Respawn accidentally finds the bottom of the food chain. Hilarity ensues.

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22676 Posts

http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/3/13154348/titanfall-2-accidentally-stokes-console-wars-in-just-two-tweets?yptr=yahoo

Titanfall 2 is on its way to store shelves and in a tweet of excitement, an image celebrating its completeness is unveiled... A beautiful shiny ps4 disk.

Faaaanboy RAAAAAAAAGE!

what ensues is the worst of our ilk claiming foul and bias over a lack of xbox love in the picture. After a string of first world complaints, the Respawn developer tweets a picture of the first Xbox copy off the line, known as a green disk. Ultimately a boring blank disk with no image on it.

Faaaanboy RAAAAAAAAGE!

"How could they do that to us xbox fans," they say!

Tell me system wars, is this the most childish non issue thing you could ever argue about in video games or is there something else? I mean, we're not talking about the game or the batteries in a controller (also a lame topic) we're talking about gd disk art....

Sub question, is the human race worth saving?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46283 Posts

Well people have been known to hold strong loyalties to a platform for no reason.

Personally I'm not too happy with them not doing a PC beta, and ultimately I think this shows a lack of respect for their PC players.

So yeah I get the sentiment, but on the other hand people get PISSED on the internet for every single reason these days, so meh. I don't care what people get pissed about anymore, it's basically everything.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

Who is still buying disks :s

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

I don't engage in social media for this very reason. Everyone is offended or upset about EVERYTHING. I have a friend that sends me the best (aka worst) Facebook posts regarding politics and the upcoming election. There are many folks out there that should not be allowed to reproduce. It looks like some of these Titanfall 2 fans should be added to the list.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

Meh, I think they have a bias, I'm not going to let this in particular get to me. Rather, I'm rather peeved that they didn't seem to consult with Xbox/PC gamers that played the original game to gauge what really worked in the original game, instead seemed to pander to the COD crowd, the NeoGAF community of Sony fanboys, and took feedback from the did-not-play-it haters bitching about the AI bots. Plus, they suck for not partaking in EA Access features like 10% discount or being able to play it early, have a time trial demo, that stuff.

Anyhow, nothing to get too worked up about that I'll refuse to get it. I'm looking forward to playing it. Hoping it turns out good. If it turns out to be shit though, they're on their own.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Fanboys are idiots? What's new here? Just the typical overreaction of fanboys

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

TRCHBO ( The Respawn Cows Have Been Owned ) lol :P

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

TRCHBO ( The Respawn Cows Have Been Owned ) lol :P

LOL

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

This won't stop anyone from buying the game that already decided to buy it. It's a non-issue(unless you have severe problems and shouldn't be playing online social video games in the first place).

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Despicable move by respawn

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

Lol. The very definition of first world problems... Wow.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Who cares. They shows a disc from one platform but it's the same damn game on all platforms!

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts

This proves that lems are the most immature and worst fanboys ever. They can't even understand the hint from Titanfall devs which roughly translates to: "the PS4 is the best machine to play our game on, the xbone is irrelevant and you should be ashamed of even considering playing our game there and shouldn't even be calling yourself a gamer. Finally our franchise can shine its full potential on a real gaming system. Here you can see an irrelevant and useless xbone disc, we hate it. TLHBO". It's crystal clear.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

@FastRobby: Yes most of us over the age of 16 still do. I prefer to have something in my hands for the money I spend.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator  Online

@dakur: please... Need we remind you of how many ridiculous boycotts the cows have threatened over games in the past... They wanted to boycott final Fantasy 13 despite it launching at the same time as the xbox version. I mean how pathetic can you possibly be?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

Only if @shawn30 was still here. That MS money truck aint doing no good now..lolz

koko-goal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 koko-goal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

The saddest fact about the whole thing is that those fanboys aren't young people.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

Damn children

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#19 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Obviously showing their hand; they're giving PS4 players preferential treatment.

Well I'll just continue playing Halo 5 multiplayer then. See if Respawn gets anything from my cold, dead hands.

