Rumor: Devil May Cry V details leaked - some form of PS4 exclusivity (contains spoilers)

• 67 results
BIack_Goku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 BIack_Goku
Member since 2016 • 724 Posts

@quickposter said:

Why on earth are they paying for Devil May Cry when they passed on Bayonetta 2? Bayonetta is ten fold what DMC became stupid fools.

@Shewgenja Maybe like a lot of people he can't afford multiple consoles. Not everybody is as rich as you dude.

DMC is a much bigger franchise than Bayonetta, selling anywhere from 2-3 times as much in a single entry. There also hasn't been a DMC since 2008 before the first Bayonetta even released. Bayonetta has had years to improve the formula, we're finally getting a mainline DMC after 10-11 years.

All of those modern improvements listed in the original post combined with the deeper combat system of DMC means it has the potential of becoming the best character action game of all time.

• Hard lock on is standard.
  • Console is targeted for 60 frames per second like the previous DMC games.
  • Level design is more open than previous DMC games but not going into Souls or open world territory of level design. Movement outside of combat has been streamlined to match the open nature of the game. The structure is more open to make the experience more "smooth." Immersion is important to the team with this game.
  • Level design and exploration is more similar to Bayonetta with action set pieces thrown in there but without the QTEs. QTEs in general do not exist in DMCV thus far.
  • There is NO Stamina bar.
  • This is not a Musou game but there will be encounters where you are facing more enemies than you are used to in a DMC game.
  • There is some online integration but definitely no multiplayer PvP.
  • Dodge system is reworked and dodging in general is supposed to be a lot smoother than before (get ready to hear the word “smooth” a lot when related to DMCV).
  • Camera pulls back during big fights. The devs are really proud of the new, more dynamic camera system.
  • Animations are being improved to be less stiff. Big emphasis on cloth physics (maybe Dante’s sword might not clip through his jacket now!). Battles are beautifully animated and smooth.
  • Mission and Ranking system similar to previous DMC games and Bayonetta. There will definitely be mission/chapter selects.
  • Bosses being ramped up dramatically in DMCV. One of the boss fights moves between multiple areas of the game.
  • Style system is in for Dante - Enemies will react a bit differently to each style.
  • Style system has been streamlined to be smoother to use for the players (speculated that the style system might be tuned/reworked to make it easier to get into than in DMC4).
  • Certain styles will have advantages on certain enemies similar to DmC/DMC3 (you can use a single style on any enemy just fine).
  • More environment interactivity than any previous DMC game. This is supposed to compliment the combat system, not detract from it.
  • There is some form of dynamic environment destruction/transformation in play but not on the scale of DmC thus far.
  • While this is not an open world game, some inspirations have been taken from Dragon’s Dogma.

DMCV is essentially going through 2 generations of improvements over the last entry. Itsuno is here to take the throne.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@quickposter said:

@Shewgenja: Technically you are looking in hindsight. A lot bought X1 when they assumed it would just get most multiplats like 360 did. Even if you anticipated the niche Atlus, Marvelous and NIS games skipping Xbox as expected you would have been laughed in the face if you told a future Durango owner they'd miss the next SF and DMC. I do call them out when they say "exclusives don't matter" because they are the most important part of a system.

It might be obvious that Japanese companies prioritise Sony and Nintendo now but it wasn't at the time.

Hogwash.

Firstly, anyone who is a budget conscious gamer would not buy the more expensive console everyone was having a deep hearty laugh at. There was just as much of a rumor mill stating the next XBox (Durango) would be online pay-walled and all the other effery that MS did publicly get bagged on. So, there's that.

Secondly, I not only said it would get skipped, I also said that within months of launch they would un-bundle kinect as well. Everyone DID laugh at me, and then I was right so people went back to the typical "moogenja" shitposting with their tails tucked firmly between their legs knowingly.

Thirdly. Every sign was there that this would happen. Almost every single exclusive the Bone had its first year went to another platform within months, including a certain Capcom game about zombies damn near out the gate.

With all due respect, I am retconning precisely not a goddamn thing. You got the "they laughed" part right, though. Lemmings did laugh, and then I have speared them in the throat on this forum ever sense to maximum delight.

OmniChris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 OmniChris
Member since 2016 • 413 Posts

Perfectly fine with it being playstation 4 exclusive. Not because I'm fanboying out here, no because I believe having that exclusivity actually bolsters noteriety for the game. I don't believe if DMC1 started out on the GameCube or XboX it would of been anywhere near as popular as it is now. This exclusivity will only serve to remind the fanbase of what the golden years of the franchise where back on the playstation. :)

quickposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By quickposter
Member since 2010 • 1735 Posts

@biack_goku: True but Bayonetta also wasn't associated with much back then so it still had potential for growth. Sony could have taken advantage of that.

@Shewgenja I'm sorry that happened to you. But at the time very few believed Microsoft would try their luck with DRM. Also it was done while Don *marketshare* Mattrick was in charge of the division. It ultimately came down to him. Also I think Microsoft actually made a big mistake removing Kinect. They had a vision and should have stuck with it. Removing or adding features to hardware isn't always "admitting" you made a mistake (contrary to fanboy banter).

