Rumor: Street Fighter 6 leaked through recent Capcom hack, in development on multiple platforms

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58987 Posts

Good news for potatoes who enjoy hundreds of hours learning repetitive guitar hero patterns in the hopes of ranking up to earn nothing of any worldly value other than cancerous radiation being blasted in your face which, hopefully lowers sperm count to the point breeding becomes an impossibility. More shit is on the way. Presumably with content this time and actually working properly. On multiple platforms.

Apparently.

Rumor: Street Fighter 6 leaked through recent Capcom hack, in development on multiple platforms

It was confirmed that Capcom fell victim to a serious hack last week that compromised sensitive data including sales reports, personal employee information, and details on upcoming projects. The people responsible for this hack have reportedly begun releasing information regarding future titles and content the company currently has in the works, and particulars about Street Fighter 6 may have surfaced.

According to a pastebin containing files from the hack that is currently making the rounds on social media, Street Fighter 6's existence is not only referenced here, but we also learn that the game is in development for Xbox Series X, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. This information has not yet been confirmed, so it's worth taking it with a grain of salt.

Reports point to Ragnar Locker as the hacker responsible for the attack — a gang who has been known to issue ransomware to other organizations in the past. With the initial hack, a ransom note to Capcom was sent by the entity that demanded they pay a sum of money in exchange for not releasing any of the newly acquired data.

The new information about Street Fighter 6 was shared by Twitter user pokeprotos and claims to be from an email that discusses the progression on 3D modelling. Within the email are strings of code that directly reference Street Fighter 6 and the platforms it is allegedly in development for.

"Ragnar has just released more onto the internet, this time including emails regarding #StreetFighterVI," pokeprotos writes. "Email itself seems to be about progression on 3D modelling, but this is still groundbreaking nonetheless. VI confirmed!"

According to the newly shared files, Keywords International is currently in the process of playtesting the upcoming game. The organization's official website details their services, including Functionality Quality Assurance, making the claims that Keywords is currently testing plausible.

Street Fighter 6's existence likely isn't a surprise to a lot of fans here in the fighting game community, but if the details about its cross-platform and cross-generation release are to be believed, the significance here is legitimate.

Street Fighter 5 initially saw its launch on PlayStation 4 and PC back in February 2016. Its exclusivity was a result of a deal between Capcom and Sony, which ultimately meant that Xbox One users would not be able to get their hands on Capcom's major fighting game.

With a potential release right out of the gate on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, the fan base does away with the limitations of Street Fighter 6's predecessor. Not only could we see the game on both next-gen consoles, but those who are unable to purchase the latest hardware — especially given the short supply — will also have the opportunity to purchase and play the next Street Fighter game.

Unfortunately, the leaked documents do not make any mention of cross-play between all of these different platforms, but if Capcom does implement the feature we could be seeing the optimal set up for connectivity and the player base.

At this point in time, Street Fighter 6's existence and the latest claims have yet to be officially announced or confirmed.

Sent in by balmung55, jleadership, David_I, and Y2J_br.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45125 Posts

Well hopefully it will be a complete game when it launches. Still not over the SFV launch 🤨

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69520 Posts

I hope they release it only on the PS5 and PC. 😉

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

We probably won't see this game until 2023. Not holding my breath.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44195 Posts

Not terribly surprising for sure but glad to hear that it’ll be on more systems this time because Street Fighter V only being on PS4 and PC really sucked. Hopefully it’ll be much more complete the SFV’s launch as well.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7272 Posts

I'm glad to hear SF6 may be multiplatform again, but these ransomware guys can die in a fire.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I'll wait for the Super Ultimate Turbo Edition that'll release on PS6 in 2032.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

How can a fighting game take this long to come out? They're just rehashing everything and apply a new coat of paint.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#9 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15925 Posts

I had to play with noobs now?

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Sorry Crapcom you won't get any money from me.

