Rumors: Halo infinite campaign leaked, 20 hours long, semi sandbox, reboot of series.

• 135 results
Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

Source

A leaker claims to know exclusive details about Halo: Infinite's campaign and reveals the elements from past games that will return.

According to the leaker, Halo: Infinite will have 25 missions in its 20-hour campaign. The post also claims that the game will have 35 additional missions that will add 15 hours of playtime. As for the game's storyline, players will allegedly play as Master Chief for every main mission. Classic characters from past games like Arbiter, Atriox, Locke and Palmer are due to return.

After the events of Halo 5: Guardians trigger a conflict that will kill all organic life, Master Chief manages to recover Cortana from rampancy and launches a plan to send her back in time to stop the galactic civil war from happening. The leaker concluded by claiming that Reach would be Infinite's final location, and that the plot's time travel elements would reboot the Halo series.

PC making Halo interesting seem like.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Source

A leaker claims to know exclusive details about Halo: Infinite's campaign and reveals the elements from past games that will return.

According to the leaker, Halo: Infinite will have 25 missions in its 20-hour campaign. The post also claims that the game will have 35 additional missions that will add 15 hours of playtime. As for the game's storyline, players will allegedly play as Master Chief for every main mission. Classic characters from past games like Arbiter, Atriox, Locke and Palmer are due to return.

After the events of Halo 5: Guardians trigger a conflict that will kill all organic life, Master Chief manages to recover Cortana from rampancy and launches a plan to send her back in time to stop the galactic civil war from happening. The leaker concluded by claiming that Reach would be Infinite's final location, and that the plot's time travel elements would reboot the Halo series.

Will it last longer than Doom Eternal to beat which is 27mins LMFAO.

You have it around the wrong way casual4ever, its Halo making PC interesting, nah nothing can make PC interesting :)

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

It's either a 4 hour campaign or a 20 hour campaign. These fuckers can't get anything right.

But whatever. Gamepass the thing. Forget about it within a week.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ghosts4ever

@i_p_daily said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Source

You have it around the wrong way casual4ever, its Halo making PC interesting, nah nothing can make PC interesting :)

under console Halo were typical linear short FPS with focus on MP.

PC making Halo interesting.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Not a fan of previous halos so will see.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@ghosts4ever said:
@i_p_daily said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Source

under console Halo were typical linear short FPS with focus on MP.

PC making Halo interesting.

Halo Infinite will have MP, so it must be a console shooter then, see how your dumbarse logic gets your dumbarse in trouble lol.

Like I said I hope it takes longer than 27 minutes (yes someone beat it in 27minutes) that Doom Eternal takes to finish.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Time travel. The solution to bad writing.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Who on earth wants a 35 hour shooter??

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@sakaixx said:

Games with big stories are boring hence why Sony's games suck. Gameplay first skippable cutscenes second, someone needs to pass on this info to Sony as they have it the other way around.

Halo's story will suck like every other video game story, at least the MP should be good, so it may just save the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-63181ff40994a
deactivated-63181ff40994a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-63181ff40994a
Member since 2017 • 575 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@sakaixx said:

Games with big stories are boring hence why Sony's games suck. Gameplay first skippable cutscenes second, someone needs to pass on this info to Sony as they have it the other way around.

Halo's story will suck like every other video game story, at least the MP should be good, so it may just save the game.

You're in the minority.....why the F would sony change a thing knowing how popular their games are.....gsus.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46282 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

Eh, I don't really see glitching under levels as finishing the game...

I like the half life speedruns way more.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

@fastnslowww:

Yet 90% of ps gamers don’t buy exclusives.

Popular?

HaH

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

"Locke and Palmer are due to return" **** OFF

I thought this was a reboot. I thought this version of Halo would forget the existance of Halo 4 and Halo 5. I thought 343i were beginning to understand how to make a proper Halo game. No. Nothing. This dev is dumb as ****.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@sakaixx: Lol, I was thinking the same thing.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

I might renew my gamepass subscription when Halo Infinite and Flight Simulator come.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 VFighter

@i_p_daily: Plenty of games out there with great/interesting stories, but a trolls gotta troll I guess.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ghosts4ever

@vfighter said:

@i_p_daily: Plenty of games out there with great/interesting stories, but a trolls gotta troll I guess.

plenty of games do have excellent stories but most third person action games focus more on cinematic and QTE rather than gameplay. thats what sony exclusive are.

faponte13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 faponte13
Member since 2013 • 263 Posts

Probably gonna be a few cut scenes. That means it a movie game and "gamers" aren't gonna enjoy it.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34605 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

You're usually better at trolling, dude. That was just utter lamesauce.

