SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44069 Posts

My goodness. Not only does BS Jive have no new games but now losing more games in the process. ;o

Gotta be tough to be cow these dayzzz. lol :P

So warriors, how long before Phony goes 3rd party?

The Story.

Hit the link for full read...

----

Rumor: Next Five PlayStation PC Ports Leaked (msn.com)

Rumor: Next Five PlayStation PC Ports Leaked

• PlayStation is planning to release more of its popular exclusive games for PC, following the success of titles like Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War.
  • A leaked list suggests that The Last of Us Part 2, God of War Ragnarok, Demon's Souls, Gran Turismo 7, and Ghost of Tsushima will be among the upcoming PC ports.
  • Although these leaks are not confirmed, it is likely that these highly successful PlayStation titles will eventually make their way to the PC market.

PlayStation’s next wave of first-party PC ports has been leaked online, and if this rumor is true then some of the company’s biggest exclusives are branching out in 2024. While Sony’s staple of first-party studios has naturally focused on making exclusive titles for PlayStation consoles, Sony has been working toward bringing some of these games to a wider PC audience in recent years. This has had mixed results so far, with titles like Horizon Zero Dawn and 2018’s God of War finding major success while others like Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection and The Last of Us Part 1 struggling to make sales on PC outlets like Steam.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1055 Posts

Wow Demon's on my Deck, and GT7 too that's dangerous for my free time. All of that sounds good.

I'm still hoping for Bloodborne.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58978 Posts

Only care about Demon Souls.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8076 Posts

Demon's Souls is a welcome surprise.. 👍

of that list, i'll be picking up The Last of Us: Part II, God of War: Ragnarök, and Ghosts of Tsushima.. (along with Horizon: Forbidden West)..

Spelamera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Spelamera
Member since 2024 • 72 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Yeah Demon Souls will be sick for PC if they add improvements

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8854 Posts

It's not going to be long before this becomes a "Day 1" think.

Mark my words - Sony will go "Day 1 PS/PC".

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56110 Posts

@dabear said:

Sony needs to. They are losing money by not doing day one releasing on PC and once the hype of a game dies down, PC gamers won't give a damn on a year later port game from Sony.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46303 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

You should play Succubus in preparation.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44566 Posts

This is what cows deserve.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1252 Posts

"PlayStation first party will NEVER go to PC"..."Xbox has no Games"

them old cow narratives,that won't be forgotten regardless of where you try to move the goalposts too.

Paybacks a bitch eh!
Paybacks a bitch eh!
GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2468 Posts

If GT7 has PC VR support that’s HUGE

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 R4gn4r0k  Online

@lamprey263 said:

Yup, after creating so many "Xbox is going multiplat, is Microsoft doomed" they deserve to lose all 6 games.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2468 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@lamprey263 said:

Yup, after creating so many "Xbox is going multiplat, is Microsoft doomed" they deserve to lose all 6 games.

Who is losing games though? And most of those games are a few years old, following the PlayStation PC release trend.

If Cows are upset about “losing” these games they need to grow up. How keeping folks from playing games makes them enjoy theirs more is mental. But folks trying to equate this to releasing on PC day and date is also silly. PlayStation has doubled down on their strategy. They’ve also come out against pushing everything on a subscription service. The Xbox and PlayStation strategies are different.

And the “Xbox is going multiplat” stuff is all coming from Xbox. It’s not some fanboy nonsense. So don’t project fanboyism on folks where there is none.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Antwan3K

@davillain said:
@dabear said:

Sony needs to. They are losing money by not doing day one releasing on PC and once the hype of a game dies down, PC gamers won't give a damn on a year later port game from Sony.

this ☝️..

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

Demon Souls, then I can get god mode cheat and **** that game up...awwww yeahhhh

Still don't think @TheEroica has finished the PS3 game I mailed him...lol

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44069 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Demon Souls, then I can get god mode cheat and **** that game up...awwww yeahhhh

Have you got a worthy gaming PC for the job?

And yeah, these dayzz, one of my favorite things to do in games is to be overpowering going in all Rambo style f'en some mofos up!! lol :P

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22685 Posts

Not sure if anything is legitimate, but my hopes were to play ghosts of tsushima and Ragnarok on my steam deck.... Looks like that may be a possibility. Don't have a ton of interests in many other Sony locked games. I do think that releasing games on PC is smart... Makes my life much easier too. Thanks Sony! No BS Jive for me!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@SecretPolice said:
@Heil68 said:

Have you got a worthy gaming PC for the job?

