SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45141 Posts

Thoughts, SW? Are you excited for another Gears game? Do you have high expectations for it? I thought Gears 5 was good, but I think the series has lost its spark. Hopefully this next one bring it back.

UPDATE: Xbox Show case on June 9th

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-showcase-coming-june-9-with-new-call-of-duty-and-more-report/1100-6522450/

According to a new report, Microsoft will host a big summertime event this June featuring a number of game announcements and release date reveals, among other things.

The Verge reported that Microsoft is in the midst of planning its previously announced summer showcase, which the site said will take place on Sunday, June 9. The event will reportedly include the announcement of the next Gears of War game.

Additionally, it's rumored Microsoft will use the event to announce the release dates for the next Call of Duty game, as well as Avowed, Indiana Jones and the Great Circle, and Microsoft Flight Simulator.

GameSpot has contacted Xbox for comment.

The next Call of Duty game, which is said to be a Black Ops title, is reportedly going to take place, at least in part, during the Gulf War. The game will feature open-world missions, just like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, a report said.

In other Xbox news, Windows Central reported that 26-year Microsoft veteran Kareem Choudhry is leaving the company amidst a reorganization that focuses in part on Microsoft's ambitious plans for AI. Choudhry was known, in recent times, for spearheading Xbox's cloud gaming efforts, among other things.

Xbox's reported summer showcase on June 9 puts it just after Summer Game Fest's big showcase on June 7. Additionally, Ubisoft's own summer event takes place on Monday, June 10. It is expected that more gaming showcases will be announced in the time ahead.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6086 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Summer has just passed, would that be Winter you're referring to, which would be around June when MS has its "E3" show?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38925 Posts

If its not a reboot in first person like i think this franchise should be, then it will die extremely quickly, just like gears 5. If its just like Gears 5, the only ones you will see mentioning this game a week after launch is Digital Foundry cuz they'll use it to benchmark new hardware lmao.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#4 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69548 Posts

Gears have always been mediocre for me. Unless there is a fundamental change, it is going to remain in "meh" territory.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1243 Posts

I just wish they would bring back wingman...

Turning it into an FPS would be a good way to alienate the remaining 14 people who still care about the series.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45141 Posts

@Pedro: you probably got rekt in Gears multiplayer 🤣

@last_lap said:

@SolidGame_basic: Summer has just passed, would that be Winter you're referring to, which would be around June when MS has its "E3" show?

June yes

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44574 Posts

Looking forward to seeing what they can do with UE5.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44219 Posts

Oh hell yeah! Really enjoyed Gears 5 and have been itching for a new game in the series for awhile now.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Pedro: you probably got rekt in Gears multiplayer 🤣

@last_lap said:

June yes

I didn't play nor care for the multiplayer but I appreciate your obsession.🤭

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hardwenzen

@my_user_name said:

I just wish they would bring back wingman...

Turning it into an FPS would be a good way to alienate the remaining 14 people who still care about the series.

Alienate the 14 still playing while also having millions of curious gamers wanting to see how it'll turn out, and this is exactly what this franchise needs. They have been in the god of war situation after gears 3. If they didn't reboot gow, do you really think that gow2018 and ragnarok would've been this big? Gow titles released after gow3 and prior to gow2018 were "just another gow", the excitement was completely gone. Not to mention that if they stay third person, it'll be yet another cover shooter and i can't think of any shooter genres that are more outdated. Going ultra gory first person shooter with more depth to the gameplay loop is the only way of saving this series. But since MS is a bunch of pussies that are afraid of taking risks, nothing will change and gears 5 will be completely forgotten within 2 weeks.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1243 Posts

Maybe it'll garner more interest going FPS ... but from a fan's pov why would I want a series to change genres? Especially nowadays when it takes 4 - 5 years to get a sequel.

I'd rather see them do something like make destructible environments.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22701 Posts

Gears 5 was pretty forgettable. I played it on steam deck. Felt like we're ready to do something else.... Is anyone clamoring for more gears?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56137 Posts

Regarding Gears 6, I'm more interested if MS is still gonna do a Gears of War Collection cause I wanna replay Gears of War 1, 2, 3, and Judgment.

@TheEroica said:

Gears 5 was pretty forgettable. I played it on steam deck. Felt like we're ready to do something else.... Is anyone clamoring for more gears?

If you said you played Gears 5, then you should already know it was gonna be a continuation assuming you got to the last part of the game to make the painful choice on a key character. I'm not saying I'm clamoring for more Gears but I do want to see this new trilogy come to an end for good.

