Rocket League Going Full Free To Play soon won't require PS+ or NSO Subscription's to play online.

• 66 results
Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

https://www.polygon.com/2020/9/2/21418631/rocket-league-dropping-ps-plus-nintendo-switch-online-free-to-play

I have the game on my PS+ sub for PS4 but I stopped paying for it so this is a huge win for me.

I also bought Rocket League on the Switch and I think my online might be running out soon, so another really big win for me if I don't re-sub.

Xbox One owners will still need to buy Xbox Live Gold subscription to continue to play Rocket League online so it won't really be free to play on XB1.

It could cost up to 100 dollars year if you buy the 3 month subscription plans from microsoft store to play this free to play game online.

Microsoft is no stranger to locking things behind pay walls they've previously done it with Netflix and even Youtube in their shady past.

Free to play games should be free to play its stance Nintendo and Sony and PC stand behind. These companies already make money off free to play games with MTX there is no reason to require a subscription on top of that to play the game.

This ain't right and nobody is really talking about it. Xbox guys are very quiet about this issue and don't seem to want it to change to like how Xbox's competitors are doing it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39250 Posts

Enjoyed it in 2015. Couldn't care less in 2020.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@hardwenzen said:

Enjoyed it in 2015. Couldn't care less in 2020.

It's still a pretty fun game I like it better than Mario Kart on the switch. I used to be more into though bought a ton of keys for chests and the first couple battle pass's now I'm more casual with the game.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

Never tried the game, and going free-to-play is just less enticing to me. I'm good.

We all knew this was going MS, so i'm not gonna bother with that.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20131 Posts

The game's a blast with friends.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7263 Posts

Never touched it for whatever reason.

Avatar image for deactivated-63181ff40994a
deactivated-63181ff40994a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deactivated-63181ff40994a
Member since 2017 • 575 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

Never tried the game, and going free-to-play is just less enticing to me. I'm good.

Variety is good, give more things a try..........you'd be surprised at what you might find enticing, it can get addictive.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

@fastnslowww said:

Variety is good, give more things a try..........you'd be surprised at what you might find enticing, it can get addictive.

Nah, i'm good.

Avatar image for deactivated-63181ff40994a
deactivated-63181ff40994a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-63181ff40994a
Member since 2017 • 575 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:
@fastnslowww said:

Nah, i'm good.

Hyped for the PS5? It's around the corner.....

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9822 Posts

@ProtossRushX: Let's see. You don't have psn. You won't have Nintendo online. You don't have Xbox live. You don't have psn. You don't have gamepass. You use the slowest form of WiFi available. You don't have a 4k TV.

Do you have any idea what you're missing?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

In b4 Pedro downplay this as something that affect only those that dont pay for xbox live.😂

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#12 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69856 Posts

Damn, I continue with my rent free life style.🤣😂

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@sealionact said:

@ProtossRushX: Let's see. You don't have psn. You won't have Nintendo online. You don't have Xbox live. You don't have psn. You don't have gamepass. You use the slowest form of WiFi available. You don't have a 4k TV.

I'm mainly gaming on PC right now I have 34 inch Ultrawide dell monitor thats 3440x1440p for PC and its hardwired to my modem so I don't use Wi-fi on it. My TV is 1080p and its doing fine with my base systems. I'm playing all my games free on PC I don't really need the subscription services to play online anymore. The Nintendo one was cheap but I'm tired of snes/nes games I already beat them and am done with the online now.

Gamepass is a waste of money for me I like to pick the games I want to play and they are never in gamepass really.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tormentos said:

In b4 Pedro downplay this as something that affect only those that dont pay for xbox live.😂

In before el tormented talks about something he has no experience with...ie: online gaming

Oops my timing is off

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@sealionact said:

I'm mainly gaming on PC right now I have 34 inch Ultrawide dell monitor thats 3440x1440p for PC and its hardwired to my modem so I don't use Wi-fi on it. My TV is 1080p and its doing fine with my base systems. I'm playing all my games free on PC I don't really need the subscription services to play online anymore. The Nintendo one was cheap but I'm tired of snes/nes games I already beat them and am done with the online now.

Gamepass is a waste of money for me I like to pick the games I want to play and they are never in gamepass really.

That's because you don't play games, hard to have games for someone who doesn't play games, so much for being a "PS guy" you haven't played a PS4 game since January 2019, fakeboy confirmed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@tormentos said:

This is just a giant cash grab by Microsoft. They could make these games free to play like ps4 and switch are. It's as easy as clicking a switch. If Nintendo can do it anyone can.

This is just pure greed think about how much money they make from fortnite and war zone players who don't play any pay to play games online the play the free ones. Microsoft makes a killing off those people and Nintendo and sony don't.

