Rumor. Eurogamer (DF) Microsoft to talk about the Scorpio next week.

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

Jez Corden of Window central https://twitter.com/JezCorden/status/847930599998402565 says Microsoft could talk about Scorpio next week!

I read online though it not be MS, but Eurogamer/ Digital foundry who will talk about the Scorpio, its specs and other information.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

The DX12 of 2017 is incoming. Exciting!

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20104 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Haha. I also like how valid DF is when it's positive to MS or negative to Sony. But when it's the other way around...oh boy!

Avatar image for harnessthepower
HarnessThePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HarnessThePower
Member since 2017 • 267 Posts

Rumors are, Scorpio is going to come at a price tag of $749 and include a 5TB SSD, 2 controllers, and 2 years of Xbox live.

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1001 Posts

Don't see why MS is waiting until November to release this thing. They need it out now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#6 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Interesting. I hope this is true.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

@harnessthepower said:

Rumors are, Scorpio is going to come at a price tag of $749 and include a 5TB SSD, 2 controllers, and 2 years of Xbox live.

I heard you have to pay $749 every two years.

HarnessThePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HarnessThePower

@Pedro: No, after 2 years you just have to pay the regular $49.99 subscription fee for Live.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@loe12k: Leave the Scorpio threads to the cows as their damage control threads are a good source of comedy.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Welcome news, in need of a reason to pay attention to Xbox at the moment.

HarnessThePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HarnessThePower

@Basinboy: Exactly, my insider sources are telling me some really exciting things about the Scorpio. I think it's going to totally change the game. Could be a 10+ year console.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By loe12k

@harnessthepower said:

@Basinboy: Exactly, my insider sources are telling me some really exciting things about the Scorpio. I think it's going to totally change the game. Could be a 10+ year console.

Jez Corden is known to have Microsoft friends and he works for a company that writes about MS products. He revealed stuff before and ended up true. He's a solid source then again nothing happens in next week or so we can attack him.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By loe12k

@Zero_epyon said:
@silversix_ said:

Haha. I also like how valid DF is when it's positive to MS or negative to Sony. But when it's the other way around...oh boy!

It a cheaper way to talk about Scorpio before E3.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#14 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9729 Posts

They've been right before.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

@harnessthepower said:

5TB solid state drive?

Lol

If this was the case, people would be buying the console and then taking the SSD out to put it in their PC at that price.

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

@Pedro:

I heard you're required to hand over your first born as partial payment.

It's solid information because the guy was wearing a green shirt. No xbox logo but he was incognito obviously.

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

@loe12k: I'm curious what kind of CPU it's packing.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@silversix_ said:

It's the MS media propaganda machine at its best.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@Chutebox said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@silversix_ said:

It's the MS media propaganda machine at its best.

After Scorpio fails, i wonder what will be their next propaganda card. I can't think of a single thing.

HarnessThePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HarnessThePower

@mazuiface: Could be a great sales strategy. Even non-console gamers would be buying a Scorpio. A brilliant idea!

Daniel_Su123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Daniel_Su123
Member since 2015 • 1103 Posts

@silversix_: they'll probably allow Windows 10 PCs to play All Xbox games developed on Scorpio and have developers scale up or down like on PC via UWP. They will probably also have OEMs sell Pc consoles maybe with X86 or ARM processor to maybe create switch competitors.

It'll pretty much undermine, Sony and Valve

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

I'm interested in the CPU. It better be good.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@harnessthepower: there is absolutely no reason for MS to bundle any controllers, let alone 2 with the Scorpio. The 3 Xbox One controllers and my Xbox One Elite controller will work with the Scorpio. MS could def sell just the System to people that want to upgrade I need nothing else included driving up the price.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

instead of ssd it now comes with 5 std's

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@loe12k said:

Jez Corden is known to have Microsoft friends and he works for a company that writes about MS products. He revealed stuff before and ended up true. He's a solid source then again nothing happens in next week or so we can attack him.

He is also a PS4 hater and a MS suck up.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tormentos

@xxyetixx said:

@harnessthepower: there is absolutely no reason for MS to bundle any controllers, let alone 2 with the Scorpio. The 3 Xbox One controllers and my Xbox One Elite controller will work with the Scorpio. MS could def sell just the System to people that want to upgrade I need nothing else included driving up the price.

This is one of the most moronic arguments i have ever read here.

