Reggie Fils-Aime,Jimmy Fallon Play 3DS.They Diss Sony 3D(Video)

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

forza420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 forza420
Member since 2010 • 1225 Posts

VIDEO

they played Donkey Kong Country Returns on Wii and Kid Icarus on 3DS

but they say a few words about Sony PS3 3D that i dont think Cows will like.

anyway,watch the video i think you will like it.

Jimmy seemed to like the 3DS

rawr89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rawr89
Member since 2010 • 1746 Posts

VIDEO

forza420

uhm, Fallon was also ecstatic about Killzone 3 in 3D.

both are much better than Kinect's showing. just like what happened in E3. same thing. funny how it translated to late night talk shows. :D

Disturbed123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Disturbed123
Member since 2005 • 1665 Posts

Diss? Mentioning that you dont need a 3DTV and Glasses for 3DS is dissing Sony? LOL

gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 gamebreakerz__
Member since 2010 • 5120 Posts
So we get to play 3D games like KZ3 on a big screen with great graphics but you can play Mama's cooking challenge in 3D on a tiny screen, WITHOUT TEH GLASSES!!!!
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33425 Posts
Jimmy seemed to love Killzone.
donaldo1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 donaldo1989
Member since 2005 • 6489 Posts
exactly forget street fighter, resident evil, zelda, mario. its all about cooking mama
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts
So we get to play 3D games like KZ3 on a big screen with great graphics but you can play Mama's cooking challenge in 3D on a tiny screen, WITHOUT TEH GLASSES!!!! gamebreakerz__
Ya waste a fortune playing some linear and shiny shooter while you can play the most comfortable way anywhere you want. Mama's cooking?? Really? Ya, ignore Kid icars, RE, Assassin's creed , star fox etc
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

So we get to play 3D games like KZ3 on a big screen with great graphics but you can play Mama's cooking challenge in 3D on a tiny screen, WITHOUT TEH GLASSES!!!! gamebreakerz__
well atleast wii fanboys will get to enjoy 3d on teeny weeny eyestrain-o-vision

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LastRambo341

[QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"]So we get to play 3D games like KZ3 on a big screen with great graphics but you can play Mama's cooking challenge in 3D on a tiny screen, WITHOUT TEH GLASSES!!!! Zaibach

well at least ps3 fanboys will get to enjoy an overpriced combination of a 3D Tv and glasses
88mphSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 88mphSlayer
Member since 2010 • 3201 Posts

cue...

Sony fanboys: "OMG 3DS is t3h dumb eye-strain-o-vision wit NO GAEMS"

Nintendo fanboys: "OMG sony 3D IS T3H OVER-pRIC3D n stupid FPS"

when in reality they're thinking...

Sony fanboys: "3DS is pretty cool, and no glasses is genius for a handheld"

Nintendo fanboys: "3D on a big tv might be expensive, but i'd pick one up if it were cheaper"

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#12 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
[QUOTE="88mphSlayer"]

cue...

Nintendo fanboys: "3D on a big tv might be expensive, but i'd pick one up if it were cheaper"

lol, very true.
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 racing1750
[QUOTE="BELOW_MEE"][QUOTE="Oonga"]

Keep discussion here guys http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27359720&msg_id=323092196#323092196

Your only saying that because its your thread and nowhere nearly as popular as this one, despite it being older. Post whore.

To be fair his topic has more posts.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

cue...

88mphSlayer

True It is like that I would like to have a 3Dtv but only if it was cheaper I still didn't get an HDtv yet.

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 racing1750
[QUOTE="racing1750"][QUOTE="BELOW_MEE"]Your only saying that because its your thread and nowhere nearly as popular as this one, despite it being older. Post whore.BELOW_MEE
To be fair his topic has more posts.

To be fair, I'm trolling.

lol, didn't see that one coming :P
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
[QUOTE="Oonga"]

Keep discussion here guys http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27359720&msg_id=323092196#323092196

BELOW_MEE
Your only saying that because its your thread and nowhere nearly as popular as this one, despite it being older. Post whore.

It would do with the title, wouldn't it?
SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

Jimmy didn't diss Sony's 3D. Reggie was making a big deal about glasses, as usual, and all Fallon said was "I did wear glasses".

He did mention 3DTVs are expensive, but he never once criticized the effect. He was blown away by Killzone 3 in 3D.