@djoffer said:

Who on earth wants a 35 hour shooter??

Everyone who likes a shooter that's a bit longer than usual?

@mclarenmaster18 said:

Halo Infinite sounds more interesting than Metroid Prime 4.

We have some details about Halo: Infinite. We know nothing about MP4 except that they're making it. So yeah, Halo: I sounding more interesting makes sense.. Personally, I like Metroid way more than Halo, so a new Metroid obviously sounds more interesting to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#21 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

There is a reason why it is on game pass, no one will buy it. Halo has sucked for a long, long time.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#22 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Halo as been a primarily console franchise since the first game released, the bulk of the audience is on console. if you expect that to suddenly change then dont be surprised when you are left disappointed.

Pretty much all AAA shooters nowadays are console shooters to me, they take too much from other "popular" console shooters, have dumbed down features to accommodate controllers and cater too much to console quality of life: Slow, sluggish movement, no lean, huge guns that take up half the screen and seem like they are attached to your ear lobe, immersion breaking cut scenes every few mins, weapon wheel(!?), glory hole kills etc. while things like FOV adjustment and 60fps! are touted as features now for the PC port...

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11088 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

There is a reason why it is on game pass, no one will buy it. Halo has sucked for a long, long time.

I'm sure it'll be a letdown. They've shown NO gameplay so far, and it's supposed to come out this year. Plus it sounds like they had some pretty significant production issues behind the scenes.

Then putting it on Game Pass makes it totally disposable.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@pelvist said:

Halo as been a primarily console franchise since the first game released, the bulk of the audience is on console. if you expect that to suddenly change then dont be surprised when you are left disappointed.

Pretty much all AAA shooters nowadays are console shooters to me, they take too much from other "popular" console shooters, have dumbed down features to accommodate controllers and cater too much to console quality of life: Slow, sluggish movement, no lean, huge guns that take up half the screen and seem like they are attached to your ear lobe, immersion breaking cut scenes every few mins, weapon wheel(!?), glory hole kills etc. while things like FOV adjustment and 60fps! are touted as features now for the PC port...

Doom and Doom Eternal are masterpieces, probably better than anything done in past even with glory kills (except STALKER of course). Prey is anoter AAA FPS that is immersive sim with lean feature and intelligent leve design. i guess Bethesda save AAA FPS. compare to last gen FPS, those games doesnot have regen health, cover system, 6 hour camapign, focus more and more on MP. you may disliked newer Doom games but if they released during last gen among COD clones. people would then blow thier mind back in days.

beside breaking cutscenes you just describe third person games todays. Halo has more gameplay than last of us and uncharted combine. also adding RDR2 in same vein too because its just hold x to ride horse and follow.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#26 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69473 Posts

A reboot would be erasing the existence of Halo 4 and 5. This sounds like a continuation of a shitty story. 20 hours feels too long.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44065 Posts

:D

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

My biggest worry was turning halo infinite into open world a semi open world seems a good fit. I think I'm burnt out on the open world formula this generation.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 pelvist

@ghosts4ever said:
@pelvist said:

Doom and Doom Eternal are masterpieces, probably better than anything done in past even with glory kills (except STALKER of course). Prey is anoter AAA FPS that is immersive sim with lean feature and intelligent leve design. i guess Bethesda save AAA FPS.

beside breaking cutscenes you just describe third person games todays. Halo has more gameplay than last of us and uncharted combine. also adding RDR2 in same vein too because its just hold x to ride horse and follow.

Third person games are third person games, we are talking about FPS and Halo.

Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal have good fast paced gun-play. Thats the only thing about them that is reminiscent of a PC FPS. As far as I can tell everything else is straight out of the console AAA FPS handbook: Overuse of cut scenes - check, huge ear lobe guns taking up half the screen - check, weapon wheel - check, glory hole kills - check... I didn't play enough of Prey to give my verdict as I found the game a chore to play right from the start and still a chore an hour in.

