Ryse has better graphics than all Playstation 4 games.

monkeysmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#153 monkeysmoke
Member since 2010 • 457 Posts

Those shots are from the PC version.

Infamous second son still remains the best looking game on console! Full 1080p of beauty!!

Tho Xbox one fanboys does not know what 1080p is.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#154 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

Infamous: SS, KZ4:SF both look better ^^

This. Driveclub also looks better. Also Ryse is 900p 20-30fps lol

monkeysmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 monkeysmoke
Member since 2010 • 457 Posts

@gpuking: fantastic infamous and killzone shots. Graphic lords till the order and UC4 launches

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

Played another hour of Ryse on PC tonight and I actually went back and replayed a level because of how good it looked. It's taxing, too. Possibly the most demanding PC game that is currently available. CryEngine is no joke. The scalability of that engine is going to be very interesting as more PC games are made with it and PC hardware gets more powerful over the next few years. What sucks though is that the cutscenes are pre-rendered 1600x900 and look like garbage compared to the in-engine gameplay...I hate when developers do this.

I know it's an on-rails game with little freedom outside of the small arenas connected by narrow pathways, but man it looks good.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By mikhail

@scottpsfan14: Don't forget the importance of higher quality antialiasing and anisotropic filtering on top of frame rate and resolution. Plus, higher resolution shadows, far less aggressive LOD management (things look better farther away). and higher quality and more subtle reflections. I know what you were trying to say in that it's "Just a higher resolution and frame rate port" but that is a bit too reductive when considering all of the differences between the console and PC version. It's a lot of little things, but a lot of little things can add up to quite a difference.

The quality of the motion blur in Ryse is excellent, too. I am normally a 60 fps minimum type of person, but I cranked the settings up even higher with 3x Supersampling and locked the game at 30, and it still looks and plays great. I preferred 60 so I dropped it back down, but it's nice to be able to make it look a little better at the expense of higher frame rate if one chooses.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#160 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

Yes FreedomTroll, Ryse the PC version (which are the pics you are posting) looks better than anything on PS4 and X1 (becuz you arent posting the X1 version)

This

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

@Monkeysmoke

Pretty much, The Order and UC4 would really be the next level, especially UC4.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#164  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@gpuking said:

@Monkeysmoke

The Order will >>>> UC4 graphically. It's 30fps and 1920x800. They can fit more graphics in that than 1080p 60fps what UC4 is going to be.

Nail on head with what is wrong with this generations consoles. They should not be compromising anything to get 1080p and 60fps minimum this gen.

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#165  Edited By miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts

Ryse looks very good, the individual assets are highly detailed as they usually are when a game focuses linear gameplay and small environments. But it's not hard to see the point made by some here that Infamous SS is equally impressive since it's open world.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By mikhail

@GarGx1 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@gpuking said:

@Monkeysmoke

The Order will >>>> UC4 graphically. It's 30fps and 1920x800. They can fit more graphics in that than 1080p 60fps what UC4 is going to be.

Nail on head with what is wrong with this generations consoles. They should not be compromising anything to get 1080p and 60fps minimum this gen.

Seriously...or at the very least, not compromise in order to get 1080p and 30 fps. Evil Within on PS4 can't even maintain 30 fps with it's extra-cinematic black bars.

Also, guys - If a game has 400 lines or vertical resolution that are black bars, that game is not 1080p. So just stop. By that definition, an entire black screen with a 40x40 rendered area in the middle would also be "1080p", so don't start getting ridiculous trying to make your favorite console seem more powerful than it actually is.

Don't even get me started on The Order's or The Evil Within's "cinematic" presentation. 16:9 widescreen displays are already "cinematic" enough, thank you very much. It's a trick to save on rendering resources and nothing more, don't pretend it's some artistic choice when these games aren't even hitting 30 fps. If the games did display in true 1080p 16:9, they wouldn't have a hope of looking like they do and hitting 30 fps.

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Ben-Buja
Member since 2011 • 2809 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@mikhail said:

@scottpsfan14: Don't forget the importance of higher quality antialiasing and anisotropic filtering on top of frame rate and resolution. Plus, higher resolution shadows, far less aggressive LOD management (things look better farther away). and higher quality and more subtle reflections. I know what you were trying to say in that it's "Just a higher resolution and frame rate port" but that is a bit too reductive when considering all of the differences between the console and PC version. It's a lot of little things, but a lot of little things can add up to quite a difference.

