Seperate ID for MGS Online -PS3, wtf....

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wuxsvan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Wuxsvan
Member since 2002 • 228 Posts

"Unified account and access"? Isn't that what the PSN name is for? To recap: Your PSN name doesn't mean jacksnot in MGO. You must sign up for two other IDs — one gives you access to "various Konami products and services" and the other is your "GAME ID." Didn't think it was possible to make something sillier than Wii Friend Codes, but Konami has done just that. Congrats, Konami! Somewhere Microsoft execs are smiling and nodding." writes Kotaku.com

yuck

Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
remeber this is for beta testing by Konami, not affiliated with PSN. Lets save the rancor for the final version of MGO. If they still use the konami ID then its kind of lame, but really who cares. I already have mine and its the same as my PSN ID.
Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

Although it will be in its beta stage, I have a feeling Konami will keep it the same since they'll be reaping the rewards from MGS4. This is why the PSN fails for not being able to unified every game, it's up to these individual devs to support their online gaming.

Hey Konami, I know Metal Gear Online doesn't take up 50gigs of blu ray disc space, so if you want to have a real online gaming service, you know where to port it to. Jump in.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

"Unified account and access"? Isn't that what the PSN name is for? To recap: Your PSN name doesn't mean jacksnot in MGO. You must sign up for two other IDs — one gives you access to "various Konami products and services" and the other is your "GAME ID." Didn't think it was possible to make something sillier than Wii Friend Codes, but Konami has done just that. Congrats, Konami! Somewhere Microsoft execs are smiling and nodding." writes Kotaku.com

yuck

Wuxsvan

thats what you get with a none unified and controlled system like xbox live, the developer is actually encouraged to do whatever the hell they want, including using seperate id's.

Albanian_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Albanian_Killa
Member since 2007 • 1685 Posts
I have a feeling it'll be in the final version. I think Konami will do this for all their online games from now on, even maybe on the 360 for games like PES. Honestly, if it's only for the beta, ok. Seriously, Sony, don't let them do this for the final version. Stupid bull **** I like my PSN the way it is, not with a Konami ID. WTF is a Konami ID anyway. They give you that + a "Game ID". Way to go Konami.
donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts

Like it's a big deal to go sign up on a website. :roll:

You've got to be kidding me.

niall077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 niall077
Member since 2006 • 1729 Posts

Im sure it will still use psn ids for freinds list and stuff

but it is a bit of a stange thing to do since ever online game on ps3 has been using PSN ids even other Konami games like pro evo

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts

:lol: and cow's raged on sheep for having FC

dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts

I have a feeling it'll be in the final version. I think Konami will do this for all their online games from now on, even maybe on the 360 for games like PES. Honestly, if it's only for the beta, ok. Seriously, Sony, don't let them do this for the final version. Stupid bull **** I like my PSN the way it is, not with a Konami ID. WTF is a Konami ID anyway. They give you that + a "Game ID". Way to go Konami.Albanian_Killa

They can't on XBL. Not allowed. ;)

dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts

donnygorgas

It's annoying.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

I don't see why this matters?

PC online isn't unified, but it's the best online.

black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts

Although it will be in its beta stage, I have a feeling Konami will keep it the same since they'll be reaping the rewards from MGS4. This is why the PSN fails for not being able to unified every game, it's up to these individual devs to support their online gaming.

Hey Konami, I know Metal Gear Online doesn't take up 50gigs of blu ray disc space, so if you want to have a real online gaming service, you know where to port it to. Jump in.

ReverseCycology

I swear you must be a MS Plant or something.

Yeah, he can jump in and put his game on 10 discs on 360. Thats the only way its going to fit.

donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts
[QUOTE="donnygorgas"]

dhjohns

It's annoying.

Yeeeeah. I can immagine how annoying it's going to be. It'll probably ruin your week.

ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ReverseCycology
[QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

black_awpN1

I swear you must be a MS Plant or something.

Yeah, he can jump in and put his game on 10 discs on 360. Thats the only way its going to fit.

Metal Gear Online is also a downloadable game, so a downloadable game can take up 10 discs, hmmm ok sure. :roll:

Anyway I'm just glad you can make these Konami IDs the same as your PSN IDs.