Sky-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sky-
Member since 2010 • 4682 Posts

Jimmy seemed like he had fun with both. His reactions were great when he experienced 3D on both the PS3 and 3DS! He completely flipped out. =P

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50559 Posts
[QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"]So we get to play 3D games like KZ3 on a big screen with great graphics but you can play Mama's cooking challenge in 3D on a tiny screen, WITHOUT TEH GLASSES!!!! LastRambo341
Ya waste a fortune playing some linear and shiny shooter while you can play the most comfortable way anywhere you want. Mama's cooking?? Really? Ya, ignore Kid icars, RE, Assassin's creed , star fox etc

Waste a fortune? People really love to exaggerate here.
shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 shinrabanshou
Member since 2009 • 8458 Posts

There really should have just been one "Jimmy Fallon Video Games Week" thread for people to talk about him spazzing out over anything and everything and being unfunny.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"]So we get to play 3D games like KZ3 on a big screen with great graphics but you can play Mama's cooking challenge in 3D on a tiny screen, WITHOUT TEH GLASSES!!!! Chutebox

How much would a 3D TV and some 3D glasses cost? Not to mention how many 3D glasses you would want to buy.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"] Ya waste a fortune playing some linear and shiny shooter while you can play the most comfortable way anywhere you want. Mama's cooking?? Really? Ya, ignore Kid icars, RE, Assassin's creed , star fox etcLastRambo341

How much would a 3D TV and some 3D glasses cost? Not to mention how many 3D glasses you would want to buy.

It depends on what size of course. I could get the same size as my tv for around the same price.
HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"] Ya waste a fortune playing some linear and shiny shooter while you can play the most comfortable way anywhere you want. Mama's cooking?? Really? Ya, ignore Kid icars, RE, Assassin's creed , star fox etcLastRambo341

wouldn't an extra pair of glasses cost as much or more than a 3DS alone?

wasted_wisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 wasted_wisdom
Member since 2008 • 1767 Posts
Lol Owned. You tell them. haha sheep have gotten a bit cocky ever since E3. Lol I ased m mom if she'd eer letme drive her mercedes convertible and she said "The day a sheep turns into a rooster." guess it's time to go claim m award.
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#27 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] Waste a fortune? People really love to exaggerate here.HavocV3

wouldn't an extra pair of glasses cost as much or more than a 3DS alone?

they cost less than 100 dollars plus Samsung 3dTv come with 2, still fairly pricey though
Sky-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Sky-

I hope you understand that as technology and efficiency improves, the prices of these 3D products will drop.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LastRambo341

[QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"]So we get to play 3D games like KZ3 on a big screen with great graphics but you can play Mama's cooking challenge in 3D on a tiny screen, WITHOUT TEH GLASSES!!!! wasted_wisdom
Lol Owned. You tell them. haha sheep have gotten a bit cocky ever since E3. Lol I ased m mom if she'd eer letme drive her mercedes convertible and she said "The day a sheep turns into a rooster." guess it's time to go claim m award.

The only things that will be owned are your wallets ;)

Sky-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Sky-

LastRambo341

Refer to my above post. Anyways, you are not mandated to buy a 3DTV or glasses to play those games. You can still play Killzone 3 the traditional way.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

[QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"]So we get to play 3D games like KZ3 on a big screen with great graphics but you can play Mama's cooking challenge in 3D on a tiny screen, WITHOUT TEH GLASSES!!!! LastRambo341

well at least ps3 fanboys will get to enjoy an overpriced combination of a 3D Tv and glasses

that is true

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="Sky-"]

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"]

Refer to my above post. Anyways, you are not mandated to buy a 3DTV or glasses to play those games. You can still play Killzone 3 the traditional way.

I know that pretty well.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Chutebox

[QUOTE="wasted_wisdom"][QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"]So we get to play 3D games like KZ3 on a big screen with great graphics but you can play Mama's cooking challenge in 3D on a tiny screen, WITHOUT TEH GLASSES!!!! LastRambo341

Oh no! We have to spend money to enjoy things not necessary, what are we to do!?

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"]

Lol Owned. You tell them. haha sheep have gotten a bit cocky ever since E3. Lol I ased m mom if she'd eer letme drive her mercedes convertible and she said "The day a sheep turns into a rooster." guess it's time to go claim m award.wasted_wisdom

Oh no! We have to spend money to enjoy things not necessary, what are we to do!?

Yet that guy said that it'll be uncomfortable enjoying 3D because you're playing the tiny 3DS
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Chutebox

[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"]

LastRambo341

Yet that guy said that it'll be uncomfortable enjoying 3D because you're playing the tiny 3DS

Ok? So instead of arguing that point you do what he did and blindly attack 3D? Come on people...

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="Chutebox"]

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] Oh no! We have to spend money to enjoy things not necessary, what are we to do!?

Ok? So instead of arguing that point you do what he did and blindly attack 3D? Come on people...

I'm using his logic, not because I really mean it.
Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts

cue...

88mphSlayer
Haha this! I like the idea of the 3DS and I'd get one if I were into handhelds. I just bought a TV a few months ago so I can't put down for a new one anytime soon at the same time.
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts

Who gives a rats*** what Jimmy said, Reggie just confirmed that the 3DS comes out Q1 2011! I was kinda hoping for a holiday release, but oh well...

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Chutebox

Who gives a rats*** what Jimmy said, Reggie just confirmed that the 3DS comes out Q1 2010! I was kinda hoping for a holiday release, but oh well...

enterawesome
2011 you mean!
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="enterawesome"]

Who gives a rats*** what Jimmy said, Reggie just confirmed that the 3DS comes out Q1 2010! I was kinda hoping for a holiday release, but oh well...