The quality of the motion blur in Ryse is excellent, too. I am normally a 60 fps minimum type of person, but I cranked the settings up even higher with 3x Supersampling and locked the game at 30, and it still looks and plays great. I preferred 60 so I dropped it back down, but it's nice to be able to make it look a little better at the expense of higher frame rate if one chooses.

It has all the perks of being on PC basically. That's why I like PC, choice. The actual core assets are identicle but the PC version has things like better draw distance for everything including shadows, objects, and textures. Higher resolution in general, better framerate, and better AA. They do make a big difference of course. But these are the minimum advantages you get with all PC versions of a game. It's kind of a given.

This is why my preferred platform for all multiplats is PC. Freedom of choice; You can tweak the games setting how you want to, use any controller you prefer. Increase the image quality in different ways through downsampling, modding, Sweet FX or tweaking a config file...

And these games you buy right now scale with advances in hardware. Of course the assets stay the same, but you'll be able to play them in 4k or even 8k in a few years, and when you decide to play them again you can do so with glorious image quality without being forced to buy a remastered game.

That's the benefit of a constantly evolving platform like PC.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44094 Posts

Who doesn't already know this? :P

Serially, all things considered with all FH2 does, I think it's the new console king.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@sts106mat: lol you really have no clue what your talking about. You can bitch about character model quality all you want in infamous SS. Fact is Delsin has more polygons in his head then An entire character model in TLOU. It's FOV also isn't restricted to being above a guys waiste with linear environments. It cracks me up because Ryse simply isn't as impressive as Infamous SS. The texture detail on Infamous stays crisp while a character in Ryse steps 20 feet away and the armor starts to blur Lmao.

casuaLJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#170 casuaLJ
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

this game looks way too hard for me.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 AM-Gamer

SOM looks better? Lmao just stop.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By AM-Gamer

@sts106mat: Except Talions character model isn't close to delsin. Have you played Infamous SS? The character models look amazing especially when you can pan the camera up close. He'll put it in photomode and you can see the details. Certain parts of the game allow you to pan the camera closer as well.

You are ripping the char models because you don't like FOV.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

lmao taking the bait in a FreedomFromFacts thread.

You should have just let it die, lads.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By AM-Gamer

@sts106mat: You can't show me one credible source saying Ryse looks better either. There all opinions and there have been plenty of gamers who think Infamous SS looks better. You lose all credability when you say SoM and TLOU have better char models when it is a technical fact infamous character models push about twice the polys.

We can all have are opinions but there are facts. Like higher poly models are usually more detailed.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By AM-Gamer

@sts106mat: lol stop crying? Please troll let's not be stupid. You didn't say they have better models but they look better? Lmao really? Is there a difference?

And both those videos you mentioned came out about 5 months before infamous SS released so how is that relevant?

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 AM-Gamer

@sts106mat: It's the best looking game on X1 that doesn't mean it's the best looking game period. Especially on X1 at 900p and sub 30fps dipshit. If they think the PC version at 4k looks the best then good for them.

I own both to dumbass , I actually own every game you mentioned. Buh buh I can't see the texture on Delsins model. Then get some fucking glasses. I can see the threads in his Beanie for **** sakes. Nobody wants to read your blind fanboy bullshit you blind prick.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By AM-Gamer

@sts106mat: Gamertag "TheSterls" feel free to check both PSN and XBL trophies and achievements. KI, titanfall and Ryse is what I own on the X1.

I beat Ryse, it's actually a better game the GS gave it credit for. Just calling it how I see it I don't get upset by opinions this is SW btw.

Never played alien isolation but nobody seems that impressed.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 AM-Gamer

@sts106mat: I personally think Iss is king , KZ and Ryse would make up my top 3, followed by TR:DE and Metro LL of the Metro redux. I may check out AI but there's alot of games right now. Just finished SoM and was thinking about getting The Evil Within.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

This is from Xbox One. I took those from share button.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#189 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I like most of the Xbox exclusives, but this game was just another example of how graphics aren't everything. Dead Rising 3 was a far better launch game with so-so graphics.

1) Graphics quality is totally subjective, and...

2) Ryse's gameplay sucks. This is my own opinion as someone who beat it twice (once on Normal and again on Hard during the launch drought.)

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Ben-Buja
Member since 2011 • 2809 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

That is basically my stance on it too. PC is the best platform by far no matter how much cows and lems argue against it. It just does everything consoles do + 1000 times more, and it does it far better at that. I get accused as being a cow or a Sony shill by some on this site, but while I generally like PlayStation games better than others (not this gen so far), I still would rather have a multiplat on PC any day. Even if it got no graphical enhancements, because of the reasons I described in the above post.

