Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

@Shewgenja: Xbox One isn't in 3rd place in sales lmao. Man you're not very bright are you.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@primorandomguy said:

@Shewgenja: Xbox One isn't in 3rd place in sales lmao. Man you're not very bright are you.

And how long do you honestly expect this to last? It's sure been a while since you guys hatched up a "It's selling faster than the 360 so everything is okay" argument. I look forward to this.

For 2017, you guys are last. In America, no less.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#53 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

While were at it:

RIP - Cant tell the difference between 30FPS and 60 FPS

RIP - Resolution doesn't matter

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Primorandomguy

@Shewgenja: Yeah well Wii U came in last already. Wake me up when Switch passes the X1 in sales.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Of cause exclusive matters. I bought a WII-U for Bayonetta 2. If that game wasn't an exclusive Nintendo wouldn't have earn a single penny from me. The only time exclusives doesn't matter is when you a Xbox fanboy!

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@Shewgenja: Wii U did not sell well because of mixed marketing messages, the tablet controller and the lack of more mature focused games on the system. Most people were over the Nintendo brand by 2010 and had branded them in their mind as casual and gimmicky because of the Wii, its games and accessories. The initial Wii U ads showed off the tablet and nothing more, most people though the tablet was an add on for the original Wii.

PS4 sold well due to great advertising and branding and Xbox having a horrible marketing and PR campaign in 2013. PS4 had the initial start up and after that the most powerful form of marketing took over: word-of-mouth. Most people are buying the system their friends and family have because they trust the opinion of them and also want to play online with them. Basically, PS4 had a good bias and XBox One had a bad bias and the rest was history- a domino effect. While PS4 is definitely deserving of being the winner due to price, features, exclusive games etc, anyone denying all of this is living in a fantasy world.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

I guess it would matter a whole lot more if the top 10 sold games every month went fully exclusive. The call of dutys, Madden, Fifa, Battlefield, GTA, if one or more of those went exclusive then yes, they would matter. As it is the industry could easily and happily live on without a single exclusive, take away third party and by by console gaming.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#58 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

@Shewgenja said:
@the_master_race said:

the only people who care about exclusives are you and other PC gamers here who need an excuse to keep their consoles , and believe me OP , you're the minority

Minority compared to what? I don't own 2017's third place console, even by American standards.

to the number of total consumers + casual gamers

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Shewgenja

@pelvist said:

While were at it:

RIP 4K is next-gen.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
@pelvist said:

While were at it:

This.

NeonicTrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By NeonicTrash
Member since 2010 • 549 Posts

Another joke thread by one of the card carrying members of the Sony loving/PC bias squad (to join this club you can only own PS4 console and must have minimum of 1080Ti's in SLI, of course the standard PC set up for most....not).

Gamecube had exclusives, it didn't do that well. Same for N64, crushed by PS1. Saturn had exclusives, crushed. Sega CD had exclusives, failure. Original Xbox had exclusives, but it was MS's first console, PS2 dominated that gen in sales. 360 and PS3 had exclusives, eclipsed in sales by the motion control gimmicked Wii with it's massive library of predominantly shovelware, hardly a triumph of the exclusives argument.

No amount of exclusives could move Wii U's. And your trumpeting Switch having higher sales than a 4 year old console in the X1. It's a new console from 1 of the major 3...of course it's going to have higher sales near its launch. It's had some higher sales than PS4, so does that mean Switch is actually beating PS4 this gen...of course not...not unless you measure a gen in terms of a month or so, or in the case of this garbage thread, that only sales for this year count.

Switch has a long way to go to catch lifetime X1 sales.

Did you ever once think a lot of people are not buying the X1S because they're waiting for the X1X? Even if X1X jumps to the #1 selling console spot at the end of this year, I'm not going to make a thread saying they've surpassed PS4 and it's proof Xbox's exclusives are good enough....as they will still be behind in overall sales. Exclusives are a factor, but judging by PS4 exclusives low sales figures, they are definitely not the factor.

You lack logic, as do all your posts.

Ryu_Silveira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Ryu_Silveira
Member since 2017 • 167 Posts

@cohmiracleman said:

That's a mighty fine argument you have there based off of sales results and your own opinion. If we're talking about those of us that use these boards then sure. Exclusives are why we buy consoles. We are the minority though. Vocal, but still a small portion of the large amount of people that buy gaming consoles.

