Red Dead Redemption 2 Achieves Entertainment’s Biggest Opening Weekend of All Time (Rockstar does it again)

• 80 results
Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Dayyyyyuuuuumm!!!! Those numbers are cray!! I must be the only one who didn’t buy it lol. I was about a year late to the gta5 party as well. Got it on pc. They are sick yet genius to wait on the pc version. Give them another 2 years and they’ll put up these numbers again for rdr2 on the pc and next gen of consoles. I hope the team is taking a well deserved break with some bonus money.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

The game is fantastic.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@pyro1245 said:

I love how everyone you talk to in RDR2 seems to respond in context and not with some random phrase that may or may not make sense based on what is happening.

Such attention to detail is what I'd like to see more of in gaming and I can't think of another game that does it as well as RDR2.

Just watch Mr Pearson play his concertina by the fire if you need any convincing that this game has an insane attention to detail. No wonder it took so long to make.

Although I kind of wish there were an option to make the movement less clunky. Also the motion blur sucks and I wish I could turn it off.

They put all of that attention to detail into the NPCs, but last night I was able to accidentally crash my horse into a big rock in the middle of a road, throwing myself off the horse and severely wounding the horse. A horse is a living animal. It's not going to run into a boulder no matter how hard you are riding it. Anyone who has ever been on horseback knows that it is basically impossible to drive a horse off of a cliff or run it into an obstacle. Maybe that could be fixed with a patch or something, but it really sticks out to me when the rest of the game has so much attention to detail.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9432 Posts

@PurpleMan5000: Yeah that actually happened to me too. Ran straight into a tree and I flew off.

caytonbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55 caytonbill
Member since 2018 • 4 Posts

Rockstar is the standard to what other game companies strive for. I recently became a tester here https://tinyurl.com/y7fkzmlk and i hope to test other rock star games in the future

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Remember that survey polling 5000 people that said Black Ops 4 was more anticipated? LMAO

I said RDR2 would be the best selling game this year and these are the sales without the online mode even being available yet.

Wow dude, what a prediction. You should play the lotto.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@scatteh316 said:

But...but....some hermits said it wouldn't be as big or do as well as GTA5.......Hahahahaha

2nd highest of all time..... God damn!!

Sucks to be a Hermit right now.... all they can do it watch it being played on youtube....lmao.

@knight-k said:

Meanwhile hermits enjoy this game at a wonderful 0 fps at 0K resolution.

And let's not forget our sheep friends, they will soon be able to play pokemon go pikachu and go eevee, REJOICE!

@blackballs said:
@scatteh316 said:

But...but....some hermits said it wouldn't be as big or do as well as GTA5.......Hahahahaha

Sucks to be a Hermit right now.... all they can do it watch it being played on youtube....lmao.

Lol poor hermits. While console gamers have AAAAE masterpieces like Uncharted 4, Red Dead 2, Marrio Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, they have...

Some 3 hour indie game nobody cares about, lol.

Why do you get enjoyment out of the fact that others don't get to play the game? It's really weird.

Anyway, congrats to R*. It's a great game.

This is a silly post.... ask yourself....... what reason wouldn't these people get to play the game?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22413 Posts

@scatteh316 said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@scatteh316 said:

@knight-k said:

And let's not forget our sheep friends, they will soon be able to play pokemon go pikachu and go eevee, REJOICE!

@blackballs said:
@scatteh316 said:

Lol poor hermits. While console gamers have AAAAE masterpieces like Uncharted 4, Red Dead 2, Marrio Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, they have...

Why do you get enjoyment out of the fact that others don't get to play the game? It's really weird.

This is a silly post.... ask yourself....... what reason wouldn't these people get to play the game?

Um, if they're PC-only gamers?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@scatteh316 said:

The biggest beta test of all time.

All to serve me.

Nice.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Zaryia
@blackballs said:

Lol poor hermits. While console gamers have AAAAE masterpieces

PC can play the most amount of big budget as well as most amount of high scoring titles this gen. You have to combine multiple consoles to compete, and pretend certain 3rd party features don't exist in the real world.

@blackballs said:
@with_teeth26 said:

I play both consoles and PC, but it's sad for actual hermits that have no consoles.

True, but the opposite is far far worse. Someone who is PS4 (or XB or Switch) only misses out on far more big budget and high scoring games than someone who is PC only. PC simply gets more multiplats from more systems, as well as a few exclusive genres. This gen alone PS4 is 100 high scoring games below PC.