Most people don't even own a damn XBO why in hell would MS sell a console without a controller? Worse why the hell MS would invest millions in making an upgrade just aimed at a few people who want to upgrade.

You want your console to sell to as much people as possible,selling you the controller apart would simple make MS seem cheap not to mention the media would have a field day with them,even more the competition.

Avatar image for deactivated-58e448665784c
deactivated-58e448665784c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-58e448665784c
Member since 2017 • 68 Posts

@makemefamous07 said:

Get ready to see XB1 exclusives with PS2 graphics like this in 4k in Scorpio for $600 Premium ........Voodoo Vince. I think i rather play the Wii 2006 games than this lol. XB1 is dry as hell for video games & its not even summer yet lol

Mocking yourself here, VooDoo Vince was a beast of an XBOX exclusive and was visually impressive.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 xxyetixx

@tormentos: are you on drugs? 20million or more isn't hardly. Different SKU's exists and if MS was smart they'd have one that was the cheapest and was just the system.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@makemefamous07 said:

Get ready to see XB1 exclusives with PS2 graphics like this in 4k in Scorpio for $600 Premium ........Voodoo Vince. I think i rather play the Wii 2006 games than this lol. XB1 is dry as hell for video games & its not even summer yet lol

uh phil you can keep that one to yourself

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tormentos

@xxyetixx said:

@tormentos: are you on drugs? 20million or more isn't hardly. Different SKU's exists and if MS was smart they'd have one that was the cheapest and was just the system.

20 million is bullshit the xbox 360 sold 85 million man,the PS2 157,25 million sold the OG xbox and is consider a total disaster.

Yeah why give you an HDMI,control,cables or anything just sell us the box and nothing more.

Man you simply are deluded,all in the hopes of making Scorpio cheaper enough to compete lol.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 xxyetixx

@tormentos: ok f*ckstick let's try to use that brain of yours. I don't care what 360 and PS3 sold in their 10 year life span. Right now there are over 20 million people that own an Xbox One. For the sake of the argument let's say Scorpio is $750 like mentioned with 2 controllers and Live blah, blah, blah. MS would absolutely be retarded to not sell just the system with its cable hook ups(it's sad I even have to say that).

So now your taking $100 off for the lack of controllers. Live doesn't really matter and I would assume wouldn't lower the cost but we say minus the 2 controllers and 2 years of Xbox Live we are now down to $600. Throw in some good trade in deals for Xbox One and Xbox One S and we are potentially at a sub $500 price point.

As for myself I won't pay over $600 for the system. So MS had better do some variations of SKU's if they want more Scorpio's in the wild.

BotW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BotW
Member since 2017 • 22 Posts

@tormentos said:
@xxyetixx said:

20 million is bullshit the xbox 360 sold 85 million man,the PS2 157,25 million sold the OG xbox and is consider a total disaster.

Yeah why give you an HDMI,control,cables or anything just sell us the box and nothing more.

Man you simply are deluded,all in the hopes of making Scorpio cheaper enough to compete lol.

You paint things in a conveniently negative light instead of visiting things from an all encompassing viewpoint, I've noticed that you don't bring proper light to a situation to give people an honest take.

It's likely ~30 million at this point, the PlayStation 4 lead when numbers were still being tracked was never actually 2:1, it was like 1.87:1 or something like that. The Xbox One by all accounts is seemingly on track and pacing the Xbox 360 sales wise even in the face of the PlayStation 4 selling as well as it is.

The PlayStation 2 and Xbox situation? The Xbox was a new brand, a new console, completely untested waters as far as systems go, not to mention it was replaced in four short years and support quickly cut thereafter even though it was discontinued in 2009, it wasn't really supported, the full weight went behind the Xbox 360.

The PlayStation 2 didn't get the axe until 2013, at that point it was like $49.99, still marketed, still at retail everywhere, it was still steadily getting games, it had a library of thousands of games and it was something that when costs fell the third world soaked up as it was extremely accessible and a great value.

You can't just say whatever you want and go unchecked man, you need to keep things honest and give situational context to what you say.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

@xxyetixx:

Normally I wouldn't get involved in a discussion like this but I had to after reading your musings.

To suggest ms would sell the new console without a controller of any kind is the single most ludicrous ridiculous suggestion I've ever heard, even for this forum.

Of course it will have at least one controller in the box, they'll cheap out and make you buy the rechargeable battery for it as always but there will be a controller in there.