I remember seeing a study around 2015 about why people buy certain gaming consoles. For the PS4, exclusives weren't the first reason. Not even the second reason. It was better resolution first and then Blu ray player second. Then exclusive games/content. For the Wii U the top 4 we're fun factor, better for kids, price/value and backwards compatibility. The fifth reason was exclusive content/games.

People generally don't know what we know about games and gaming consoles. Microsoft shot themselves in the foot out of the gate and Sony capitalized. Then everyone else followed suit.

Exclusives are why I bought a PS4, and I'm sure it is for many fun us here. Just not the majority it seems.

Pretty much what this guy said...

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#64  Edited By Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

You say exclusives matter but multiplats outsell exclusives by a very large margin,

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-was-2014-s-top-selling-ps4-game-on-psn/1100-6424704/ Most Sold game in 2014 was Destiny, Last of Us Remaster which was the next and only PS exclusive title in the list was in 5th place

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/263215/top-10-best-selling-playstation-4-games-in-2015/ Most sold game in 2015 was Black Ops 3, with the next exclusive title being Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection coming at 6th place

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/267288/top-10-best-selling-playstation-4-games-in-2016/ Most sold game in 2016 was Fifa (Although to be fair Uncharted 4 came in second place...for that year...)

Lets not forget that some games make the chart multiple times like GTA and Call of Duty, while exclusives make the list only once a year (and most like coming from a large spike in a time frame of a month or two while for the rest of the year or in the future they will never show up again). I don't know what the totals are but I can assure you they easily exceed any PS exclusive.

So If exclusives are what sells systems then why are the numbers so low compared to multiplats? let alone total PS4 units sold?

Also lets not pretend exclusives mean anything, a game being exclusive doesn't make it good. Most PS4 exclusives are honestly not that impressive. I mean do you really think The Last Guardian sold units? Or the Order? or freakin Knack? don't be stupid if anything games like GTA5 and Fifa are more likely to be reasons why people got a PS4 over most exclusives. But a more likely reason is simply due to marketing, PS4 is just simply a heck lot more popular than Xbox 1. If exclusives really mattered then Nintendo would have been at the top of the sales chart a long time ago. So just because Xbox 1 doesn't have as many exclusives doesn't mean its gonna fail.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

It was always a stupid argument. The only reason lems started saying that exclusives don't matter was out of desperation because of the XB1's horrible exclusive situation this gen. Exclusives absolutely matter. People know that Sony puts out classic games every gen, whether 1st or 3rd party, doesn't matter. Sony has a reputation. To everyone in here saying "well why did the PS4 sell so much out of the gate when it had so few exclusives?": the reason is that many people know great games are coming based on Sony's record, so they choose Sony. Simple as that.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Primorandomguy

Remember when PS4 had no exclusives and power was all that matters? Remember with DF: comparisons between X1 and PS4 STAYED between PS4 and X1? There was no PC in the mix. Remember when you were blind to not see the difference in 900p and 1080p? But now it's hard to see the difference between 1080p and 4K. Good times

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#67 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

@Shewgenja said:
@PinchySkree said:

Less than 5% of the PS4 install base buy the exclusive games.

If you were happy with your purchase you wouldn't be spending so much time on here trying to convince yourself it's not shit.

I do not understand how you draw that conclusion.

Game sales versus systems sold.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#68  Edited By PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

@koko-goal said:

The problem is, most of PS4 exclusives are mediocre at best

@PinchySkree said:

Less than 5% of the PS4 install base buy the exclusive games.

If you were happy with your purchase you wouldn't be spending so much time on here trying to convince yourself it's not shit.

This^

Also you could max anything worthwhile on those systems in a month.

Try doing that with the PC, PS1 or PS2.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#69 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9729 Posts
@Shewgenja said:
@the_master_race said:

the only people who care about exclusives are you and other PC gamers here who need an excuse to keep their consoles , and believe me OP , you're the minority

Minority compared to what? I don't own 2017's third place console, even by American standards.

Xbox fans are the minority this year.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#70  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:

I find that the importance placed on exclusives is kind of not seeing the forest for the trees, that in focusing so intently on exclusives, the bigger picture and the more integral element to a console's success is missed.

Looking back at the race between Xbox 360 and PS3, X360 began earlier and had more exclusives in its first 3 years, but Sony kept closing the gap. Overall PS3 had more exclusives, yet 360 managed to keep a lead (however narrow it became), as the two platforms battled it out in a neck and neck race during the whole second half of that generation. And as it's been pointed out, PS4 just fired right out of the gate with a very slim lineup of exclusives, where even now MS and Nintendo (even with it's strong exclusives lineup) are having a hard time catching up.

