RAGE 2 vs Borderlands 3. which will be better game overall?

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Posted by Ghosts4ever (9597 posts) 1 month, 24 days ago

Poll: RAGE 2 vs Borderlands 3. which will be better game overall? (59 votes)

RAGE 2 36%
Borderlands 3 64%
No Caption Provided

Or

No Caption Provided

hello friends,

So borderlands 3 just announced and they both most likely coming in 2019. which one you think will be a better game overall?

imo it will be easily Rage 2. better shooting and movement and no RPG elements are enough to consider it a better of 2. as i always think borderlands games were kind of bad. plus id software are better than gearbox.

both series are similar and many people has been comparing it. even Rage 2 resemble borderlands alot due to almost similar style.

so my friends, lets vote and discuss which will be better of 2.

Avatar image for mandzilla
#1 Posted by Mandzilla (4037 posts) -

I'm voting for Borderlands 3 just because I know that's your most hotly anticipated game. :D

Avatar image for djoffer
#2 Posted by djoffer (1220 posts) -

Not really excited for either, but would probably be most likely to buy borderlands of those two

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#3 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9597 posts) -

@mandzilla said:

I'm voting for Borderlands 3 just because I know that's your most hotly anticipated game. :D

im not expecting Rage 2 to be masterpiece. but a game that fill a gap until a real masterpiece (Doom Eternal) release.

just expecting it to be fun open world FPS game.

Avatar image for Litchie
#4 Edited by Litchie (23716 posts) -

I think RAGE 2 will be a better game in that it will be more polished and have better gameplay. But I might enjoy Borderlands 3 more, since I can play it with my friends. We'll see..

BL3 looks pretty identical to BL2 in its' visuals, which was a bit lame. And even in that trailer I could see imperfects in animations, just like the other two BL games. I hope they improve upon #3 more than what that trailer suggests. I especially hope they improve the gunplay. In the BL games, it feels pretty crappy. Not very good when you spend 98% of the time shooting things.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#5 Posted by R4gn4r0k (30720 posts) -

Where is my brothers in arms?

Anyway, both games are pretty meh at this point for me. Last great open world game Avalanche has made was back with Just Cause 2.

Avatar image for Ant_17
#6 Posted by Ant_17 (12155 posts) -

Borderlands 3 not cause it will be better, but I will have fun with friends. I hope they keep the pvp as it was. Having a duel over gear was so fun which is why i never played destiny and don't care for anthem.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#7 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9597 posts) -
@R4gn4r0k said:

Where is my brothers in arms?

thats what i was hoping. its been in development since 2015. and still no news. everytime randy said we are not ready to announced it.

i think either its cancelled or they have no idea what to do. since after the success of borderlands. they only want to make loot xp shooters.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#8 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9597 posts) -

@Litchie said:

I think RAGE 2 will be a better game in that it will be more polished and have better gameplay. But I might enjoy Borderlands 3 more, since I can play it with my friends. We'll see..

BL3 looks pretty identical to BL2 in its' visuals, which was a bit lame. And even in that trailer I could see imperfects in animations, just like the other two BL games. I hope they improve upon #3 more than what that trailer suggests. I especially hope they improve the gunplay. In the BL games, it feels pretty crappy. Not very good when you spend 98% of the time shooting things.

but Rage 2 focus on single player and single player always been better than MP and Coop.

Avatar image for Spartan070
#9 Posted by Spartan070 (16405 posts) -

Borderlands 3 is my most anticipated game

Avatar image for mandzilla
#10 Posted by Mandzilla (4037 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: Both look very fun to be fair. I'd be more inclined towards Rage 2 also since I've never been a big fan of looter shooters, but I'm guessing they'll score pretty evenly.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#11 Posted by R4gn4r0k (30720 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Where is my brothers in arms?

thats what i was hoping. its been in development since 2015. and still no news. everytime randy said we are not ready to announced it.

i think either its cancelled or they have no idea what to do. since after the success of borderlands. they only want to make loot xp shooters.

Which is a shame because I thought Borderlands 2 was one of the most boring games I've played.

I love other Gearbox games like the Half Life Expansions and Brothers In Arms, but with Borderlands being such a success, they are going for the one thing that is making them loads of money.

Avatar image for johnd13
#12 Posted by johnd13 (9691 posts) -

I doubt I will get either of them, but Borderlands 3 seems more interesting to me simply because I could play it with my friends. We had a great time with BL2 at the time.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#13 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9597 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Where is my brothers in arms?

thats what i was hoping. its been in development since 2015. and still no news. everytime randy said we are not ready to announced it.

i think either its cancelled or they have no idea what to do. since after the success of borderlands. they only want to make loot xp shooters.