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@quickposter: Kinnect was god awful, so what exactly was their plan with it?!? Lol, you're quickly becoming this sites worst troll.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Shewgenja

@quickposter said:

@biack_goku: True but Bayonetta also wasn't associated with much back then so it still had potential for growth. Sony could have taken advantage of that.

@Shewgenja I'm sorry that happened to you. But at the time very few believed Microsoft would try their luck with DRM. Also it was done while Don *marketshare* Mattrick was in charge of the division. It ultimately came down to him. Also I think Microsoft actually made a big mistake removing Kinect. They had a vision and should have stuck with it. Removing or adding features to hardware isn't always "admitting" you made a mistake (contrary to fanboy banter).

Oh, it's been a lot of fun, actually. Microsoft taking everything they did right against the PS3 and setting it on fire was highly amusing. Seeing people pretend all the problems started in 2013 was even more amusing. Being here while people try to pretend like having no exclusives and missing the boat on high profile gaming franchises is okay because they are made in Japan is just a cherry on top of a self-inflicted wound sundae treat.

I think once the XBox fanbase finally goes through a flush of the die-hard fanboys who prescribe every single last self-destructive mantra they beg people to sing along with, things will get a whole lot better. Until then, the beer is cold and the lols are loud.

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

@Shewgenja: actually I wouldn't be surprised if the game had a complete campaign. No, how Capcom will mess up DMC5 is it will have microtransactions, loot boxes, and a forced in multiplayer like Mass Effect 3 and Mass Effect Andromeda. God know how much I loved the multiplayer in those game. Litterally sunk all of two minutes in both of them.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Shewgenja

@360ru13r said:

@Shewgenja: actually I wouldn't be surprised if the game had a complete campaign. No, how Capcom will mess up DMC5 is it will have microtransactions, loot boxes, and a forced in multiplayer like Mass Effect 3 and Mass Effect Andromeda. God know how much I loved the multiplayer in those game. Litterally sunk all of two minutes in both of them.

Now that does sound feasible. I hope not, but Capcom can run hot-cold when it comes to good games. When they are on, they are fire. When they're off... Hoo boy!

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

lolcapcom

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#60 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@Vatusus said:
Just curious. Did you buy a Switch?

If not, then nvrm the question

No, I have no need for one. I have a Wii U, so once BOTW goes down in price, I'll pick it up. And unless the new Metroid Prime is a groundbreaking game (like the first), I doubt even it will be enough to convince me to get a Switch.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Follows DMC4 and has Vergil...

Damn that apology is needed after DMC DMC.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@foxhound_fox: that's funny. I haven't seen you dtop that attitude toward switch or xbox exclusives.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#63 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@X_CAPCOM_X said:

@foxhound_fox: that's funny. I haven't seen you dtop that attitude toward switch or xbox exclusives.

That's because the Switch's exclusives aren't entirely underwhelming. The Xbox has exclusives? Oh right, Forza Halo Gears.

I'm always on Sony's case because everyone here seems to think they are the best thing gaming has seen since the Super Nintendo... when in reality it's just another console generation with a bunch of underwhelming exclusives and some multiplats that are best on PC.

vickissv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By vickissv2
Member since 2004 • 1951 Posts

So I guess Capcom will be backtracking on this: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/capcom-responds-to-ps3-fanboys

"We are certainly moved that people are so passionate about our products that they would go to such extremes," Svensson responded on the Capcom forums. "At the same time we feel that allowing more people access to our content pleases far more people than it displeases (after all, we're not denying DMC4 to anyone that was already going to get it)."

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#65 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

it's just another console generation with a bunch of underwhelming exclusives

Cool opinion

but anyway, didnt you admit you dont have a PS4? So how exactly are they "underwhelming" when you even havent played them?

Oh right, you saw some yt videos and think you know it all...

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1474 Posts

@Vatusus said:
@foxhound_fox said:

Cool opinion

but anyway, didnt you admit you dont have a PS4? So how exactly are they "underwhelming" when you even havent played them?

Nah he's right, the only exclusive that's worth getting is Bloodborne.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#67  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@moistcarrot said:
@Vatusus said:
@foxhound_fox said:

Cool opinion

Nah he's right, the only exclusive that's worth getting is Bloodborne.

Oh nice, another cool opinion...

Arent we all full of cool opinions? I kno, right?

For me it was also worth getting Uncharted 4, U: TLL, Horizon, Persona 5, The Last Guardian, Infamous SS, Resogun, The Order 1886 (yes, the Order 1886), Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0, Until Dawn, Killzone SF... and probably a few more I'm forgetting

I have an opinion too!

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Meh, never got into them. Give me Ninja Gaiden 4 or Bayonetta 3.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@Epak_ said:

Meh, never got into them. Give me Ninja Gaiden 4 or Bayonetta 3.

Yeah I'd rather have a proper sequel for NG or Bayo as well, but I sure as shit won't turn my nose up at a real DMC5 lol.

Slim pickings for the genre these days, I'll take what I can get. And if the combat is anything like DMC4, but just built into a better game? Holy shit. Could easily be one of the genres best.