sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#51 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

Any idea of what studio the rumour is based on?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#53 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

@vatususreturns said:
@zaryia said:
@Chutebox said:

Man, this shit is annoying if true.

Why? People don't seem to mind Sony doing it for several gens now....

This argument again...

Sony mostly buys second parties i.e. developers that made sony funded IPs. MS buys well established IPs and takes them away from the competition. Both are in the wrong but one is a way bigger d*ck than the other, sorry

Doesn't fit the narrative so people don't want to hear it - even if it's true.

The funny thing is that all of these games produced by acquired studios will end up on PC, showing the futility of purchasing a studio to prevent games from appearing on competitors' hardware. Sony has even purchased a studio solely for porting to PC.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts
@zaryia said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@vatususreturns said:
@zaryia said:

This argument again...

Sony mostly buys second parties i.e. developers that made sony funded IPs. MS buys well established IPs and takes them away from the competition. Both are in the wrong but one is a way bigger d*ck than the other, sorry

Yes we were all particularly ecstatic when Sony bought Street Fighter 5. Then they made the Spider-Man ip exclusive to Playstation for video games, thank you Sony, oh and I am LOVING FF7 Remake on Xbox right now.

But it's MS that's the "d*ck" right?

Yeah he's making up fictional qualifiers that he feels are important even though he's even wrong on those.

This is pure fanboyism. It's fine when Sony does it but not MS, because Cows gonna Cow.

Street Fighter was always meant for everyone just like Spider-Man, that was a really low move imo. Street Fighter 5 exclusivity felt like a middle finger. So I have absolutely ZERO sympathy for cows now MS is doing it.

But here's why Sony is the bigger "d*ck". Because at the end of the day, all Xbox games will be on the PC AND Xcloud with Gamepass. So the cows don't even need to buy the games, they can just buy Gamepass for a month or two. Sony is the one that straight with-holds games from entire communities.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 940 Posts
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@vatususreturns said:
@zaryia said:
@Chutebox said:

Man, this shit is annoying if true.

This argument again...

Yes we were all particularly ecstatic when Sony bought Street Fighter 5. Then they made the Spider-Man ip exclusive to Playstation for video games, thank you Sony, oh and I am LOVING FF7 Remake on Xbox right now.

Capcom owns Street Fighter and Square owns FF . They do what they please with their IPs. Blame them for accepting Sony's proposal and making them exclusive (As if MS hasnt done it way worse in the past...).

Sony owns the media rights for Spider-man. It funded Insomniac to make the game. How exactly is it unfair making the game exclusive? Bayonetta 2 and 3 being a Nintendo exclusive also p*sses me of but since Nintendo funded the games when no one else wanted to do it I dont see how is it unfair to have the game exclusive. IPs like Doom, TES and Fallout were already million seller IPs before MS buying Bethesda out, so its not like they were in trouble to get funded. When Activision made Spidey games they werent exactly best sellers.

MS bought successful IPs because they couldnt compete with their 1st party studios alone.

You know what they say... when you cant compete, buy the competition

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 940 Posts
@zaryia said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@vatususreturns said:
@zaryia said:

This argument again...

Yeah he's making up fictional qualifiers that he feels are important even though he's even wrong on those.

This is pure fanboyism. It's fine when Sony does it but not MS, because Cows gonna Cow.

See reply above

Its not the same thing, no matter how much you try to spin it. No one cared about Spider-man games when Activision owned the rights. Suddenly Sony funds a well received Spider-man game and they're the bad guys for making it exclusive even though a former 2nd party (now 1st party) sony developer made it

But yeah, continue to spin it to fit your narrative

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 mazuiface

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@zaryia said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@vatususreturns said:
@zaryia said:

This argument again...

Street Fighter was always meant for everyone just like Spider-Man, that was a really low move imo. Street Fighter 5 exclusivity felt like a middle finger. So I have absolutely ZERO sympathy for cows now MS is doing it.

But here's why Sony is the bigger "d*ck". Because at the end of the day, all Xbox games will be on the PC AND Xcloud with Gamepass. So the cows don't even need to buy the games, they can just buy Gamepass for a month or two. Sony is the one that straight with-holds games from entire communities.

Dude... Street Fighter V is on PC and it has been since launch. Your whole post wraps up with irony. Also it shows that you don't really have an interest in playing SFV.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@vatususreturns said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@vatususreturns said:
@zaryia said:

This argument again...

Capcom owns Street Fighter and Square owns FF . They do what they please with their IPs. Blame them for accepting Sony's proposal and making them exclusive (As if MS hasnt done it way worse in the past...).

Sony owns the media rights for Spider-man. It funded Insomniac to make the game. How exactly is it unfair making the game exclusive? Bayonetta 2 and 3 being a Nintendo exclusive also p*sses me of but since Nintendo funded the games when no one else wanted to do it I dont see how is it unfair to have the game exclusive. IPs like Doom, TES and Fallout were already million seller IPs before MS buying Bethesda out, so its not like they were in trouble to get funded. When Activision made Spidey games they werent exactly best sellers.

MS bought successful IPs because they couldnt compete with their 1st party studios alone.