Which is a shame because I thought Borderlands 2 was one of the most boring games I've played.

I love other Gearbox games like the Half Life Expansions and Brothers In Arms, but with Borderlands being such a success, they are going for the one thing that is making them loads of money.

there was a brothers in arms 4 which was like borderlands before it got cancelled and they say they were making authentic BIA game.

yeah borderlands 2 was incredibly boring, and dull. its one of the most unfun game of last gen. the shooting just suck. Rage 2 looks like if borderlands was good game.

Avatar image for dxmcat
#14 Posted by dxmcat (2568 posts) -

Both look extremely boring.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#15 Posted by R4gn4r0k (30720 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:

there was a brothers in arms 4 which was like borderlands before it got cancelled and they say they were making authentic BIA game.

yeah borderlands 2 was incredibly boring, and dull. its one of the most unfun game of last gen. the shooting just suck. Rage 2 looks like if borderlands was good game.

Well, the shooting and powers in RAGE 2 look like fun, but for all we know the open world could be filled with boring sidequests and capturing the same outpost over and over again ala Far Cry.

Avatar image for SecretPolice
#16 Posted by SecretPolice (35093 posts) -

BL3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rage Who? :P

Avatar image for Archangel3371
#17 Posted by Archangel3371 (27584 posts) -

I think both look quite good but I would say that I’m more interested in Borderlands 3 and think it’ll probably be the better game.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#18 Edited by uninspiredcup (32807 posts) -

Rage 2 looks better. But both look like they will suffer from extreme repetition. Every Borderland game has this, and Rage 2 rather than a tight experience will try to compete with shit like Far Cry where it's padded out for the sake of padding.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#19 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9597 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Rage 2 looks better. But both look like they will suffer from extreme repetition. Every Borderland game has this, and Rage 2 rather than a tight experience will try to compete with shit like Far Cry where it's padded out for the sake of padding.

except Rage 2 wont be boring because it has fast movement and Doom like shooting.

Avatar image for floppydics
#20 Posted by floppydics (84 posts) -

Rage 2 looks super fun with nice creative kills. Borderlands saving grace is 4 player coop with long game length.

Avatar image for GarGx1
#21 Posted by GarGx1 (10928 posts) -

It's much more likely that Borderlands 3 will be on the Epic games store so there is no way I'm going to hyped for it. Bethesda have confirmed Rage 2 for Steam, so Bethesda = good guys (for the time being and ignoring Fallout 76 but I was never interested in that in the first place :) )

Avatar image for davillain-
#22 Edited by DaVillain- (36052 posts) -

@GarGx1 said:

It's much more likely that Borderlands 3 will be on the Epic games store so there is no way I'm going to hyped for it. Bethesda have confirmed Rage 2 for Steam, so Bethesda = good guys (for the time being and ignoring Fallout 76 but I was never interested in that in the first place :) )

I be very disappointed if Borderlands 3 does end up being Epic timely exclusive despite I stated I don't care where the game goes even though it's on the same PC, I have lots of Borderland/2 achievements on Steam and I can't see Gearbox limiting their fans and Borderlands series did well on Steam. Don't fix if it ain't broken Gearbox.

I also was never interest in Fallout 76 either but Bethesda saw the results for not having Fallout 76 on Steam, so they ain't gonna pull an Epic on Steam.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#23 Posted by uninspiredcup (32807 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Rage 2 looks better. But both look like they will suffer from extreme repetition. Every Borderland game has this, and Rage 2 rather than a tight experience will try to compete with shit like Far Cry where it's padded out for the sake of padding.

except Rage 2 wont be boring because it has fast movement and Doom like shooting.

It's very much a "wait and see".

BOTW done a very good job of highlighting just how lazy other open-world games are.

Avatar image for heathen75
#24 Posted by HEATHEN75 (678 posts) -

Single player shooters don't interest me in the least. Give me some four player Borderlands. Love the style and humor of the Borderlands series.

Avatar image for GarGx1
#25 Posted by GarGx1 (10928 posts) -
@davillain- said:
@GarGx1 said:

It's much more likely that Borderlands 3 will be on the Epic games store so there is no way I'm going to hyped for it. Bethesda have confirmed Rage 2 for Steam, so Bethesda = good guys (for the time being and ignoring Fallout 76 but I was never interested in that in the first place :) )

I be very disappointed if Borderlands 3 does end up being Epic timely exclusive despite I stated I don't care where the game goes even though it's on the same PC, I have lots of Borderland/2 achievements on Steam and I can't see Gearbox limiting their fans and Borderlands series did well on Steam. Don't fix if it ain't broken Gearbox.