This is on top of having to play the shit version of most major games, and having trash online with next to no competitive gaming and a much much smaller selection of actively played titles.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts

What were the day 1 unit sales at?

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 BlackBalls
Member since 2018 • 1496 Posts

@zaryia said:
@blackballs said:

PC can play the most amount of big budget as well as most amount of high scoring titles this gen. You have to combine multiple consoles to compete, and pretend certain 3rd party features don't exist in the real world.

@blackballs said:
@with_teeth26 said:

I play both consoles and PC, but it's sad for actual hermits that have no consoles.

True, but the opposite is far far worse. Someone who is PS4 (or XB or Switch) only misses out on far more big budget and high scoring games than someone who is PC only. PC simply gets more multiplats from more systems, as well as a few exclusive genres. This gen alone PS4 is 100 high scoring games below PC.

This is on top of having to play the shit version of most major games, and having trash online with next to no competitive gaming and a much much smaller selection of actively played titles.

They are all worse, there is no far worse. If you have a ps4 and Switch there are tons of games to play. Unless you're a ultra nerd with no life that plays games 8 hours a day. Any normal human being with a good work/life balance will have more than they need.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Kali-B1rd
@blackballs said:
@zaryia said:
@blackballs said:

@blackballs said:
@with_teeth26 said:

They are all worse, there is no far worse. If you have a ps4 and Switch there are tons of games to play. Unless you're a ultra nerd with no life that plays games 8 hours a day. Any normal human being with a good work/life balance will have more than they need.

That works both ways.

Obviously.

But you miss out on more CHOICE without the PC, as there are while genres not present on consoles, the reverse can''t be said anymore.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 BlackBalls
Member since 2018 • 1496 Posts

@kali-b1rd said:
@blackballs said:
@zaryia said:
@blackballs said:

@blackballs said:
@with_teeth26 said:

That works both ways.

Obviously.

But you miss out on more CHOICE without the PC, as there are while genres not present on consoles, the reverse can''t be said anymore.

Do you honestly think casual gamers care about strategy games, 4k, and what not? Nobody is missing anything. If you play on a system, unless again you have no life you'll have plenty to play. Can't even believe I'm saying this, but it also applies to the Xbone.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Zaryia
@blackballs said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@blackballs said:
@zaryia said:

That works both ways.

Obviously.

Do you honestly think casual gamers care about strategy games, 4k, and what not? Nobody is missing anything. If you play on a system, unless again you have no life you'll have plenty to play. Can't even believe I'm saying this, but it also applies to the Xbone.

If you can only pick 1 system, PC objectively is the best.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#67  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts
@blackballs said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@blackballs said:
@zaryia said:

That works both ways.

Obviously.

I know people who only play strategy games like CIV or Stellaris

I guess you could argue that they wouldn't be considered casual but, that depends on your definition of the term - whether its someone who plays only a few games, or someone who only plays simplistic games.

the idea that high-budget third person action games are the only genre that matters only exists in SW, not in the real world. its a nonsense, garbage idea.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Kali-B1rd
@with_teeth26 said:
@blackballs said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@blackballs said:
@zaryia said:

That works both ways.

Obviously.

I know people who only play strategy games like CIV or Stellaris

I guess you could argue that they wouldn't be considered casual but, that depends on your definition of the term - whether its someone who plays only a few games, or someone who only plays simplistic games.

its a moot point anyway.

What does the casual's preference on games have to do with the fact I mentioned?

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#69  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19680 Posts

It's worth keeping in mind the big price difference between games and movies. The average AAA game costs $60, whereas the average movie ticket costs $10. If you convert the opening weekend revenue into sales, you'd get:

Red Dead Redemption 2 -> $725 million = ~12 million sales

Avengers: Infinity War -> $640 million = ~64 million sales

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 scatteh316
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@scatteh316 said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@scatteh316 said:

@knight-k said:

@blackballs said:
@scatteh316 said:

Um, if they're PC-only gamers?

Think about what you've just said.... unless you live in financial poverty the only other reason why you can't enjoy this game is because you're a dirty fan boy.

The option is there for EVERYONE to play the game.... I laugh at the people who are such fan boys they do themselves out of playing the game when they don't have too go without.

That is funny!

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 scatteh316
@zaryia said:

Still bragging about having more, LOWER scoring games........

But...but.....we have more average rated games...

That's like a country saying they won the Olympics because they have more silver medals then the winners have gold.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Zaryia
@scatteh316 said:
@zaryia said:

That's like a country saying they won the Olympics because they have more silver medals then the winners have gold.

