**....SDTV vs HDTV....** (Updated)

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AgentVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 AgentVX
Member since 2006 • 1160 Posts

It's pretty, but still not worth the price. Not even close. 

goblaa

What are you talking about???

Not only can you play your games in HD (excluding Wii owners, you get what you pay for), but you can watch.......say it ain't so.....HD broadcasts on it too.

I know watching TV on you HDTV might sound criminal, but take it from me, I heard from my buddies grandma, that read it on some magazine, that you can also watch HD broadcasts from cable/sat on your HD monitor.:o

Avatar image for XboxUnderground
XboxUnderground

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 XboxUnderground
Member since 2003 • 20965 Posts
[QUOTE="goblaa"]

AgentVX

Not only can you play your games in HD (excluding Wii owners, you get what you pay for), but you can watch.......say it ain't so.....HD broadcasts on it too.

I know watching TV on you HDTV might sound criminal, but take it from me, I heard from my buddies grandma, that read it on some magazine, that you can also watch HD broadcasts from cable/sat on your HD monitor.:o

not to mention you can watch HD movies

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
[QUOTE="LINKloco"][QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]

[QUOTE="LINKloco"][QUOTE="Japanese_Monk"]Haha remember when sheep would say its no point in getting a 360 w/o a HDTV cause the graphics would look the same....lol. XboxUnderground

That doesn't make sense.

Does the 360 look any good in SD compared to HD? Nope.

Just look at the textures and AA. 480 is just a poor resolution, and yet... it's still used by 75% of the population, probably more if you factor in secondary TVs.

sheep said that Wii would look just as good as 360 in SD

Don't need a break down of different resolutions. Go back and read the guy's post carefully. Again, it doesn't make sense what he wrote.

it makes complete sense :|

Sheep/Nintendo claimed there would be no difference in graphics between Wii and 360 in SD

There's no point in getting a 360 without an HDTV. Makes sense to you? Sheep and Ninty saying no difference in graphics of a wii and 360 on an SDTV. lmao Link?
AgentVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 AgentVX
Member since 2006 • 1160 Posts
[QUOTE="AgentVX"][QUOTE="goblaa"]

XboxUnderground

not to mention you can watch HD movies

Oh really, my friends grandma never told me that!!!  Good to know!!!:oops:

Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#55 Pangster007
Member since 2004 • 4426 Posts
Comparisons in the OP are awful, especially the SD ones. They've been intentionally stretched and blown to fit whatever res the the TV is in. Yep, niiiice comparison. :roll:
Chris-Hansen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Chris-Hansen
Member since 2007 • 685 Posts
at least the sheep have the most intuative console with the best game selection and capabilitiesT3h1337Pwnz
best selection and capabilities ? you mean nothing but mario and zelda games and no online ? im being sarcastic but im not too far off. and wii mote isnt even as accurate as it should be, it was suppose to be better than KB/M remember sheep ? mouse still rocks the wiimote
kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts
Why is this topic always being brought up. Yes, there is a difference between HD and SD resolutions! Is it so great that these current games look so different that without HD, you are missing out on alot of the visual experience? The answer is no! We have (3) XBOX 360's in our house and 2 of them are on SD TV's and games like Gears, Oblivion, R6 Vegas, GRAW2 and Madden look great in SD. Understand that the graphics are what they are. In HD they are simply more sharp, colors more vibrant and the details are more pronounced! But its not this "OMG" what a difference in graphics like comapring 360 graphics to PS1 graphics that some would like you to believe!!
StarDust666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 StarDust666
Member since 2007 • 121 Posts
what is the point of all this?! i aint wasting a few grands getting all these HD' gears just for the sake of 'how many pixels can you count' comparision. if a game or film or whatever is made for sdtv or hdtv then its best to view it for that particular tv. just like how come my ps3 looks crap or cant tell the diff on my sdtv?? im still not convinced into the HD' debacle just yet... sony aint getting my hard earn $ just yet
Philosoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#59 Philosoma
Member since 2006 • 842 Posts

[QUOTE="Hir0_N"]Ok the point?-Sir-Poof-

The poiint? that I was bored enough to do this and that HD ROCKS!!

Great comparison post man, bravo. I feel bad for people who can't afford to enjoy an HDTV set - it's just so crisp. 

