Resistance collection announced

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4365 posts) -

http://www.gamrreview.com/news/89337/sony-announces-resistance-collection/

What is the point of this?

#2 Posted by Cheleman (8197 posts) -

you making this thread doesn't feel right...

Anyways, Day 1 for me:D

#3 Posted by clone01 (26992 posts) -

Meh, cool for Resistance fans, I guess.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
#4 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

I still own R2 and R3 so I have no need for this. $40 though for one of the best FPS trilogies of the generation? That's a f*cking steal.

#5 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

I'll tell ya what, if Sony ever fixed the Wraith glitch in Resistance 2 I would be more than happy to go back to it. That game was some of the most fun I've had on PS3.

#6 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6700 posts) -
Sonys strategy of rereleasing trilogys for 40 bucks is pretty cool for people who didnt buy them when they came out. Ive only played R2 so im definitely getting this
#7 Posted by freedomfreak (49794 posts) -
rofl
#8 Posted by whiskeystrike (12172 posts) -

Didn't enjoy the demos and an extensive backlog plus more promising games on the future make this a no go.

Good for the people who have been waiting to get into the series tho.

#9 Posted by ArisShadows (22784 posts) -
To play.. To Play, Johnny ol' boy. But since the series is pretty meh,, so .. Pass.
#10 Posted by R4gn4r0k (26934 posts) -

I really should have waited with buying Killzone/GOW/Resistance/Uncharted series:P

anyway its good for the people who are getting a PS3 now, they can get a lot of good games for cheap now.

I wish they would make a Resistance: Retribution HD for PS3, the GOW psp games were great on PS3.

#11 Posted by walkingdream (4883 posts) -
I'll get it when it's cheap.
#12 Posted by danish-death (5314 posts) -
It's quite obvious. The new PS3 super slim is apparently selling well. What would be better for a new costumer to pick up a cheap game bundle like this? Or Killzone, R&C, Sly, Uncharted or whatever you're into. Sony is still releasing new games so it's not like these bundles and the HD re-releases hurts the core fanbase
#13 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

The only one I enjoyed was Resistance 3. The single player actually seemed a bit interesting. The mulitplayer was meh.

Resistance 2 had alright MP, but the single player was pretty average

Resistance 1 I just staight up couldn't play. Hasn't aged very well I guess

#14 Posted by Meeeper282 (1597 posts) -
SDC
#15 Posted by LastRambo341 (8767 posts) -
That was available ages ago :? in Europe anyways However, it was a big game-case-like carboard box with the 3 games in it
#16 Posted by SolidTy (49991 posts) -

I saw this yesterday, good deal/pricepoint for new PS3 owners to get all three Resistance games for $40.

#17 Posted by sukraj (27268 posts) -

I dont like the series.

#18 Posted by UnrealLegend (5888 posts) -

Good for the people who're interested in it but haven't played it I suppose.

Anyway, I didn't really like Resistance 2, so it's a pass from me.

#19 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -
The point? Make money. Anyhoo Resistance 3 is a great game, really well made shooter with its own distinctive flavour. The others, are so-soish.
#20 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

The point? Make money. Anyhoo Resistance 3 is a great game, really well made shooter with its own distinctive flavour. The others, are so-soish.skrat_01

R3 is my least favorite. The campaign was superb but they completely f*cked up the multiplayer, which has always been the most important element in these games.

#22 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Another collection.

#23 Posted by Badosh (12770 posts) -
I have R3, and I think that's enough Resistance for me.
#24 Posted by funsohng (29844 posts) -
Never got into the series.
#25 Posted by Heil68 (57705 posts) -
Damn, i already own all the games, but I'm going to have to buy this to support Insomniac and Sony.
#26 Posted by sts106mat (24167 posts) -
Damn, i already own all the games, but I'm going to have to buy this to support Insomniac and Sony. Heil68
insomniacs next game is a multiplat, they were on the majornelson podcast the other week gushing about how great it is to be developing a 360 game. so you'd actually be helping MS
#27 Posted by Heil68 (57705 posts) -
[QUOTE="Heil68"]Damn, i already own all the games, but I'm going to have to buy this to support Insomniac and Sony. sts106mat
insomniacs next game is a multiplat, they were on the majornelson podcast the other week gushing about how great it is to be developing a 360 game. so you'd actually be helping MS

I heard they changed art direction due to it originally looking too kiddy? Kinect(lol) influence already?
#28 Posted by sts106mat (24167 posts) -
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="Heil68"]Damn, i already own all the games, but I'm going to have to buy this to support Insomniac and Sony. Heil68

I heard they changed art direction due to it originally looking too kiddy? Kinect(lol) influence already?

dunno, sounded interesting though, cant remember what its called.
#29 Posted by Wasdie (53456 posts) -

I may have to get it. I have the first game but I don't have the second two.