The only thing I like about Gears 5 is the Expansion from Hivebusters. It is the side stories like this that make Gears of War great to play and Hivebusters is the true Gears of War feel and not the one we're still getting.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6086 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: So Winter then, gotcha.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2141 Posts

Only played 1 and 2, so I would be interested in a remake collection on Steam rather than a sequel to a story I'm no familiar with.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46329 Posts

Holy cow, another Game pass banger. Phil just doesn't stop!

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1258 Posts

4 was good,5 great as was hive busters dlc and both looked stunning..with hellblade 2 coming next month and a possible holiday release for gears...Xbox have the best 2 looking games ever.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34621 Posts

Cool. I'll ignore it like the 4 earlier ones. Well, unless it's fun of course, but it's probably just more Gears.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10452 Posts

i enjoyed gears 5, not quite finished it yet, but it was when i first got gamepass and was trying out a lot of games, so wading through a lot of mediocrity, and gears stood out.

it was fun enough to play, reasonably interesting plot, very polished, and visually probably the best game ive seen on the xsx, but it did begin to feel a bit repetitive as time went on. leaps and bounds better than 4 though.

does feel like they've squeezed every bit of juice out of that formula and story though, so they need to bring something really new and interesting to the table if theyre going to make a sixth worth my time

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7239 Posts

Enjoyed gears 5 thought hivebusters was very good free DLC when the series X/s came out. Looking forward to seeing what they do with 6.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#21  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24933 Posts

@Litchie said:

Cool. I'll ignore it like the 4 earlier ones. Well, unless it's fun of course, but it's probably just more Gears.

Loading Video...

Rather looking forward to space marine 2. better Gears with no cover system and no Regen health.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44087 Posts

OMG, OMG, OMG and I mean for realzz!!!

lol :P

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8476 Posts

Next gen game? Someone tell the devs that we are already 4 years into 'the generation'.

Oh and please be excited to play as meat balls.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8857 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: To me, a legit criticism of Xbox is "where are the games"? It's already April, the first quarter of the year is gone. PS has2nd party titles, the Xbox has... nothing.

So, I really don't give a crap about another "reveal" until some titles start showing up. Until then, it's vaporware.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hardwenzen

@dabear: As a reminder, this game will die quicker than Halo Infinite.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hardwenzen
@ghosts4ever said:
Loading Video...

Rather looking forward to space marine 2. better Gears with no cover system and no Regen health.

What makes you think that your pc will handle this game?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6891 Posts

Gears is honestly Microsofts best franchise but it was obvious with 5 they have no idea what to do with the story. From a gameplay standpoint it hasn't evolved much.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dabear

@hardwenzen said:

Infinite is still one of the most played games on Xbox. Is anyone even playing God Of War: Ragnarok? Horizon? Spider-Man 2?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SecretPolice

lol :P

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Saint-George

@silentchief said:

Gears is honestly Microsofts best franchise but it was obvious with 5 they have no idea what to do with the story. From a gameplay standpoint it hasn't evolved much.

Your Gears comments Reminds me of God of war ragnarok,horizon forbidden west and TLOU2

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8100 Posts

i felt like they didn't go far enough with the open-world and rpg elements in Gears 5.. played it too safe.. Hivebusters and Gears Tactics showed what could be done with a true class-based system in Gears..

whatever they decide to do with Gears 6, they should go "all in" with it.. take some risks.. a tacked-on open-world and/or throwaway rpg mechanics isn't the way to go in my opinion..

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SecretPolice

@saint-george:

That and the Fact G5 was the first to have an open world with player controlled multi passenger vehicle and a cool vehicle to boot. Also, the first to incorporate an upgradable AI companion with many really cool and helpful abilities on the battlefield.

Seriously, for those things alone Gears 5 should have a meta of no less than mid 90's. :P

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hardwenzen

@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:

Infinite is still one of the most played games on Xbox. Is anyone even playing God Of War: Ragnarok? Horizon? Spider-Man 2?

One of the deadest titles around.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Saint-George

@SecretPolice said:

@saint-george:

That and the Fact G5 was the first to have an open world with player controlled multi passenger vehicle and a cool vehicle to boot. Also, the first to incorporate an upgradable AI companion with many really cool and helpful abilities on the battlefield.

Seriously, for those things alone Gears 5 should have a meta of no less than mid 90's. :P

Correct....a case of 'the comments of someone never playing the game'...gears 5 and the original are the best imo

Why isn't Gears on PlayStation
Why isn't Gears on PlayStation

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17822 Posts

Wow that's a series i haven't thought of in a long time. I think I only played the first 2. I don't think i played 3....my 360 crapped out at that stage and i wasn't bothered replacing it.

Fun times in co-op though. My brother would charge off the with the chainsword function while I revived him. Surprisingly effective....at the start at least :P.