You know what they say... when you cant compete, buy the competition

Nah, Sony made the offer, they are to blame.

I never said it's unfair "the" Spider-Man game is exclusive, I said it's unfair the ip is exclusive in video games.

But Bethesda wasn't the competition. Which competition did they buy. :-S

And as I said, all Xbox games are available on the PC and streaming for a small Gamepass fee, while Sony locks games to one platform often. So tell me again how Sony aren't the bigger d*cks? It's you who is spinning this, as I said ZERO sympathy.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet: Sony didn't buy the exclusive rights for SF5, they funded the game. Big difference. You're letting your emotions override facts.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

@mazuiface said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@zaryia said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@vatususreturns said:

This argument again...

Dude... Street Fighter V is on PC and it has been since launch. Your whole post wraps up with irony. Also it shows that you don't really have an interest in playing SFV.

No, I said Street FIghter was meant for "EVERYONE". It's not ironic, because I'm not denying MS is doing that to Playstation, I'm saying that's why I have zero sympathy.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 HalcyonScarlet

@vfighter said:

@HalcyonScarlet: Sony didn't buy the exclusive rights for SF5, they funded the game. Big difference. You're letting your emotions override facts.

Just like MS will fund all future Bethesda ips?

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 mazuiface

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mazuiface said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@zaryia said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

No, I said Street FIghter was meant for "EVERYONE". It's not ironic, because I'm not denying MS is doing that to Playstation, I'm saying that's why I have zero sympathy.

All of the games Sony paid for are available on PC. Even Sony's second party studios are now porting their games to PC. There is a difference that you are ignoring though. MS bought studios that had games in development for all platforms, where Sony paid for marketing, publishing costs, and had a deal from the ground up for individual games. It's still a similar business practice, but it's the reason Bethesda execs were apologizing and Capcom did not need to.

Besides all of this - with Fighting games, it didn't really matter because the largest tournaments in the world all used PS4 for years. It's only recently that some of them are online with PC.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 mazuiface

@vfighter said:

Seriously. The "middle finger" he got for a game he doesn't have an interest in is lol

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 HalcyonScarlet

@mazuiface said:
@vfighter said:

Seriously. The "middle finger" he got for a game he doesn't have an interest in is lol

Is he, is that what he's doing. :-S

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 HalcyonScarlet

@mazuiface said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mazuiface said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@zaryia said:

All of the games Sony paid for are available on PC. Even Sony's second party studios are now porting their games to PC. There is a difference that you are ignoring though. MS bought studios that had games in development for all platforms, where Sony paid for marketing, publishing costs, and had a deal from the ground up for individual games. It's still a similar business practice, but it's the reason Bethesda execs were apologizing and Capcom did not need to.

Besides all of this - with Fighting games, it didn't really matter because the largest tournaments in the world all used PS4 for years. It's only recently that some of them are online with PC.

You just said, MS bought the studios, they'll be doing all those things for all their future games for years to come. And a lot of those games are in the early stages. Studios will always have games in development, so there is never a good time to buy them when they are doing nothing.

It's not about where the tournaments are it's who the game was available to.

And using your own argument then, all of Xbox games are on the PC for practically nothing on Gamepass, so nothing to be mad about right?

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 mazuiface

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mazuiface said:
@vfighter said:

I'm talking about you. I'm pretty amused at the storm you worked up over SFV. It's meant for "everyone" 🤣
Lol the same could be said of any game. What does that even mean?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@mazuiface said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@mazuiface said:
@vfighter said:

I'm talking about you. I'm pretty amused at the storm you worked up over SFV. It's meant for "everyone" 🤣

Lol the same could be said of any game. What does that even mean?

Clearly, the point was you didn't need to talk about me in the third person, right here bud.

You're being a hypocrite. Then MS is doing nothing wrong if all their games are available on the PC just like SF5 right? But you keep trying to make the same point backwards.

Where as my point is about not having sympathy for the cows now complaining about it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56098 Posts

@dabear said:
@davillain- said:

If MS isn't buying Bioware out from EA, than MS lost this race.

I don't think that is true at all.

I was being silly on the racing part. I just wish MS or someone buy Bioware out of EA.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#70 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@davillain- said:
@dabear said:
@davillain- said:

If MS isn't buying Bioware out from EA, than MS lost this race.

I don't think that is true at all.

I was being silly on the racing part. I just wish MS or someone buy Bioware out of EA.

The BioWare you knew and loved, has been dead for years. It's only a matter of time before EA dissolves them

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#71  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

I keep seeing the stories making the circles with people speculating something big. I think these sites just keep hyping it in hopes for clicks. I see EA, Take Two, Activision. None of those sound plausible to me. What I think might be more enlightening is the timing.

We know TGS 2021 is coming in a couple weeks so my guess if they'll announce anything then they'll be doing it there. And I'd assume if that's the venue then the company would be Japanese. So, going off that assumption, who could it be?

I'd want it to be Sega and they were rumored a while back but it's anybody guess. They were also rumored to just be pursuing a regional marketing deal so maybe it could just be that.

There was news earlier this year that Sega was splitting its gaming and amusement divisions causing others to speculate more of a potential buyout.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

What if they bought the planet Mars.