Avatar image for williamjuly2004
williamjuly2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 williamjuly2004
Member since 2005 • 307 Posts

quit whining!!

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts

ReverseCycology

Fanboyism has to be in every post, eh?

But seriously, that is pretty poor service.

ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ReverseCycology

quit whining!!

williamjuly2004

Tell that to the cows that were bashing the sheeps because of teh Friend Codes.

Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts
Don't forget that you need both a Konami ID and an MGO ID to play it online, on top of your PSN ID. Gotta love the unification.
Tykain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Tykain
Member since 2008 • 3887 Posts
It's just for the beta.
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 thrones

It's just for the beta.Tykain

Doubt it. Konami are jerks when it comes to online, then again they did create PES and that had awesome online.

clintos59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 clintos59
Member since 2008 • 1320 Posts

ReverseCycology

I thought it was a great move from sony to let devs of there own game run there online the way they want it to. Its better then forcing them to do something, makes the devs more happy and feel free to do things the way they want to for example mods being able to that with UT3.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 thrones
[QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

clintos59

I thought it was a great move from sony to let devs of there own game run there online the way they want it to. Its better then forcing them to do something, makes the devs more happy and feel free to do things the way they want to for example mods being able to that with UT3.

It has it's ups, and it's downs. Such as this.

hyperboy152000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hyperboy152000
Member since 2003 • 4815 Posts
i guess the only way that would make sense is that way if your playing the beta on a different name then no one can see your an acual beta tester on your friends list, and if your friends know your beta testing then they would want to know EVERYTHING about the beta im sure... so i think this very well might be just a security measure
player_leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 player_leo
Member since 2002 • 1483 Posts
it's kind of like the first and second Socom where you had to sign in then login in. they made it easier so that you just press X button twice than you login in but you still had to wait for it. It doesn't beat already being logined in right when you turn on the game.
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

It's just for Beta.. Also I"m just happy to be a part of it not a big deal at all.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thrones

It's just for Beta.. Also I"m just happy to be a part of it not a big deal at all.

EmperorSupreme

It might be for the final game as well, hopefully the fan complaints get to them.

Anyone know the email for Konami?

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#27 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

lol If Konami does this they are shooting themselves in the foot. I didnt really enjoy MGS3's online multiplayer, so I dont know what to expect from this... but looks like already they're going the wrong way about it.

I love the MGS campaigns, but this is just stupid on their part. Hopefully in the final version they'll leave it to PSN tags only.

Tykain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Tykain
Member since 2008 • 3887 Posts
It's just easier for them that way to get feedbacks from players during the beta and not being dependant on Sony for many things that would make the whole beta process cumbersome.
clintos59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 clintos59
Member since 2008 • 1320 Posts

EmperorSupreme

Totally agree, I mean I could give a crap if u have to sign in twice, to me if we get to play the legendary Kojimas game online in the beta before the game comes out, it is something I will never forget since this is one of the most anticipated titles for 2008, im just happy to be able to join in on the fun and see how the mgo turns out. :)

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Still better than that twelve digit nonsense. At least you can say..hey my username is breadordecide. Instead of here's my ten digit code that no one can memorize. 103758493855.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

donnygorgas

lol thats wat i was thinking. I could understand people being up in arms about the DMC4 install times but are u guys seriously complaing about signing up on a website? If you are playing MGO online, you must have decent internet thus signing up on a stupid website should take more than 1 minute.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Bread_or_Decide
[QUOTE="donnygorgas"]

II_Seraphim_II

lol thats wat i was thinking. I could understand people being up in arms about the DMC4 install times but are u guys seriously complaing about signing up on a website? If you are playing MGO online, you must have decent internet thus signing up on a stupid website should take more than 1 minute.

Considering some people bought a GAME to get into the Halo 3 beta.

Signing up to a website isn't too much to ask for MGO. Heck I'd sign up to ten websites to play the beta.