If you really believe otherwise I suggest you find a reputable shrink in your area cause you really need some help cuzz.

BotW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BotW

@l34052 said:

@xxyetixx:

Normally I wouldn't get involved in a discussion like this but I had to after reading your musings.

To suggest ms would sell the new console without a controller of any kind is the single most ludicrous ridiculous suggestion I've ever heard, even for this forum.

Of course it will have at least one controller in the box, they'll cheap out and make you buy the rechargeable battery for it as always but there will be a controller in there.

If you really believe otherwise I suggest you find a reputable shrink in your area cause you really need some help cuzz.

I agree, it's ridiculous, but don't forget that Nintendo decided to sell the New 3DS without a charger...

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By xxyetixx

@botw: @l34052: um you guys do know that everything with the Xbox One works for the Scorpio right????

Games, accessories, etc. there will be lots of people upgrading that don't need 5th, 6th or 7th controllers ?

KillOnSight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#37 KillOnSight
Member since 2015 • 458 Posts

Another Xbox One, yay!

BotW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BotW

@xxyetixx said:

@botw: @l34052: um you guys do know that everything with the Xbox One works for the Scorpio right????

Games, accessories, etc. there will be lots of people upgrading that don't need 5th, 6th or 7th controllers ?

Yes, but to not bundle it with a controller would be asinine.

General_Solo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By General_Solo76
Member since 2013 • 578 Posts

Am I the only one here that thinks there is almost zero buzz about Project Scorpio coming from the gaming community? I'm really starting to think Microsoft should rethink their position on first party software being shared between their Xbox and Windows PC divisions. Having almost no real exclusives to their home console platform really begs the question.....why does anyone really need an Xbox from here on out?

BotW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BotW

@general_solo76 said:

Am I the only one here that thinks there is almost zero buzz about Project Scorpio coming from the gaming community? I'm really starting to think Microsoft should rethink their position on first party software being shared between their Xbox and Windows PC divisions. Having almost no real exclusives to their home console platform really begs the question.....why do I really need an Xbox from here on out?

There's actually a lot of buzz, hype and fear, however since E3 there's just been so little information and the system is still 6-7 months out, sparse information equals sparse points of discussion.

BIack_Goku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BIack_Goku
Member since 2016 • 724 Posts

Next week is Persona week. RIP Scorpio.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 xxyetixx

@botw: yes to just sell Xbox Scorpio without a controller all together would be asinine.

But to sell the whatever TB 2 controller, 2 years of live Scorpio for $750, then a whatever TB, 1 controller 1 year of Live for $650, then a no controller no live just the system for $550 or less would be perfectly acceptiable a wise for MS to do.

BotW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BotW

@xxyetixx said:

@botw: yes to just sell Xbox Scorpio without a controller all together would be asinine.

But to sell the whatever TB 2 controller, 2 years of live Scorpio for $750, then a whatever TB, 1 controller 1 year of Live for $650, then a no controller no live just the system for $550 or less would be perfectly acceptiable a wise for MS to do.

You have no idea what it's going to cost from square one, the thing could be $400 for all we know.

You're going off the edge with ideas and logic that have no basis in presently known reality.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#44 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@tormentos said:
@xxyetixx said:

Most people don't even own a damn XBO why in hell would MS sell a console without a controller? Worse why the hell MS would invest millions in making an upgrade just aimed at a few people who want to upgrade.

You want your console to sell to as much people as possible,selling you the controller apart would simple make MS seem cheap not to mention the media would have a field day with them,even more the competition.

MS has sold about 70 million Xbox One consoles, that is hardly most people not owning one.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#45 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

@biack_goku said:

Next week is Persona week. RIP Scorpio.

Persona 5 came out back in September.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By xxyetixx

@botw: I was responding to the person that said Scorpio was going to be $749 and comes with 2 controllers and 2 years of live. Then based everything off that jackass. Maybe read the thread?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@makemefamous07 said:

? My sides!

BotW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BotW

@kvally said:
@tormentos said:
@xxyetixx said:

MS has sold about 70 million Xbox One consoles, that is hardly most people not owning one.

Subtract 55% from that number and you're on track.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@kvally said:

Stop doing drugs dude.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

@loe12k: Leave the Scorpio threads to the cows as their damage control threads are a good source of comedy.

Mr. Deflect is here to tell you that us cow don't need to make damage control threads, because scorpio is going to fail on its own. Only you lemmings are the ones who think its going to soar like an eagle lol.