I also was never interest in Fallout 76 either but Bethesda saw the results for not having Fallout 76 on Steam, so they ain't gonna pull an Epic on Steam.

Not so sure Randy Pervert has been all gushy on Twitter about the Epic games store and Take Two (who are likely behind Outer Worlds going to Epic) own Gearbox. So the chances of Borderlands 3 being an Epic store exclusive are very high.

Avatar image for Macutchi
#26 Posted by Macutchi (6697 posts) -

colour scheme aside, rage 2 looks pretty decent from the early footage. but spiderman did too. it was only when it released that we found out it was, at heart, a ubisoft open world repetitive grind fest. hopefully r2 doesn't follow suit

Avatar image for Jacanuk
#27 Posted by Jacanuk (18276 posts) -

This is not even a close competition, Borderlands 3 wins in a landslide and RAge 2, is Bethesda so enough said there.

Bethesda could not make a good game if they sat on it and it began screaming lately. They should stick to Fallout SP and stop trying to make crappy IP´s come alive again.

Avatar image for foxhound_fox
#28 Posted by foxhound_fox (97853 posts) -

Borderlands, obviously.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#29 Edited by Ghosts4ever (9597 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

This is not even a close competition, Borderlands 3 wins in a landslide and RAge 2, is Bethesda so enough said there.

Bethesda could not make a good game if they sat on it and it began screaming lately. They should stick to Fallout SP and stop trying to make crappy IP´s come alive again.

Bethesda are not making it. avalanche with id software are.

Avatar image for Jacanuk
#30 Posted by Jacanuk (18276 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:
@Jacanuk said:

This is not even a close competition, Borderlands 3 wins in a landslide and RAge 2, is Bethesda so enough said there.

Bethesda could not make a good game if they sat on it and it began screaming lately. They should stick to Fallout SP and stop trying to make crappy IP´s come alive again.

Bethesda are not making it. avalanche with id software are.

Bethesda is involved that is enough to stay far far away from it.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#31 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9597 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Jacanuk said:

This is not even a close competition, Borderlands 3 wins in a landslide and RAge 2, is Bethesda so enough said there.

Bethesda could not make a good game if they sat on it and it began screaming lately. They should stick to Fallout SP and stop trying to make crappy IP´s come alive again.

Bethesda are not making it. avalanche with id software are.

Bethesda is involved that is enough to stay far far away from it.

bethesda is best publisher this gen.

they bring all thier games to steam when other abondon it. they dont make thier games exclusive on steam.

they publish best game this gen that is Doom and probably going to release future best game this gen that will be Doom Eternal.

they are bad developers but as publisher they have been on roll. and id software touch anything turn into Gold. Rage 2 looks Excellent.

Avatar image for Jacanuk
#32 Posted by Jacanuk (18276 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:
@Jacanuk said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Jacanuk said:

This is not even a close competition, Borderlands 3 wins in a landslide and RAge 2, is Bethesda so enough said there.

Bethesda could not make a good game if they sat on it and it began screaming lately. They should stick to Fallout SP and stop trying to make crappy IP´s come alive again.

Bethesda are not making it. avalanche with id software are.

Bethesda is involved that is enough to stay far far away from it.

bethesda is best publisher this gen.

they bring all thier games to steam when other abondon it. they dont make thier games exclusive on steam.

they publish best game this gen that is Doom and probably going to release future best game this gen that will be Doom Eternal.

they are bad developers but as publisher they have been on roll. and id software touch anything turn into Gold. Rage 2 looks Excellent.

LOL Doom the best game this gen, well at least i now know you are not that serious :)

And Bethesda is not even in the top 100000 of best publishers this gen, they are a scam developer and publisher who live off their success with Skyrim which they keep porting to every imaginable platform because they don´t have the skill to make good games or good new IP´s

Also listening to them at Pax East it explains a lot, Todd Howard is a joke.

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
#33 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18697 posts) -

Never got into Borderlands, so Rage 2 by default.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#34 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9597 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Jacanuk said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Jacanuk said:

This is not even a close competition, Borderlands 3 wins in a landslide and RAge 2, is Bethesda so enough said there.

Bethesda could not make a good game if they sat on it and it began screaming lately. They should stick to Fallout SP and stop trying to make crappy IP´s come alive again.

Bethesda are not making it. avalanche with id software are.

Bethesda is involved that is enough to stay far far away from it.

bethesda is best publisher this gen.

they bring all thier games to steam when other abondon it. they dont make thier games exclusive on steam.

they publish best game this gen that is Doom and probably going to release future best game this gen that will be Doom Eternal.

they are bad developers but as publisher they have been on roll. and id software touch anything turn into Gold. Rage 2 looks Excellent.