Nintendo has a pretty spotty track record, at least after the Super Nintendo when it once held dominance in the industry. But beginning with Nintendo 64 we saw the company, even with it's reliable stable of first party exclusives, fall behind the competition where they hit an all time low in the Gamecube. There was that rise with the Wii, but that seems to have more to do with the new demographic it brought in with it's new style of interface, a trend that didn't carry over to Wii-U as by then the novelty of motion controls has worn off. And once again from there, despite the regular exclusives lineup, Wii-U was a sinking ship. Nintendo just hasn't been the same since SNES, when the name was synonymous with video games.

So in all the platforms and what turned out to be their most sought after consoles, Super Nintendo, PS2, PS4, X360, is it exclusives that made them the system to have? If you think that's the definitive answer, you're missing what they all had in common... missing the forest for the trees. Because while exclusives are to some extent a selling point, what really brings the consumers in by the masses - is the third party support. Sure that can cover exclusives but for the most part, 3rd party studios and their stable of popular properties are what gamers want to have. It really comes down to a well rounded library that has gamers choosing one system over the others, and from that principle I would argue that 3rd party has far more priority over exclusives.

When Nintendo had a strong offering of both exclusives and 3rd party (SNES) is when they were at the height of their glory. But later on as 3rd party support became more and more scarce, it's no coincidence we saw Nintendo lose it's market leadership. PS2 was also the monster that it is, as being the system to have for such a robust 3rd party selection in its library in addition to its exclusives. And Xbox 360, a platform that had a smaller exclusive selection showed that a platform can still take a strong market position from a robust 3rd party support, having all those sought after titles like GTA, COD, RainbowSix, Battlefield, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Dark Souls, Mortal Kombat, Farcry's, Crysis, Street Fighter, RDR, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Batman Arkham... the list goes on.

Of course there are other factors like price (look at what $600 did to PS3), specs, features and options (online infrastructure was great for Xbox, Kinect not so much), but when it comes to library, never underestimate the value and importance of 3rd party support, and how much weight it has to exclusives.

so the name nintendo "used" to be synonymous with video games?.... and not anymore? lol

you think if you poll a bunch of strangers in the street more people would recognize the name playstation over nintendo? i don't think so.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

so the name nintendo "used" to be synonymous with video games?.... and not anymore? lol

you think if you poll a bunch of strangers in the street more people would recognize the name playstation over nintendo? i don't think so.

That would greatly depend on how old the respondent is. ?

But more the point, I was sure my meaning was clear, as in a time when Nintendo was the singular name associated with video games. Or maybe it's more like being the strongest influence in the industry. Today it shares the spotlight and depending on who you ask, would be seen to have a smaller stage than the competition.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

It has to be embarrassing for MS to be outsold in the US by 2 Japanese consoles. They even have the cheapest option on the market with a Xbone Minecraft bundle for $250 and that also includes a 4k bluray player. People just don't want an Xbox these days.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#73  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@Shewgenja said:
@primorandomguy said:

And how long do you honestly expect this to last? It's sure been a while since you guys hatched up a "It's selling faster than the 360 so everything is okay" argument. I look forward to this.

You should know better than to pander to the weakest argument in SystemWars. How tiresome arguing over a piece of plastic's sales.

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

Xbox fanboys are anti-exclusives, and power matters again after a 4 year hiatus.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Shewgenja

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@Shewgenja said:
@primorandomguy said:

You should know better than to pander to the weakest argument in SystemWars. How tiresome arguing over a piece of plastic's sales.

Kind of like this, actually. Sorry, but this entire concept that a console should have it completely easy street with no investment or innovation coming from the platform holder is preposterous. If the Scropio takes off like a North Korean ICBM, people can feel free to make a counter-argument at said time. For now, the one console seemingly hoisted up by cables and prayers is getting it's butt kicked inside out in the one and only country where it is even considered relevant. Sorry. Not sorry.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

@me2002 said:
@SecretPolice said:

Right, Wii U and it's exclusives is what made it sell like hotcakes and such a massive success. lol

Let's not forget the Bore didn't have much in exclusives for the first two years yet somehow it outsold X1 and Wii U big time.

In other words mah friend, no Fake news allowed here in the bastion of honest debating... System Wars. tehe. :P

PS4 sold so much without exclusives is because PS consoles are synonymous with exclusives, people know the exclusives will come, proven by PS1, PS2 and PS3, and they were right...