Its ok that you like console shooters and Doom as much as you do but theres no need to keep repeating yourself in every thread.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@pelvist said:

Overuse of cut scenes -

barely any. just few second. even more less than some old PC FPS

@pelvist said:

huge ear lobe guns taking up half the screen -

Thats absolutely wrong. you can change weapon look like old school. like on in middle. sound like you never played Eternal.

@pelvist said:

weapon wheel

I select weapon by scroll or by hotkeys like 1 2 3 4. have no time to open weapon wheel and i prefer weapon wheel over 2 weapon limit where you press 1 by switching weapon.

@pelvist said:

glory hole kills

Didnot ruined immersion. quick melee, like in old splinter cell you click to kill enemy via knife sneaking around.

Doom and Doom Eternal are perfect mix of old school PC shooters and modern shooter. and innovate it perfectly. no other FPS did that before.

speaking of console shooter. kinda strange that Crysis a PC exclusive play more like console game than Doom the multiplatform game.

former has iron sight, regen health, slower gameplay, overpowered nanosuit that make too easy even in Delta. while later have none of its feature and required more and more skills in nightmare where you take deep breath after done with all demons.

in case of Halo. of course it fall flat compare to PC FPS but compare to third person game. it require far more gameplay. replayed Halo CE on PC they released anniversary addition on steam make me feel like man, this game doesnot have QTE, regen health, cover system. while third person console gamers have. so i found this a better.

only console FPS that can stand toe to toe was Riddick EFBB. masterpiece of game.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By pelvist

@ghosts4ever said:
@pelvist said:

Overuse of cut scenes -

barely any. just few second. even more less than some old PC FPS

@pelvist said:

huge ear lobe guns taking up half the screen -

Thats absolutely wrong. you can change weapon look like old school. like on in middle. sound like you never played Eternal.

@pelvist said:

weapon wheel

I select weapon by scroll or by hotkeys like 1 2 3 4. have no time to open weapon wheel and i prefer weapon wheel over 2 weapon limit where you press 1 by switching weapon.

@pelvist said:

glory hole kills

Didnot ruined immersion. quick melee, like in old splinter cell you click to kill enemy via knife sneaking around.

Doom and Doom Eternal are perfect mix of old school PC shooters and modern shooter. and innovate it perfectly. no other FPS did that before.

speaking of console shooter. kinda strange that Crysis a PC exclusive play more like console game than Doom the multiplatform game.

former has iron sight, regen health, slower gameplay, overpowered nanosuit that make too easy even in Delta. while later have none of its feature and required more and more skills in nightmare where you take deep breath after done with all demons.

in case of Halo. of course it fall flat compare to PC FPS but compare to third person game. it require far more gameplay. replayed Halo CE on PC they released anniversary addition on steam make me feel like man, this game doesnot have QTE, regen health, cover system. while third person console gamers have. so i found this a better.

only console FPS that can stand toe to toe was Riddick EFBB. masterpiece of game.

I admit I didn't know you could change the weapons. Since it doesn't change the fact that I didn't like the rest of the game, (and thats ok, im allowed to not like it) I will NOT be installing it again to try that out.

Again its ok for you to like the new console Dooms and Halo. We get it. /rolleeys

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@pelvist said:

I admit I didn't know you could change the weapons. Since it doesn't change the fact that I didn't like the rest of the game, (and thats ok, im allowed to not like it) I will NOT be installing it again to try that out.

Again its ok for you to like the new console Dooms and Halo. We get it. /rolleeys

of course you are allow to disliked it. but its not console Doom.

Its still made for PC first. or in case if its made for console first than this so called "console" FPS beat every PC FPS with the exception of STALKER in past.

on other hand i have also seen lot of PC gamers also praised trash like NOLF because "hur hur its classic" when game was just bland with terrible shooting and AI. doesnot matter.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

Sounds very cool to me. I'm hype for Halo: Infinite and totally cannot wait to buy it on my PC. Not ganno Gamepass it, I wanna own it and still a Halo fan to this day. Campaign 20 hours you say, totally down for it!

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ghosts4ever

@davillain- said:

Sounds very cool to me. I'm hype for Halo: Infinite and totally cannot wait to buy it on my PC. Not ganno Gamepass it, I wanna own it and still a Halo fan to this day. Campaign 20 hours you say, totally down for it!

exactly.