It really pisses me off when a game like DriveClub has all that detail and is lacking the core fundamentals such as good AA and AF. Basically horrible IQ. I could just imagine what it would look like on a PC, downsampled at 1440p 60fps with 16xAF. But as always, console devs push the graphics to the upper limit on consoles while sacrificing at least something substantial like LOD pop in, IQ and the like.

The fact is, if Sony went under and their first party PS3 and PS4 games were released on PC, I'd be happy for sure. Imagine Infamous SS with no horrible pop in and downsampling running at 60fps. DriveClub, Killzone, The Order all with the same perks. I'd dare bet those games would be the best looking PC games. Notice when ever somebody on here criticizes console graphics, they always mention either IQ, draw distance and pop in. All which PC could fix up in a heart beat. Because lets face it, these next gen games have amazing graphical content alone.

That's definitely true and without them there wouldn't be a jump in graphics that we have now. Most games finally have decent textures in almost everywhere for example and the push for PBR is a welcome gift to PC players as well.

I wish Nintendo games were available on PC too. Can you imagine Mario Kart 8 in 4k / 60 fps? It would look incredible. I can't help but notice the low resolution, jaggies and the very poor texture filtering on the Wii U version. It would truly shine with better IQ

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By mikhail

@Ben-Buja: Dolphin says hello...it's no Wii U game but maybe in a few years we'll get there.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@ShepardCommandr said:

too bad the game sucks

All style no substance

There's not much style to it either. All tech and no style or substance.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

Yeah, PBR is the biggest enhancement to lighting and textures since the release of the 360. It seems every gen there is a new rendering technique that not even PC's in between introduced. Not because of being incapable, but because the game industry budget revolves around consoles. Something like PBR is a fundamental shift in game design. It's not just an effect you can toggle on and off in a game. The game art is created around the physically based materials and lighting model. So it's there even in low settings on Ryse for instance.

As for Mario Kart 8 in 4k, expect Dolphin emulator to emulate the Wii U sooner than you might think since the WiiU is the same arch as the Wii. But I would love to see it happen for sure. But tbh, Sonic Racing Transformed on PC is as graphically lush and it can be run at 4K too.

Yeah, the Wii =/= WiiU. There is a massive jump in visuals between the two. Like PS2 to PS3 jump.

lol no

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 m3dude1

@FreedomFreeLife said:

no you didnt, plz stfu

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 FreedomFreeLife

@m3dude1 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

no you didnt, plz stfu

So, you just ignore facts and truth? Still does not change fact. PS4 lost this war!

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 m3dude1

the fact is that screen is from the pc version. try again clown. ryse does not look better than every ps4 game, it looks as good as any ps4 game with the new exception of driveclub.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 FreedomFreeLife

@m3dude1 said:

the fact is that screen is from the pc version. try again clown. ryse does not look better than every ps4 game, it looks as good as any ps4 game with the new exception of driveclub.

hahaha fanboys keeps lying and ignoring facts.

not a single ps4 looks better than ryse. i already proved this with pictures but you keep ignoring. you lost forever.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Man, not so sure about Ryse's textures...they're pretty damn blurry and you don't even have to be close to them in first person to easily notice it (reference above forest shots). That log in that 2nd shot might as well be out of an Xbox 1 title. Compared to Crysis 3 in particular (year old title), the game just doesn't look that good. Pay attention to anything that isn't the player character model and you'll notice everything is blurry, low resolution, and obscured by motion blur and lighting.

Middle Earth at least has some consistency in its graphics, the world textures are actually as sharp as the player models, unlike Ryse's environment textures which are often hugely compressed and blurry as all hell.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@KHAndAnime said:

Man, not so sure about Ryse's textures...they're pretty damn blurry and you don't even have to be close to them in first person to easily notice it (reference above forest shots). That log in that 2nd shot might as well be out of an Xbox 1 title. Compared to Crysis 3 in particular (year old title), the game just doesn't look that good. Pay attention to anything that isn't the player character model and you'll notice everything is blurry, low resolution, and obscured by motion blur and lighting.

Middle Earth at least has some consistency in its graphics, the world textures are actually as sharp as the player models, unlike Ryse's environment textures which are often hugely compressed and blurry as all hell.

Still better than all PS4 game graphics.