Unholy Cowzerz that's about you2002 lb. load of manure you got there. Mooooozerz. lol :P

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@Shewgenja said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Kind of like this, actually. Sorry, but this entire concept that a console should have it completely easy street with no investment or innovation coming from the platform holder is preposterous. If the Scropio takes off like a North Korean ICBM, people can feel free to make a counter-argument at said time. For now, the one console seemingly hoisted up by cables and prayers is getting it's butt kicked inside out in the one and only country where it is even considered relevant. Sorry. Not sorry.

Discussing a lack of innovation or medium entertainment are viable paths. Indulging yourself to sales as to justify one's own purchase of their favorite inanimate object is beyond asinine.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Exclusives certainly matter, but I don't think they're the only thing.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Shewgenja

@Stevo_the_gamer: Oh, well, you probably missed the plethora of times I vowed to buy a Scorpio if MS dropped some exclusives with it. You also missed the past two years of me posting about about being a fairly happy WiiU owner, mildly happy Vita owner, PSVR owner, and GearVR owner as well.

But please, do continue to dissmiss my arguments however you deem most convenient. I'm absolutely sure it will change the fate of a free-falling console by a super mega corp that can't be arsed to give its customers a unique game to accompany a 500 dollar plastic box. Do enjoy.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

Anyone but a window licker should have known exclusive games that are worth a shit sell consoles.

Xbox definitely needs a shot of games in the arm. I hate having no competition for Sony. They always end up becoming arrogant and start making shit decisions.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

@pdogg93 said:

@Shewgenja: the problem is that MS doesnt have the dev talent to make a blockbuster game. At this point they know it too, and hence why they rely on third party. Forza is amazing, but it's not worth having a steaming pile of dung in your house to be able to play a racing game.

Nah, I think Forza is good enough to warrant a purchase. A purchase of gaming rig, I mean.

TuMekeNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 TuMekeNZ
Member since 2016 • 149 Posts

I agree that exclusives are a factor but I think Xbox's biggest issue right now is image/market perception. They could have a heap of new exclusives and I think they would be in a similar situation when compared to the other 2.

Sony and Nintendo are long established, mainstream brands that even non gamers recognise. Nostalgia is a huge selling point. Just look at NES/SNES classics and Crash.

As a Xbox gamer I'm happy as long as Xbox is still around and bringing games I enjoy.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

Those cross platform games have been the bread and butter of my xbox time, simply because they released sooner on the xbox or they didn't release on the playstation at all. I'm talking about games like elite dangerous, world of tanks and magic duels. If you're fine with the pc it's another matter but I rather have the console as a main system.

It's true that 2017 isn't a good year for xbox though, they lost the fifa legends exclusivity as well (which was actually the main reason I play on thexbox) but that's only in end september and guess what then the xboxone x is just around the corner.

I might get a playstation pro though, if the price is right. I would like a more powerfull console but 500$ is too expensive for a console with no exclusives and then I'm not talking about the whole windows play anywhere thing, but the fact I can play all those games on the xbox one. Not to mention I would like to play horizon some day, maybe nioh too. Absolver is releasing soon too and it's on the pc and playstation, but not on the xbox till sometime next year.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#86 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@Shewgenja: In 3rd place? There aren't even 3 competitors... You probably mean switch which is a handheld. And even then it's a brand new console, it's already a joke that it isn't out selling PS.

Ridiculous to expect MSFT to sell more Xbox consoles than Nintendo Switch handhelds in the year it was released when the xbox is already out for 4 years... New low for you Shewgenja

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

So, now that we have numbers corroborating that XBox is a third place console even in its own back yard, I think we can lay the notion to rest, yes? If facing the full frontal barrage wasn't the death blow to one of System Wars weakest arguments in the history of ever, we now see a console twitching on the floor with a glowing Master Sword in its back.

One more time for the audience in the back. . . No one buys consoles for the space-filler, boredom-killer cross platform stuff. Those games exist purely to fill the gaps between exclusive games that people buy the console for in the first place. You will not run out and buy console B or console C to play games you already get on console A. This isn't just a Cow thing any more. Sheep have hit the ground running and moved past the "Booming voice says exclusive, but other platforms libraries say otherwise" console here.

It's over. It's been over. It should have never been a thing to begin with. *Drops the mic*

Yeah i'd drop the mic too if I just pulled it out of my arse.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Shewgenja

@FastRobby: Hey, there's new XBox hardeare dropping this year as well. Writing off Switch as a handheld, knowing damn well people are buying it as a home console, is just silly.

