Rumor: Destiny 2 inbound September 8, 2017?

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@silversix_ said:
@boycie said:
@silversix_ said:

@boycie: Not much of a lesson, i knew it'll suck months before release. Its just disappointing that they didn't even delivered half of what was promised (explore huge worlds etc etc).

Was you one of the people that spent a year complaining about it?

A year? More like year(s). Not even done yet.

Good luck on your quest.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56107 Posts

@zassimick: I didn't think Destiny was a bad game, it has it's flaws but the core gameplay was addictive to me the least and I was a supporter in MP as a Defender for the shield support and glad to hear our save file will carry over to Destiny 2. I just hope Bungie and Activision don't fucked it and having to deal with all the BS everyone got mad at.

I'm down for Destiny 2.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#53 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

I will pass. DLC was a ripoff.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

Cool. I really enjoyed Destiny but it certainly wasn't without its problems, most of which was the story aspect. Really looking forward to this game and hopefully they'll put the lessons learned from the first game to good use in this one.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

Thats good to hear, if true. I dont mind more games for PC.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

Yay, A game which I'll never pay attention to part from reading this topic.

Bungie weren't exactly good studio when making Halo (barf).

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@boycie said:
@silversix_ said:
@boycie said:
@silversix_ said:

@boycie: Not much of a lesson, i knew it'll suck months before release. Its just disappointing that they didn't even delivered half of what was promised (explore huge worlds etc etc).

Was you one of the people that spent a year complaining about it?

A year? More like year(s). Not even done yet.

Good luck on your quest.

Thank you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#58  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Nice. I'm a Destiny fan. I dont care about the negativity this game gets. I still think to this day Destiny is one of the most underrated shooters of the current gen. Yes, vanila Destiny was boring and uninspired but ever since the April update and TTK the game got a LOT better. Its one of the best evolutions I've ever seen in a game. Its gunplay and powers are also very solid. Its lore is like Dark Souls i.e. it isnt told to you straight away but its very rich if you read the grimoire cards or watch videos on youtube about its lore. Its unique loot is TRUELY unique not Diablo "unique" or Borderlands "unique" where you change the color to a gun and call it "a new gun".

I hope Destiny 2 learns from vanila Destiny mistakes and go all in this time around

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 hrt_rulz01  Online
Member since 2006 • 22376 Posts

If it's fun to play solo & has a decent story, I'm sure I'll check it out.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#60 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

no matter what people here will bitch about it.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

add more variety and perhaps a proper story/single player campaign and i'll be into it. the gunplay and mechanics of destiny really are pretty great it's just a shame they are wasted on such a repetitive, shallow game.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#62 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I remember being really excited for Destiny when it was announced, then later lost some excitement when some of the mixed reactions to the game came, about closer to release. Eventually I just completely ran out of interest after some of the stuff they pulled with DLC and whatnot.

Maybe Destiny 2 will have the opposite effect, where I have no interest to begin with but actually turns out to be very cool and with less questionable stuff attached to it and I end up getting it.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3025 Posts

Hyped! Love destiny. I'm actually playing it right now.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

When does Destiny 1 finish launching?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 silversix_

Omg and people are generally positive about the sequel. What's wrong with ya'll?

vvulturas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 vvulturas
Member since 2015 • 1249 Posts

I didn't play the original for a long time, but I enjoyed the 3-4 months I spent on it. I'll probably only pick this up if it releases on PC. I'm done with consoles for the time being.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#67 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

I would have really liked to have stayed up to date with the game with the last DLC, but they never put it on sale, sure they had tons and tons of discounts for the entire series to date, but nothing for that last stand-alone DLC. That's such shit. By itself it stayed $30 even though you could get everything to date for the same price, I'm not paying that for already having every other piece of it already. There goes my interest. Knowing them they'll probably wait until Destiny 2 for a discount, and if they're going to be cheap-ass like that then I say eff them, eat shit, I'm ignoring their shit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@silversix_ said:

Omg and people are generally positive about the sequel. What's wrong with ya'll?

Maybe we just dont care about what others think and just liked the 1st game? I dont think thats really hard to comprehend...

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 silversix_

@Vatusus said:
@silversix_ said:

Maybe we just dont care about what others think and just liked the 1st game? I dont think thats really hard to comprehend...

It is very hard to comprehend. Destiny is more of an experiment than a video game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@silversix_ said:
@Vatusus said:
@silversix_ said:

It is very hard to comprehend. Destiny is more of an experiment than a video game.