We need competition if one company does something the rest must follow suit. There is no room anymore for screwing over consumers. People have options now and they switch if these awful policies continue.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pedro

@ProtossRushX: Does this mean that if you pay for your games you are forced to pay for online gaming but if didn't pay for your games its free?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@Pedro said:

@ProtossRushX: Does this mean that if you pay for your games you are forced to pay for online gaming but if didn't pay for your games its free?

Not always cause a paid game could go free to play later on like rocket league and you can play it for free online on PS4 and Switch but not XB1.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@ProtossRushX: MS gives you 48 games a year, Sony only gives you 24, MS has backwards compatible games with the 360 for free, Sony makes you pay for the games you own on the PS3 through PS NOW.

Just remember you started this screwing consumer rant. Now let's see you making anti consumer threads about Sony.

Put up or shut time fakeboy.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44320 Posts

That’s pretty cool. I tried it a bit on the Xbox One and found it pretty fun. I think it was a free trial period so I didn’t purchase the game. Now that it’s free to play though I might play some more of it again.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tormentos

@Pedro:

Always.😂

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pedro

@ProtossRushX said:

Not always cause a paid game could go free to play later on like rocket league and you can play it for free online on PS4 and Switch but not XB1.

So if you pay for a game, you continue to pay for online gaming until the game goes free. That can be years or never. That is crazy bro. Why would Sony only charge the gamers that are paying for their games?

Avatar image for deactivated-5faad23a34ab6
deactivated-5faad23a34ab6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5faad23a34ab6
Member since 2020 • 40 Posts

Always wanted to play the game, but never wanted to pay for it, so I'll definitely going to give it a shot.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tormentos

@kingtito said:

In before el tormented talks about something he has no experience with...ie: online gaming

Oops my timing is off

Yeah i think you forgot that you claimed that you don't like online gaming on consoles and don't pay for live or PSN.

Hell i don't even need to have PSN+ to comment on this topic,as it is based on Rocket League been made free to play,which mean no PSN+ need it on xbox yeah you need to pay.🤣

Have a nice day Kettle or it is Pot.?

@i_p_daily said:

That's because you don't play games, hard to have games for someone who doesn't play games, so much for being a "PS guy" you haven't played a PS4 game since January 2019, fakeboy confirmed.

Another topic another post from you drawn in tears,have some guts wipe those tears and actually try to make a point instead of crying so much,now how do you feel about this ANTI CONSUMER shit by MS still standing to this day.

@i_p_daily said:

@ProtossRushX: MS gives you 48 games a year, Sony only gives you 24, MS has backwards compatible games with the 360 for free, Sony makes you pay for the games you own on the PS3 through PS NOW.

Just remember you started this screwing consumer rant. Now let's see you making anti consumer threads about Sony.

Put up or shut time fakeboy.

1-MS has BC with SOME 360 games the majority don't work and most of those are indies and old arcade games.

2-Are you paying for gamepass? Is the answer is YES then you are paying for BC as you pay for everything the service offer that include 360 and xbox games you may own.

3-If i pay for PS Now and don't play a single game that i own does it still count as sony making me pay for games i own? Which bring me to back to the point i made in #2 you pay for everything gamepass has including games you may already own from 360 and xbox.

4-PS Now has 800 freaking games,you can combine all my consoles from all generations since i started gaming and still i would not rack 800 games,PS Now is not BC is a freaking rental service,trying to act like PS now is BC is like saying Gamesfly is BC because you can also rent games there no matter if you own them or not.

People can have PS now and play all games they never owned and not touch a single one they own,how would that qualify as paying for games they own if they never play them?

Be a man an complain about MS and this shitty move.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#25 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26105 Posts

Game is great.

Dunno if I will play it when it goes F2P, but I've been playing it for years.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1881 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

I've never played this game, but free-to-play isn't bad, so long as it's not pay-to-win. As much as people dish on Fortnite, I like how they did the free-to-play aspect of things. They made the stuff you pay for purely cosmetic. So it's optional. You can still enjoy the game without cosmetics, but cosmetics is an options.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@Pedro said:
@ProtossRushX said:

So if you pay for a game, you continue to pay for online gaming until the game goes free. That can be years or never. That is crazy bro. Why would Sony only charge the gamers that are paying for their games?

People want "Free to Play" to actually be free and Microsoft's competitors have agreed to that.

So now Microsoft is the holdout, and looks bad.

Xbox really needs to drop this requirement.

I cancelled my PS+ Sub I get to play Rocket League

I cancel Nintendo Online thing I get to play Fortnite

I cancel Xbox Live i get to kick rocks.