Let's revisit this conversation in January. We'll see how "low" I really went here.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@Shewgenja said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: Oh, well, you probably missed the plethora of times I vowed to buy a Scorpio if MS dropped some exclusives with it. You also missed the past two years of me posting about about being a fairly happy WiiU owner, mildly happy Vita owner, PSVR owner, and GearVR owner as well.

But please, do continue to dissmiss my arguments however you deem most convenient. I'm absolutely sure it will change the fate of a free-falling console by a super mega corp that can't be arsed to give its customers a unique game to accompany a 500 dollar plastic box. Do enjoy.

I don't think anyone particularly cares what you're content with playing, as goes the same with respect to what others play.

Okay.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

Of course exclusives matter, only butthurt lemmings think otherwise. And their "reasoning" for thinking that has to be one of the most ridiculous I've ever read. They say that exclusives don't matter because multiplats sell more? For real? I think they missed Logic 101 lessons or something. So any game not on the top 10 best selling lists doesn't matter? Why do companies bother making games that are not top sellers anyways then? Extremely dumb logic even by lemming standards. Sony's strength in exclusives comes essentially from their variety and the fact that they appeal to so many different types of gamers. All those groups of different people are buying the PS4 instead of the X1 and, newsflash, they also buy multiplats.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Sad day for lems indeed,

THIS ^.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#92 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@FastRobby: Literally the only reason Switch isn't consistently outselling everything is because of how constrained the supply is. Just wanted to clear that up.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

X1X needs TIME EXCLUSIVES to gain some momentum. Telling this for quite some time now. Lacking of exclusives while going against an already established system like pro when it costs considerably higher just to play some multis better wont work.

Most we knew this gonna be the deal. Even overpriced Switch at 340euros makes more sense than X1X at 500euros as we speak....

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 GameboyTroy

MS already lost 9 months of this year. If MS makes more games that are good then they should end up doing better and they'll have stuff to market. The XB1 would be almost nothing without 3rd party support so far this year, but good thing they have that support.

This problem is fixable for MS going forward with making more good games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#95 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:

MS already lost 9 months of this year.

This year is 7 months old

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 GameboyTroy

@charizard1605 said:
@GameboyTroy said:

MS already lost 9 months of this year.

This year is 7 months old

Them losing August and September are too predictable.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Exclusives don't matter. Game library matters. PS4 has the biggest and best game library and runs multiplats the best.

WiiU had the best exclusives by far and nobody cared.

Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Blazed
Member since 2005 • 2947 Posts

@Dark_sageX:

The Ps4 outsold Switch and X1 COMBINED and it's not because graphics or power. The constant hype around exclusives are pushing sales for Sony and also boosting multiplat sales with games like Tekken 7. The X1 currently has nothing to push sales besides FH3 meanwhile Sony has 2 or 3 games in the top 10 nearly every month.

You can see plain as day GAMES are driving sales this year. The Ps4 is sailing now more than ever. It beat MS nearly 4-1 in North America alone...

@PinkAnimal: It's funny how lemmings were hyping exclusives at the beginning of this generation now their clinging to multiplats and indies. They were constantly bashing Sony and quoting "sparse" from Yoshida... Now that MS is getting destroyed "exclusives don't matter"LMAO. Let's recap 2014/2015 lems.

1. "Greatness Awaits"

2. "Indiestation 4! "

3. "Too many remasters." (Meanwhile they constantly hype BC)

4. "It's all about quality not quantity."

5. "Sony line up is "sparse". "/"Ps4 has no games"

6. "Sony resting on their laurels."

7. "Multiplats don't count"/"Indies don't count."/"japanese games don't"

1. "Exclusives don't matter. "

2. "It's all about power. "

3. "Sony is anti consumer because they don't share exclusives."

Lmao at the complete 180 by lems. It's almost sad really.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

Of course exclusives matter. In other news the sky is blue and water is wet. It is not the sole determining factor however. If that were the case Nintendo would not have rushed the Switch to market.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#100 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@FastRobby: Hey, there's new XBox hardeare dropping this year as well. Writing off Switch as a handheld, knowing damn well people are buying it as a home console, is just silly.

Let's revisit this conversation in January. We'll see how "low" I really went here.

Well it is mostly a handheld when you purely look at the specs, and can you share numbers with us from usage? How much it's being used on the go, and how much on the couch?

Also saying that Switch is outselling Xbox when it's just released, and it's all because of the exclusives, is just silly