Jack_Bauer07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jack_Bauer07
Member since 2006 • 1141 Posts
This is just for the beta, so stop crying. This is Sony's biggest exclusive and you think they won't have some say in the online integration? I can guarantee that MGO will use PSN once it's released in June.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

This is just for the beta, so stop crying. This is Sony's biggest exclusive and you think they won't have some say in the online integration? I can guarantee that MGO will use PSN once it's released in June.Jack_Bauer07

if sony were publishing it..they would have a say in how things will be done.

but they don't

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 thrones

[QUOTE="Jack_Bauer07"]This is just for the beta, so stop crying. This is Sony's biggest exclusive and you think they won't have some say in the online integration? I can guarantee that MGO will use PSN once it's released in June.lawlessx

if sony were publishing it..they would have a say in how things will be done.

but they don't

I'm sure they can ask Konami to smoothen it up. Anyway, this wasn't required with PES 08 so I doubt it'll be in the final version. Hopefully.

Cute_Red_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Cute_Red_Panda
Member since 2008 • 1734 Posts

ReverseCycology

Your posts are not funny nor informative. Please stop, you only embarassing yourself. Anways, this should not be a big deal since this is the beta. Wait till the final version to whine about something so trivial.

Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"]

clintos59

Totally agree, I mean I could give a crap if u have to sign in twice, to me if we get to play the legendary Kojimas game online in the beta before the game comes out, it is something I will never forget since this is one of the most anticipated titles for 2008, im just happy to be able to join in on the fun and see how the mgo turns out. :)

Im also thinking this is just for Beta. Konami is testing a new online system on a limited access network. If they were beta testing over PSN I think a lot of people would be asking why they got excluded. Plus the beta is meant to collect data and correct last minute bugs. They probably could have done it over PSN, but Its probably easier for Konami to collect data and control the beta testing on their own network. Personally I dont care, I already signed up and kept the same PSN name for my Konami game tag. You probably just sign in once, and thats it.

Anyone comparing this to wii friends codes has never had to use them.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Bread_or_Decide

If Kojima wanted a vile of my blood to play MGO I'd give it to him.

patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts
I think you're overreacting.
Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts
well, I just got the registration done, so I don't care.
Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts
If Kojima wanted a vile of my blood to play MGO I'd give it to him.

Bread_or_Decide

And he'd then give it to Itagaki, who would drink it.

Supafly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Supafly1
Member since 2003 • 4441 Posts
The question would be, why!? Why would Konami do this? I doubt they want to feel special so it must be a technical problem that won't let them use the normal PSN name.
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Bread_or_Decide
[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]If Kojima wanted a vile of my blood to play MGO I'd give it to him.

Zeliard9

And he'd then give it to Itagaki, who would drink it.

Oh man you almost made me spit out my coffee haha.

whodeysay85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 whodeysay85
Member since 2006 • 3237 Posts

Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Friends codes are still way worse.
mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 mccoyca112
Member since 2007 • 5434 Posts
[QUOTE="williamjuly2004"]

quit whining!!

ReverseCycology

Tell that to the cows that were bashing the sheeps because of teh Friend Codes.

Sorry, but its a little different with 25 digit codes rather than signing up one time genius

darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts
[QUOTE="donnygorgas"]

dhjohns

It's annoying.

About as annoying as changing discs?

If you're looking for something to whine about this is about as stupid as it gets, just like Cows saying how Blu-ray helps with the discomfort of changing multiple discs........that is a pretty dumb excuse to validate Blu-ray. It's equally dumb to get all worked up over having to sign up on a website to play an online game.

darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts

The question would be, why!? Why would Konami do this? I doubt they want to feel special so it must be a technical problem that won't let them use the normal PSN name.Supafly1

Maybe they want more control over what goes on......or maybe they just want to sell your information to marketing businesses lol.

B0urn3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 B0urn3
Member since 2007 • 326 Posts

Xbox Live really is that good.

sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sam280992
Member since 2007 • 3754 Posts
Oh no, I have to go on a website and register my ID! OH NOEZZ!! I won't have the same ID over the online! Heres an idea, why don't you quickly sign up? huuuuh?? ooorrr use another ID... the beta is only for 2 weeks or so... bloody hell fanboys will complain about anything these days...
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

ReverseCycology
True, It could be ported to the 360. But it wont be (^o^) it remains on Ps3 only just like the Full game. Jump in Halo3 and say hi to MGO from the other side of the fence like all other Xbox360 fans :wink: