Rumor: Vanquish 2 Coming as Xbox One Exclusive.

• 101 results
Larsa_Ferrinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Rumor: Vanquish 2 Coming as Xbox One Exclusive. (43 votes)

Xbox one X or 2 needs this. 33%
Should be on both Xbox2 and PS5 running at full 4K 120 fps. 49%
Put it on the Swtich. Platinum and Nintendo looks good together. 19%

Source: https://gamerant.com/vanquish-2-xbox-one-rumor/

Vanquish, the fast-paced action game from Platinum Games, earned relatively positive reviews from critics back when it released in 2010, and now it appears as though fans will finally get a sequel. According to recent rumors, Vanquish 2 is in development, and it’s coming exclusively to Xbox One.

This is according to self-described industry insider Marcus Sellars, who has earned a reputation of being a fairly accurate leaker of video game news. While Sellars didn’t offer any additional details on the game, one has to imagine that a potential Vanquish 2 would likely be very similar to the over-the-top, cover-based shooter action seen in the first game.

Another hint that there could be some truth to this Vanquish 2 rumor is the recent addition of the original Vanquish to the Xbox One backward compatibility list. If Microsoft was looking to fund Vanquish 2 as an Xbox One exclusive, then it would make sense for it to make the original game playable on the platform.

Of course, it could just be a coincidence that Vanquishwas added to the Xbox One backward compatibility list right around the time Sellars made his claims about a sequel. Considering this, fans may want to keep their expectations in check until Platinum Games, Microsoft, or Sega officially announce Vanquish 2. More and Gamerant.com

• 
ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#51 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Xbox one exclusive?? I'm pretty sure PC is also include in it.. As long as PC is in it I couldn't careless!

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@MonsieurX: ? Good, so you admit that you’ve been owned then since you have no counter argument.

“? B...bu...but Bayonetta 2!!1” LMAO

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@kuu2: lmao right

Xbox needs exclusives!

"Hurnhur will flop"

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44650 Posts

@nintendoboy16: Vanquish was designed around PS3 first since it was the harder system to develop for, and once working right there wouldn't be a challenge to get Xbox 360 version running right. They learned their lesson after Bayonetta.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#55 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Been playing Vanquish and I'm loving it. MS would be wise to make the deal.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#56  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44650 Posts

Given MS's history with exclusivity, it's probably timed, will release in PC too, on UWP and/or Steam, and a year after its release on XB1 will be on PS4 and maybe Switch.

At very least, if true, I hope the deal is their "hug it out bitch" moment after how things went with Scalebound.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

@quadknight said:

@UssjTrunks: Even more stupid bullshit lies.

? Yea let’s pretend that games like Nier Automata, Nioh, Yakuza 0, Bloodborne, Demon’s Souls, Gravity Rush 1 & 2, etc. are bad because they didn’t release on Xbox and you’re losing an internet argument.

I don't have an Xbox. Useless console. Dark Souls series is great. Nioh should be good since it's a DS clone (haven't tried it yet). Like I said, there are a few good Japanese games, but most are mediocre. The quality of western games is much higher in general.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#58 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

@xantufrog said:

Didn't MS and Platinum just messily abort an expensive long-term exclusive project? MS lost their financial investment, lost face, and lost potential sales; Platinum lost enormous development time and potential sales. That couldn't have been an easy situation for either party. This seems... very unlikely.

Yes true, but that was MS taking too much control on the project since they were funding and publishing the title. This will be MS funding Sega and Platinum, and Sega controlling the quality, not MS.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

That would be pretty cool. The first one was a blast, and if they improve on that...awesome.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#60 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

Where's Master Shake? He's obsessed w/Vanquish.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@UssjTrunks: That’s only your opinion and doesn’t carry any weight objectively speaking. There are plenty of great Japanese games and I’d argue they surpass western titles this gen.

If anything western games are the ones becoming mediocre and very derivative. This gen alone has been full of many stellar Japanese games, and Japanese games seem to be leading the charge in terms of gameplay and innovation while western devs are sticking to shitty shallow gameplay while trying to use lootboxes and microtransactions to rob their customers.

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62  Edited By DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

Why? The original flopped. I honestly doubt anyone would buy the sequel.

Besides, Mikami left Platinum Games so he wouldn’t work on it. Maybe they’d give it to the ‘Metal Gear Rising’ Team. Who knows?

I’d be amazed if Microsoft did this though.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

Xbox gamers don't play Japanese games? Have you not heard how well Monster Hunter World is doing?

Platinum screwed MS, but Sega is a big ally and were touring Redmond WA campus when this leaked.

I do want to add this. I usually don't think games like this should be exclusive to any one console. But we do have to look at Bayonetta, that really underperformed and no one was willing to take a chance on a sequel but Nintendo. And congrats to them they ended up getting a game far better than the first. In that case I am fine with, but money hatting to exclude content and hold exclusive just irks me. I am not into "you cant play this na na na naa na naah" crap. Or wanting games to fail.

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

no one cares about that game

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#65 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19675 Posts

Looking forward to it on PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@xantufrog said:

Didn't MS and Platinum just messily abort an expensive long-term exclusive project? MS lost their financial investment, lost face, and lost potential sales; Platinum lost enormous development time and potential sales. That couldn't have been an easy situation for either party. This seems... very unlikely.

Yes true, but that was MS taking too much control on the project since they were funding and publishing the title. This will be MS funding Sega and Platinum, and Sega controlling the quality, not MS.

You know this to be true? I would love to read the article stating this.

What we do know is that MS poured money into it for 4yrs with nothing to show for it.

Berrlett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#67  Edited By Berrlett
Member since 2017 • 451 Posts

This Franchise is property of Platinum Games, why would they release it exclusive to the Xbox One ? its weakest install base home console and has no future and no games. Not gonna happen. Will not be exclusive through playanywhere anyways.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#68  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

So it would also be on the PC given what 'Xbox exclusive means'?

There's no way that an expensive game that isn't a system seller would be exclusive to a platform which sells at a slower rate than the others. There's no logic in that.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#69  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41571 Posts

@Vatusus said:

Doubt it. I still remember when RE7 was rumoured to be an xbox exclusive... and after Scalebound I doubt PG would want to work for MS ever again, or MS with them

@nintendoboy16 said:
@jtothamtothap said:

I think sequels being exclusive when the original was not....is stupid.

I would normally agree, but given that Platinum's IP have a niche,

Thats precisely the point. If their fanbase is already niche then splitting it doesnt do them any good, especially when alienating the fanbase that gave them the most sales wich is the PS fanbase. Both Bayonetta and Vanquish sold better on PS3 and we now know Nier: Automata is their biggest success story yet.

Really? Because it's shown to have worked for Bayonetta, otherwise we wouldn't have seen the announcement of game three.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44238 Posts

Whelp now all the wii-a-moos who praised the first game to high heaven will suddenly think the IP sucks. lol

Anyway, I don't care either way but to stay consistent, it's best for true gamers to want all games to be buy once, play anywhere, for the gamerzz... Jazz. :P

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26650 Posts

@ezekiel43 said:

I don't even know if I'd play it. First one was pretty mediocre. PG is overrated.

I also thought the first was overrated. I bought it on PC, and it's just meh. Played it for about an hour, and don't have any inclination to go back.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@kuu2 said:

'Microsoft needs exclusives.'

'Vanquish would be terrible if Microsoft has exclusivity.'

MMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOO................

Cows complain about MS having nothing but then complain when MS has something. Never ending moo jerk, milk spraying in all directions.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#73  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@Vatusus said:

Doubt it. I still remember when RE7 was rumoured to be an xbox exclusive... and after Scalebound I doubt PG would want to work for MS ever again, or MS with them

@nintendoboy16 said:
@jtothamtothap said:

Thats precisely the point. If their fanbase is already niche then splitting it doesnt do them any good, especially when alienating the fanbase that gave them the most sales wich is the PS fanbase. Both Bayonetta and Vanquish sold better on PS3 and we now know Nier: Automata is their biggest success story yet.

Really? Because it's shown to have worked for Bayonetta, otherwise we wouldn't have seen the announcement of game three.

It actually didnt. The game flopped both on WiiU and now on the Switch.

https://www.eteknix.com/bayonetta-2-sales-switch-expectations/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-02-19-bayonetta-2-physical-switch-sales-down-on-wii-u

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/02/19/bayonetta-2-sold-slightly-less-nintendo-switch-wii-u/

A third game being announced after a flop isnt anything new. Devil May Cry 3 still happened despite Devil May Cry 2 flop both critically and commercially. Dont act like the announcement of a sequel automatically correlates with "success"

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#74 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41571 Posts

@Vatusus said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@Vatusus said:

@nintendoboy16 said:
@jtothamtothap said:

It actually didnt. The game flopped both on WiiU and now on the Switch.

https://www.eteknix.com/bayonetta-2-sales-switch-expectations/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-02-19-bayonetta-2-physical-switch-sales-down-on-wii-u

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/02/19/bayonetta-2-sold-slightly-less-nintendo-switch-wii-u/

A third game being announced after a flop isnt anything new. Devil May Cry 3 still happened despite Devil May Cry 2 flop both critically and commercially. Dont act like the announcement of a sequel automatically correlates with "success"

You know, the last time I thought Bayo 2 on Wii U flopped, I'd gotten corrected (and bashed because we hardly get along these days) by a sheep who's "respected" around here by even the most resentful of Nintendo (hint: he's a mod).

And how can Bayo 2 be a complete fail? For god's sake, she was a major fan request for Nintendo's "not a fighter" fighter and THEY followed through with it (it's the same IP that also allowed a Sony centric Final Fantasy character that was going to be on N64).

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#75 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70207 Posts

So, the folks that complain about the Xbox not having exclusives are now complaining about a potential rumored exclusive and that it would be bad on the Xbox. LMAO.

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

It would sell like hot poop.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Sure if Plat wants to lose money, then yah that would make sense.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

@boycie said:

Will be shit then if it’s xbox exclusive.

and sales will reflect it to..loz...MS throwing shit to a wall and hope something sticks.