It's as simple as that, you can do more with less on competitive platforms.

"Good Guy" Phil Spencer has some explaining to do.

Every other platform lets you play Free to Play games without an online subscription, why should Xbox be different?

It's time to adapt Microsoft dropped the Netflix/Youtube Gold requirements in 2014 due to pressure now its time for them to do the same F2P games we've seen them change stances before its time for them to do it again.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15948 Posts

Bought it on sales, started a match and the game pit us against a well organized team and we lose 6-1. I uninstalled.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

They say they're gonna combine all accounts you might have across various systems when it goes f2p, I think. If so, that'll be nice having all your cars and cosmetics together.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kingtito

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

Oops my timing is off

Yeah i think you forgot that you claimed that you don't like online gaming on consoles and don't pay for live or PSN.

Hell i don't even need to have PSN+ to comment on this topic,as it is based on Rocket League been made free to play,which mean no PSN+ need it on xbox yeah you need to pay.🤣

Have a nice day Kettle or it is Pot.?

I don't like online gaming on consoles and I don't game online BUT I've experienced it unlike you.

I haven't until now. I just signed up for Game Pass ultimate although I still won't be doing any online gaming with my console.

If I cared about Rocket League or console gaming online I'd have that exact option clown. I don't care and neither do you. You don't game online, you don't game much period. You watch youtube videos and claim it's the same thing.

I don't think you know the meaning of that phrase. Experience and not liking it aren't the same thing. You used it incorrectly but that's par for the course with you. You either don't know the meaning of words or you fail at reading comprehension.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pedro

@ProtossRushX said:

People want "Free to Play" to actually be free and Microsoft's competitors have agreed to that.

Every other platform lets you play Free to Play games without an online subscription, why should Xbox be different?

It's time to adapt Microsoft dropped the Netflix/Youtube Gold requirements in 2014 due to pressure now its time for them to do the same F2P games we've seen them change stances before its time for them to do it again.

Cool story now, why would Sony only charge the gamers that are paying for their games?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@Pedro said:
@ProtossRushX said:

Cool story now, why would Sony only charge the gamers that are paying for their games?

I dunno why thats just how it is right now. Why does Microsoft charge for free to play games why everyone else does not. I have no idea you have to ask microsoft, sony and Nintendo why they its free over there and paid there.

You get more bang for your buck with PS4 and Nintendo Switch where free to play games are free to play. You get less on Xbox thats all I know its defensible to try and justify this.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11162 Posts

Look at all this shameful anti-consumerism on Xbox's part. Won't the champions of Xbox stand up for a change and do something to help?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pedro

@ProtossRushX said:

I dunno why thats just how it is right now. Why does Microsoft charge for free to play games why everyone else does not. I have no idea you have to ask microsoft, sony and Nintendo why they its free over there and paid there.

You get more bang for your buck with PS4 and Nintendo Switch where free to play games are free to play. You get less on Xbox thats all I know its defensible to try and justify this.

So, you think its good that Sony punishes gamers who buy their games by charging for online while the people who don't buy their games get to play online for free?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@Pedro said:
@ProtossRushX said:

So, you think its good that Sony punishes gamers who buy their games by charging for online while the people who don't buy their games get to play online for free?

Yes its much better than forcing people to pay for free games like xbox. The most popular online games are all free to play.

Fortntie Warzone, Rocket League, Warframe...Microsoft is making a killing off of these players and double dipping on them for cash. Who knows how many xbl gold subscribers they'd lose if they matched sony and Nintendo on free to play being free to play online.

This is a money thing Pedro call your out disgusting company and stop paying online to play war zone and fortnite and such. Microsoft is disgusting they just don't want to lose subscribers and are all about money rather for consumers.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Pedro

@ProtossRushX said:

Yes its much better than forcing people to pay for free games like xbox. The most popular online games are all free to play.

Fortntie Warzone, Rocket League, Warframe...Microsoft is making a killing off of these players and double dipping on them for cash. Who knows how many xbl gold subscribers they'd lose if they matched sony and Nintendo on free to play being free to play online.

This is a money thing Pedro call your out disgusting company and stop paying online to play war zone and fortnite and such. Microsoft is disgusting they just don't want to lose subscribers and are all about money rather for consumers.

Gotcha, you are in favor of charging for online gaming to the people who pay for their games as a punishment for buying games.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tormentos

@kingtito said:

I don't like online gaming on consoles and I don't game online BUT I've experienced it unlike you.

I haven't until now. I just signed up for Game Pass ultimate although I still won't be doing any online gaming with my console.