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#60 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
    Try taking the pictures in different lighting, and don't use a flash.
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts

at least the sheep have the most intuative console with the best game selection and capabilitiesT3h1337Pwnz

Not really.

ssbfalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ssbfalco
Member since 2005 • 1970 Posts
edit
ssbfalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ssbfalco
[QUOTE="Kalel559"][QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]

[QUOTE="LINKloco"][QUOTE="Japanese_Monk"]Haha remember when sheep would say its no point in getting a 360 w/o a HDTV cause the graphics would look the same....lol. XboxUnderground

That doesn't make sense.

Just look at the textures and AA. 480 is just a poor resolution, and yet... it's still used by 75% of the population, probably more if you factor in secondary TVs.

360 looks superb in SD fool

at least 50x better than Wii

Just as I thought, those images he posted were from PS3... The Xbox360 displayed in SD, while not HD quality, are much better than what the PS3 displays in SD... Thanks to an imba scaler chip...

Basically, 360 looks amazing no matter where you play it, and unlike PS3, text is actually readable in SD...

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#64 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

while there is a noticable difference. the difference doesn't seem like it would hinder my enjoyment of the game.

ssbfalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 ssbfalco

while there is a noticable difference. the difference doesn't seem like it would hinder my enjoyment of the game.

Ontain

Agreed. My first Gears of War experience was in SD... And I loved it (though it wasn't my favorite game, but w/e) And I hated how all anyone ever talked about was how great it looked in HD, when I'm trying to say that it has some of the best gameplay I've seen in a really long time...

That, and Starcraft proves that point...

chrisdojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66 chrisdojo
Member since 2005 • 5065 Posts
dang teh SD suxorz
Doomlike_Mitc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#67 Doomlike_Mitc
Member since 2006 • 4912 Posts
HD is kinda overrated, then again, I play on my room on a small SD LCD, and in the living room on the bigg *ss HD screen. So I think it all has to do with scale, is your tv big ? HD way better. Is your tv small ? HD doesnt matter that much.
ssbfalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ssbfalco

dang teh SD suxorzchrisdojo

HD sucks.  1080p was a decent resolution 3 years ago, but I'm not complaning...

Chaos_Daro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Chaos_Daro
Member since 2006 • 1818 Posts

lol...best game selection :roll:

ATrillionaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ATrillionaire
Member since 2003 • 172 Posts
People who can't see a difference in HD vs SD haven't played in HD.  That said, they hate it because they don't have it.  Trust me when I tell you that there is a difference.  I use to play on a 35in SD until I moved to a 22in widescreen monitor.  The difference is astronomical.....especially in sport games like NBA2k7.  I encourage anyone with an HDTV and a Xbox 360 to download the Bioshock walkthrough trailor.  That game looks superb.
Guru_G4M3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Guru_G4M3R
Member since 2007 • 512 Posts

I'm going to get pics of HD and SD Gears of War and Oblivion on PS3. I will edit in about 10minutes.

EDIT: I just decided to get Spiderman 3 pics, so view my blog for a good comparison. 

XboxUnderground

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 XboxUnderground

I'm going to get pics of HD and SD Gears of War and Oblivion on PS3. I will edit in about 10minutes.

EDIT: I just decided to get Spiderman 3 pics, so view my blog for a good comparison.

Guru_G4M3R

your comparison sucks almost as much as the OP's 

Guru_G4M3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Guru_G4M3R
[QUOTE="Guru_G4M3R"]

XboxUnderground

Ha you make me laugh. I compared an SD shot to an HD one. Whats so bad? 

XboxUnderground

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 XboxUnderground
[QUOTE="XboxUnderground"][QUOTE="Guru_G4M3R"]

Guru_G4M3R

both shots look terrible

that's my problem

you "hd" shot looks worse than Spiderman on DVD 

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#75 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts
I only bothered to look at the NG pictures, and people are right, they aren't great pictures, but I'm not a high end technophile, but I can clearly see less pixels in the HD picture vs the SD picture. The HD Ninja Gaiden picture looks much cleaner and smooth.
Guru_G4M3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Guru_G4M3R
[QUOTE="Guru_G4M3R"][QUOTE="XboxUnderground"][QUOTE="Guru_G4M3R"]

XboxUnderground

both shots look terrible

that's my problem

you "hd" shot looks worse than Spiderman on DVD

Maybe thats because it was took with a camera, uploaded onto the interwebs and then posted here? Would you personally like to watch the trailer on my HDTV? Anyway, if you have HD (do you?) why are you so bothered? 