And yeah, these dayzz, one of my favorite things to do in games is to be overpowering going in all Rambo style f'en some mofos up!! lol :P

Not at the moment, but I am thinking about building another one! Would love to ditch both consoles and just have PC. I think all the Xbox games work well on it? I dont want shit ports like Last of Us.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DaVillain  Moderator

@Heil68: Get the Steam Deck OLED if you aren't up for building a PC. That's what the Steam Deck is good for.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheEroica  Moderator

@Heil68 said:

I beat that game on the first day you sent it to me... Smashed it with a hammer.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58978 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Don't understand this comment. Implying I'm a pervert? You're right.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@davillain said:
@dabear said:

I dunno. They have strong hardware sales, which would suggest their strategy is working for them. Those hardware sales convert to software support from third parties and subscription revenue. In other words, they probably profit better w/ a staggered release than releasing day one on PC.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 R4gn4r0k  Online

@uninspiredcup said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Don't understand this comment. Implying I'm a pervert? You're right.

I was gonna make some joke between demons and succubus but wasn't witty enough to come up with anything. Just play succubus, k?

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

@davillain said:
@dabear said:

A PlayStation business that is on multiple platforms doesn't need to emulate Xbox; they have so much runway to expand their business while maintaining their cash cow.

The question I always come back to is:

Why can't PlayStation maintain a successful console business *and* a successful multiplatform business?

I honestly don't think it's a tradeoff they need or should have to make for them to continue to grow over the next 10 years.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12304 Posts

@shellcase86 said:
@davillain said:
@dabear said:

I dunno. They have strong hardware sales, which would suggest their strategy is working for them. Those hardware sales convert to software support from third parties and subscription revenue. In other words, they probably profit better w/ a staggered release than releasing day one on PC.

The biggest thing that folks consistently miss is that PlayStation makes *significantly* more money per user than any of its competitors and, it's because of the reasons you described. The PlayStation console *ecosystem* is an absolute cash cow.

Simply put, PlayStation isn't just in the business of selling someone exclusives on their console. Someone who only buys exclusives is *NOT* their main audience. Getting one user to invest in the PlayStation console ecosystem is significantly more valuable than gaining one PC gamer that only buys exclusives on said console. It's why I think Sony is nowhere near wanting to trade off their PlayStation business for more users on PC.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DaVillain  Moderator

@Nonstop-Madness said:
@shellcase86 said:
@davillain said:
@dabear said:

The biggest thing that folks consistently miss is that PlayStation makes *significantly* more money per user than any of its competitors and, it's because of the reasons you described. The PlayStation console *ecosystem* is an absolute cash cow.

Simply put, PlayStation isn't just in the business of selling someone exclusives on their console. Someone who only buys exclusives is *NOT* their main audience. Getting one user to invest in the PlayStation console ecosystem is significantly more valuable than gaining one PC gamer that only buys exclusives on said console. It's why I think Sony is nowhere near wanting to trade off their PlayStation business for more users on PC.

Oh I get that their hardware does make up the bulk of their empire, I'm just simply saying they can make more money just by releasing their games on PC same-day on their console.

Although, I'm more amazed Sony doesn't want their own client store for PC gamers.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Antwan3K
@Nonstop-Madness said:
@shellcase86 said:
@davillain said:
@dabear said:

[...]

[...]

[...]

the most played games on PlayStation hardware are titles like Fortnite and Call of Duty.. and those games are available on PC.. yet, PlayStation hardware is still selling great despite the most played PlayStation games being available elsewhere..

the reason for that is simple: the console market and PC market are two separate markets.. and two separate markets can be targeted at the same time with Day One content..

the point being, mass-market gamers already aren't buying PS5s for the "exclusives".. heck, most of their offerings have been readily available on the PS4s those people already own.. PS5s are selling off their brand power.. and that brand power isn't going to suddenly disappear if/when they release titles on PC..

console gamers are still going to want to buy consoles regardless of what's happening on PC..

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12962 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:

And the “Xbox is going multiplat” stuff is all coming from Xbox.

Yup. Direct from Xbox. Phil confirmed a month ago that they will not be a third party publisher. It's great news for gamers around the world.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheEroica  Moderator

Day 1 Playstation games on PC renders the Playstation as useless as some find the Xbox... That IS the difference in the system wars... People buy Playstation because they believe games will be locked there...