Before The Taken King you would be right. Now, thats just not true

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 silversix_

@Vatusus said:
@silversix_ said:
@Vatusus said:
@silversix_ said:

That's what most will say. I got back into the game when The Taken Wallet came out. It was as abysmal as it was on launch. Was a barebone fps with nothing to do before TTK. Still is three years later. TTK did not improve the game. All it did is change it a bit. A changed POS is still a POS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@silversix_ said:
@Vatusus said:
@silversix_ said:
@Vatusus said:
@silversix_ said:

That's what most will say. I got back into the game when The Taken Wallet came out. It was as abysmal as it was on launch. Was a barebone fps with nothing to do before TTK. Still is three years later. TTK did not improve the game. All it did is change it a bit. A changed POS is still a POS.

Thats a cool opinion but its obvious me and others disagree (and I already posted in a previous post why I like the game). No one with half a brain would deny its gameplay, at least, is solid. As long as that works for me, I'm good

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 silversix_

@Vatusus: Gameplay isn't solid. The only thing that's solid is the shooting with your jumping abilities and how well its implemented together. These two are very solid even with the shitty FoV and 30fps.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@silversix_ said:

@Vatusus: Gameplay isn't solid. The only thing that's solid is the shooting with your jumping abilities and how well its implemented together. These two are very solid even with the shitty FoV and 30fps.

hum, its an FPS. Gunplay is pretty much the gameplay. If its gunplay is solid then its gameplay is solid

Also the fact your gear (being it weapons or armor) can change drastically the way external factors react to you or you react to the environment (example: a specific exotic armor can let you recharge your grenades faster or jump higher, etc, etc) add to variety in gameplay approach.

You also must take into consideration there are obvious differences in powers within the three classes and within those three classes you have three different subclasses all three with their specific elemental damage. The objectives in the game arent varied but its gameplay and RPG systems are

last, if you are going to complaint about 30fps then you should complaint about pretty much any Sony game... arent you a fan of those? Yes, 60fps are better but Destiny 30fps are stable. Never thought for one bit the game felt slow...

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By silversix_

@Vatusus said:
@silversix_ said:

hum, its an FPS. Gunplay is pretty much the gameplay. If its gunplay is solid then its gameplay is solid

Also the fact your gear (being it weapons or armor) can change drastically the way external factors react to you or you react to the environment (example: a specific exotic armor can let you recharge your grenades faster or jump higher, etc, etc) add to variety in gameplay approach.

You also must take into consideration there are obvious differences in powers within the three classes and within those three classes you have three different subclasses all three with their specific elemental damage. The objectives in the game arent varied but its gameplay and RPG systems are

last, if you are going to complaint about 30fps then you should complaint about pretty much any Sony game... arent you a fan of those? Yes, 60fps are better but Destiny 30fps are stable. Never thought for one bit the game felt slow...

Not complaining about 30fps. Just saying that EVEN in 30fps the gunplay felt good, hell, great even. Gunplay isn't much of gameplay, tho. Firing a gun feels right. But the content you're doing while firing said gun is atrocious (other than raids). Logging in to fly to the tower, picking up bounties and do the daily chores is not what i'd call good gameplay. Doing the same 5 strikes when you've completed your weekly raid(s) is not what i'd call good gameplay or good endgame. This game had nothing for you to do in 2014. Same applies in 2017. But yay! They rehashed year 1 weapons in year three. Enjoy grinding the same weapons you already own/owned. This time around, they have a higher light level number besides them. Such fresh content.

Every single class is very simplistic. There's barely any choices for you to make. Everything is so damn oversimplified in that game. Its as if it was made for kids or something.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#76 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

I assume this was gonna come out at E3? I will be getting this on day one for Scorpio for sure.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@silversix_ said:
@Vatusus said:
@silversix_ said:

Not complaining about 30fps. Just saying that EVEN in 30fps the gunplay felt good, hell, great even. Gunplay isn't much of gameplay, tho. Firing a gun feels right. But the content you're doing while firing said gun is atrocious (other than raids). Logging in to fly to the tower, picking up bounties and do the daily chores is not what i'd call good gameplay. Doing the same 5 strikes when you've completed your weekly raid(s) is not what i'd call good gameplay or good endgame. This game had nothing for you to do in 2014. Same applies in 2017. But yay! They rehashed year 1 weapons in year three. Enjoy grinding the same weapons you already own/owned. This time around, they have a higher light level number besides them. Such fresh content.

Every single class is very simplistic. There's barely any choices for you to make. Everything is so damn oversimplified in that game. Its as if it was made for kids or something.

Most of what you complaint isnt exactly about gameplay though. Your complaints have more to do with lack of objective variety rather than gameplay mechanics. And I agree the game has little to no variety when it comes to objectives. But that has nothing to do with gameplay mechanics wich are solid on Destiny.