Halo 1 was SP focus thats why it was good up until flood and libary. then series shift its focus on MP.

this could be best and first truly great Halo game. hope they also go back to Halo 1 style health system instead of regen health.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eaf047c0c460
deactivated-5eaf047c0c460

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5eaf047c0c460
Member since 2020 • 41 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Source

Me: [Hype building up] :-)

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By pelvist

@ghosts4ever said:
@pelvist said:

of course you are allow to disliked it. but its not console Doom.

Its still made for PC first. or in case if its made for console first than this so called "console" FPS beat every PC FPS with the exception of STALKER in past.

on other hand i have also seen lot of PC gamers also praised trash like NOLF because "hur hur its classic" when game was just bland with terrible shooting and AI. doesnot matter.

Thats lovely...

I enjoyed NOLF, I felt like I was playing a PC game, unlike that console shooter Doom 2016 and its expansion Eternal (which im allowed to not like), I felt like I was playing a console game that was half-assedly trying to appeal to PC gamers.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34605 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@davillain- said:

exactly.

Halo 1 was SP focus thats why it was good up until flood and libary. then series shift its focus on MP.

this could be best and first truly great Halo game. hope they also go back to Halo 1 style health system instead of regen health.

The MP part of Halo: CE was great fun. They can do both good. It's a shame they never got to the level of Halo: CE ever again, SP wise.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ghosts4ever

@pelvist said:

Thats lovely...

I enjoyed NOLF, I felt like I was playing a PC game, unlike that console shooter Doom 2016 and its expansion Eternal (which im allowed to not like), I felt like I was playing a console game that was half-assedly trying to appeal to PC gamers.

further proven my point. as if it was feel like PC game yet it was goldeneye to apeal "PC gamer"

I rather play FPS with perfect gameplay mechanics than one that is broken with broken stealth but "hur hur classic PC game"

NOLF was pretty bad. it was not until monolith released FEAR and they released FPS with perfect gameplay mechanics.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ghosts4ever

@Litchie said:

The MP part of Halo: CE was great fun. They can do both good. It's a shame they never got to the level of Halo: CE ever again, SP wise.

I hope will never if level design of CE like copy paste one and library are by any mean.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

20 hours for a Halo campaign is good. That's 4 or 5 times longer then previous halo versions.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#41 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ghosts4ever

@warmblur said:

coming from Far cry fan lol.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

They just want to end this story so badly. Wonder if they are just going to finish it up and start another story on the 4th mission.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

Can’t wait till metacritic tells me if it’s good or not(sarcasm)

Luckily gamepass go me covered and I won’t waist money if gamespot review scores are low(sarcasm)

Scores HAH

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#45  Edited By sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

I hope they get rid of the sprint mechanic and go back to classic halo. The whole reboot thing with time traveling reminds me of X-men days of future past.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 VFighter

@ghosts4ever: Its amazing how clueless and narrow minded you actually are.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@vfighter said:

plenty of games do have excellent stories but most third person action games focus more on cinematic and QTE rather than gameplay. thats what sony exclusive are.

i don't get it say game like say horizon zero dawn. it has total around 2 hours of cinematic but has 30 hours of gameplay. how is game play last? 30 hours of GAMEPLAY.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Ghosts4ever

@gifford38 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@vfighter said:

i don't get it say game like say horizon zero dawn. it has total around 2 hours of cinematic but has 30 hours of gameplay. how is game play last? 30 hours of GAMEPLAY.

boring and tedious open world. hardly good gameplau.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@sirk1264 said:

I hope they get rid of the sprint mechanic and go back to classic halo. The whole reboot thing with time traveling reminds me of X-men days of future past.

Now that was a good X-Men reboot movie I like. Just First Class and Days of Future Past were the only two good X-Men films. I'm fine with Halo's time travel, just like with Avengers: Endgame time travel. Spartans have been using sprint since like its mention in the books and I'm fine with keeping Sprint but they need to layoff overdoing it this time.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@gifford38 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@vfighter said:

boring and tedious open world. hardly good gameplau.

so don't get halo it's going to be 20 hours of gameplay. that's to much for for you. heck it might have cinematic in the game telling a story oh no xbox fans don't want a story in there games.