I wonder if MS will release a compilation too maybe? Would be nice. Will keep an eye out for a Gears 6 announcement. Hopefully it impresses.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dabear

@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:

LOL, Steam numbers for a free game pass title...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hardwenzen

@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:

Your point? Pvp, the thing that keeps the game on people's radar IS FREE, so why does your GP matter? Exactly, it doesn't, and you didn't think that one through, Mr Dabear.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9555 Posts

I always liked the idea of Gears, but sticky cover sucks... always has always will.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56137 Posts

@Antwan3K: Correction, Gears 5 wasn't an open-world to begin with. The word you are looking for is Semi open-world. The Star Wars Jedi games are also semi open-world meaning just larger areas without the day/night cycle which Gears 5 didn't have. The rumors is Gears 6 is going for a true open-world, I just think it's too late at this point.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dabear

@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:

Your point? Pvp, the thing that keeps the game on people's radar IS FREE, so why does your GP matter? Exactly, it doesn't, and you didn't think that one through, Mr Dabear.

All your Steam charts accurately show is:

Gamers who don't pay for game pass, and a playing on PC only.

That's it. That's all Steam numbers mean. And, moo cow, that is a p*ss poor sample.

So, that's my point.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hardwenzen

@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:

That's it. That's all Steam numbers mean. And, moo cow, that is a p*ss poor sample.

So, that's my point.

Live service titles are more popular on pc. Shooters are more popular on pc. Multiplayer doesn't require GP. So what makes you think that an Xbox, a system that is barely selling, has more players playing than what's on pc? You have no proof whatsoever, and you're on hopium. This is not 2007, Halo is tiny compared to even Apex, so what you're seeing on pc is the large majority of players that are still playing. When pc has 3k players, be glad if Xbox has 1.2k.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Gears 5 is by far Microsoft's best title since... Well Gears 3 lol. I have long waited for Gears 6.

Cannot wait to see how epic it'll look in UE5! We need more story-based co-op games.

I don't mean narrative driven like TLOU or GOW (obviously) but Gears 6 at least has a story, unlike games like Helldivers 2 which is pretty much just horde mode / zombies but with bug and robots... Which is cool - but I prefer single player games with a friend :p

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dabear

@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:

So, that's my point.

Live service titles are more popular on pc. Shooters are more popular on pc. Multiplayer doesn't require GP. So what makes you think that an Xbox, a system that is barely selling, has more players playing than what's on pc? You have no proof whatsoever, and you're on hopium. This is not 2007, Halo is tiny compared to even Apex, so what you're seeing on pc is the large majority of players that are still playing. When pc has 3k players, be glad if Xbox has 1.2k.

Not Halo. It's an Xbox title first.

Give it up, I am tired of proving you wrong.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hardwenzen

@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:

So, that's my point.

Not Halo. It's an Xbox title first.

Give it up, I am tired of proving you wrong.

As i said, you're on hopium. This is not 2007 Halo. We're in 2024, Halo is NOTHING. Doesn't matter if we're talking about consoles or pc, the IP is dead.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1350 Posts

I was a huge fan of the Gears of War series on the Xbox 360, in fact I bought one just to play those games back in the day. I’d like to see a new game in the series, just hoping they stick to their roots and don’t inject a lot of the modern day gaming tropes and standards into it (microtransactions, woke storyline and characters, etc.)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Pedro
@ratchetclank92 said:

I was a huge fan of the Gears of War series on the Xbox 360, in fact I bought one just to play those games back in the day. I’d like to see a new game in the series, just hoping they stick to their roots and don’t inject a lot of the modern day gaming tropes and standards into it (microtransactions, woke storyline and characters, etc.)

The series have performed poorly with the last 2 installments. Weren't the last two games very close to the game's roots?

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@hardwenzen: Halo Infinite is actually great me. Only thing is I think regular FPS multiplayer is outdated. It was super fun during Call of Duty's prime (2007-11) but it very stale in 2024.

I hope Halo 6 (Halo 7? Infinite 2?) has a battle royale mode. That would be sick.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5896 Posts

Love Gears

Some where better than others, but enjoyed them all overall.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hardwenzen

@Mozelleple112 said:

@hardwenzen: Halo Infinite is actually great me. Only thing is I think regular FPS multiplayer is outdated. It was super fun during Call of Duty's prime (2007-11) but it very stale in 2024.

I hope Halo 6 (Halo 7? Infinite 2?) has a battle royale mode. That would be sick.

Were you into Halo back in its prime (2001-2010)?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6891 Posts

@saint-george said:
@silentchief said:

Your Gears comments Reminds me of God of war ragnarok,horizon forbidden west and TLOU2

Not sure how. Considering God of War had a complete gameplay overall in 2018 while Gears has been identical for 6 installments. TloU 2 also evolved more from a gameplay standpoint in one game than Gears did in 6.