Will be interesting to see how sonys brand fairs from a hardware perspective when they are in the same boat as Microsoft.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Antwan3K
@TheEroica said:

Day 1 Playstation games on PC renders the Playstation as useless as some find the Xbox... That IS the difference in the system wars... People buy Playstation because they believe games will be locked there...

Will be interesting to see how sonys brand fairs from a hardware perspective when they are in the same boat as Microsoft.

on hardcore gaming forums, sure.. but casual console gamers likely don't even know these games exist on PC and definitely don't care...

i agree it's going to be interesting.. i'd wager that Sony is just (smartly) bidding their time until a point where they feel the initial PR backlash will be at it's minimum..

and yeah, hardcore cows will all claim to abandon PlayStation on twitter.. yet, as Sony will rightly predict, they'll all still go out and buy a PS6 regardless..

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17820 Posts

@davillain said:
@dabear said:

I don't really agree. They already sell loads on their own console and they make more money per sale on the PS5. So it makes a lot of sense for them to stagger the release. If they release a game day 1 on PC and PS5 and 50% of the buyers buy through steam, valve are taking a 30% cut from that 50%. Many of those 50% may very well have bought a PS5 version instead too.

If the PS5 was selling poorly there would be more pressure for them to release day 1 on PC also. But it's selling very well and software sales are also strong. It's an approach that also works very nicely for R*.

However if I was Sony I would be looking to get many older PS exclusives games onto the PC. E.g. I reckon one of the reasons Uncharted didn't do so well is because it's just Uncharted 4. If they had the other games available too then it could be a nice sales boost for the whole series.

This would be a bit more challenging, especially for PS3 games since PC's just don't have the power of the PS3 :P J/K. But porting those games and getting them to a good level of quality would be more difficult than their other consoles. That gen was a bit of a janky mess for Sony. But GOW 1-3 and the PSP games, Gravity rush (would work really well with a mouse and keyboard i think), Wipeout series, Knack, Medieval, Shadow of the colossus and Ico...these games could find a nice third/fourth wind on the PC with some good ports.

Anywho assuming the rumour is true, Horizon Forbidden West and Ghost of Tsushima are a yes. GT7 would be a maybe (deciding between that and Forza...hmmm). Need to play more of GOW 2018 before i make a call on Ragnarok.

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 507 Posts

I'm interested in GOW Ragnarok releasing, but i'll wait on Ghost of Tsushima and Last of Us 2. I already have both on PS4 so I want to see the graphic overhaul on a PC rig and what mods come out before I double dip. Still, it's encouraging to see Sony finally start to get with the times and tap into another gigantic market.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GirlUSoCrazy

@osan0 said:
@davillain said:
@dabear said:

I don't really agree. They already sell loads on their own console and they make more money per sale on the PS5. So it makes a lot of sense for them to stagger the release.

Yeah it depends how big the gaming audience is on PC that has the specs to run these games, and how big of an appeal to the PC audience there is. They will probably run the numbers and see what makes sense.

But Bloodborne is old enough and it would probably appeal to enough people on PC, they should do it already.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17820 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:
@osan0 said:
@davillain said:
@dabear said:

I don't really agree. They already sell loads on their own console and they make more money per sale on the PS5. So it makes a lot of sense for them to stagger the release.

Yeah it depends how big the gaming audience is on PC that has the specs to run these games, and how big of an appeal to the PC audience there is. They will probably run the numbers and see what makes sense.

But Bloodborne is old enough and it would probably appeal to enough people on PC, they should do it already.

Oh yeah at this stage Bloodborne would make a lot of sense. Demons Souls make a lot of sense too. From Softwares games sell like hotcakes on the PC. It's strange that Sony haven't ported them already.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#35  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17811 Posts

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44183 Posts

Damn. PS5 ain’t gonna have any games if this keeps up.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By dabear
Member since 2002 • 8854 Posts

@osan0 said:
@davillain said:
@dabear said:

I don't really agree. They already sell loads on their own console and they make more money per sale on the PS5. So it makes a lot of sense for them to stagger the release. If they release a game day 1 on PC and PS5 and 50% of the buyers buy through steam, valve are taking a 30% cut from that 50%. Many of those 50% may very well have bought a PS5 version instead too.

If the PS5 was selling poorly there would be more pressure for them to release day 1 on PC also. But it's selling very well and software sales are also strong. It's an approach that also works very nicely for R*.