Vanquish 2..lmao

carlquincy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 carlquincy
Member since 2012 • 391 Posts

Skeptical, after Platinium's development experience with MS.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#80 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@spex_z said:

I just hope Vanquish 2 is real, exclusive or not. The first was great fun.

Agreed

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 cainetao11

@Phazevariance said:
@kuu2 said:

'Microsoft needs exclusives.'

'Vanquish would be terrible if Microsoft has exclusivity.'

MMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOO................

Cows complain about MS having nothing but then complain when MS has something. Never ending moo jerk, milk spraying in all directions.

Exactly. They won't ever be satisfied with anything. They simply can't stop hating even if there is a possibility of Xbox doing something that may bring a great game to market. When its SF5 its all amazing but if MS funds a game all they're worried about are the sales numbers. What fvckin stake do any of you have in that? If it can bring the game to life I'm for it.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

It's not gonna happen, not after Scalebounds fiasco.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@cainetao11: If MS actually ends up funding V2 like Sony did for SFV, then it's all good and I'd be glad to hear that in the end a good game is getting a sequel.

But that's likely not going to happen, remember scalebound?

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8505 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@ezekiel43 said:

I don't even know if I'd play it. First one was pretty mediocre. PG is overrated.

I also thought the first was overrated. I bought it on PC, and it's just meh. Played it for about an hour, and don't have any inclination to go back.

Same here. I may give a sequel a chance if it ends up on PC.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 cainetao11

@vfighter said:

@cainetao11: If MS actually ends up funding V2 like Sony did for SFV, then it's all good and I'd be glad to hear that in the end a good game is getting a sequel.

LOL Thats why its called a RUMOR. I never said its going to happen or not. I pointed out how many cows are a bunch of haters that won't be happy with Xbox for any reason.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Hmm tbh, I wish not lol. I'd play it if it ever comes out on PS4.

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2151 Posts

Lol, lems jumping down peoples throat for pointing out a stuipd rumor. Nier being a massive success. Scalebound being cancelled. Yea, good reasons to release a exclusive on a shit console. Go home lemmings, you're drunk.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

I don't see why PlatinumGames would risk trying to work with Microsoft again.

BluFalconUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 BluFalconUltra
Member since 2014 • 459 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@vfighter said:

LOL Thats why its called a RUMOR. I never said its going to happen or not. I pointed out how many cows are a bunch of haters that won't be happy with Xbox for any reason.

Talk about hypocrisy and whining lol. Xbox fanboys said exclusives didn't matter, but are gassing a rumor about an exclusive that they won't buy and a game they never cared about. Suddenly every Xbox fan is playing Vanquish 1 on BC ROFL. No one cares enough to hate on the Xbox One. You should be more concerned with not having any exclusives instead of Sony fans. Turn your frustration against MS for not supporting the Dead Box Done lol.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By cainetao11

@blufalconultra: Lol i apologize for stinging you. Also link me to me saying exclusives don't matter at all, please.

How are they not supporting It? A new IP comes out this month

BluFalconUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 BluFalconUltra

@cainetao11 said:

@blufalconultra: Lol i apologize for stinging you. Also link me to me saying exclusives don't matter at all, please.

You didn't sting anything sense I don't give a damn about Xbox, but you should be concerned and take your frustration out on them for the lack of games lol. I never said you said they didn't matter, but you know the Xbox fanboys have been saying that for two years now. Anyway, enjoy your Xbox for...whatever you do with it.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By cainetao11

@blufalconultra: Lol you reaching bro. I'm not frustrated. I own every system. *Since when is it out of the realm of SW for any of us to post about the behavior of other factions? Youre doing it and im not pretencious enough to tell anybody what they should be doing. The only thing I "should" ever do is be true to myself.

BluFalconUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 BluFalconUltra

@cainetao11 said:

@blufalconultra: Lol you reaching bro. I'm not frustrated. I own every system. *Since when is it out of the realm of SW for any of us to post about the behavior of other factions? The only thing I "should" ever do is be true to myself.

Well then you should be busy playing games on PS4 instead of worrying about Xbox not having games.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 cainetao11

@blufalconultra: How am i worried about Xbox not having games? Lol ?

Because i point out a bit of negativity from cows?

BluFalconUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 BluFalconUltra

@cainetao11 said:

@blufalconultra: How am i worried about Xbox not having games? Lol ?

Because i point out a bit of negativity from cows?

You said people were hating but no one hated. Just stating facts lol.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 cainetao11

@blufalconultra: What's factual about rumor of a hypothetical games sales numbers lol

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@freedomfreak said:

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised. Of all their work, this is the most Microsoft.

It's good that people will start caring about this franchise, then.

Wasn't the first game developed with the PS3 in mind though?

If I remember correctly, it was more of "ok we are also developing on PS3 ourselves as well, and it won't turn out like Bayonetta"

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6959 Posts

Doubtful. But I would like to see Vanquish 2 regardless of platforms since I liked the first one and think there is potential in the IP.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#100 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70207 Posts

The sentiment here almost reminds me of Scalebound. When the game was revealed it received non stop hate but when it was cancelled it was the lost saviour of the Xbox. LOL.