If I cared about Rocket League or console gaming online I'd have that exact option clown. I don't care and neither do you. You don't game online, you don't game much period. You watch youtube videos and claim it's the same thing.

I don't think you know the meaning of that phrase. Experience and not liking it aren't the same thing. You used it incorrectly but that's par for the course with you. You either don't know the meaning of words or you fail at reading comprehension.

You don't experience shit if you don't pay as simple as that,and NOW 7 years after the machines are out you claim now you pay.🤣🤣🤣

Good bye Kettle.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By tormentos

@Pedro said:

This is one pathetic giant bullshit argument as always,here you are and instead of attacking MS for blocking free to play game which you have sugar coat before using pathetic arguments, instead you attack sony and try to make it look as if sony is punishing gamers by charging for the games they pay and giving free online play for those who don't.

How is a game free to play if you are force to pay a fee to play it online? It is misleading Rocket League is not free to play on xbox consoles,it is everywhere else.

It is post like this that show your true colors man you refuse to admit MS wrong doing.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pedro

@tormentos said:

This is one pathetic giant bullshit argument as always,here you are and instead of attacking MS for blocking free to play game which you have sugar coat before using pathetic arguments, instead you attack sony and try to make it look as if sony is punishing gamers by charging for the games they pay and giving free online play for those who don't.

How is a game free to play if you are force to pay a fee to play it online? It is misleading Rocket League is not free to play on xbox consoles,it is everywhere else.

It is post like this that show your true colors man you refuse to admit MS wrong doing.

Its always a joy when my post makes you so upset. 😂

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By tormentos

@Pedro said:

Its always a joy when my post makes you so upset. 😂

Nice deflection there as always your defense mechanism is claim people are upset or some other bullshit.

Unlike you i have been very vocal about online play,it should be free period,a testament to this day is that i rarely pay for online play on any platform,so no i don't think is fair anyone charge me for using my own damn internet connection which i also pay for.

Doesn't change the fact that everyone get to play free to play games free but xbox fans,and doesn't change the fact that you defend MS bullshit policies.

Online should be free period no buts.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Pedro

@tormentos said:

Nice deflection there as always your defense mechanism is claim people are upset or some other bullshit.

Unlike you i have been very vocal about online play,it should be free period,a testament to this is that i rare pay for online play on any platform,so no i don't think is fair anyone charge me for using my own damn internet connection which i also pay for.

Doesn't change the fact that everyone get to play free to play games free but xbox fans,and doesn't change the fact that you defend MS bullshit policies.

Online should be free period no buts.

You have deflected from the question you decided to become part of. In addition to that, I have stated many times that online gaming should be free and not partially free. Now back to the question you refuse to address

"So, you think its good that Sony punishes gamers who buy their games by charging for online while the people who don't buy their games get to play online for free?"

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#42 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34682 Posts

It's a fun game. Hate the free to play business model though.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By kingtito

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

You don't experience shit if you don't pay as simple as that,and NOW 7 years after the machines are out you claim now you pay.🤣🤣🤣

Good bye Kettle.

I didn't need to pay you clown. I was lucky enough to win 12 months free after purchasing a game. Then I used 15 day and 30 day free trials. Why don't go back to my 1000s of post and locate the one where I told about the 12 months free LIVE card I received and then tell me again how I paid for it.

I think your reading comprehension has gotten in the way again. Not sure how many people have to remind you of that particular problem before you do something about it. It would go a long way in not making you look like a total dumb ass.

And it's pot you moron. You don't call the person you're using that against kettle. It goes Pot meet kettle and in person you're accusing of being a hypocrite is pot. Damn you're dumb

JammEr21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By JammEr21
Member since 2020 • 1 Posts

Hey, guys. It's a great game, I started playing it in 2017 and I enjoy playing it even now and I can say that if you're a beginner, you need some items for your car in order to win as often as possible. When I started playing, it was hard for me to play, so I used Google in order to find a solution to this problem. I read a lot of information on forums and I found out there about a trading site, where you can buy rocket league items. I've been using it for a long time and I can say that you can use it if you don't want to spend a lot of time trying to get these items, you can start using this thing, I've never had any problems with it at all, everything was working properly there.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

Does the add mean Summer 2021? I mean.. summer is over this year and the game isn't ftp yet.

I heard it was going ftp in a couple months though.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7321 Posts

I actually haven't played Rocket League, but I do like Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars quite a bit. Will check this out when it's free.

Much as I think the first game had a better name, I totally understand why they paired it down for the sequel :)

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

@sealionact: you know he’s full of shit, when he won’t even put out his gamer tag for Xbox.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2082 Posts

I thought it was already free to play? Well it was when I got it on release date.