#30 Posted by Heil68 (57705 posts) -
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] insomniacs next game is a multiplat, they were on the majornelson podcast the other week gushing about how great it is to be developing a 360 game. so you'd actually be helping MS

Fuse is an upcoming, four-player cooperative action video game developed by Insomniac Games and published by Electronic Arts for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in March 2013. The game was announced as Overstrike before it was rebranded in August 2012.
Avatar image for todd2r_Partdeux
#31 Posted by todd2r_Partdeux (762 posts) -
Sweet! Finally! I can't wait to pick it up and shiit on it. What a generic, smelly turd this series was. Sony should pay you 40 bucks to take this piece of donkey crap off their hands.
#32 Posted by RR360DD (13655 posts) -
:lol: Always makes me laugh seeing Sony regurgitate the same games into a new release. Even funnier when its a garbage series like Resistance. Enjoy cows!
#33 Posted by Heil68 (57705 posts) -
I have decided to buy 2 copies of this to not only support the developers and Sony but to donate one to the local library. thank you Sony and Insomniac for making this possible.
#34 Posted by slipknot0129 (5832 posts) -

Ps3 doesnt have any games so they have to release the same games again. Lol

#35 Posted by sts106mat (24167 posts) -
[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="Heil68"] I heard they changed art direction due to it originally looking too kiddy? Kinect(lol) influence already?

Fuse is an upcoming, four-player cooperative action video game developed by Insomniac Games and published by Electronic Arts for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in March 2013. The game was announced as Overstrike before it was rebranded in August 2012.

thats it, it reminded me of "gamespot fuse" when i said i couldn't remember, but i didn't twig
#36 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (9363 posts) -
Good price for 3 average shooters.
#37 Posted by Malta_1980 (11890 posts) -

Well imo the Resistance series is quite underrated..

R1 - Good Sp Campaign / Good MP

R2 - Good Sp Campaign / Great MP

R3 - Great Sp Campaign / Good MP

I hope we see R4 maybe for PS4 :)

#38 Posted by EzcapeTheFate (1063 posts) -
What a terrible franchise, sucked so bad Insomniac games didnt even want to make any more.
#39 Posted by tagyhag (15874 posts) -
Oh boy 2 sh*tty games and 1 good one. Would be cheaper for PS3 owners to just buy Resistance 3.
#40 Posted by Meeeper282 (1597 posts) -
What a terrible franchise, sucked so bad Insomniac games didnt even want to make any more.EzcapeTheFate
haze
#41 Posted by rilpas (8161 posts) -
I know I'm in the minority here, but for me, Resistance 2 is one of the PS3's best shooters, I enjoyed it much more then Killzone 2 haven't tried R3 yet
#42 Posted by TheDidact (3986 posts) -

Why is the biggest Lem in system wars making a thread on a PS3 collection?:|

#43 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -

[QUOTE="skrat_01"]The point? Make money. Anyhoo Resistance 3 is a great game, really well made shooter with its own distinctive flavour. The others, are so-soish.Master_ShakeXXX

R3 is my least favorite. The campaign was superb but they completely f*cked up the multiplayer, which has always been the most important element in these games.

Aaaaaah, that's fair enough I meant entirely in the singleplayer, can't say I've ever played Resistance multiplayer but I heard good things about the first with its massive player count, and the second seemed to have a huge focus on multi, with that co-op mode and all. Looks like Insomniac did a complete 180 in their direction after R2.
#44 Posted by TheDidact (3986 posts) -

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

[QUOTE="skrat_01"]The point? Make money. Anyhoo Resistance 3 is a great game, really well made shooter with its own distinctive flavour. The others, are so-soish.skrat_01

Aaaaaah, that's fair enough I meant entirely in the singleplayer, can't say I've ever played Resistance multiplayer but I heard good things about the first with its massive player count, and the second seemed to have a huge focus on multi, with that co-op mode and all. Looks like Insomniac did a complete 180 in their direction after R2.

The reason I didn't buy Resistance 3 was Insomniac removed everything that made Resistance 2 good, such as the 8 player class-based coop missions and the 60 player online multiplayer.

#45 Posted by platniumgamer (3960 posts) -

everyone get out of this thread... it's a trap! :roll:

#46 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -

[QUOTE="skrat_01"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

TheDidact

The reason I didn't buy Resistance 3 was Insomniac removed everything that made Resistance 2 good, such as the 8 player class-based coop missions and the 60 player online multiplayer.

Yeah they did cut a ton in the multiplayer department. Though honestly the only reason I bought R3 was for its singleplayer after hearing good things, and it certainly delivered - from what I can tell it was a considerable improvement on the second, and the firsts; I guess one aspect improves at the expense of the other in both games.
#47 Posted by Epak_ (9600 posts) -

roflfreedomfreak

Butt looks shopped.

#48 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10644 posts) -

thats pretty good.

I dont see a problem with this.

I bet if M$ made a Halo Collection or a Gears Collection, he would be claiming the final nail on the PS3's coffin

#49 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

Resistance is a solid shooter, but it's never been a great one to me. I always recommend KZ over it.

But the 60 player matches in R2 were insane.....and the co-op was also good.

#50 Posted by TheDidact (3986 posts) -

Resistance is a solid shooter, but it's never been a great one to me. I always recommend KZ over it.

But the 60 player matches in R2 were insane.....and the co-op was also good.

ShadowMoses900
IMO R2 and R1 multiplayer>KZ2 and KZ3 multiplayer. In terms of single player KZ2>KZ3>R1>R2.