Rocket League Going Full Free To Play soon won't require PS+ or NSO Subscription's to play online.

• 66 results
sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9822 Posts

@ProtossRushX: It would be kinda poor if ms were the only company putting things behind paywalls, but then you have Sony putting cloud saves behind a paywall while disabling any other way of saving them externally, and even UI features behind a paywall.

So looking at it that way, Sony have more features behind a paywall than Xbox.

Guess you think that’s ok though? 😂

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#52  Edited By Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@sealionact said:

@ProtossRushX: It would be kinda poor if ms were the only company putting things behind paywalls, but then you have Sony putting cloud saves behind a paywall while disabling any other way of saving them externally, and even UI features behind a paywall.

It just makes me glad I use a PC and don't have to deal with all that nickel and diming users to make back the costs of selling hardware at a loss. Just wait till they start locking features behind microtransactions.

philamona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53 philamona
Member since 2020 • 50 Posts

Why is a four-month old thread bumped?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 sealionact

@eoten: True, but you have to deal with splintered app stores, millions of cheaters, dodgy HDR and inflated gpu prices thanks to miners.....although I’m sure you’ll insist none of those apply to your experience.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

I am damn good at this game, lots of hours across all platforms. More noobs to flex on is always fun.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Eoten

I don't care much anymore. There was a time I was into this game, but it was right around the time they announced Epic was buying it and it'd no longer be on Steam. That put the game into a sort of limbo where people didn't want to buy it on Steam because support would end and many of the long time user base would start to disappear over time with no new members to replace them. And with it taking so long to actually appear on the Epic store, I think a lot of it's players simply moved on.

Now that it's free to play, I wouldn't be surprised if cheating becomes as rampant as it is in every other free to play title, be it CS:GO, Apex, Fortnite, whatever.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#57  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

This thread is a 4 month old necro. Yes, RL has been FTP for some time now.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Eoten

@sealionact said:

@eoten: True, but you have to deal with splintered app stores, millions of cheaters, dodgy HDR and inflated gpu prices thanks to miners.....although I’m sure you’ll insist none of those apply to your experience.

Well, that depends. If you want the best performance possible, you pay a lot for GPUs, there certainly is a point of diminishing returns in cost vs performance. More reasonably priced GPUs, like the 1660 TI for example will still give you better than console performance, and when you compare the nickel and diming of consoles you can build a gaming PC around something like that for the same price or less.

Cheating though is the real downside to it. It has plagued, and even destroyed a lot of games. It's the reason why I haven't touched GTA online in years, have no plans to, and decided to pass up on RDR2 as well.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8307 Posts

@Litchie said:

It's a fun game. Hate the free to play business model though.

same, i still play but the new model sucks for unlocking stuff... basically got to pay micro transactions or battlepass to get anything cool... annoying asf.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 sealionact

@eoten: Isn’t a 1660 ti still around $300? Not trying to be pedantic, but you won’t get the same performance, features and components for 399 with a 1660ti as the gpu. Even then, the convenience and ease of use is what attracts people to consoles.

When I still used a pc for gaming, it was because consoles simply couldn’t handle or control absolute classics like battlefield 2, rts games, sim games, god games etc., and half the attraction was figuring out how to tweak and overclock....and when new games came out that my pc couldn’t handle, it was fun to rebuild it with better components.

Just haven’t got the time for it anymore.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#61  Edited By sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

If it's free to download and free to play online without a subscription, I'll give it a try. I never got around to playing it.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@sealionact said:

Cloud saves were always a PSN+ feature it was also behind a pay wall until late last year on xbox.

https://screenrant.com/xbox-cloud-saves-free-xbox-live-not-required/

Is just a few months old so don't act like MS has always been this good.

I sure hope Sony removes the wall, but then again i can fully use my game without cloud saves, can you play rocket league online without Gold on xbox?

What you are complaining about doesn't affect gameplay on PS, on xbox you can't even play the game period.

Not even remotely close to be the same.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 sealionact

@tormentos: Yup, you thought it was ok...😂

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@sealionact said:

@tormentos: Yup, you thought it was ok...😂

Is not that i thought it was OK, you see online gaming was FREE until MS started to charge for it, cloud saves were NEVER free on consoles, it was something added in PS case it was added on PSN+ when sony wanted create a rental service but not charge for online play. That is how cloud save started on PS3, on xbox it was always a gold feature.

Is not the same.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 sealionact

@tormentos: Why are you trying to defend Sony by telling us how things used to be? How is it better that they have taken away features that used to be free?

Live in the here and now....Sony charges you for cloud saves, Xbox doesn’t. Sony has disabled the storage bay, Xbox hasn’t. Sony charges you to use all the features on the UI, Xbox doesn’t.

That’s now. Stop waffling on about x360.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@sleepnsurf said:

I am damn good at this game, lots of hours across all platforms. More noobs to flex on is always fun.

You're probably a ball chaser who thinks he's better than he is.

Just kidding bro.