PC has over 100 more games scoring over 8.0 at GS and MC. Objectively winning the meta game and being first place by a HUGE margin.

That's not average or low scoring. That's high scoring.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By scatteh316
@zaryia said:
@scatteh316 said:
@zaryia said:

PC has over 100 more games scoring over 8.0 at GS and MC. Objectively winning the meta game and being first place by a HUGE margin.

That's not average or low scoring. That's high scoring.

And PS4 has more HIGHER scoring AAA and AAAE games....

So you've proved my point, bragging you have more LOWER scoring games....

This year alone PC only has 2 games on MC that scored a 9 or above while PS4 has 6 (7 if you include the VR game)

But...but....but....... we have more LOWER scoring games then the competition.....

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Zaryia
@scatteh316 said:

This year alone PC only has 2 games on MC that scored a 9 or above while PS4 has 6 (7 if you include the VR game)

Word.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/forza-horizon-4

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/monster-hunter-world

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/celeste

I just wish I could play those 9+ games on PC! Instead PC has to play lower scoring filth like this,

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/forza-horizon-4

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/monster-hunter-world

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/celeste

(P.S. PC has more 9+ at GS, the site we use. This is because GS normalizes multiplats scores. PC wins SW metagame atm. How does second place feel?)

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 scatteh316
@zaryia said:
@scatteh316 said:

Word. I just wish PC had more 9+ games like this in 2018,

Oh.....wait...

P.S. PC has more 9+ at GS, the site we use. This is because GS normalizes multiplats scores. PC wins SW metagame atm.

Having to move goal posts to just use GS scores because you lost even though you use MC in your own argument...

Hahahaha..... Bragging about having more, lower scoring games then PS4, the AAA/AAAE generation leader.

Rekd

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Zaryia
@scatteh316 said:
@zaryia said:
@scatteh316 said:

Oh.....wait...

P.S. PC has more 9+ at GS, the site we use. This is because GS normalizes multiplats scores. PC wins SW metagame atm.

Having to move goal posts to just use GS scores because you lost even though you use MC in your own argument...

Hahahaha..... Bragging about having more, lower scoring games then PS4, the AAA/AAAE generation leader.

Rekd

1. That isn't a goal post move, I specifically stated GS in that post, and we're posting on GS. MC supports my argument too, as I stated 8.0+. You arbitrarily chose 9+. GS just happens to take precedent, as it's the main site we use here (and for when the metagame was active), and it accounts for silly stuff like this:

Word.

I just wish I could play those 9+ games on PC! Instead PC has to play lower scoring filth like this,

MC doesn't account for that, which is why we use 8+.

First place with ~100+ High scoring games (Both AAA and AA!). Biggest gap in SW meta-game history. I'm loving it!

How does second place feel?

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By scatteh316
@zaryia said:
@scatteh316 said:
@zaryia said:
@scatteh316 said:

Oh.....wait...

Rekd

1. That isn't a goal post move, I specifically stated GS and we're posting on GS. MC supports my argument too, as I stated 8.0+. You arbitrarily chose 9+.

Word.

I'm glad GS normalizes silly stuff like that. First place race. How does second place feel?

First place with ~100+ High scoring games (Both AAA and AA!). Biggest gap in SW meta-game history. I'm loving it!

PS4, the AAA/AAAE generation leader.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Zaryia
@scatteh316 said:

Not at the very site you are posting on. PC is the AAA and AA leader. With roughly 100 more high scoring games than PS4. Similar results at MC, minus a 20 or so disparity at 88%-92% seen directly from dedicated padding or unreviewed titles - which GS thankfully corrects for.

This is astronomical lead, and has never been seen before in GS history. What a fantastic and deserved win!

How does second place feel? (And third place for gfx?)

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 scatteh316
@zaryia said:
@scatteh316 said:

Not at the very site you are posting on. PC is the AAA and AA leader. With roughly 100 more high scoring games than PS4. Similar results at MC, minus a 20 or so disparity at 88%-92% seen directly from dedicated padding or unreviewed titles - which GS thankfully corrects for.

This is astronomical lead, and has never been seen before in GS history. What a fantastic and deserved win!

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Zaryia
@scatteh316 said:
@zaryia said:
@scatteh316 said:

PC, the AAA/AA generation leader. By a 100 games.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Theres no way this game outsold avengers infinity war that movie is all over the place I just don't believe it, its a friggin western ffs

Everyone knows the THanos snapping his fingers nobody knows this game as much imo

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22413 Posts

@scatteh316: Not everyone wants to waste money on having multiple machines... even for a game as good as RDR2.