LOL Doom the best game this gen, well at least i now know you are not that serious :)

And Bethesda is not even in the top 100000 of best publishers this gen, they are a scam developer and publisher who live off their success with Skyrim which they keep porting to every imaginable platform because they don´t have the skill to make good games or good new IP´s

Also listening to them at Pax East it explains a lot, Todd Howard is a joke.

Doom is definitely best game this gen and also best FPS of decade too.

i dont care about them as developer or todd howard. but they as publisher are good.

your loss if you are ignoring Rage 2 and Doom Eternal because of bethesda when these 2 looks like 2 of best FPS this year.

Avatar image for mandzilla
#35 Posted by Mandzilla (4037 posts) -

Wow, Gamespot's 'Borderlands 3's Trailer Didn't Impress Us As Much As We Hoped' video on youtube is getting hammered. 475 👍🏻 and 6.4k 👎🏻 That's an angry fan base lol.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#36 Edited by lundy86_4 (52721 posts) -

B3 looks like it's lacking in a modern era graphics-wise, but i'll have a damn sight more fun playing that than Rage 2... Yeah, Rage 2 has improved on the first, but the first was shit, so the bar wasn't set too high.

Avatar image for warmblur
#37 Posted by warmblur (2159 posts) -

Rage 2 can't get into cell shaded games.

Avatar image for raining51
#38 Posted by Raining51 (804 posts) -

The recent trailer hasn't really changed my opinion that both aren't particularly inspiring.

Avatar image for Cloud_imperium
#39 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14922 posts) -

Borderlands 3 looks more manly and a better game. Rage 2 is for kids who only know how to point and click, and can't handle more gameplay mechanics. Real men with 25 inch large pen.is play Borderlands 3 and save Randy Pitchford's shirtless pic as their desktop wallpaper.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
#40 Posted by mrbojangles25 (43784 posts) -

I'm not sure what the multiplayer plans are for Rage 2, but I'm hoping they revolve around co-op and free, frequently-added content. With that said, I generally play shooters for single-player experiences these days, so I am looking forward to Rage 2 the most.

Borderlands 1 was boring, Borderlands 2 was an improvement, and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel was a bit of a step back in my opinion. I just find that in the Borderlands games you hit this frequent wall so you have to go back and grind for better gear before you can move on. It's not really skill based, just "can you kill fast enough"-based.

Avatar image for iambatman7986
#41 Posted by iambatman7986 (2763 posts) -

Neither game looks really enjoyable to me, but I prefer shooters to be coop so Borderlands 3 would win by default for me. I like the art style of Rage 2 much more than BL3, but single player shooters quickly become very boring to me. Metro 2033 and Doom 2016 were the last sp shooters I tried to play, and they were both just boring to play. I never beat either game because they felt like a chore to play. Just my opinion though.

Why are rpg elements bad when it leads to progression and character growth in a game? RPG elements can change a game from one playthrough to the next. Just curious.

Avatar image for pmanden
#42 Posted by pmanden (589 posts) -

Too early to tell, but Borderlands 1 and 2 were MILES better than Rage. So my money is on Borderlands 3. It is also one of my most hyped games at the moment.

Avatar image for Jacanuk
#43 Posted by Jacanuk (18276 posts) -
@mandzilla said:

Wow, Gamespot's 'Borderlands 3's Trailer Didn't Impress Us As Much As We Hoped' video on youtube is getting hammered. 475 👍🏻 and 6.4k 👎🏻 That's an angry fan base lol.

No surprise, it´s a really bad video where you have 2 people who probably weren´t even born when Borderlands 1 came out, sit and talk about a game they never even played and also comparing it to Destiny is just funny when Destiny did not even come 5% close to the quality of Borderlands.

Avatar image for cainetao11
#44 Posted by cainetao11 (36500 posts) -

Persona 6

Avatar image for with_teeth26
#45 Posted by with_teeth26 (9475 posts) -

i'll probably have more fun with Borderlands 3 because i'll play through it with friends

Avatar image for avenger85
#46 Posted by avenger85 (207 posts) -

Honestly at this point I’m over games having loot, crafting and Stats/skill trees rammed in them . So I guess Rage 2 wins?

Avatar image for mandzilla
#47 Posted by Mandzilla (4037 posts) -

@Jacanuk: Yeah agreed, the points they made in that video did seem overly nitpicky to me. I haven't played Destiny or Borderlands, but the latter is always held in high regard in my experience from people who have played it.

Avatar image for robbie23
#48 Posted by Robbie23 (319 posts) -

I enjoyed and got 100% in Borderlands one, however I got sick of part 2 during the halfway mark and stopped playing.