However if I was Sony I would be looking to get many older PS exclusives games onto the PC. E.g. I reckon one of the reasons Uncharted didn't do so well is because it's just Uncharted 4. If they had the other games available too then it could be a nice sales boost for the whole series.

This would be a bit more challenging, especially for PS3 games since PC's just don't have the power of the PS3 :P J/K. But porting those games and getting them to a good level of quality would be more difficult than their other consoles. That gen was a bit of a janky mess for Sony. But GOW 1-3 and the PSP games, Gravity rush (would work really well with a mouse and keyboard i think), Wipeout series, Knack, Medieval, Shadow of the colossus and Ico...these games could find a nice third/fourth wind on the PC with some good ports.

Anywho assuming the rumour is true, Horizon Forbidden West and Ghost of Tsushima are a yes. GT7 would be a maybe (deciding between that and Forza...hmmm). Need to play more of GOW 2018 before i make a call on Ragnarok.

Sony's CEO basically agrees with me as of yesterday.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12962 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Damn. PS5 ain’t gonna have any games if this keeps up.

They already don't. They only have 1 first party developed game announced for all of 2024.

Concord (Day 1 PC)

and their other game, Wolverine, is confirmed for 2026.

PSVR2? Well, that is dead an buried.

Boiled-Hotdug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Boiled-Hotdug
Member since 2022 • 300 Posts

I know the leak is true because Bloodborne isn’t on the list

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44566 Posts

This be funny because Sony's not even trying to have a strong first party exclusive output and I'm not even knocking them for putting games on PC, they should, but it's coming at the expense of their first party output on consoles. They clearly can't do both. That plus their GaaS ambitions got most their internal studios bogged down on a futile attempt to make the next Fortnite, Roblox, Minecraft, GTA Online, Apex Legends, etc etc. That's some shooting for the moon ambition right there and frankly it's crazy. What next, thy teaming up with Squeenix to sell NFTs?

Loading Video...

Sony console fanboys never seem to celebrate their games anymore and the only thing they can have a jubilant circle jerk about is console unit sales and not much else. The first party outputs are re-releases of not so old games that require a paid upgrade and they treat each re-release like a brand new banger, then they do it all over again when they get ported to PC. They're worse than Capcom was 15 years ago.

Loading Video...

When they whine about being left out and people be like "just get an Xbox bro", but still they be like:

Loading Video...

Having a PS5 and only a PS5 gotta feel like:

Loading Video...

They mocked Xbox for years telling them to try harder, so they did, then cows be like:

Loading Video...

Now SIE's new leadership embraces this play anywhere direction. Xbox took years to get the ball rolling to get where they are now. I don't think Sony or the fanboys even know what the UWP pivot was. To put it bluntly, it's NOT just putting games on PC. It's a cross-platform infrastructure that bridges entitlements and player progression, Play Anywhere is about giving gamers the best version to play at no additional cost and Sony still wants to make gamers double dip on their games for both the cross-platform access, but also the upgrades, and with no progression cross-over. Sony's ecosystem is like a cheap Chinese knockoff of what the UWP is, like it's solely the shell of something it's trying to imitate without the functionality or reliability. This is starting to feel like a console people will buy after catching some 3am infomercial like "order now and get two for half off limited time only".

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Sony and Cows right now

Meanwhile XBOX and Lems

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7271 Posts

If the split-screen update makes the jump, I'll get GT7.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Robertos
Member since 2023 • 961 Posts

Great news for those who hate 30 fps gaming, aka eye obliteration.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GirlUSoCrazy
@boiled-hotdug said:

I know the leak is true because Bloodborne isn’t on the list

🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#46 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69490 Posts

Sony is taking MS lead again.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6051 Posts

Why, it's not like Hermits buy them anyway.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61486 Posts

Would be interested in Demon's and Ghost of Tsushima. Played them before, but i'd have another go on PC.

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 507 Posts

@last_lap: Sony expects to make almost half a billion dollars in games sales on PC by March 2024 and sony games on PC account for 20% of their games sales currently, so that's a pretty ignorant statement.

https://gameworldobserver.com/2023/05/24/sony-pc-revenue-live-service-games-business-briefing

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#50  Edited By Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69490 Posts

@lamprey263: Forgive them, for they have been bitched slapped by Sony many times and they are still recovering from the whiplash.😂

It is fun to the slow dissolving of exclusives.