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1001 Posts

@hardwenzen: isn't that true for most numbered games?

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1001 Posts

I prefer Marvel VS Capcom, but since Infinite was a disaster I'm not holding my breath that we will get 4. Also also where the F is Darkstalkers Capcom?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

@nfamouslegend said:

@hardwenzen: isn't that true for most numbered games?

Of course not. There's world building, mechanics and so many other things. In a fighting game its just a 2d arena with some random crap in the background. Can't be hard to develop compared to an open world game, standard rpg's with a bunch of dialogue, an fps or pretty much any genre.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@sakaixx said:

Surely you can turn crossplay off so you don't have to play against hermit right?

But in all seriousness most of the noobs would be on PS as its the casual noobs console of choice, i mean you play on it LOL.

Sadpolar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sadpolar7
Member since 2016 • 108 Posts

After the SF5 launch I won’t be buying SF6. I felt really ripped off with that and there is no excuse for releasing 25% of the game and charging full price. This is coming from a guy who has owned every SF game since SF2 and even pumped a bunch of quarters in SF1 with my bro when we were kids.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15925 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@sakaixx said:

Surely you can turn crossplay off so you don't have to play against hermit right?

But in all seriousness most of the noobs would be on PS as its the casual noobs console of choice, i mean you play on it LOL.

And Pros aswell since PS is the console of choice for most of EVO lineups ~

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46309 Posts

Will it launch with 5% of the content like Street Fighter V did?

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: I'm praying Capcom learned their lesson with SFV and MvC:I. I love SFV and even though the gameplay was fantastic from day one it truly was an unfinished game.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

@Pedro: lol why ps5 and pc only?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@sakaixx said:
@i_p_daily said:
@sakaixx said:

And Pros aswell since PS is the console of choice for most of EVO lineups ~

You mean bums who don't have a job, sure.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56120 Posts

This would be the first mainline SF that starts cross-gen IIRC. Understandable in Capcom wanting a huge player-base and its original release date. However at the same time, I am concerned SF6 is limited in some form due to cross-gen. If this game is going to represent PS5/XSX gen for SF, then not being able to take advantage of the hardware is a bit of a downer but let's hope this isn't going to be a problem.

@Sollet said:

@Pedro: lol why ps5 and pc only?

I believe Capcom only went PS4 exclusive (besides PC) because they needed help with development. I'm sure Capcom wants to get ST6 into as many platforms as possible now. PS5/XSX/PC is what Capcom have in mind. (PS4/Xbox One, unlikely)

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34616 Posts

I also heard a rumor somewhere that Nintendo is making a new Mario game.

Make another good Marvel vs. Capcom. That was fun.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56120 Posts

@Litchie said:

Booooring. Make another good Marvel vs. Capcom. That was fun.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite was shit and the sells were poor, Capcom isn't gonna try and do another one. At this point, Capcom themselves need to leave Marvel alone and go do something else. Capcom vs something new...DC?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#24 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69520 Posts

@Sollet: I wasn't being serious.🙂

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34616 Posts

@davillain- said:
@Litchie said:

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite was shit and the sells were poor, Capcom isn't gonna try and do another one. At this point, Capcom themselves need to leave Marvel alone and go do something else. Capcom vs something new...DC?

Street Figher x Tekken was great fun too.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is probably better than all the other Capcom crossover games. More of that to the west would be awesome.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#26 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58987 Posts

@davillain- said:
@Litchie said:

Must disagree, personally think Marvel vs Capcom Infinite was actually good gameplay wise with much of the problems coming from terrible marketing where it became a largely negative reception before the game even touched the ground.

Capcoms business practice didn't help matters either.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Well it doesnt take a genius to guess that there will be a SF 6...

...that being said, LETS F'N GOOOO!

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

Maybe they won't just launch vs mode and survival this time. Given how CAPCOM and Namco have been treating their flagship fighters, I expect a repeat of SF5's launch.