discs on 360. Thats the only way its going to fit.

What's funny thing about this is cow make such a big deal about MGS4 taking up almost 50 GB of disc space, "OMG TEH NEX GEN!!!", when in reality most of that space is being taken by uncompressed audio. Compress that audio, and it should fit.

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

Although it will be in its beta stage, I have a feeling Konami will keep it the same since they'll be reaping the rewards from MGS4. This is why the PSN fails for not being able to unified every game, it's up to these individual devs to support their online gaming.

Hey Konami, I know Metal Gear Online doesn't take up 50gigs of blu ray disc space, so if you want to have a real online gaming service, you know where to port it to. Jump in.

Cute_Red_Panda

Your posts are not funny nor informative. Please stop, you only embarassing yourself. Anways, this should not be a big deal since this is the beta. Wait till the final version to whine about something so trivial.

So basically another Just Wait reply. Seriously, when will Metal Gear Online come out? So this "beta", this "starter pack" isn't the "real" game, kinda like GT5P? At first I thought the Wii Friend and Game Friend Code was worst until someone mentioned you'll need a PSN ID, Konami ID and then a MGO ID? What!?!

dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts
[QUOTE="dhjohns"][QUOTE="donnygorgas"]

Like it's a big deal to go sign up on a website. :roll:

You've got to be kidding me.

darthogre

It's annoying.

About as annoying as changing discs?

If you're looking for something to whine about this is about as stupid as it gets, just like Cows saying how Blu-ray helps with the discomfort of changing multiple discs........that is a pretty dumb excuse to validate Blu-ray. It's equally dumb to get all worked up over having to sign up on a website to play an online game.

Wow slow down there partner. I just stated it was annoying; I did not make any comparisons or value judgments. That was all you. I just find it... annoying.

dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts

I have to admit I kind of thought this was what our PSN name was supposed to do. Is my Home character going to have my list of tags? Hopefully Socom doesn't follow a similar practice, and let's all hope this is just Beta-related.

In the end though I'm not expecting MGO beta to become the next big online hit, all I want it to do is to give me a taste of MGS4, and get me to April 29th asap.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
[QUOTE="Cute_Red_Panda"][QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

ReverseCycology

Your posts are not funny nor informative. Please stop, you only embarassing yourself. Anways, this should not be a big deal since this is the beta. Wait till the final version to whine about something so trivial.

So basically another Just Wait reply. Seriously, when will Metal Gear Online come out? So this "beta", this "starter pack" isn't the "real" game, kinda like GT5P? At first I thought the Wii Friend and Game Friend Code was worst until someone mentioned you'll need a PSN ID, Konami ID and then a MGO ID? What!?!

So much for doing any of your own research eh? MGO comes with MGS4. Its a full online multiplayer game. The starter pack is just a way of letting you know to expect extra map packs n stuff in the future. Just like any other online multiplayer game. You'll get a set of full maps and all the character customization features. Just later on down the road expect more stuff to be made available just like the COD4 map packs.

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#57 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts
wow this is sad. :lol: lemmings come up with anything to make sony look bad.
Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts
[QUOTE="Cute_Red_Panda"][QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

ReverseCycology

the starter pack is the real game. the beta is not the starter pack. you've got your info mixed up.

jlh47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 jlh47
Member since 2007 • 3326 Posts

black_awpN1

Yeah, he can jump in and put his game on 10 discs on 360. Thats the only way its going to fit.

only reason it's that big is because of uncompressed data...

oh and all the languages...

other than that, about 15 hours of cutscenes and 6 hours of gameplay.

i still want a ps3 for this game.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
[QUOTE="ReverseCycology"][QUOTE="Cute_Red_Panda"][QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

Mordred19

the starter pack is the real game. the beta is not the starter pack. you've got your info mixed up.

Yeah. Also your sig: Hilarious.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

wow this is sad. :lol: lemmings come up with anything to make sony look bad.-Renegade

In general half the topics and posts that you create in here make your fellow cows look bad. :lol:

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4867 Posts
Why would they create a separate login process just for the beta? Why would they put that much time into integrating their login system into the game. It doesn't make good money sense.
darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts
[QUOTE="black_awpN1"][QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

MortalDecay

What's funny thing about this is cow make such a big deal about MGS4 taking up almost 50 GB of disc space, "OMG TEH NEX GEN!!!", when in reality most of that space is being taken by uncompressed audio. Compress that audio, and it should fit.

So you truely think he has......what 41-44 gigs of uncompressed audio. Come on.........

SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#64 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
Game ID is the name you choose for the game people, whats the big deal? Konami ID is like going on a website to sign up for membership. Its been done before. Why do you people have to make such a big deal about insignificant details...
TOAO_Cyrus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 TOAO_Cyrus1
Member since 2004 • 2895 Posts

I have a feeling it'll be in the final version. I think Konami will do this for all their online games from now on, even maybe on the 360 for games like PES. Honestly, if it's only for the beta, ok. Seriously, Sony, don't let them do this for the final version. Stupid bull **** I like my PSN the way it is, not with a Konami ID. WTF is a Konami ID anyway. They give you that + a "Game ID". Way to go Konami.Albanian_Killa

MS doesnt allow that.

TOAO_Cyrus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 TOAO_Cyrus1
Member since 2004 • 2895 Posts
[QUOTE="MortalDecay"][QUOTE="black_awpN1"][QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

darthogre

So you truely think he has......what 41-44 gigs of uncompressed audio. Come on.........

I'm sure they also used a bunch of the techniques used by other developers such as having separate copies of the same textures for the same level to improve load times. For R:FOM, Insomniac arranged the disk so all assets used by an individual level (including sound and textures) were located on the same section of the disk even though most of it was redundant. They also included every language track so it could be region free.

Ive seen nothing in MGS that indicates it needs to be five times as big as most other games. The textures look like they are of normal resolution and if past MGS games are any indication its not a very long game with tones of different environments. There is also no CG. I can guarentee it can be done on 8.5 gigs with the exact same graphics, slightly worse audio, and not region free and possibily longer loading times.

And before anyone yells at me I am not claiming MGS4 will come to the 360 and I will be getting it for the PS3.

Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts
hopefull just for beta and why on earth would konami ever do this? just doesn't make any sense
jujutheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 jujutheking
Member since 2006 • 2998 Posts

1.It's the beta so stop jumping to conclusions

2.So let me get this right.ur complaining about spending 8-10 mins to registerfor a gm once???Ohhh god ur going to die

3.The wii FC are totally different.It's for everyone while this is a one time thing.

Avatar image for jigglebilly1983
jigglebilly1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 jigglebilly1983
Member since 2006 • 2696 Posts
I thought the download wasnt available for 2 more days?
tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 tmntPunchout
Member since 2007 • 3770 Posts
I really don't care if there's a separate ID. It's no big deal. It probably takes as much effort to sign up for the Konami ID as it does for a Gamespot ID so quit complaining.