@TheEroica said:

I'd say yes, but that's just because I'm a part of the human race and a selfish prick.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Between people boycotting games because they dont like the publisher, making an uproar because the protagonist got beaten up in a cutscene, a few people boycotting a game because it has console ports (despite lack of evidence the game suffered from it). Hard to say.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

They've sorta let cows control them, as that's where they think all the money will be coming from (and that's probably correct).

I wish they would've kept the EA Access for Xbox owners though.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

To be fair, this game is going to bomb on XB1 and PC. The only people that liked the beta were the PS4 players. the XB1 and PC players hated it

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheEroica  Moderator  Online

@darkangel115: oddly enough the ps4 fans hated the last one and the xbox pc people loved it... Hmm wonder why the switch in thinking?

Gamers... Nature's lowest common denominator.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#24 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@dakur said:

This proves that lems are the most immature and worst fanboys ever. They can't even understand the hint from Titanfall devs which roughly translates to: "the PS4 is the best machine to play our game on, the xbone is irrelevant and you should be ashamed of even considering playing our game there and shouldn't even be calling yourself a gamer. Finally our franchise can shine its full potential on a real gaming system. Here you can see an irrelevant and useless xbone disc, we hate it. TLHBO". It's crystal clear.

your posts on here prove the exact opposite

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@darkangel115: oddly enough the ps4 fans hated the last one and the xbox pc people loved it... Hmm wonder why the switch in thinking?

Gamers... Nature's lowest common denominator.

well lets take fanboyism out of it, because not everyone is a fanboy and talk about TF2.

PS4 players like it because it's something different then CoD or BF but still kinda the same

XB1/PC players hate it, because they dumbed the game down into CoD.

Remember the cows saying it's CoD with mechs? well it wasn't, but now it is. I'll give you a few examples of why the game sucks

1) Map design - Respawn changed from open maps to adding lanes into maps. Said people were dying too much from everywhere and couldn't figure out out ot be better so they wanted to make it easier

2) Lower TTK on pilots - you can mow down 3-4 pilots in 1 clip now halfway across the map, this also limits the use of upclose weapons. Wasn't like that before. Before TF had a higher TTK then BF or Cod but lower then halo. Now it's about even with CoD and BF

3) Lower mobility, this comes into play a lot with map design, but voerall pilots and titans are just slower and less mobile

4) Rodeo gameplay loop removed, replaced with canned animation - before a pilot taking a titan on 1v1 was an awesome cat and mouse gameplay loop. The better player won. Now you get rodeo'd and it doesn't matter. the pilot isn't a threat, they take your battery and hop off. Before you had to use an ability to get out to shoot them off. Now it's no issue

5) Rodeoing's took skill, timing, and parkour skills now you can just grapple hook

6) Lack of AI, doesn't feel like a full and fun battlefield anymore, it feels empty and boring

7) Camping was a terrible strategy in 1, now it's very viable

All in all Respawn flat out came out and said TF1 was too hectic, it was a bunch of ideas thrown together, they wanted to slow the game down, calm it down, and make it more friendly for new players. and in doing so, they took out everything that was good in TF1

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#27 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@darkangel115: +1 hit the nail on the head.

I'm waiting for the massive flip flop from cows where Titanfall 2 suddenly become the best shooter ever.

(Titanfall 1 has much better gameplay than 2)

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

and people actually think that System Wars is the shit end of the stick when it comes to fanboys.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 oflow

@GarGx1: it kinda is. Half these douchebags here do stuff like this in other places as well I'm willing to bet.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@oflow said:

@GarGx1: it kinda is. Half these douchebags here do stuff like this in other places as well I'm willing to bet.

There probably are but at least on here there are a lot more people to slap the more ravenous fanboys down and laugh at them for their idiocy. View points are too diverse in this melting pot where as on sites like Neogaf and some sub reddits group mentality is left to run rampant and unchecked.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Well they probably should had played it safe and showed more love to the community that made Titanfall 2 possible. Imagine if Half Life 3 eventually came out and a Playstation 9 version was shown before the pc version.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

The definition of first world bullshit.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

@darkspineslayer said:

The definition of first world bullshit.