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#77 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
No offense, but nothing in this thread be it TV or video games or movies has convinced me that dropping quadruple the price on a TV to watch the EXACT SAME CONTENT but sharper is even remotly worth it.
ssbfalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ssbfalco

[QUOTE="goblaa"]No offense, but nothing in this thread be it TV or video games or movies has convinced me that dropping quadruple the price on a TV to watch the EXACT SAME CONTENT but sharper is even remotly worth it.XboxUnderground

no offense but I think you are a retard

especially sicne you can get HDTVs for ~$500

But those ~500 HDTV's are trash...

buuzer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 buuzer0
Member since 2005 • 3792 Posts

[QUOTE="T3h1337Pwnz"]at least the sheep have the most intuative console with the best game selection and capabilitiesChaos_Daro

lol...best game selection :roll:

I laughed too.

-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#81 -Sir-Poof-
Member since 2006 • 4544 Posts

I only bothered to look at the NG pictures, and people are right, they aren't great pictures, but I'm not a high end technophile, but I can clearly see less pixels in the HD picture vs the SD picture. The HD Ninja Gaiden picture looks much cleaner and smooth.SemiMaster

U should really check out the Boxer in Corner shots theres a HUGE difference...even with the crappy shots taken.

NeoStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 NeoStar9
Member since 2003 • 1761 Posts

That doesn't make sense.

Who said that? Any actual quotes to back up this claim instead of just saying "sheep"? 

RagedRaldo54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 RagedRaldo54
Member since 2005 • 1454 Posts
Were those SD shots done on a HDTV? If so that isnt accurate, because a game running in SD on a SDTV would obviously look better than a game running in SD on a HDTV, due to the downscaling.
carl2tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#84 carl2tan
Member since 2003 • 1385 Posts
after playing games in 720p on an LCD, I could never go back to my fullscreen non-progressive crt.  HD wins.
NeoStar9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 NeoStar9
Member since 2003 • 1761 Posts

Were those SD shots done on a HDTV? If so that isnt accurate, because a game running in SD on a SDTV would obviously look better than a game running in SD on a HDTV, due to the downscaling.RagedRaldo54

Was wondering that myself. Are two different TVs being used here? In that you unplug the game from the HDTV
and then plug it into a SDTV? 

wiganath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 wiganath
Member since 2004 • 433 Posts

It is tough to get good scans of of both HD and SD with a camera, but it is especially difficult on SD. Unless your camera is something special.

I posted some 360 comparisons a while back, but it is hard to get the true detail you see with the naked eye. 

Japanese_Monk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Japanese_Monk
Member since 2006 • 1412 Posts
[QUOTE="XboxUnderground"][QUOTE="LINKloco"][QUOTE="XboxUnderground"]

[QUOTE="LINKloco"][QUOTE="Japanese_Monk"]Haha remember when sheep would say its no point in getting a 360 w/o a HDTV cause the graphics would look the same....lol. LINKloco

That doesn't make sense.

Don't need a break down of different resolutions. Go back and read the guy's post carefully. Again, it doesn't make sense what he wrote.

it makes complete sense :|

Sheep/Nintendo claimed there would be no difference in graphics between Wii and 360 in SD

There's no point in getting a 360 without an HDTV. Makes sense to you? Sheep and Ninty saying no difference in graphics of a wii and 360 on an SDTV. lmao Link?

Ok Im the guy. Yes the guy. First off yes, Sheep did say over and over again (when this whole HD nonsense was first being popularized)  that  getting an xbox 360 without an HDTV would be pointless because it would look the same as a Wii so you might as well stick to the original xbox or opt for a wii. And they said the difference between a Wii and 360 wouldn't be noticible on an SDTV. Then there were many sheep who would do price comparisons and slap on an extra 3-6,000 bucks because of an HDTV. How does that NOT make any sense? You probably werent here then, thats why your so confused.

Now Nintendo saying it, im not sure but sheep definately said it. ANd your actually asking for a link to somwhere around Summer 2005? Are you serious? Lol. Gotta be kidding me..... 

quocthai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 quocthai
Member since 2005 • 1995 Posts
why don't you just use [img], too many links to click