Its apeal has more to do with the loot. You grind to get loot just like you do with games such as Diablo or Borderlands. I feel that destiny does loot right contrary to the two mentioned. TTK also added quests to get specific gear. Thats the main apeal of the game for me. I can understand people not liking it but I cant understand people not understanding why others would like it. Psychologicaly it has the same effect on a person as gambling but if Destiny gameplay wasnt at least good I wouldnt have bothered with it

Beating my first Raid (King's Fall) with a group of complete strangers is still one of my fondest memories in gaming. It was unique how a group of strangers worked together to overcome such complex systems presented to the player. The Raids demands you to work as a team and I find that worthy of commendation

Thats my personal take

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 silversix_

@Vatusus: Its appeal may come from loot, yeah. But even at loot diversity it fails miserably. Take the assault rifles as an example. Have you noticed that in three years there's only three variants for the AR? You have your high fire rate/low damage AR, lower fire rate/higher damage and your low fire rate/high damage AR's. Where are the assault rifles that are in between those three variants? This applies to every single weapon category in the game. You never find anything unique as you would in Borderlands 1 or Diablo 2, two games that were also loot based.

Like really, this game doesn't excel at anything but quality raids and gunplay. And raids can only get you so far.

Jak42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Jak42
Member since 2016 • 1093 Posts

May be the first, and only day one buy for me this generation. That would have gone to MGSV, but I didn't have a PS4 at the MGSV release.

99% of all my gaming time is Destiny related. Mostly PvP Crucible. I also have 35+ friends that I play Destiny with. Who also have more additional friends that play Destiny too. So I'm part of a significant Destiny community. Just hope that we can enjoy the big changes, that will reshape the balancing of the Crucible. And I'll also like to get a Pro since I'm expecting a pro version for D2. Given Sony's exclusive agreement with Bungie.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@silversix_ said:

@Vatusus: Its appeal may come from loot, yeah. But even at loot diversity it fails miserably. Take the assault rifles as an example. Have you noticed that in three years there's only three variants for the AR? You have your high fire rate/low damage AR, lower fire rate/higher damage and your low fire rate/high damage AR's. Where are the assault rifles that are in between those three variants? This applies to every single weapon category in the game. You never find anything unique as you would in Borderlands 1 or Diablo 2, two games that were also loot based.

Like really, this game doesn't excel at anything but quality raids and gunplay. And raids can only get you so far.

Destiny exotics and some raid legendaries are unique both aestetically as functionally. Every exotic piece has a unique perk and a unique visual. I played Borderlands 1 and Diablo 3 and always felt that the only thing "unique" about their weapons was a change of colour and higher damage/defense and then they call it a "new gun"... never felt accomplished for getting a higher rated weapon. Some exotic based quests were hard but felt so good when getting a new exotic in Destiny.

But to each his own. You dont like Destiny, I do. Lets leave it at that

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#81  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Haha TC you were on point :P, if im on PS4 im either playing Destiny or going through my backlog of unplayed games (currently playing Horizon) but my weekends are exclusively only Destiny for Trials of Osiris, myself and my buddies enjoy going through team after team after team raising our ELO's and going to the lighthouse :P

Im getting this.. day 1 no question about it and i'll most likely go stand in the lineup for it too which is something i havent done in years lol.

HYPE!

Defender Titan for life!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@finalstar2007 said:

if im on PS4 im either playing Destiny or going through my backlog of unplayed games

lol

I'm exactly the same. Destiny is my crack this generation

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 DaVillain  Moderator

@Vatusus said:
@finalstar2007 said:

if im on PS4 im either playing Destiny or going through my backlog of unplayed games

lol

I'm exactly the same. Destiny is my crack this generation

And also include me as well cause I really do love Destiny, despite it's minor flows, I still enjoy the game day one and make no mistakes, I'm buying Destiny 2 day one cause I love my Titan-Defender for support role and Warlock-Voidwalker offensive. I'm going back to my addiction when Destiny 2 arrives.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#84 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

insta buy for PC.

thanks for beta testing the first one on console guys. (even though I did too)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 DaVillain  Moderator

@Liquid_ said:

insta buy for PC.

Has Destiny 2 been confirm for PC? I would buy PC version if Bungie finds away to transfer my PS4 save files to PC version and if not, I'll gladly just play Destiny 2 on PS4.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#86 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

@davillain- said:
@Liquid_ said:

insta buy for PC.

Has Destiny 2 been confirm for PC? I would buy PC version if Bungie finds away to transfer my PS4 save files to PC version and if not, I'll gladly just play Destiny 2 on PS4.

http://www.game-debate.com/news/22562/rumour-destiny-2-artwork-leaks-coming-to-pc-in-september

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

I predict that all of a sudden Hermits are going to love Destiny.