Lol, yep.

T-razor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34 T-razor1
Member since 2002 • 1164 Posts

Xbox fans are the worst...

.....we DEFINITELY can learn a lot from the mature playstation fanbase.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

@FastRobby said:

^ basically this.

@TheEroica said:

Not the fanboys.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@FastRobby said:

i buy all my games on disk now.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37  Edited By DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Gamers throwing a hissyfit over the most inconsequential, trivial things? Who would have guessed?

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

People still use discs? :P

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@oflow said:

I'm waiting for the massive flip flop from cows where Titanfall 2 suddenly become the best shooter ever.

Boy how things change if this shitty shooter was still exclusive to xbox one you will be all salivating over this COD wannabe with mechs,which is what still is.

Hell you people has hyped every freaking crap thrown on xbox one,from Sunset Over drive to Titanfall which you lemmings wanted to pretend was a COD killer that would dethrone COD quality wise.

Yeah i am sure it does now that the 2nd part is on PS4 and will probably have higher resolution and faster frames.

Kind of remind me of Dead Rising which you all hype on 360,as soon as part 2 hit the PS3 who cares and when 3 release for xbox alone all of the sudden was great again....lol

Same with Saints Row and several other games that hit the xbox 360 first last gen.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

MS claim they have the marketing rights so its a shitty move by Respawn.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

@tormentos said:
@oflow said:

Boy how things change if this shitty shooter was still exclusive to xbox one you will be all salivating over this COD wannabe with mechs,which is what still is.

Hell you people has hyped every freaking crap thrown on xbox one,from Sunset Over drive to Titanfall which you lemmings wanted to pretend was a COD killer that would dethrone COD quality wise.

Yeah i am sure it does now that the 2nd part is on PS4 and will probably have higher resolution and faster frames.

Kind of remind me of Dead Rising which you all hype on 360,as soon as part 2 hit the PS3 who cares and when 3 release for xbox alone all of the sudden was great again....lol

Same with Saints Row and several other games that hit the xbox 360 first last gen.

Best version of Titanfall still only available for xbox one and PC. That a shitty beta was a disaster.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

This stuff makes me laugh. I was at gamestop preordering BF1 and this kid was raging why Forza Horizon 3 wasnt on PS4 and how MS was evil. Nutty people everywhere.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

Titanfail 2?

:P

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

@tormentos: Hey, Sunset Overdrive wasn't crap.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 oflow

@tormentos: Your opinion might actually be worth a damn if you actually played games. But, you've already demonstrated you dont. Your game is trolling. You spend all you time 'owning lems' posting rambling garbage with BS charts and graphs trying to show how smart you are. Yet you routinely getting dimed by people that are actually smarter than you.

Until you actually grow a pair of balls and post your gamertags or can get ANYONE here thats gamed with you to cosign (even the biggest cows here say you wont game with them so you are either a scary bitch or suspect-- probably both), your best move is to shut your bitch ass up.

You dont even own a PS4.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@jdc6305 said:

@FastRobby: Yes most of us over the age of 16 still do. I prefer to have something in my hands for the money I spend.

Lol, no... My friends, and me are already 10 years over 16, and all buy digital. In my case on Xbox One, they buy their games on Steam. Even when I was actually 14 and bought a game on disk, I would download a crack, just not to put it in every time, it's a hassle, and not efficient at all.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#47 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34607 Posts

Haha, seriously? I now dislike Xbox gamers more.

Sub question: Sometimes I wonder. But I like to think Star Trek is right..

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TheEroica  Moderator  Online

@loe12k: it's a shitty move to celebrate years of work with an innocent picture on twitter? C'mon brah. Gotta rise above the nonsense.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#49 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

For all the shit cows get, this goes to show that no fanboy base is exempt from being dumb.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Just shows that lems are the most pathetic fanboys out there.