2011 you mean!

Ah, yes... I'll fix that.
kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#41 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

VIDEO

forza420
Next year =( Also those ragging on the 3DS and talking about playing Cooking Mama and such. Last time I checked games like Saints Row, Super Street Fighter IV 3D, Metal Gear Solid 3D Snake Eater, Resident Evil Revelations, and all those other big name games coming to the 3DS aren't casual nonsense. In fact, a few of those the PSP doesn't even have.... Maybe it is just me and the fact that I just threw down $2,000 on an HDTV in 2008, but the idea of throwing down several more grand on a new TV that pretty much does the same thing as the TV I already have only this time it is sporting 3D abilities just doesn't seem appealing. This is especially true since there are ONLY a handful of games that support it right now and only a handful more are coming. Most developers aren't really going to mess with it since there is such a limited user base for it and why add something into a game, add on additional costs, and draw out your development time for a feature that like 95% of the sure case can't make use of..... So enjoy the fancy graphics through those wonderful glasses. I don't like wearing them in a movie theater and I'm definitely not going to like wearing them in my home. You can't argue that it isn't expensive either because you need the new TV and the glasses as well, none of which are cheap. Also I'm more than willing to beat that in the next 2 or 3 years we'll be seeing TVs that will use something similar to what the 3DS does so glasses will be out the window. Until then though, I'm not throwing the money down just to use a feature that is barely supported right now and doesn't look like it will be seeing much support anytime soon.
thepoop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 thepoop7
Member since 2003 • 1391 Posts
This just proves my point...Jimmy Fallon has become a complete sell out to all media. At one moment he is praising the 3D on the PS3, and the next he he bashing it with Nintendo.
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="kejigoto"][QUOTE="forza420"]

VIDEO

Next year =( Also those ragging on the 3DS and talking about playing Cooking Mama and such. Last time I checked games like Saints Row, Super Street Fighter IV 3D, Metal Gear Solid 3D Snake Eater, Resident Evil Revelations, and all those other big name games coming to the 3DS aren't casual nonsense. In fact, a few of those the PSP doesn't even have.... Maybe it is just me and the fact that I just threw down $2,000 on an HDTV in 2008, but the idea of throwing down several more grand on a new TV that pretty much does the same thing as the TV I already have only this time it is sporting 3D abilities just doesn't seem appealing. This is especially true since there are ONLY a handful of games that support it right now and only a handful more are coming. Most developers aren't really going to mess with it since there is such a limited user base for it and why add something into a game, add on additional costs, and draw out your development time for a feature that like 95% of the sure case can't make use of..... So enjoy the fancy graphics through those wonderful glasses. I don't like wearing them in a movie theater and I'm definitely not going to like wearing them in my home. You can't argue that it isn't expensive either because you need the new TV and the glasses as well, none of which are cheap. Also I'm more than willing to beat that in the next 2 or 3 years we'll be seeing TVs that will use something similar to what the 3DS does so glasses will be out the window. Until then though, I'm not throwing the money down just to use a feature that is barely supported right now and doesn't look like it will be seeing much support anytime soon.

Didn't Mr.Iwata say that the 3DS will be mainly for core gamers while when it releases, the original DS will be mixed but focus on casuals?
Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20105 Posts
This just proves my point...Jimmy Fallon has become a complete sell out to all media. At one moment he is praising the 3D on the PS3, and the next he he bashing it with Nintendo. thepoop7
Pointing out flaws in other products is now becoming a sell out? Look I'm not a Jimmy Fallon fan but there are cool things about each product shown. Jimmy though Kinect was cool, was amazed by killzone 3 and 3D, and like the fact that you don't need glasses for the 3DS. Perhaps, maybe, he likes all three?
uglyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 uglyhippos
Member since 2007 • 283 Posts
This just proves my point...Jimmy Fallon has become a complete sell out to all media. At one moment he is praising the 3D on the PS3, and the next he he bashing it with Nintendo. thepoop7
I don't like his show but if you actually watch the video you would know he didn't bashed it at all. He just said he like the 3ds and he played killzone 3 with a 3d tv the other day.
raskullibur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47 raskullibur
Member since 2003 • 3390 Posts

How much do you care where people want to spend their money?
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LastRambo341
[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="Chutebox"] Waste a fortune? People really love to exaggerate here.raskullibur

How much do you care where people want to spend their money?

Why do you care of what I ask?
player_leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 player_leo
Member since 2002 • 1483 Posts
Yeah, I haven't started 3D anything. But if I do, I'd rather just buy a 3DS for under $200 rather than a new 3D HDTV, 3D Blu-ray player, and 3D Glasses. I mean you tell me, which is more economical?
ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts

Thats not Sony's 3D, they not only one who use this and even invent it ^^' If Nintendo wanted 3D on Wii they would need to use 3D over HDMI too, after 3DS marketing "3D without glasses" we probably wont see Wii 3D before glasses-less TVs will show up and be popular